Donald Trump removing himself from debate-

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)
  1. LauraD093 profile image71
    LauraD093posted 8 years ago

Personally I am sick of hearing hie rhetoric so I could care less that he is not going to be present. I just find it amazing that his personal "feelings" over a single news reporter is his reason why. Isn't it the responsibility of all candidates to answer those questions the voters need to have answered prior to casting their vote?

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Has there ever been a politician that did that?

1. LauraD093 profile image71
        LauraD093posted 8 years agoin reply to this

sigh...I have to agree-thanks for responding

2. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think it is a brilliant move on his part. He is thumbing his nose at the mass media machine that is doing nobody any favors. They pick whoever is the hottest and roll with it to sell copy. He doesn't need to hash out the tired played out talk that is the essence of the debates now and look at the press he is getting just today. I personally don't much care for him or his ridiculous gesturing on the stage but I have to hand it to him everybody can't wait what he says next. I think he picked this up from Howard Stern who he has done countless interviews with.

2. Dean Traylor profile image95
    Dean Traylorposted 8 years ago

Trump's major flaw is that he's thin-skinned. He doesn't like to be criticized or have anyone question his ethics in business and politics. He uses the media to lash out at those he feels have wronged him..

Now he wants to boycott a debate because a commentator had previously asked him tough questions he had trouble asking or felt was offensive? And this guy wants to be president.  Imagine the type of constitutional crisis he would create if he made it to this office and was constantly being scrutinized for his policy?

This boycott may seem minor in some people's eyes, but I can see this is a harbinger of things to come if he's elected.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more. I hope those who support him because (I hope) they are so frustrated with business as usual in Washington will finally see how damaging this  buffoon could be as  POTUS because of these obvious personality defects and start looking at the rest of the field.

3. RJ Schwartz profile image86
    RJ Schwartzposted 8 years ago

Trump is doing things in a different way, yes.  He is standing up for himself and calling out media biases, which many call petty, but impact us all.  The media is a huge money machine and they are not interested in having their weaknesses exposed or their secrets told.  I think Trump is correct in his assessment that Fox needs him for what?  Ad revenues...nothing more.  He keeps showing them that he runs the show, a quality we need in an American president.  Every other candidate in GOP history would simple roll ove and let the leftists pound them again and again....not Trump.

Megyn Kelly just hosted an anti-Trump event and helped get negative info out about Trump.  She has already proven she isn't qualified to moderate (remember Candy Crowley did the same thing) - call Trump names, but he is correct

1. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

100%. RJ Schwartz, I love it when I see a person post in the HubPages Forums in Politics and Social Issues who is 'awake' with eyes to see.  <3

2. LauraD093 profile image71
      LauraD093posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank-you for responding you are dead on about the revenue.

4. bBerean profile image60
    bBereanposted 8 years ago

Genius.  No matter what any other candidate says during the debate, the media will come to Trump afterwards and he will in effect get the last word.  He is showing he doesn't need the media nearly as much as they need him.  All the other candidates become a byline to Trump in a debate he doesn't even attend.  Trump may not be an experienced politician, but he continually shows he can control processes and play chess with them better than anyone.  Impressive.

5. LauraD093 profile image71
    LauraD093posted 8 years ago

The long and short of it is that 6 million plus was raised for veteran groups-would rather have the revenue Trump's presence brings go to their pockets rather then Fox News-I want to thank everyone who chimed in on this one.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)