Humans are only species not requiring female's permission to mate.

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (37 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 8 years ago

The full and more descriptive title wouldn't fit, it would be:

Humans are nature's only species not requiring the female's cooperation tor intercourse to take place.

Fortunately, society does.

As to humans being the only exception, that really is odd; don't know what anthropology-wise or biology-wise to make of it. Or philosophy-wise for that matter.

I can't wait to see how many ways this thread is misunderstood...

1. lovetherain profile image81
      lovetherainposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure? How do you know that?

paradigmsearchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Basically, if someone can mention another species where rape is possible, then this thread is done. smile

I did a quick search and couldn't come up with anything scientific. But I didn't search long because it was really uncomfortable. Maybe someone else will find something. It is an interesting subject, though. What if it's true? That would leave a lot of questions to ponder.

Agreed, it indeed does. That is open to discussion here as well.

2. Susana S profile image94
          Susana Sposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ducks.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_TKHXaxDSnQ/VHfmtnjc6LI/AAAAAAAAAS0/Eb2SAJ6rm1U/s1600/duck.jpg

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
              Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years agoin reply to this

… a male duck. The ones that have a dark green head and white collar. The brown ones are safe. Now if they're white, it will be hard to tell. Unless they are wearing sunglasses. cool

I suppose you could tell by the look in their eye if they happen to not be wearing shades ... which come to think of it they usually don't.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Dolphin
          Scott, E. M., Mann, J., Watson-Capps, J. J., Sargeant, B. L., & Connor, R. C. (2005). Aggression in bottlenose dolphins: evidence for sexual coercion, male-male competition, and female tolerance through analysis of tooth-rake marks and behaviour. Behaviour, 142(1), 21-44.

Chimpanzee
          Muller, M. N., Kahlenberg, S. M., Thompson, M. E., & Wrangham, R. W. (2007). Male coercion and the costs of promiscuous mating for female chimpanzees. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London B: Biological Sciences, 274(1612), 1009-1014.

2. lovetherain profile image81

http://harvardmagazine.com/1997/01/right.chimp.html

This is not a scientific paper, but it is from Harvard Magazine, saying that chimpanzees commit rape.

That was one heck of an article!!! I guess we know who our ancestors were!!!

Yeah, too bad we aren't more like the hippie bonobos.

I guess I should have known chimps would be rapists, same basic body design.

3. brimancandy profile image79
      brimancandyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That is 100 percent not true. I was recently watching a nature program,, and there is a certain animal from the deer, moose, gazell family, that does not require a females permission to mate.

I am not sure which one it is. But this animal uses a snort to warn other animals in its herd of pending danger. If a male animal of that herd can not find a mate in it's herd, it uses that same snort to cause the heard to run, than it waits for a females that have tired and picks the slowest one, and just jumps on her back. Mates with her and leaves. Leaving the female wondering what happened. if it can't find a female it looks for a slow male.

Animals are not very picky about who they choose to mate with. There is another male member of that same group that will not mate with the same animal more then once. But, the animal may mate with more than one female in a day.

Animals are much worse than humans.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 8 years ago

Dolphins rape other dolphins.

How does the male dolphin restrain the female dolphin in order to accomplish that?

Edit. Come to think of it, I wonder how the chimps do it, strangulation?

1. GA Anderson profile image88
        GA Andersonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Now that is a good question!

GA

2. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's gang rape

Dolphins, no. But this article blows my thread out of the water. lol

http://justingregg.com/the-dolphin-rape-myth/

"Forced copulation has been observed in ducks, lizards, monkeys, fruit flies, crickets, orangutans, chimpanzees, and countless other species."

1. Live to Learn profile image60
            Live to Learnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You might tell the oceanographers on the Discovery Channel and National Geographic. They would, I'm sure, discuss it with you at length.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

What are you saying?
    Q Are Humans nature's only species not requiring the female's permission to mate?

A. Human females  A L L  REQUIRE  permission to "mate" ! ! ! ! ! !

Other questions:

1. Do only males force sexual behavior / mating upon females in the human species / population?

2. Do males 'require permission to mate" when / if confronted by an aggressive female in the human species / population.

3. Do all females in the animal kingdom "require permission to mate"?
    How about bugs, and non-egg laying species.

4. Do females of other species force "mating" / (sex) upon males? (say, Black Widow spiders?)

5. How come animals don't mate with the opposite sex of OTHER species?
    (6. WHY do Humans try this once in a while?)

7. Why do humans try to "mate" with those who are below the age of being able to reproduce?

8. Why would anyone call it "mating" when it is just casual sex / one night stands (for humans) or barnyard sex (for chickens, cows, sheep and goats??)

Wondering now!

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

(The very word, MATING, implies consent / willingness.)

Q. True or False: Human males are nature's only creation which force sexual intercourse upon females without their consent / willingness.
    A. False. There are males in other species which force sexual intercourse upon females within their own species.

Q. Human females are nature's only creation which force sexual intercourse upon males without their consent.
    A. False. No females in ANY species have the TOOL to force sexual intercourse upon males.

To summarize: The un-regulated male nature, (aggressiveness in combination with the male apparatus / tool,) in the human species and in SOME other species, (as listed elsewhere in this thread,) enables, inspires, and causes them to rape females of their own species…( well, in all other species EXCEPT human.)

1. mrpopo profile image72
      mrpopoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"Q. Human females are nature's only creation which force sexual intercourse upon males without their consent.
      A. False. No females in ANY species have the TOOL to force sexual intercourse upon males."

I'm not sure about other animals (the female hyena might have a case) but human females can and do use tools to force sex, like coercion. Unless you define rape to be penetrative this shouldn't be excluded.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

"... human females can and do use tools to force sex, like coercion."

I am talking about a certain physically attatched tool and you are talking about psychological "tools" of persuasion???? neutral

"Unless you define rape to be penetrative, (uh, yes ,neutral ) this (psychological persuasion / psychic rape) shouldn't be excluded.

I beg to differ.neutral

Rape:
    On-line Dictionary Definition:
    the crime, typically (?) committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse, ( neutral,) with him without their consent and against their will, esp. by the threat or use of violence against them:

2 the wanton destruction or spoiling of a place or area:

"I am talking about a certain physically attatched tool and you are talking about psychological "tools" of persuasion"

I understood your reference. I expanded it to include other forms of unwanted sex which can be considered rape, which do not involve force.

"I beg to differ"

Your own definition proves you wrong. Notice the word "typically." Look up that one in the dictionary.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Persuading someone involves the other's will(ingness). Men know this trick too. It works quite well, actually. AND IT AIN'T RAPE! neutral

I agree. Persuading someone does not equal coercing someone.

coercion

Dictionary: the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats:

Thesaurus: force, compulsion, constraint, duress, oppression, enforcement, harassment, intimidation, threats, arm-twisting, pressure.

I can't tell if you are agreeing or contesting my point, but I'll leave this to clarify:

Persuade

verb (used with object), persuaded, persuading.
          1. to prevail on (a person) to do something, as by advising or urging:
          We could not persuade him to wait.
          2. to induce to believe by appealing to reason or understanding; convince:
          to persuade the judge of the prisoner's innocence.

Nothing involving threats or force here. Your definition is using "persuading" as a manner of speaking (otherwise, rape itself would be considered a form of persuasion).

You used the word coercion as an act of rape. I do not think coercion by a female can be considered rape.
            repeating:
            "So, I heard a case where a woman tied up a male and danced provocatively in front of him ....
            Coercion is not an example of the female rape of a male. My stand is this: It is impossible for a female to rape a grown man with her natural apparatus including mental coercion. On one level the man was willingly aroused, even though he was tied up against his will. Name one incident and I will change my mind.

"You used the word coercion as an act of rape"

I used the word coercion as a possible mechanism for rape. Refer back to your own definitions.

Rape: the crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse, with him without their consent and against their will, esp. by the threat or use of violence against them

Coercion: the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats

"repeating:
              "So, I heard a case where a woman tied up a male and danced provocatively in front of him.
              I would say she raped herself. self-rape." "

You can repeat that but it won't make any more sense. Dancing does not constitute any form of rape, and self-rape is a nonsensical concept.

"Coercion toward self-rape is not an example of the female rape of a male."

The only instance of "self-rape" I can find is people colloquially referring to masturbation addictions. Your example cannot be classified as that. If the woman tied up the man and had sex with him against his will, she raped him. Again, refer to your own definition.

"It is impossible for a female to rape a grown man with her natural apparatus including mental coercion. On one level the man was willingly aroused."

If you're saying the presence of an erection is enough to constitute consent then you're wrong. It's not. Both men and women can experience physical arousal from unwanted physical stimulation.

"Name one incident and I will change my mind."

Here are two. First example demonstrates rape by threat of deadly force, the second demonstrates rape via alcohol intoxication and coercion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/0 … 82608.html
              http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/living/ch … male-rape/

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

So, I heard a case where a woman tied up a male and danced provocatively in front of him.

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

well, there is a lot more to it than I thought. The second article was especially informative. Thank you.
    I didn't know girls had it in them!  Apparently, some do. It is hard for males to get over it, as well, and it is a serious issue.

Anytime. It's certainly rare, but it merits discussion and awareness.

9. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Humans can act like animals or not.
    They a have a conscious choice to do so or not.
    Why would they avoid acting in an animal-driven way?
    Good question.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)