The Clinton Fix Is In. Hillary gets all the Delegates.

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (46 posts)
  1. rhamson profile image71
    rhamsonposted 8 years ago

In a popular vote that Sanders handily won in New Hampshire, Clinton walks away with an equal share of delegates. The Super Delegates that can vote as they please and not according to their constituency award Clinton their tying votes. Yes the Democrats have decided to run their own campaign and offer up Clinton despite the voice of the voters. The system is most assuredly a sham.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's early in the game. The will of the people will prevail at the convention, I believe. This inequity could be very good for Sanders. It could turn popular opinion even further away from Hillary in the upcoming primaries.

rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Robert Reich is running a petition to stop the Superdelegate vote. Go to http://act.democracyforamerica.com/sign … 99..pr0qgU to stop this travesty.

2. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

There is going to be a lot of light on this, the Clinton campaign best not open that pandora's box or there is going to be trouble for sure... Dirty tricks are not allowed and it will substantiate the reasons that folks are pulling away from her.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Dirty tricks are not allowed??!!

What planet do YOU live on, Credence? That's what politics is all about, here on earth!  lol

1. colorfulone profile image77
          colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's politics!   lol

2. Live to Learn profile image60

Credence is right, though. It shouldn't be. And, when people become aware of how dirty some are, they turn to other politicians whose behavior hasn't been exposed, or don't appear to exhibit those traits. The Clinton's got away with it the first go round. But, Hillary doesn't have the charisma Bill had and will never pull it off the second time.

I hope.

3. Credence2 profile image79

Yeah, Wilderness, I know that I reside on Terra Firma. I am not surprised, but everyone is expecting the possiblility of a 'slight of hand' used by the Clinton campaign. There will be a riot on the convention floor if she uses these super delegates to supercede the will of the majority of those delegate from all of the 50 states. That is not going to go unnoticed and will certainly be challenged. That won't be good for either her or the party.

1. profile image57
            retief2000posted 8 years agoin reply to this

The best news America could ever receive.
            Cruz 2016

1. Credence2 profile image79

Cruz is a rightwinged brute, nobody likes him nor trust him. You will end up with Trump and that will 'trump' all other forms of entertainment in this election year.

1. profile image57

A right winged brute, that is a specious assertion. Provide some proof or dry up. Trump will not be nearly as entertaining as the leftist media continuing to flack for Hillary. If you want a brute, you need look no farther than Hillary's Husband and there is ample proof of that assertion.

The only thing funnier than Hillary talking about the "war on women" when her Husband is a commando in that war, is the prospect of her and her friends frog marched into the black Suburbans by the FBI. That will be delicious.

Here is some evidence, Cowboy.

This from David Brooks, nationally renown conservative columnist for the New York Times, about as fair and balanced as it gets, huh?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/new … ngelicals/

2. rhamson profile image71

"That won't be good for either her or the party."

Hillary has proven that she has little in regards of scruples and is more than willing to do what is necessary to assure her objectives. Many have seen a quick turnaround from the "it's my turn" focus of her campaign because of Bernie's focus on the electorate and their wants. My other half cannot stand her because of how she stuck with Bill after all the numerous affairs and the shaming of the office with Monica Lewinsky. Bill should has stepped down and slinked away into obscurity but there he is beating the campaign trail for another eight years of a dynasty. It looks like Jed is doing the same thing with his brother. Go away and stay away is how I feel about these people.

I don't trust her and I put nothing past her ambition. But is her ambition what is good for this country? We shall see.

I hear you, RH.

I don't like superdelegates because it is undemocratic and a failsafe for the party apparachiks to ultimately decide the nominee over the will of the people.
              We just as well revert to the old smoke filled rooms of the past.

I don't hold any angst about her concerning her marriage and family matters, maybe Bill roamed because he wasn't 'getting enough'? I can only speculate. I can live with bedrooms scandals much more than the ones like Iran-contra and the like that cuts into abuse of authority and discretion and deceives the public as to critical matters of national defense.

Like I said before, I believe that Sanders is the new face of the party and his tsunamic rise attests to that. I think that it will prove a dynamo that can't be stopped, save some sort of fatal revelation from the Sanders camp.
              It reminded me of the contest between Mondale, the party apparatchik, and Gary Hart back in 1984. But, Bernie burns so much hotter!

With Hillary, I have the status quo, as bad as it is. But, there will be no major assualts on reproductive rights for women, back turning the clock on civil rights for minorities or homosexuals. As a democrat, she would at least avoid the appearance of a blantant appeal to money changers that are dragging us all down. I still think that we can do better, but we can also do worse.

Trump and Cruz will shake up the status quo, but take us backwards. This conveyance in neither in 'drive' and not even 'neutral', but in 'reverse' and that will never do.

Destroy Roe vs Wade, allow the money changers unlimited access to the Treasury, ramp up the military aggression abroad as a smoke screen for the economic travesty they promote stateside. More of the discredited 'trickle down'. It is clear from their stated policies whose side that they are on.  No, I don't want these guys under any circumstance. They are determined to make the 'system' less fair from both and economic and political standpoint. Rather than leave the wound merely untreated, they pour salt into it. While they claim that they are outsiders, they are clearly working for the 1 percent and their interests to the detriment of the rest of us.

1. profile image57

Hopeless

Yes, if we end up with either Trump or Cruz, it would be just that, 'hopeless'.

1. Live to Learn profile image60

I feel the same way about Hillary.

I just wanted to say. You keep harping about Cruz and Trump. Bad choices, to be sure. But, Hillary is not the lesser of three evils. She is just as bad as the other choices.

2. rhamson profile image71

You are terming a popular Arab saying, "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" which is a detent of the issues. Hillary has run as a candidate of the old guard. She is in essence saying you know me and what I stand for so I am the best choice. Bernie is the total opposite by saying you know the past and the present so lets move forward. We cannot afford the old guard in charge anymore. They have robbed us and our children of their future. The money that pours into hers and others campaigns to leave the status quo in power is killing us. More war and taxes to make up for the pork that their contributors want is a disaster if left unchecked. If not Bernie I want Trump to get in there and tear it up. At least he has proven he doesn't care about the two faced rhetoric of these career politicians and will call them all out if needed. Hillary will just make another bad deal for America to save herself.

Thanks for your reply, RH, see my response to L & L.

2. Credence2 profile image79

Shaking the system up is most desirable, but having the charge to do to that left in the hands of those that promote bigotry, double down on economic disparity and inequity, saber rattling abroad and the general continued destruction of the middle class in favor of the one percent, is anything but progress. It is regress. So, my point is that ideology matters. That, in my opinion, is worse than the status quo.

Live to Learnposted 8 years ago

One thing you should remember is that the Democratic Party put those super delegates in place for just such a contingency. In order to pick the nominee the party believed could win and stood in line with their agenda. They were preparing for a scenario just like this one. Which makes me wonder if the Democratic Party even cares about the will of the people or they simply care about their agenda.

Not very democratic, if you ask me.

I believe you are correct. Princeton did a study on how Congress reacts to what the people want. Approximately 90% of Americans have no impact on how lawmakers govern.

https://represent.us/action/theproblem-4/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)