Would you vote for Donald Drumph ?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (61 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 8 years ago

Why Donald Trump trumps Donald Drumpf
    Trump’s German wine-growing ancestors were named Drumpf, according to journalist Gwenda Blair’s book “The Trumps: Three Generations That Built An Empire.” The family changed the name at some point during the Thirty Years’ War. America was first introduced to the Trump brand, however, by Donald’s father, Fred C. Trump, who named his real estate company and supermarket chains “Trump” and drove a navy blue Cadillac with “FCT” license plates.
    We’ve become so accustomed to the Trump brand that it’s hard to imagine The Donald by any other name. Yet, had he been born Donald Drumpf, his path might have been quite different. Trump, according to Laurel Sutton at the Catchword naming agency, is an “unusual name, . . . a single-word name, which sounds very grounded, very firm. It’s not a multisyllabic Romance-type name,” which makes it more “masculine-sounding.”
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2015/ … story.html
    certainly a name makes a difference...right? roll

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I guess when nothing else is available the only recourse is to ridicule the opponents name.  Or hair - that seems popular, too.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Normally I would agree with you, but sn't that what Trump would do?  Why is Stacie L  held to a higher standard than a man who wants to lead our country?

1. IslandBites profile image90
          IslandBitesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

In fact, he did... Before anyone mentioned anything about his name.

1. profile image0

But it's okay.  He's tough. And not PC. And tells it like it is.  Apparently, these qualities are admired in Trump but not in those who use his own tactics against him.

2. wilderness profile image95

Don't know - has he ridiculed opponents name?  If so, I haven't heard of it...

1. Alternative Prime profile image57
            Alternative Primeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No wilderness, Mr. Jackass Drumpf just Ridicules a person's FACE, or Bodily Function, or RACE, or Ethnicity, or APPEARANCE or Religion or any other number of attributes ~

But WHY on EARTH would anyone wanna' CHANGE such a Lovely, Affable sounding name like "Drumpf"  anyway?? Sounds like Vicente FOX caught Donald trying to cross the border then hit em' in his "Hair PLUGz" with a BIG Dirty Garbage Pail and it went something like DRUUUUmpf !!! ~ smile smile

Links, videos, etc., please?  Because I flat don't believe Trump ridiculed a religion, appearance, race or most of the rest either. 

You, on the other hand, have used ridicule of his hair or anything other irrelevant thing you could think of with a vengeance.  Which is part of why I don't believe you.

STAY in that little BUBBLE called "Republican PRETEND-Land" wilderness, where FACTs are non-existent ~ I'll waste my time posting those links about the same time I post "PROOF of the Sun Setting" ~ smile

2. profile image0

Lol, l don't know if he's ever ridiculed anyone's name, but ridicule is his standard schtick, so to take someone to task for making fun of his name seems a little weird. Rubio's stand up comedy  routine implying Trump peed his pants must've really offended your sensibilities.

Apparently it's a pretty good "SCHTICK" cuz he's got RACISTs making Robo-Calls for him ~ sad

I guess some people are not keeping TABz on the "Donald" because just about everything he does or says is either "Weird", Bizzare, Racist, Bigoted, Dumb, Offensive, Unrealistic, Egotistical, Maniacal, Antagonistic, or just plain LIES ~

Maybe that's WHY some of the ONLY Endorsements so far are from Jeff Sessions of Alabama and Chris Christy of New Jersey, who with a 27% Favorability Rating, the lowest in New Jersey HISTORY, is in VERY Deep with movements for a "Re-Call from Office" for his association with Trump and Negligecting his Job Duties according to news sources ~

Perhaps everyone missed this or maybe FORGOT about it when "Jackkass" Trump said this to Carly and it was one of the most Offensive & Disgusting attacks I've ever heard of ~ WHY do you think Republicans are going insane trying to BLOCK his nomination? Because he's absolutely Un-Fit to serve as CEO of this Nation or any other Public Office & even Republicans are not so fond of presidents wearing BIG Pointy White Hats & Hoods in our White House ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE1wRL-BRo0

2. Alternative Prime profile image57

That's right PrettyPanther and I would assume "Donald Drumpf" Fans don't think this is "Weird, Strange & Asenine" Behavior ~ UNREAL & Embarrassing for this entire country to watch a Presidential Candidate act like a complete idiot for the world to see ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIotH8dKMwg

1. profile image0

On the contrary, their lizard brains eat it up!  He's "tough" and "tells it like it is" and "not politically correct."  roll

Con-Man Trump tries to use the phrase "Politically Correct" to justify acting like a COMPLETE Jackass in Public while Peddling Blatant Lies, Hate, Fear, Racism & Bigotry and of course ill-concieved shallow ideas which will NEVER work in the REAL World and he knows it ~

He's got a "LOCK" on a very small Minority of Voters in America who are either very dumb, ignorant, or think likewise, or any combination thereof, but that's about it ~ The MOVEMENT to "Intervene & Rescue" the World from this Unfit, Mentally Un-stable Moron who constantly takes advantage of Americans by trying to "Fleece them of their Life Savings" has just begun ~ Let's see what happens ~

P.S. ~ He would NEVER bring Jobs back from CHINA because first of all, he doesn't know how to, and secondly, he and his so called "Business-Partners" have a VESTED Interest in KEEPING jobs there and even Ex-Patriating MORE of our jobs to Foreign Communist Countries if possible ~ When you uncover the FACTs it's just NOT Good nor Pretty nor will it ever Benefit AMERICA ~

1. profile image0

Yeah, I'm pretty much with you.  Except, much to my general disbelief and specific disgust, some otherwise intelligent people are considering voting for the Trump the Entertainer as a protest against the establishment.  I get it, but I think they are making a terrible, terrible mistake.  In the last debate, which was uncharacteristically civil, Trump was exposed as having no depth of understanding of pretty much everything.  He couldn't rely on his trademark bullying and name calling, because the questions didn't warrant it.  As a result, it was clear he doesn't know what the he!! he's talking about.  His foreign policy position comes down to "I will make better deals."  Pretty pathetic.

2. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Pst, wilderness...Syrian girl tweeted "Remember, Trump is the only strong Candidate who isn't calling for World War 3"

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12905821.jpg

She's out there fighting.  Pretty young Syrian ladies.   smile
        She is famous now!

3. Popit profile image60
        Popitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wilderness, people ridicule hair and names because making fun of someone defuses palpable fear; hence the many personal remarks made about Hitler as he rose to power, which were then used as propaganda during WW2.

I would also like to point out that the word 'trump' in the UK is a polite word for fart.  Make of that what you will big_smile

1. rhamson profile image71
          rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"I would also like to point out that the word 'trump' in the UK is a polite word for fart.  Make of that what you will."

I thought Trump was full of the other more solid expenditure from that region. smile

2. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Not a chance, it is all over the press that Trump refused to repudiate support from David Duke, saying that he was not familiar with the man. That is a lie. He says that he has nothing to do with it, but there is a reason why flies are attracted to honey or that other 'stuff'.

"but there is a reason why flies are attracted to honey or that other 'stuff'"

Same reason people are attracted to what they need, too.  Like food or honest politicians.

But I've noted lots of this in the past few days in these forums; no real dirt can be found (yet) on Trump, so the haters resort to mud slinging that would put a politician to shame.  He's rude!  He's not PC!  He speaks his mind whether you like it or not!  He doesn't know every individual that supports him!  He doesn't remember a man he met one time for 10 seconds and doesn't know everything about everyone he speaks to!  He has bad hair!  And now his ancestors used to carry a different name, and one with a funny sound! 

Like PrettyPanther said; He tells it like it is, and the lizard brains (man in the street) love him for it!  Yeah, they do - it's a real shock from a politician, and people like it.

*Sigh*  Must be an election year - maybe I'll start selling truckloads of mud and make a fortune.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
          Live to Learnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I suppose it boils down to what you consider to be dirt. I would think his comments against women and minorities would count as dirt. But, those who probably wish they could say what he is saying wouldn't see that.  I would think mocking the disabled would be dirt. But, those who probably mock the disabled wouldn't see it that way. I would think starting a fake university and being sued by one state and others would be some type of dirt. But, those who crave money at whatever cost might not see it that way. Running nothing but a negative campaign could be seen as dirt, or mud. But, those who support Trump only allow for him to do such.

So, again. Dirt may be defined differently by Trump supporters and average people who are scratching their heads.

1. Credence2 profile image78

Thanks, for this I was scratching my head over night as how far the supposed vituous has fallen.

"I could have made Mitt Romney bend to his knees for the nomination in 2012"

He has no loyalties, treating everyone and everything with a sense of expediency, this is not acceptable from the man who would be  King. He is but that coarse brut and thug that he attracts to his rallies. As if being the richest man in Chicago was going to make Al Capone a gentleman?

"One of my department stores is worth more money than Mitt Romney'

Trump will not be the first wealthy person to have held the office of President, but he does bring it to a new low.  The Kennedy's, Roosevelts and even Ronald Reagan placed the emphasis on public service, not the thickness of their wallets.

Yes. Some semblance of common decency and a sense of civility would go a long way toward smoothing the rough Trump edges.

It's funny. If that guy decided to post on the political forums of Hub Pages, anonymously, he'd probably be banned within the first day. And, few would put up with such arrogant, air headed gibber jabber.

1. profile image0

You are SO right.  He would be considered disrespectful and be shown a copy and paste of the Hubpages Forum Rules.  LOL

2. mrpopo profile image73
        mrpopoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Could you provide a source establishing that Trump knew who this man was?

1. profile image0

Factcheck.org

1. mrpopo profile image73

Thanks. So Trump knew who this man was 16 years ago, and condemned him back then. This is hardly the stuff of controversy.

cmon, is Trump taking us all for fools? It is pretty hard with all of those 'good people' that he is to surround himself with, to not know David Duke and the significance of this man on the political scene.

1. colorfulone profile image78

Trump basically rejected the Klan back in 2001 when he said he was leaving the Reform Party because David Duke was in it. -- Now, the media keeps asking Trump if he will disavow the KKK, and he has several times publicly. But they act like he hasn't and ask him the same question over and over again, and cut his audio off...and splicing video footage!   ---  That's the unethical liberal MSM...its called mind control.   (and, Obama made propaganda legal for the press to do by signing it into law).  sad

Paint Trump guilty, while they ignore Hillary and Bill Clinton's guilt.   
            http://hubpages.com/politics/forum/1354 … ologists--

Yeah, that is dumb stuff that brainwashed people believe!  That's what the MSM wants us to believe, so I think they are doing a great job.

This is the whole corrupt establishment coming against Trump.

If those who have been "CONNED" by Trump would simply step OUT of that little "BUBBLE of DENIAL" within "Republican PRETEND-Land" just long enough to get a crisp clean breath of FRESH Un-Tarnished AIR, they would certainly realize WHY the Vast Majority of not only AMERICANs, but Global Citizens are lined Up against this Bigoted Swindler ~

There is a very good chance Chris Christie will be FIRED from his governorship for his Association with this radioactive guy, and that's a FACT ~ sad

Progressives are actually PRAYING this Maniacal Con-Man wins the Nomination and that should tell you ALL you need to know ~

2. mrpopo profile image73

How relevant is David Duke on the political scene? What is his significance? For that matter, what is the significance of the KKK? They have what, 5000 members? That's 0.002% of the population.

It's a ridiculous notion to think that you must publicly reject votes based on perceived moral flaws. Should he also publicly reject all votes from criminals? All votes from liars? All votes from drunkards?

Aside from that, there is no reason to think that those who strongly believe an ideology, however ridiculous, insane or bigoted that ideology may be, are incapable of developing thought reasoned perspectives on other issues. A racist may be perfectly capable of understanding chemistry, economics, engineering etc. despite his racism. Religious extremists exemplify this perfectly. Look no further than some of the highly-educated engineers who blew themselves up thinking they were going to paradise.

With that in mind, why should he disavow a vote from a racist if the vote is because they agree with his immigration and trade policies?

All this is is a media attempt at guilt by association to paint Trump as a racist, following this train of thought:

Duke was a member of the KKK 40 years ago
            Duke supports Trump
            Trump does not immediately disavow support
            ∴ Trump is racist

It's ridiculous.

1. IslandBites profile image90

I agree. And, at least for me, that wasn't the issue. He could've said that while he doesn't support those ideals, any person is free to vote for the candidate they like or something like that. But he opted, like he frequently does, to give lame excuses. And what it worse, he contradicted himself (again, like he frequently does). He says he has the greatest memory, yet, he said he didn't knew who David Duke was when he clearly does.

"He could've said that while he doesn't support those ideals, any person is free to vote for the candidate they like or something like that"

I agree, this would have been a better answer.

"But he opted, like he frequently does, to give lame excuses"

The question itself was far lamer. Given that he later disavowed him anyway, I don't see why people are taking issue.

"And what it worse, he contradicted himself"

I doubt any of the candidates have not contradicted themselves. On the list of priorities, gay rights (which Obama and Clinton both flip-flopped on) takes precedence over not immediately disavowing some forgotten ex-KKK member's vote.

"He says he has the greatest memory, yet, he said he didn't knew who David Duke was when he clearly does."

I don't think being hyperbolic about one's memory is the central cause of the controversy.

In AMERICAN politics, sometimes the whole is more significant than its component parts.  The idea of white supremacy just starts with the Klan and hardly ends there.

BTW, Trump has recently repudiated David Duke, ok

This is not Canada, racial issues and matters are very touchy within the United States. If I see a lot flies circulating around something, I can be sure that it is 'Chanel No.5'. Where ever the flies are, is where I am not.

Declared racism from any candidate is not acceptable in American politics, Period.....

White supremist groups are the 'flies' because it is not just David Duke, solely.

Duke is still a leader among the white supremacist movement.
              Duke along with any number of white supremist organizations support Trump, I am sure that all these guys are attracted to his immigration and trade policies.

Trump may claim not to be a racist, maybe he can tell me why he attracts so many flies?

"The idea of white supremacy just starts with the Klan and hardly ends there."

Okay, where does it end? The reporter only provided KKK and Duke as outdated examples.

"This is not Canada, racial issues and matters are very touchy within the United States"

That does not give people license to fallaciously associate Trump with racism.

"If I see a lot flies circulating around something, I can be sure that it is 'Chanel No.5'. Where ever the flies are, is where I am not. "

Then you're employing guilt by association. Manure both enriches soil and attracts flies.

"Declared racism from any candidate is not acceptable in American politics, Period"

Fortunately, I've yet to see a candidate spout racist views.

"I am sure that all these guys are attracted to his immigration and trade policies."

Maybe they would be. Yet their approval of his policies doesn't somehow invalidate his policies.

"Trump may claim not to be a racist, maybe he can tell me why he attracts so many flies?"

This is still guilt by association. Look into it: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacie … ation.html

Example 2 is actually quite similar to the current situation:

Jen and Sandy are discussing the topic of welfare. Jen is fairly conservative politically but she has been an active opponent of racism. Sandy is extremely liberal politically.
                  Jen: "I was reading over some private studies of welfare and I think it would be better to have people work for their welfare. For example, people could pick up trash, put up signs, and maybe even do skilled labor that they are qualified for. This would probably make people feel better about themselves and it would get more out of our tax money."
                  Sandy: "I see. So, you want to have the poor people out on the streets picking up trash for their checks? Well, you know that is exactly the position David Count endorses."
                  Jen: "Who is he?"
                  Sandy: "I'm surprised you don't know him, seeing how alike you two are. He was a Grand Mooky Wizard for the Aryan Pure White League and is well known for his hatred of blacks and other minorities. With your views, you'd fit right in to his little racist club."
                  Jen: "So, I should reject my view just because I share it with some racist?"
                  Sandy: "Of course."

I looked at your link, thank you.

Here's my take

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/01/us/po … .html?_r=0

Merely being conservative in of itself does not attract these kinds of people. What is it besides conservatism that makes these people see Trump as the 'heir apparent'? The GOP has never fielded candidates that get these kinds of endorsements, what dimension  does the Trump candidacy bring that serves as invitation for all the muck of far rightwing politics?

The only person in modern times that attracted these kinds of people to the same extent was George Wallace, and we all knew what he was all about.

2. rhamson profile image71
                    rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Guilt by theoretical association. The ultimate PC stance to knock somebody off their footing. If that were true you could put it this way. Do you breath? Well Hitler breathed too. So you must live a life like Hitler. lol

3. IslandBites profile image90

Thanks for that "Island Bites" proof positive that Trump is lying, so where are all the Trump supporters coming to his defense over this matter?

2. Alternative Prime profile image57
    Alternative Primeposted 8 years ago

One of the BIGGEST Con-Men & Liars you'll ever see ~ MORE recently,  approximately 1 week ago ~ sad ~ A little contradiction wouldn't you say ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9geYl9J_Mc

3. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

roll

4. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 8 years ago

I think many of the posters missed my point...is Donald is so proud of his family's history then why change his name?

He didn't change his name, unless he's his own time-traveling grandfather (Futurama, anyone?).

2. IslandBites profile image90

Truth is he didn't. But that wasn't the point of Jamie anyway.

3. colorfulone profile image78

Both of my Grandfathers changed their last names before they came to America.  They took easier names for English speaking people to be able the pronounce.  It was and is very common to do. 

They even changed their first and middle names a bit for the sake of becoming Americans.

5. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

Sometimes we have to swallow the bitter pill people ! If trump is the "wrong guy " why does he have the numbers working for him , and not even at your expense ?    Someone explain that ?  Without telling a majority of people .....You're wrong ?

By the way , go look at the colonial or old English spelling of any name , at your own name , you may be surprised .

Yep. My father's side was originally Daffys. We've got a politician around here who has been in office for some time and his name is Loser.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)