George Washington's Three Perils Vision

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Doug Cutler profile image66
    Doug Cutlerposted 8 years ago

During one of the darkest times in the Revolutionary War: Washington had a vision of three perilous times for the U.S.A.

The first was his time of 1777 to 1783. The 2nd was the Civil War: 1961 to 1865.  The third peril is yet to come.

On July 4th 1859. A writer, Wesley Bradshaw, was told by a 99 year old veteran, Anthony Sherman, a vision that Washington had related to him in 1777. Bradshaw submitted the vision to the NATIONAL TRIBUNE that year. One of the three is a prophet. I say Washington!
    http://ad2004.com/prophecytruths/Articl … ngton.html

If, as some say, this was a hoax; how did it so accurately describe the out come of the Civil war?

How close will it foretell the next and last peril? There are numerous prognostications that show a similar fate. I believe Washington's is the most specific.

We need to keep the Constitution strong. Particularly the 2nd.

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Your link doesn't work.

Doug Cutlerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Appears to be fixed. I should have tested it before submitting.

Yes, it's working now.

But I don't see anything about the end of the civil war, only that it ended.  What is this accurate description of the end of that war?  Or any war, for that matter?

It was the fact that the country stayed united and the people mostly got along after.
            The two sides quit fighting generally by May 1865. Some small bands lasted to Nov. President Andrew Johnson formally declared the end of the war on August 20, 1866.

Some people are always at war.

I dunno, Doug - that the country still existed isn't what I'd call a surprisingly accurate description of the results of the civil war.  He had, after all, a 50-50 chance and likely had a predilection to that answer anyway!

2. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Interesting line of inquiry, but when it comes to stuff like this Notradamus was much more convincing as seer into the future events.

Nostradamus' stuff is hard to follow and most of it becomes apparent only after the fact.

An example is one of his quatrains mentions the ships of the Trident melting in the Persian Gulf. Those that I call, Nostradamus nuts, have interpreted this as the U.S. because of the Trident submarine or England, Trident nuclear program. A new development, I noticed, is the new Ukrainian flag that has the Trident symbol. Which is it?

The Washington vision was posted 1 year before the first state succeeded and a year and half before Fort Sumter. The third peril goes along with many other forecasts of future scenarios. And the the info is very specific. Even the Bible has many different interpretations of who the players are.

1. Credence2 profile image78
          Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

As for Nostradamus being hard to follow, not at all Doug. Let me tell you a story.

During the late 1980's I was obsessed with this guy and his predictions, but I was concerned that as with many seers, we have more 'Monday Morning Quarterbacks" that fit the predictions into to current events or things that occur in the recent past.

Well, I went to the Denver Public Library in 1988 to do some research on the man and his quatrains. To avoid the MMQB phenomenon, I looked for the oldest publications on the predictions and quatrains. I found 2 books published in 1911 and 1913.

I found the name  "HIster" and the description of the Nazi regime as crosses of Iron, topsy tervy, in the quatrains.

In 1911, Hitler was a nobody in art school in Vienna. No Monday Morning Quarterback as the game had not started.

No man can be so prescient as to have so much specific information 4 centuries into his future. 

This indicates that there are powers and forces that are unknown and poorly understood.

3. Alastar Packer profile image72
      Alastar Packerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

...fearful is the third, passing which the whole wide world united shall not prevail...] How long, since the industrial revolution, have we very nearly managed to use up almost 4 billion years of stored energy on earth? Two hundred years, maybe. If we do not find clean energy, and very soon, say, from the ZPF or hydrogen fusion, then it's not difficult to interpret that last vision and its terrifying warning.

4. profile image0
      Hxprofposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Doug, I've heard of this prophecy before, and my jury remains out on the subject.  However, since  scripture provides a great deal of prophecy regards the US and the rest of the world for that matter, most specifically Israel, that I'm content with what's available there.

2. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

Yeah, the link is working, wilderness.  Looks interesting, Doug. I'll read it when I get a chance.  Deep topic!

3. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 8 years ago

I have difficulties with these types of things. I find it interesting that it wasn’t published until just before the start of the Civil War; if there is any way to verify that. I notice the reprint is the first time that a vol. and no. is provided; which was after the war. Which involves no prophecy.

I can easily understand why such a thing would be published prior to the conflict, or after. Use a revered figure, throw in an angel and the word Union to make certain many believe God’s will is that the North should either win the war or should have won the war.

What I don’t understand is why anyone in our day and age would believe the source of this article was Washington himself.

It is a known fact that Washington prayed a lot before a battle or for other dire needs.

A revered figure? Why not an Archangel or Jesus. He didn't say Mother Mary either!
      Was it common for visionaries to see, just a woman, at that time?

It was published then because that is when Bradshaw got the vision from Sherman.

We are just going to have to wait for the third peril and see how close that is to the the vision!

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I can have a vision tomorrow about yesterday too. In a hundred years I guess someone could label me a prophet. It wouldn't make it so.

You don't believe it was posted a year and a half before Fort Sumter April 1861? Or a year before N Carolina, the first state to succeed, Dec 1860?  How can you say it first posted after the fact when documentation says it post in 1859 in the National Tribune!

1. Live to Learn profile image60
            Live to Learnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That is my bad. I misread it and thought it said 1869. I do still see it as very convenient and probably not true.

2. Alastar Packer profile image72

Howdy, Doug. You seem like a fine chap. Just to set the historical record straight, SC was the first state to secede and NC was one of the last. NC really had a tough decision concerning secession, but when Lincoln called for 75,000 volunteers to put down the rebellion, included many thousands from NC, well, that kind of sealed the deal for the state legislators to join the new Southern nation.

4. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

Doug, I have read countless visions and heard as many with my ears. A "shadowy angel" does not line up with the Scriptures which instructs us to test or try the spirits to see if something is of God or something other.  Because of that, I dare say it doesn't line up and I personally would consider it a false prophecy.  Scripture says that every fact must be established by two or three witnesses, and to begin with there is no witness of a "shadowy angel" in Scriptures.  According to Scriptures, angels are not shadowy.

The woman that visited Washington was apparently real. The angel was in the vision, not the visitor. I remember watching some old movies on a screen where you could see every defect in the screen because the image was so weak. It was like a fog.

1. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I would love to see those old movies.  Do you remember the name of one?  This is off topic but the oldest film I saw was the silent picture "Beauty and the Beast" in black and white. It was pixelated, but it made a lasting impression.

Old "D" rated horror movies like: Them, It, The monster from the black lagoon, Frankenstein.
          My dad loaded us up in the old sedan and went to the 4 movie night at the drive-ins 1950's.
          Also in school the teacher would pull down the roll up movie screen attached above the blackboard.  And during the 60's Army training films.

1. colorfulone profile image78
            colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think young people are missing out if they haven't seen some of those old classic movies.  I remember going 30 miles into town to the drive-in theater.  The sleepy little girl woke up the next morning in her own bed not knowing how she got there. 

I watched some short clips of old black and white movies yesterday. Prime has some oldies that I can watch with my membership when I am in the mood. Will have to get some popcorn!

1. Alastar Packer profile image72

Hi, colorfulone. I used to be associated with two gentleman who owned several drive-in movies right before their demise. Can you believe peeps would still try hiding children in the car trunk despite a big sign at the ticket booth that said $2 A CAR LOAD! LOL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)