Editor's choice hubs versus featured hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Austinstar profile image83
    Austinstarposted 7 years ago

Are 15 out of 271 featured hubs a 'normal' number for hubs? Or do I still need improve this ratio? What is everyone else getting, approximately?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

15 out of 271 hubs aren't normal at all.   I think I have about 250 featured hubs out of 422.  I have to really work to revamp my hubs.

2. Austinstar profile image83
      Austinstarposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I actually stated this wrong. I have 15 Editor's Choice hubs out of 271 Featured hubs.
      I have 2 unpublished hubs also.
      So is this normal?

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Every author here writes on different topics, in different categories, has been a member of the site for a different amount of time and has a different number of Hubs.

Please explain this 'normal' and how it gets quantified and qualified.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image90
        Millionaire Tipsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's much better. I don't have any EC since I opted out at some point.

Thanks! Sorry for the confusion in the way I stated my question. I appreciate your patience!

3. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am ashamed to admit this, but I think that over the five years of being a member of HP, I have had only 7 hubs featured. Don't laugh. I am going to take a long, hard look at my backlog of hubs and edit as many as needed.

2. Austinstar profile image83

Well, that's disheartening. You are a really good writer, Grace, and your hubs are doing well!
    I have actually had a couple editor's choice hubs lose that designation for some reason.
    I'll have to look at your hubs more closely to see what i need to do then.

3. firstcookbooklady profile image85
    firstcookbookladyposted 7 years ago

I have 216 hubs and 13 of them are not featured.

4. Austinstar profile image83

Ok, forget featured! I'm actually asking about Editor's Choice hubs? Anybody know their ratio of EC hubs to Featured Hubs?

1. kenneth avery profile image79

I have NEVER had ONE hub that was an Editor's Choice hub. I guess I should be upset, but I just keep my head down and keep hubbing.

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The majority of users on this site have no EC Hubs.

And given that it is not a permanent designation, tracking a ratio can be challenging.

Thank you! That is an answer that i can understand.

1. lobobrandon profile image89
          lobobrandonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

As relache wrote, you can't quantify it. I have 2 Editors choice out of 10.

5. revolutionbjj profile image89
    revolutionbjjposted 7 years ago

I have zero editor's choice hubs out of like 140 featured hubs.  I'm not sure where the idea for "editor's choice" comes from, because within my niche, I'm recognized as one of the best.  Wouldn't put too much stock in whether a hub is chosen or not.

6. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I have 17  EC out of 111, but I think the staff has stopped doing this for now. Too busy with their new  niches, I suspect.

Rochelle . . . I think you are onto something. I know that I have come short in providing HP with "the" perfect hub which meets or exceeds their criteria, but I would hope that at least ONE, maybe TWO, at the most, of my over 1000 hubs might be chosen as EC. Just once.
      And no, Rochelle, I do not ask for much in this life.

7. Austinstar profile image83

And, of course, the EC designation means nothing now. It's all the moving to the "new" sites. So how many of your hubs have been moved? I have 5 moved so far.

I hear a lot of "why's," so humor me as I ask "So what is the answer to all of the 'why's' hubs are not featured or EC earmarked?

8. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 7 years ago

I have 10 EC hubs out of 53 total, all featured. I'm not sure that EC is a very meaningful designation. They are no more successful than others not chosen.

At least they are recognized as being quality hubs! Promote the heck out of them!

9. UnnamedHarald profile image92
    UnnamedHaraldposted 7 years ago

I currently have 68 Editor's Choice out of 113 featured, but nowadays, as someone mentioned, HP staff are probably busy elsewhere. All I know is EC can come and go since I had 70+ within the last year. It's nice to be recognized, but half of my top ten hubs are not EC.

Can you digest a sincere, honest comment?
      Okay.
      "I am very proud for you. I am sure that you earned it."

10. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I have never had an Editor's Choice Hub, but I chose to opt out.   It was a poisoned chalice when we had sub-domains, because the EC Hubs got moved to the main HubPages site, and that meant my sub-domain would lose its best content which would be damaging to its standing with Google.

Editors' Choice was an experiment by HubPages to see if creating a main domain with only top quality Hubs would attract traffic. Once sub-domains were abolished, EC no longer had any purpose.

1. lobobrandon profile image89
      lobobrandonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No direct purpose, but they still show an Editors Choice badge and probably get more clicks from the related hubs section.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)