What product has the most unforgettable/unusual slogan or jingle?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (30 posts)
  1. puppascott profile image67
    puppascottposted 14 years ago

I tried this as a question and only got one response, so now I am going to try this as a forum question. It can be any product or service from past or present. Just to jump start things, here is the response I got from the original question posted yesterday.

SheWrites808 says
    "J-E-L-L-O"
    "Oh I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner, that is what I'd truly like to be..."
    "I'm a Pepper, She's a Pepper, He's a Pepper, We're a Pepper, wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too? Be a Pepper, drink Dr. Pepper oh yeah..." and last, but certainly not least:
    "Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun!" (McDonalds)

2. rsmallory profile image67
    rsmalloryposted 14 years ago

There have been so many, some of the most memorable for me:

Wendy's- Where's the beef?

Quizno's Subs- the rats singing the jingle song- I don't remember the song but I remember thinking what ad agency thought it would be cool to use rats as spokesmen for a sandwhich shop?

I've fallen and I can't get up!

Lots of others-to many to name.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Co......STANZA!

4. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I'm lovin' it - McDonald's

Good Night & Big Balls (Wipeout, so funny)

Whatever!!

Loser!!!

BTW and WTF...two of my favorite slogans (via text)

5. puppascott profile image67

A good start.

I Love the little old ladies from the "Where's the beef?" commercials.

Does anyone remember the billboards for Tareyton Cigarettes that showed a person with a black eye and the slogan "I'd rather fight than switch"?

"Coke - It's the real thing."

"There always after me Lucky Charms."

1. rsmallory profile image67
      rsmalloryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

s/b 'they're' always after me lucky charms

This reminded me of some other cereal commercials:

Trix aren't for you, silly rabbit!

mikey likes it!

6. dohn121 profile image80
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

"I gotta make the donuts..."

7. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Classic Marketing Slogans:

"You deserve a break today..."
    "How do spell relief?"
    "It's the real thing?"
    "Your in good hands..."

How about unusual radio commercial slogans from your local radio station sponsors...to me they all get real old-real quick...

8. Lady_E profile image60
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

"I see u baby, shaking that a*s,  shaking that a*s."

In the ad, all you can see is people shaking their booties.

Its an Ad in the UK for a Car.  I'm embarassed to say that I don't remember the name of the Car. It has an unusual Backside).

1. wrenfrost56 profile image56
      wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey lady E, I agree v cool ad. Also the levis ads are quite memorable. The bud wiser 'whaaats up!' ad was very funny. If you like a lot of chocolate on ya biscuit join are club and for mash get smash I also remember.

9. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

"It's what's up front that counts!"...Winston cigarettes.

Along about 1966, I was taking a Zoology college class and cramming for a test.  Zoology is NOT my strong suit.  My (now ex) wife told me the next morning (after cramming until the wee hours but before heading to the campus to take the test) that in the middle of the night I'd reared up on one elbow (which woke her instantly), looked her straight in the eye, and announced in a ringing voice,

"IT'S THE LITTLE WORM UP FRONT THAT COUNTS!!!"

I got a "B" on the test.

puppascottposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm. Funny and profound all at the same time.

Does anybody remember the line following "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz?"

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Oh what a relief it is!"

And your jingle?

"meow, meow, meow, meow/meow, meow, meow, meow"

Translated from kittyspeak:

"we want tuna, we want liver, come on Meow Mix please deliver..." (it was Meow Mix, wasn't it???)

or

"I wish I were an Oscar Mayer weiner, that is what I truly want to beeeee. Cuz if I were an Oscar Mayer weiner, everyone would be in love with meeee."

or

"A little dab'll do ya."

10. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 14 years ago

I've never forgotten this one:

Aye, yii, yii, yiiii, I am dee Frito Bandito...

Or this one:

Puddin', puddin', shake a puddin...

And:

I can't believe I ate the WHOLE thing...

Geez, it's scary how many of these are coming back to me, lol! big_smile

"Puddin, puddin, shake a puddin...?????"

I assume that's those Jello puddin snack thingees, but how did I miss that one?

1. TamCor profile image81
        TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't remember if it was Jello or not, but probably.  It came in some sort of cup with a lid that you added milk, too, and then you shook it up until it thickened into an instant pudding--I loved it! smile

2. Biker Jackets profile image56
      Biker Jacketsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I still remember the Frito bandito.

"Aye, yii, yii, yiiii, I am dee Frito Bandito!
      Give me Fruto corn chips, and I'll be your friend,
      (pulls out guns, points them towards camera)
      The Frito Bandito you must not offend!"

11. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

pop pop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is....alka seltzer

12. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

puppascott,

"Does anyone remember the billboards for Tareyton Cigarettes that showed a person with a black eye and the slogan "I'd rather fight than switch"? "

For some reason those old cigarette ads really stuck.  Maybe because they were on for so long.

"I'd walk a mile for a Camel"
    "Winston tastes good like a cigarettes should."
    "Taste the delicious difference in new Montclaire."
    "LSMFT - Lucky Strike means fine tobacco."

and who could forget...

"You've come a long way, Baby" (Virginia Slims)

I used to listen to a station on Sirius Radio that would replay the classic radio programs, commercials and all. Lucky Strike sponsored a lot of shows.

Here's one that will stick in your head all day.

"It's Slinky, it's Slinky, for fun it's a wonderful toy. It's Slinky, it's Slinky, it's fun for a girl and a boy."

13. Chloe Comfort profile image61
    Chloe Comfortposted 14 years ago

Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce,special orders don't upset us - Burger King (before that creepy lookin "King" came around)

Meow, meow, meow, meow - Meow, meow, meow, meow - Meow Mix cat food

And of course, as already mentioned above, the Oscar Meyer Weiner jingle - Classic

Geez - am I dating myself?

14. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 14 years ago

You'll wonder where the yellow went, when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent...

They're grreat!...Tony the Tiger

Put a tiger in your tank...Exxon

Fun topic!

15. puppascott profile image67

Thanks for adding some more good ones.

"Please don't squeeze the Charmin."

"You know you're soaking in it."

"Calgon, take me away."

16. Catlyn profile image68
    Catlynposted 14 years ago

I love the "Nannerpuss" commercial for Denny's

Also Doublemint gum commercials with the twins

17. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

"Look, Madge, I soaked in it!"

The whole "Smilin' Bob" Enzyte commercials. Bob with his "sack full of pride," cracks me right up.

"Leggo my Eggo"

"What's in your wallet?"

"Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids!"

One commercial that was on when I was a kid was for the Nestle Alpine White candy bar, which I'm pretty sure isn't made anymore. It featured a handsome dude and beautiful gal riding a white horse in some winter wonderland. Angelic female voices sang softly: "creamy white, dreamy white, Alpine White's the very best, N-E-S-T-L-E-S."  Very dramatic for a chocolate bar but I wanted to live inside that commercial at the time! *sigh* big_smile

18. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

That McDonalds " Da da da da daaaaa I'm loving it!" jingle gets stuck in my head and I have to brainwash myself to get it out!
    I swear if there really is some kind of Illuminati mind control conspiracy, that's part of it!

19. jcales profile image53
    jcalesposted 14 years ago

five......doom doom doom doom doom doom

five-dollar.....doom doom doom doom doom doom

five-dollar foot long

Subway...Eat Fresh!!

Furniture store: "You'll Love it At Levitz".

For Commercial: I'll stand on my head for deal. Go see Cal.

I forgot the rest.

20. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

" If you think it's butter, but its not, its chiffon."

" Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun."

" The Look the feel of cotton"

" Got Milk?"           

" Let Mikey try it!"  My goodness there are many big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)