America's is getting exactly what it deserves out of elections !

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (195 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

You wanted Christians and lions in the coliseum  , you got it .   You want  a circus in the political debates , there you go !   The last election amounted to   a  shallow  and  sophomoric political correctness in the present white house  administration   AND in result,  it's horrible geo-political- and domestic ,economic  state of affairs  , while the rest of the  world shakes it's collective heads .   America is getting exactly what it deserves out of this election .  And why ?    No one wants to "do the homework" anymore .    You are  perfectly happy blaming your hectic  lifestyles  on the lack of individual responsibility , in your  personal and necessary responsibility  and accountability in acquiring your much  needed   political maturity .  I know one woman whom  I  had actually considered  fairly intelligent  who actually answered , "I won't vote for Trump because  I  absolutely hate his hair ",    determining for me  right then  that ,THAT is exactly where most Americans have evolved to . 

The GOP , a circus sideshow .
    The DNC,  too old , too white , too  phony.
    IMHO.

1. Rodeon profile image58
      Rodeonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I know one woman whom  I  had actually considered  fairly intelligent  who actually answered , "I won't vote for Trump because  I  absolutely hate his hair. . ."   lol

Well said, my friend, well said!

2. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

We could look at it that way or we could say that we are so collectively disgusted with politicians, that we see no evidence of fair representation of the people, that we have grown to believe we do not matter to Washington; that these candidates are representative of all we believe our government to be. A circus that disgusts and entertains simultaneously.

I think we will revolt at some point. This is just an indication of why it is growing ever closer. And,it could be that Trump is an indication of the beginning of that revolt. If we survive him we may see politics change drastically (hopefully for the better) as a result of this. Not that he is better but that he represents the beginning of the end of an era.

I have a personal theory about Mr. Trump. Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just speaking my mind and saying what my intuition has been about this man.

There are, I think, 2 key factors about Mr. Trump: his age, and his financial aspect. He's 69 years old, so in a way his life has reached almost its near ending. How long will he be seeing the light of the world? 10 more years? 20 more years? Assessing his health and physique, and general lifestyle, I think he will not exist more than a decade at maximum. I think he himself knows that very well.

The second factor is his money. He has had the fortune/privilege and has accessed as much money as any man can dream of in their life. So, he's satisfied there. When you take away a man's hunger by providing him too much food, he no longer is a captive of the food or the persistent thought of acquiring food. He's free to think in grandest scales and proportions. He becomes interested about the very cosmos where he has lived his life, and the mystery that life itself is.

Trump has had both these factors about him. When you combine these with his Mark Antonio type of temperament I see no reason why a man like this could have resisted himself for so long from itching that very spot of skin that he has been witnessing in his country and in its politics.

And I think that's the reason why so many find in Donald Trump an impression of a savior.

1. Live to Learn profile image60

That's pretty funny. Only because you might have to explain to Trump what the word cosmos means so he can start contemplating it. If he's ever looked up and noticed it. I'd think he has been too busy looking down grubbing for money.

I don't think he's a fool.

I didn't mean to imply he was a fool. Different people think in different ways. I consider him to be short on the ability toward self introspection or lofty thoughts. That doesn't make him a fool.

2. colorfulone profile image78
              colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No, not at all...its foolishness to think that.

3. Rodeon profile image58

Maybe he's trying to do a little business with all this. If he becomes president, he'll go down to history.

If not, it'll still boost his businesses.

And he has nothing to lose, by the way, with all this. He has lived his life, and it's just a show in the end, before leaving.

1. colorfulone profile image78

I think he is committed because he loves his business. He has never drank alcohol, smoked or taken drugs (and that's the way he has raised his kids).  He attributes that in part to being successful (for himself), and that a person has to love what they do to be successful.  And, he is willing to hand over his business to his kids, so he can devote his time to being president.  He isn't going to evolve into being presidential until then.  There's a time for everything!   

He is a brawler on the debt stage and when the media continues to assault (target) him intentionally to get a reaction (to trip him up I suppose).  People who know Trump personally say he is very gracious.  I know he spreads his wealth being a blessing to individuals and groups.  The pays people's mortgages off, and donates millions to help others. He saw a guy beating a homeless man on the street in NY and got out of his car and went over and told the guy that he needed to stop that.  The guy respectfully called him, Mr. Trump, so he recognized Trump and knew who he was, and took off...

No body is perfect.  Trump is a bad guy, he's a brawler...but, that's just what we need for a peaceful take-over of our corrupt government.  One man, with a lot of guts!   He wears a bullet proof vest everywhere these days because he is in danger of being assassinated. Tough guy! 

I know Trump by his fruit...and that is why other evangelicals are voting for Trump. He has good policies he is willing to deal with congress on.  The guy just shines at times!  ... He is just a guy who isn't being phony, politically correct, and he honestly speaks his mind.  I don't beat around the burning bush either.

Its a phenomenon happening.  Once a person steps into the flow of the energy they experience (sense) something greater then themselves moving like a wind.  Something spiritual is happening...and we're seeing a lot of manifestation along the way so far...

1. wilderness profile image93
                    wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You seem to one of the few that actually respect and like the guy.

But I'm curious - does it bother you that a GOP representative doesn't seem willing to push the Christian agenda in office?  Compared to the other GOP candidates, Trump is a Buddhist or something! (Yes, I know he's Christian, but he doesn't carry that as a chip on his shoulder and he doesn't carry it into the political arena).

If Hillary wins the presidency by hook and crook, Donald Trump will be going down in a blaze of glory.  He will be A HERO.  She will still be a villain. 

(Remember the women, children, and men who were murdered at the WACO Davidian under Bill Clinton?... Yeah, when Hillary was acting as the Unofficial Co-President.) 

Oh but, I don't like Trump's hair they cry. 
                Well, Hillary wears wigs!  wink

1. profile image0
                  ahorsebackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I believe Hillary may be pardoned by Obama , but that may or more than likely, NOT help her .

1. Sandi Kroeger profile image70
                    Sandi Kroegerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

A presidential pardon may clean her track record legally but, morally, she will never have a clean record again!

2. rhamson profile image70
        rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I hope you are right as the more disgusted we get with these slime bags we may become more united for change. We must form an Article 5 Convention where we can change the rules the dirt bags have side stepped for years to wrangle control away from us. Term limits, publicly financed campaigns and lobby reform would be the best we could do to turn this criminal element out of our system for good.

http://www.termlimitsforuscongress.com/index.html

Interesting link. Thanks.

2. Live to Learn profile image60

That's a plan I could back.

I thought we all have the power inside us to back up much grander plans. That's just me smile

1. M G Del Baglivo profile image61
              M G Del Baglivoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

All bad opera this time around. None of them is fit for the Office.

3. profile image0

I agree with you completely .

4. profile image0

Very well said !

5. rhamson profile image70

" I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." Thomas Jefferson

I can totally agree with this! The status quo is not enough anymore!!

3. colorfulone profile image78

Dear Representative,

From the time I was able to vote I voted Republican. I am 80 years old, and have a great deal of respect and influence with hundreds of senior ball players who also network with thousands of others around the country.

I received your questionnaire and request for money and strongly agree with every question, as I have since Obama was elected. Unfortunately the one question that was missing is “What have the Republicans done for the American people?” We gave you a majority in the House and Senate, yet you never listened to us. Now you want our money.

You should be more concerned about our votes, not our money. You are the establishment, which means all you want is to save your jobs and line your pockets… Well guess what? “It’s not going to happen” You shake in your boots when I tell you we’re giving our support to TRUMP and he hasn’t asked for a dime.

You might think we are fools because you feel Trump is on a self destruction course, but you need to look beyond Washington and listen to the masses. Nobody has achieved what he has, especially in the liberal state of New York.

You clearly don’t understand why the Trump movement is so strong, so I’d like to share with you an analogy to help explain the Trump phenomenon. By the way, it’s not just the Republicans who feel ignored and disrespected, there are plenty of Democrats and Independents who also feel let down by the Washington elite. You seem to have forgotten about “We The People” and who hired you to represent us.

So here it is, the best analogy I could come up with. Here is the reason so many Americans have boarded the Trump Train, and why you’re pleas to come back to the party who deserted us, is falling on deaf ears:

You’ve been on vacation for two weeks, you come home, and your basement is infested with raccoons. Hundreds of rabid, messy, mean raccoons have overtaken your basement. You want them gone immediately…You call the city and four different exterminators, but nobody could handle the job. There is this one guy however, who guarantees you he will get rid of them, so you hire him. You don’t care if the guy smells, you don’t care if the guy swears, you don’t care how many times he’s been married, you don’t care if he was friends with liberals, you don’t care if he has plumber’s crack…you simply want those raccoons gone! You want your problem fixed! He’s the guy. He’s the best. Period. Here’s why we want Trump: Yes he’s a bit of an ass, yes he’s an egomaniac, but we don’t care. The country is a mess because politicians have become too self-serving. The Republican Party is two-faced & gutless. Illegal aliens have been allowed to invade our nation. We want it all fixed! We don’t care that Trump is crude, we don’t care that he insults people, we don’t care that he had been friendly with Hillary, we don’t care that he has changed positions, we don’t care that he’s been married three times, we don’t care that he fights with Megan Kelly and Rosie O’Donnell, we don’t care that he doesn’t know the name of some Muslim terrorist.

This country is weak, bankrupt, our enemies are making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegal aliens and bringing tens of thousands of Muslim refugees to America, while leaving Christians behind to be persecuted. We are becoming a nation of victims where every Tom, Ricardo and Hasid is part of a special group with special rights, to the point where we don’t even recognize the country we were born and raised in; “AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED” and Trump is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want.

We’re sick of politicians. We’re sick of the Democratic Party and the Republican Party. We just want this thing fixed. Trump may not be a saint, but he isn’t beholden to lobbyist money and he doesn’t have political correctness restraining him. All we know is that he has been very successful, he’s an excellent negotiator, he has built a lot of things, and he’s also not a politician. He’s definitely not a cowardly politician. When he says he’ll fix it, we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar.

Oh yeah…I forgot…we don’t care if the guy has bad hair either.
      We just want those raccoons gone.
      Out of your house.
      NOW!

(from 100% FED Up! by anonymous)

That's it, people aren't concerned about the small stuff.  (except for small minded people, but we don't have any of them in the HubPages Forums)

4. rhamson profile image70

" I know one woman whom  I  had actually considered  fairly intelligent  who actually answered , "I won't vote for Trump because  I  absolutely hate his hair "

I have heard some of these inane remarks myself. But between Trump and Rubio doing the dozens with each other, the size of his hands?, this really is back to high school stuff.

I once used to consider physically short people (those below the 5 feet mark) to be powerless and I used to be sensitive towards them whenever I met one. I used to feel I might hurt their feelings and I used to abstain myself from inciting any conversation that might bring up about anything that is tall, like the Empire State building, etc. Funny!

Years later, I found out that these short guys are some of the most dangerous enemies that one can make in life.

1. rhamson profile image70

Napoleon comes to mind. But we all have our own distortions. smile

In the spiritual sense, yes.

2. Sandi Kroeger profile image70

It's actually called Napoleon syndrome.

5. colorfulone profile image78

"Think Your Vote Was Counted? Think Again."
      http://observatorial.com/2016/03/10/thi … ink-again/

NEWSThink Your Vote Was Counted? Think Again. By Randy | March 10, 2016 115SHARESSHARE TWEET SHARE SHARE 0 COMMENTS
      FROM CONSTITUTION.COM

Joseph Stalin allegedly said:

“It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.”

Sadly, in America, this is the case with ongoing widespread voter fraud taking place in nearly every state that’s held a primary election. And a former computer programmer and ex-employee of NASA and ExxonMobil, designed the program to hack voting machines in 2000.

Clinton Eugene “Clint” Curtis told the world in open testimony that voting machines are not only hackable to determine an election, but that he’s done it.

Curtis’ testified before US House Judiciary Committee Members in Ohio in 2006. He testified that Tom Feeney hired him to build software that would rig an election using electronic voter machines. According to Curtis, he could rig the machines in such a way to determine a 51/49 split in favor of a desired candidate.

I pray to God election fraud is stopped!  That's what was happening in Texas when electronic votes were being switched from Trump to Rubio. 
      http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/as-r … switching/

Thank you Clinton Eugene “Clint” Curtis for being a stand-up man and telling the truth.  Bless his heart!

6. Misfit Chick profile image75
      Misfit Chickposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, all that happened because of the former GOP Bush Administration taking too many liberties with our systems and screwing this country and our reputation up as badly as they did. Independents and people who care were/are not about to let that EVER happen again.

The GOP needs a decent candidate to compete for these elections ever since the GWB massive failures. But, what they do instead is make sure to give us more reason to NOT let them in that office.

I can only imagine that there are at least a few good candiates on both sides who would qualify (yeah, Hillary is getting my vote) - but that is not the way they are chosen; they are chosen by how much hype they can stir up; and who can make our country's divisions DEEPER. That is who brainwashed GOP constituents always seem to want.

Put a serious candidate up there and you might stand a chance against even Hillary.

1. M G Del Baglivo profile image61
        M G Del Baglivoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The choices:

1. A 20th century politician who may face indictment for a federal felony charge.

2. A megalomaniac bigot who incites violence.

3. A little boy who is wearing a hat way too large for him.

4. A liar who reminds us of the Nixon days.

5. A worn out former governor whose time has come and gone.

Yea, that'is a great slate. Sit this one out as a protest.

2. tirelesstraveler profile image59
    tirelesstravelerposted 8 years ago

Every candidate has an easy to find website. No excuse for ignorance.  That said, when the people vote for cake and circuses you get what free college gives.

3. jacharless profile image75
    jacharlessposted 8 years ago

Without sounding too auspicious, I truly see a Sanders-Cruz competition, regardless of what the pundits are spewing.

4. tirelesstraveler profile image59
    tirelesstravelerposted 8 years ago

Love the way Trump has beat media at their own game.
    Love how much more interesting this election season has been.
    Very sad how much bad information from the past has infused the mainstream population. 
    Especially sad how it is positively OK to bash religion without realizing that for  many people their political views are their religion, and they bash others with it more ruthlessly than religions of love and peace.
    Does anyone realize the more laws you have the less likely they are to be enforced unless someone wants to attack someone?

1. profile image0

+++++++++

I like what you said.

"Does anyone realize the more laws you have the less likely they are to be enforced unless someone wants to attack someone?" 

This!  I would like to see some of the laws on the books being enforced, instead of ignored.  We don't need more laws.  After all, it is laws of the land that keep us safe when they are enforced.  I think it creates a healthy respect or fear.

1. tirelesstraveler profile image59
        tirelesstravelerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If I walk in the park with my dog without a poop  bag, according to posted law, I am breaking the law.  I hate dog crap just left, but to be finded?

2. wilderness profile image93

Fear of the police is not healthy.  So many of our laws (most?) are there simply to give police an excuse to punish/arrest/stop when they have no reasonable cause.

Example: my son was once stopped when driving...for a dirty license plate.  Of course it wasn't that at all - he was shirtless, dirty and disheveled, heading for an auto parts store to get parts to finish the car repair he was working on.  The cop simply wanted to stop him and investigate him, not for anything he did but because he looked bad.  I've read where it is virtually impossible to drive even a couple of miles without violating some law or another and think that's probably true.  A cracked tail light lens, a dirty license plate, speeding by 1 mph, forget the turn signal, make a wide turn, lose concentration and "weave" in your lane, ice on the back window; the list is nearly endless of things you can be stopped for.

3. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

Good morning, wilderness!  smile 

Correction: Healthy respect or healthy fear. 
      There is "healthy fear" and there is "unhealthy fear".  Phobias are unhealthy, while conscientiously respecting the laws of the land is a "healthy fear" ... because people do not want the adverse consequences of breaking the law. 

When I wrote that post, I was thinking more of the heroine dealers that come across the southern border to sell illegal drugs in the US.  There is a heroine epidemic in several states, and the heroine trafficking could be greatly curtailed by enforcing-laws.  The Border Patrol has been ordered to stand down from enforcing immigration laws, to allow illegal aliens to come and go by the Obama Administration.   

Heroine deaths could be reduced by the WH.  sad  Its a real problem that is taking lives, and leaving children without parents.  etc. 

I wasn't thinking about a minor traffic stop.

4. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 8 years ago

Sorry, but if Trump is elected, only those who voted for him will deserve the stupidity that will ensue.  The rest of us will be saying "I told you so" and "how could you be so stupid?"

Edited to add:  How many of you regret voting for GWB?  I told you so, and how could you be so stupid.  How many of you regret supporting the invasion of Iraq?  I told you so and how could you be so stupid.

There are a whole lot of people saying those exact same things about Obama and have been for several years. It doesn't matter who is the sitting president (Democrat or Republican)... there will be people who say "I told you so" and "how could you be so stupid".

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well, of course, the question is whether or not those comments directed at a particular presidency are wholly deserved.  GWB oversaw 9/11, the Iraq debacle, the Katrina disaster, and the economic collapse.  Seems pretty deserving of an "I told you so" and "What WERE you thinking?"

You're blaming a president, any president, for a terrorist attack and a hurricane?  An economic collapse that was years in the making?  Really?

1. profile image0

I'm not blaming him for the attack, I'm blaming him for ignoring specific intelligence that the attack was imminent.  I'm not blaming him for the hurricane, I'm blaming him for appointing his unqualified buddy to head FEMA, and for the inept response that followed.  I'm not blaming him entirely for the economic collapse, but he was in charge at the time, and his policies did nothing to ebb the downward spiral of the economy, until it was so late that a bailout was required.

I notice you didn't mention the Iraq invasion, the biggest debacle of them all, that cost our country thousands of lives and billions of dollars, for pretty much nothing.

Well, now - the Iraq invasion was done on the basis of semi-false intelligence information.  While it DID turn out there were WMD's there they were pretty minor and not significant enough to warrant a war.  But you do blame him for that bad information, I see.

Bush knew there would be planes flown into the towers that day?  News to me!  Poor FEMA response in Katrina was primarily due to lack of cooperation from New Orleans, not FEMA and certainly not Bush.  And the collapse was a result of congress declaring that everyone should have a house and forcing banks to make bad loans, not from watching a spiral downward for years.  So poor old Bush didn't cause any of those things but still gets the blame - not unusual as we commonly give praise and blame both to the president whether he could or did anything at all.

The active phase of the economic crises during Bush as president can be dated from August 9, 2007, when Banque Nationale de Paris S.A. (BNP) (Bank of Paris and the Netherlands) terminated withdrawals from three hedge funds citing "a complete evaporation of liquidity".

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12920460.png
              Financial crisis of 2007–08
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial … E2%80%9308

The banks can create economic crises, not presidents.  BUT, the politicians lie to cover for their puppeteers and the Democrats blame the Republicans, R's blame the D's.  The media doesn't tell the truth, and the public is left to believe whatever they listen to...blah, blah, blah.   smile 
              And, the bankers and D&R corrupt politicians line their pockets for being good little puppets.   Sounds like a song and dance!  wink

Your right, Bush didn't cause the economy to crash!  He gets blamed a lot, but that's part of the game...he gained!

I expect the next economic crises will come as a result of the Bank of China decreasing the USD even more, but I could be wrong.    1 US Dollar equals = 6.49 Chinese Yuan...and that they will wait till after our election. If a Republican is president, Communist China will blame him, and so will the Dems and liberal press...and on and on we go!

Good reply. Thank you!

Thank you, Sandi Kroeger. Glad you liked this post.  I like it so much that I am going to bump-it.  There is a lot to learn about the levels of corruption in government and with those who buy them.  We have hope.  smile

It's human nature to want to point a finger at someone or something that we believe has caused a problem. Often it is just a way to express anger or alleviate our own guilt. Finger pointing will rarely solve any problem but we see it everywhere in the world of politics.

"It's human nature to want to point a finger at someone or something that we believe has caused a problem. Often it is just a way to express anger or alleviate our own guilt. Finger pointing will rarely solve any problem but we see it everywhere in the world of politics."

Pointing people in a direction where they might be able to see where there is a huge problem for themselves isn't pointless.  People don't need more light shined in the darkness, but only need to be open  to see the bigger picture for themselves.  Everything is relative and connected in political science, Einstein...

Just love to see the arrogance of so many on these hub pages. There must be so many more people with genius IQs than I ever thought there could be. Everything is indeed relative AND my perception is my reality!

5. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

Some of Trump supporters discovered their Votes were switched for Rubio in the state of Texas.  I remember mentioning it on TX voting day when people were seeing that their electronic votes were switched.  So, no recount?   Old news now?  Too bad, too sad! 

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+tru … o+in+texas

1. profile image0

Why can't a find I reputable source to confirm that?  Can you provide one?

I made the mistake of wasting my time searching the net to see if there was anything to that post, too. Not sure why I bothered. I knew I wouldn't find anything.

Austin radio station flooded with reports of voting machines switching votes from Trump to Rubio (audio)
        http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/austin- … -to-rubio/

Austin/Cedar Park TX voting machine switched Trump vote to Rubio prr KLBJ-AM caller (transcript)
        http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3403726/posts

I watched the video. I would be interested to see how you felt if we had a similar video of members of an armed occupation you didn't agree with leaving the area they were occupying, refusing to surrender to arrest by insisting they planned on driving another fifty miles and talking to another law enforcement branch, advising the law enforcement on site to 'stand down', leaving at high speeds and attempting to circumvent a road block, jumping out of the vehicle and yelling 'shoot me' and when no one would reaching into their coat as if to pull a gun.

I am continually saddened by the one sided, arrogant and disrespectful nature of some American attitudes. Refusal to look at a situation fairly and honestly; hypocritically complaining about behavior patterns when those they support are treated in similar manners to those they don't. Cheering on the police at one moment when video evidence would suggest further investigation into the legality of their actions; then lambasting them at others when video evidence suggests they acted within the boundaries of common sense.

Lavoy Finicum died because Lavoy Finicum did not recognize the authority of the law. He appeared to be of sound mind so it is not unreasonable to assume that was by choice.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

I think Trump knows what we want to hear. He wants to get elected.  Will it be the same as with Obama: "Elect me and there will be hope!" Trump: "Elect me and there will be hope!"

HOPE FOR WHAT?
      Changes? Toward what end?
      Greatness? What is greatness?
      Prosperity and jobs? By what means?

W h a t   L i b e r t y?

When the boundaries become so multiplied, complicated and tangled up in laws, legalities, regulations, mandatory fines and over-burdensome taxation, what hope, greatness, prosperity or happiness can there possibly BE ?????
      None.
      How to get back to the basics????????
      Is it possible?
      Can Trump bring Hope, Change, Prosperity and the potential of J O Y to our collective human condition?

What CAN he bring about?

I have a theory about this too.

I think the level of true democratic participation depends upon the level of collective awareness of a community. The voting-machine, itself, is really nothing. And I don't think anyone forces anyone to vote for anyone or anything. We all do it voluntarily.

The problem is that of awareness.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
          Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years agoin reply to this

We need a Leader.
          We do not have philosopher Kings. Maybe this is an unfortunate fact.
          The people have brains the size of peas in regards to knowing what they need in order to be happy and secure within a home or within their country. The ideal is everyone enjoying the earth and living harmoniously according to their own strengths and abilities, as far as being able to survive and contribute.

Now we're talking about real spirituality.

There are many voters, and one or two voters themselves can not do much if the remaining voters have the same old awareness within, and outside, themselves.

But if we can, however, alter and elevate that awareness, upto a collective level, then they themselves would be demanding their rights and making true democratic spirit and participation happen around them. There are many sections in both US and Indian national constitutions which support people if they would like to deactivate a government. (By the way, the modern Indian constitution is heavily influenced by the American constitution.)

The key here is the collective elevation of awareness. If we can make everyone 'see' what's really going on about and over their head - they would be moved. The challenge is how do we make them 'see'? It's difficult to 'see'.

~ especially when they were either lucky enough to have … or unlucky enough not to have.

But the word "luck" is the point of ignorance, isn't it?   

In this light, what would YOU have them see?

I would have them SEE that educating their children is the most important thing they can possibly do. And this is where the world needs a great deal, (understatement,) of improvement!!!!
                TWISI

Well, we can make them see many other relevant things, things that would 'drastically' elevate their level of awareness in a collective manner.

For example, the cat in your neighborhood do not know that there is a cat in my neighborhood, crossing the blue ocean. Etc.

Do you know where YOUR cat even is at this very moment?
                    ~ wandering around outside, playing in someone else's house, eating another cat's, (or dog's yikes) food, not respecting boundaries. Shame on my cat. I can't do a thing about it. Can people across the blue ocean do anything as far as holding their cat to some sort of reasonable standards or discipline????

No, I don't know where the cat is right at this moment. smile  But they'll return in about an hour or two, when they're hungry.

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Allowing the people Liberty is the only guarantee of prosperity because Liberty ALONE leads to enthusiasm and motivation in life. Did Mr. Marx know or care about the human spirit in regards to its dependence on FREEDOM for happiness??
      DID HE?

Freedom is what free, self guided, will requires. Certain boundaries guarantee FREEDOM. When followed, The Golden Rule provides the main necessary boundary. All rules should be based on this main boundary.

Well, my personal opinion is that Mr. Marx was just trying feel important in a world where he couldn't connect himself to any specific culture, and therefore he didn't become culturally creative, but culturally de-constructive and an element of cultural annihilation. I think the same is true about Mr. Freud as well. I have always felt that the 'intellectual' Jews suffer from a sort of cultural complex. They're highly intelligent, but they're also disappointed because their own Jewish culture doesn't provide them an original culture that they can build something upon. So they go to Germany, Amercia (but not in China smile), and elsewhere, where they may become important.

Whenever I see an interview of Noam Chomsky, I can't but feel that my gut about the 'important Jews', is true.

Repeating:
            Did Mr. Marx know or care about the human spirit in regards to its dependence on FREEDOM for happiness??
            I really do not comprehend his confusion in regards to connecting to culture. Why do you mention this issue?
            "… culturally creative, but culturally de-constructive and an element of cultural annihilation. I think the same is true about Mr. Freud as well. I have always felt that the 'intellectual' Jews suffer from a sort of cultural complex. They're highly intelligent, but they're also disappointed because their own Jewish culture doesn't provide them an original culture that they can build something upon." R.

Perhaps you've some insights for us regarding the importance of identifying with one's own culture.

Well, I had to define myself to myself over many times during the years. You need to understand that India is a very complex country. There used to be an original culture in this land. They used to speak Sanskrit, the descendants of this old language are now Bengali, Hindi, etc. I speak Bengali myself.

Now, there was an invasion on this land by Muslims. So it disrupted the cultural flow of India. Then the British. Now all of this happened decades, and centuries before I was born. But the effect of these invasions are still continuing in India.

Right now, there is no original culture in India, so to speak. I mean there is, but it's not creatively evolving. What's happening is that people around this place are unconsciously copying everything that's happening in the 'West', culturally. So I think I have some legit right to speak about the Jews!

You can not expect anyone who has no culture of their own, though he or she might be highly intelligent and etc, to contribute creatively into another 'alien' culture.

I don't mean that a Jew should be denied permanent job visa or citizenship into a foreign country. They should be, there's no harm if they work in any corporation or office etc. But when these 'intellectual' Jews start formulating sophisticated philosophies, you better be prepared.

Lastly, I must confess the fact that these are all theories and don't take them seriously. smile

your theories?

All that I've said here and elsewhere.

2. Rodeon profile image58

I'm universal!

~ better than nationwide or global!

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Oh. I do not understand what you are saying. Your statements have a solution in spirituality?

Ultimately we're all spirits. Culture, nations etc are superficial things. I'm 29 now. 80 years later my nationality won't be bothering me much. I might be dead by then, and might be born elsewhere in Brazil or in Uruguay, or elsewhere.

If reincarnation exists, then we might all have had multiple citizenships.

I have heard, if you hate a certain race, you could be reborn into that race, in your next life.

That's a really good point.

Actually, I worked closely with a woman from India who was half English, (British) and half Hindu.
              She felt all messed up and confused.
              She didn't know what religion or culture to identify with. She eventually found a solution
              … and it does take a search.
              I myself was happy to find out about my Scottish background. But, I was raised not knowing. I think Americans are almost trained to not identify with a culture.

I think America itself is a culture.

I sometimes wonder how the American government connect across the original whites (those who have established America), the Chinese, the Korean community, the Jews, the Indians and Pakistanis, the blacks etc. It's something really difficult to do. I have many times imagined myself as an American politician. The results were both extreme and fascinating.

Chomsky, Noam |ˈCHäm(p)skē|
                  (1928–), US theoretical linguist; full name Avram Noam Chomsky. Noted for expounding the theory of generative grammar, he also theorized that linguistic behavior is innate, not learned, and that all languages share the same underlying grammatical base. Notable works: Syntactic Structures (1957) and Aspects of the Theory of Syntax (1965).

Why did you mention this guy?

Because he's always saying, in a profoundly affecting manner, that American and British governments are criminals and etc.

But when the interviewer asked him what is the meaning of life, he says: "Ants also have life. . ."

https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/aspects-theory-syntax
                      "... historian of linguistics Frederick Newmeyer considers Syntactic Structures "revolutionary" for two reasons. Firstly, it showed that a formal yet non-empiricist theory of language was possible and more importantly, it demonstrated this possibility in a practical sense by formally treating a fragment of English grammar. Secondly, it put syntax at the center of the theory of language. Syntax was recognized as the focal point of language production, in which a finite set of rules can produce an infinite number of sentences. As a result, morphology and phonology were relegated in importance."
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syntactic_Structures

lol  lol  lol

The best way to learn any language is to learn the sounds of the alphabet first and how to put the letters into words, words into sentences, sentences into … etc.

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

~ thats right. They return for a bite to eat … well, if they haven't been fed by SOMEONE ELSE!

Well, the cat we have occasionally brings in small lizards, rats, even doves. I think they don't do much hunting specifically because we don't like to clean after them. Otherwise God has provided them with enough food.

~ spoiled, lazy cats don't like messes either.

We stay prepared. smile

9. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Revolution (Hardcover)
      by Russell Brand (shelved 1 time as noam-chomsky)
      I wonder what HE has to say!!!???

In this book, Russell Brand hilariously lacerates the straw men and paper tigers of our conformist times and presents, with the help of experts as diverse as Thomas Piketty and George Orwell, a vision for a fairer, sexier society that’s fun and inclusive.
        http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Russel … 1101882913

(You are welcome, Russell!)

People with the name 'Russell', seem to be always fascinating. Bertrand Russell for example. smile

Do you live in US now?

No, in India. haha smile

You are still up there in…   near Nepal… I forget where.

Well I'm still in this 3rd World gutter near Darjeeling. I hope I've settled the matter. smile

You like reading books.

You are very imaginative. smile

10. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Bertrand Russell
      Russell, Bertrand |ˈrəsəl|
      , 3rd Earl Russell (1872–1970), British philosopher, mathematician, and social reformer; full name Bertrand Arthur William Russell. In Principia Mathematica (1910–13) he and A. N. Whitehead attempted to express all of mathematics in formal logic terms. He expounded logical atomism in Our Knowledge of the External World (1914) and neutral monism in The Analysis of Mind (1921). Nobel Prize for Literature (1950).

11. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Maybe thats why he is so finicky as far as his prepared meals.

Most cats are perfectionists. All of them.

yes. its good I can't see his expressions when he jumps up to eat on top of the TV cabinet. Thats where his TV tray is. He looks down at us when happy. Otherwise he puts up his tail and faces the wall just staring at the junk he is expected to eat ...

Has he ever seen the blue ocean?

Have you? usually its grey green and dark blue.

It's actually pure blue. Should be.

Have you seen a blue ocean? There is churning sand, waves, depths and light reflecting according to various times of day …  We could declare the sky to be blue too: But of course, there are clouds, fog or haze and thank goodness for atmosphere and changing weather patterns. If the sea were blue and the sky were blue  …       well…  everything would sure be blue.

Of course, when viewed from space, the earth is blue, green and white.
                  So you are probably right.

I've seen the ocean. smile

This is the one that I've seen in person. It's not pure blue, it's light blue. But the internet offers a lot more than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KOc1sFpsWk

On second thought I think may be, I have not. It's a lot of material. That I have not personally experienced. The good thing is that it doesn't take any more than thirty hours to arrive at San Francisco, from here, and vice versa. smile

12. aware profile image67
      awareposted 8 years ago

Name any leadership around the world.that's  the same.

The US Federal Reserve, The Bank of England, the European Central Bank, the Bank of Japan, and the Bank of England...and those who run them.   They run the show. ..elected officials do their dirty work and get taken care of very well on our dollars.

13. aware profile image67
      awareposted 8 years ago

Money is fictitious. Let's all go to these banks you mentioned tomorrow. And lets all  ask to close our accounts.. watch  how fast your idea of leadership crumbles. Money is the biggest lieing politician of them all.

14. aware profile image67
      awareposted 8 years ago

My point is that no other nation is any better .we all being lead by dolts

1. rhamson profile image70

I think you underestimate the power of greed. These systems and political tiers we now have are being constructed by very smart and wily characters. We are the dolts who dream of these "leaders" taking us away from the harm this current structure has developed. We are afraid to make hard choices and vote with our country in mind. Everyone wants for themselves and can't face the responsibility of investigating and making informed decisions. Sanders offers free everything while others offer programs that have proven don't work. We my friend are the dolts for being so easily led astray.

15. M G Del Baglivo profile image61
      M G Del Baglivoposted 8 years ago

And those who support any of our dolts in this election deserve what they get.

Trump is going to purpose we bring back Glass-Seagull Banking Act, and I believe it will get him elected.  There are four rules with that law, two were being followed by the Federal Reserve, but Bill Clinton did away with the other two while president.  You can bet that Hillary was in on that acting as his Un-Official-VP. I can hardly wait to hear the lies coming out of her mouth in a Trump vs Clinton debt.  smile  But, most people are smart and will check the facts for themselves, I think.

Government policies and the subprime mortgage crisis!  The bankers made a haul and the Clintons gained for doing the dirty deeds.  Greed!   
        Follow the money!

1. Alternative Prime profile image57
          Alternative Primeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, there are indeed many Dummies living in this country who will VOTE for a CON-Man Bigot like Trump ~ FORTUNATELY, not nearly enough to get him elected President ~ He'll probably be in Prison by Election time anyway ~ sad ~

He doesn't look good lately either, I mean he's always been a Creepy Strange looking FelIow, but I'm watching him on "MTP" right now and his skin is orangey colored, the bags under his eys and his lips are Purple-ish, and well, his Hair PLUGz look the same ~ smile  ~ He's Babbling almost Incoherently as well, as usual, and he's being "Called" on MORE Lies which he NEVER admits to ~ sad ~ He's obviously a Shady Wounded Character with Pressing Psychological Issues ~ sad

+1

16. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

These Forums , these open  media sources are one  new way of an over  governed people who are watching as tyranny overshadows their elected legislative representation , so that they may actually HAVE a voice , whether listened to or not by government !  If you,  Sandi Kroeger, or any one else has a problem reading any political opinions , then simply stay away from the forums .   

Forums are  also one way for even differing opinions to view each other first and then  vice opinions until all of us find either a middle ground or our own un-flexing  ideological differences , Join in  ! Or  stay away , it really makes little difference  , but  then why complain .

Thank you for singling me out in the midst of thousands of postings related to political opinions and shenanigans - many of which are not very nice OR open-minded. That being said, I do enjoy reading the forums and believe everyone has a right to their opinion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)