How do you contact hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (54 posts)
  1. ArtzGirl profile image73
    ArtzGirlposted 12 years ago

One of my articles is waiting to have an editor approve it.  I re-worked it according to their recommendations, but I have not yet had anyone approve this and republish it.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

Did you resubmit it? It can take a few days to approve, longer over weekends.

ArtzGirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I replied as they suggested... but didn't hear anything back from them.

2. profile image51
        Buckeye98posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Artzgirl is an attacker in voice to skull tech.  That's how she know so much.  My attackers used term bat shit crazy.  As did she in an article on Chem trails

2. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here is the link to contact them, ArtzGirl:

http://hubpages.com/email/help/

Thanks Dale, I appreciate this!

1. Dale Hyde profile image80

You are welcome, ArtzGirl. I like that link because it is a "direct" link to message them without answering questions and narrowing things down. smile

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

You just fix whatever and re submit the hub.

If you wish to contact HP directly, then use team@hubpages.com

Thanks Wesman!

2. profile image56
      KathleenC53posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Im trying to reach a Hubber I found on google, I did email him, but he told me it is easier for him if I blogged him, but I have no idea how to do that. Can u help me?
      KC

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljyjzk7KYP1qz9p6ao1_500.jpg

Ok, your pigeon pic just made me your new fan!  I'm following you now!

Thanks!

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Reciprocated. big_smile

I do love the photo! smile

3. Rachel Richmond profile image60
      Rachel Richmondposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ha! I love the photo! The old fashion meets the new technology. smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We need to get you one more follower. big_smile

4. PatrickWGermond profile image59
    PatrickWGermondposted 11 years ago

I don't think my Google ads is working. All my accounts say they're inactive. I have a lot of really good work to publish. I just want to get this straightened out first. I've had some stories and columns run nationally like in the WSJ. I have several stories and videos to post. Please get back with me soon.
    Patrick Wayne Germond <number removed>

WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You have ONE hub. Adsense wants proof you actually write suitable content for their adverts before they approve you. Write ten decent hubs (put one in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum if you want) then apply.

Currently all adverts showing are those belonging to Hubpages.

Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you are having technical issues I would advise that you contact HubPages Staff directly at team@hubpages.com.  They are good to respond to emails.  Good luck.

5. PatrickWGermond profile image59

Thank you I will. Have a good day.

You are most welcome.

6. PatrickWGermond profile image59

Well that didn't work at all. The email that is listed on the team web site doesn't work. So I still have had no productive contact. (team-at-hubpages.com doesn't work)
    So, I'm thinking we are at a stand still until I get an actual person contacting me. I can do at least 30 columns and videos by Christmas. I'm looking for a place to publish from. I'm used to getting paid. I have been saving my best stuff for my own site. I know I can get a half a million hits before the year is up. The current column has ran nation wide in other place like Tea Party Patriots, and the Grand Junction Sentinel, it will get lots of views with the new tags. But Hub pages was my last post. I was using it to set up my account. I hope this works out. But I'm moving forward and if need be I'll do my own web site and use the Google add site (that I saved to my desk top) and go it alone.   My number is <number removed>.          Thank you and have a good day

Sorry to hear that the email did not work for you. I emailed them yesterday and just got a response about an hour ago from the same email address in regards to what I was asking about. That would be the team@hubpages.com.

2. WryLilt profile image89

Sorry but big noting yourself won't really do much here. If you prefer to make your own website and have the skills, go ahead.

Do you actually have an Adsense account? If not, it's THEM you need to impress, Hubpages has nothing to do with it.

And it's probably not a wise idea to give out your phone number online.

7. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 11 years ago
  8. PatrickWGermond profile image59

So I tried that link. No joy, negative Ghost Rider, none. The questions didn't apply and it lead me no where. Are you Hub Pages support people messing with me? This is turning into a running gag. This is telling me a lot. I'm very excited to work with hubpages, but this is starting to bore me.

We're just members.

You've been given the direct contact email address if you want to contact them.

There are thousands of members, and hundreds of new signups every day.

Older members are happy to help new members, but only if they don't have a know it all attitude. As I mentioned above, if you think you're so great and have the skills, go start your own website.

1. PatrickWGermond profile image59
        PatrickWGermondposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry if I came off that way. Trying to get in touch with a company for several hours usually does get me in a bad mood. This is just comical though. I appreciate your help. And, if I can't get in touch with them, I will start my own web site. I will have no choice. No attitude here. Just passing the time.    So Thank You, I do appreciate the help

I see nothing comical about it. You have members reaching out to offer you help, spending their time trying to assist you out of the goodness of their heart.

This is a website, and you have been given the proper contact information that we all use here.  There is nothing more to offer.

Posting in the forum, expecting a staff member to monitor this particular thread out of the 1,000's of thread here, perhaps seeing your phone number and responding is about as real as winning the lottery. There are just to many posts and too many members.

The email WILL work, however, it may take 24 hours or so, business days.  If you are that impatient and expect from your post, a call from a staff member, lol, I don't know what to tell you.

Okay, that's good information. Thank you.
            Maybe while I'm waiting for a reply you can answer a few questions.
            What is the pay like here? Say 400 views, how does that pay? Or do the readers have to click on the adds?
            And Dale, the fact that your so willing to defend this site speaks well of Hubpages. That tells me a lot too. I have defended my share of papers in the past and I take it seriously when I defend someone, and I'll take it seriously when you do the same. Thank you

The payout will vary. Discussing individual earnings is not openly discussed for various reasons.

I will say this, I have been here eight months and my monthly payouts do take care of a bill or two from here.

I defend this publishing platform because overall they have the author's interests at heart.  If we produce well, they profit as well as we do. They provide the site, the server, a ton of information, good response from the staff and we supply the material.

i was just checking the load speed of my various pages here with a tool from Google, and all my pages were loading on a scale of 1 - 10 at 9.  There was no suggestions for improvements.  That says quite a a lot in itself for the site overall.  Viewers expect quick load times.  As an owner of various domains and several websites, I have worked with tweaking these sites to load fast and it is quite the chore for me.

You payout is from views(impressions) and clicks.

Maybe my accounts stay inactive until I get a few hundred views? That was my starting question. What happened to my accounts I set up?
                   Your answer is good enough on pay. I'm wanting to get some where I don't have to sell my work out right and then it's not mine anymore. And, where I will  get paid on quality and popularity. Not a flat rate or the pending dead line that comes with that. I have a bunch of web sites my wife wants me to link my hub pages to, but I just have to get this all squared away first. You've done a lot to ease my mind tonight.
                   If our work keeps getting hits, say years from now, do we keep getting paid?

1. wordscribe43 profile image91
                  wordscribe43posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes... if your work keeps getting hits.  That's what WryLilt was referring to when she mentioned "evergreen" material.

2. Jean Bakula profile image91
                  Jean Bakulaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I am making money on hubs I wrote 5 years ago. And if you decide one day you want your work back, HP allows you to just delete it and take it away. That is very important, many sites "own" your work just because you publish it there. Just calm down and give it a chance. It's a big learning curve.

Plus HP is beginning to roll out individual sites about popular topics, they may be busy right now. Just wait a week or so before you publish a piece from one site onto another site, because many sites have duplicate content rules. For instance, I once thought I took a piece off my personal blog and put it on here, but it was still up on my blog. I got a warning notice on my account page and one of the moderators contacted me. It was all good, nobody is nasty.

If you need an answer from a real person, team@hubpages.com usually gets back to you within the hour. And after some of the things I asked when I was new, they have infinite patience. Good luck here and welcome.

2. WryLilt profile image89

Hubpages gives you 60% of impressions on all views (once you have your affiliates set up.)

The pay varies, depending on the source of the views. Hubpages internal views are unlikely to get you much money. Search engine views give you the most in terms of payment.

You can earn through these methods:
              --Amazon (commission on any items sold when a person clicks through.)
              --eBay (Part of HP ad program, pay per click)
              --Adsense (Pay per click)
              --HP ad program (Pay per view)

However unless you learn about keywords (what people type into Google that will lead them to your content) and writing evergreen content (content that is as relevant in a year as it is now), you're unlikely to get a lot of views. It can take time and learning to get search engine views.

However there are members who earn hundreds a month in passive income here, and others who even get into the thousands. But it took them time, work and learning.

Wry, that's the answer I was looking for. I just need to get it squared away, and I'll pound out the evergreen, and the political present. My Fast and Furious story, my first one. Ran nation wide and in three countries, I got paid twenty bucks for that. That was a contract I was glade to be out of! lol, now I have a few fans and I get the upper political people to at least read my work. I just want to get going, get publishing a huge back log, and get paid.

This hub I just put up is way out of date but it is getting read in a lot of places. I think I could have put a lot better tag to start of with. I can't wait to put some low hanging fruit out their. I was on Google looking at some prepper stuff, and one guy on his hub page had 50,000 views. I about fell over. I'm also a wilderness survival instructor. I already wrote some stories on the subject. I hope I can put videos with my columns. I have things on that subject no ones ever seen.

My best hub has over 1,000,000 views. You can reach that, you just need to learn how Google works.

9. PatrickWGermond profile image59

Wry, I was thinking the same thing when it comes to being overly promotional. My next story and video will be on building a bow drill fire. I will show how to do it with good tools and techniques. I wont try and do product reviews with it. I'll just show what I'm using, why, and where to get them. It's close but not the same. It will be more along the lines of good advise for acquiring skills than a sales video made to sale items. I'm just going to do stories about these skills, and in closing show the items I use in my real life adventures that I trust myself.
       I will never ever do a story based on sales, I was a sales man in my life before and I really didn't like it. I was good at it, but I hated it. Honest work and products that sale them selves is where I will focus.

Sounds like what Randy Goodwin used to do. He'd write "How To" hubs and then have the products he used listed in Amazon capsules. From what he said it worked well for him.

You can use as many eBay and Amazon capsules as you want (well up to one per 50 words), it's just promoting your own or someone else's websites or products etc which is most likely to get you in the sin bin with overly promotional.

That's good to know. I've been writing for a few hours now. This is going to be about 5000 words and at least three video package that I'm working right now. I make it a habit to not waist my readers time so if they want to learn how to do a bow drill fire, I'll give them more than they expected to get and an instructional course that will bring them success. It may take a week or two to put it together though, but in the end I want to exceed their expectations.   
            I want to thank you for all your help. It means a lot to me. If I get the chance I'll do the same for other people in return. Take care and I'll visit you tomorrow.

People on the internet have a low attention span. The best hub size seems to be about 900-1500 words. smile May be more suitable for a broken down series or an eBook?

Okay, I was thinking that too.

10. PatrickWGermond profile image59

Does anyone know how to add a video? I have it all added in the editing stage then when I click done editing, poof, no video? dang dang dang

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank You!!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)