Changing the Wealthy and Poor Class Warfare

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)
  1. Shanna Wel profile image58
    Shanna Welposted 7 years ago

I've always felt that family is more Important than money. But since the age of the computers began we've had a disproportionate distribution of income. I admire wealthy honest friendly people Mark sucker berg comes to mind as well as Pat Gelsinger. However, I abhorre dishonest people. I wish the wealthy people of the world would concentrate more on education and improve peoples basic needs such as food water shelter but also find a way to strengthen the family unit. It's not just their fault that people don't care about their own family members but is there is a good structure within the family and a good moral Base, there would be fewer violent crimes committed. I have always felt that they Home economics class in high school would have a short description of how to raise a healthy well balanced family. A person who attempts to improve the lives of other people through education and healthcare are the ones I admire the most. For instance, if you teach people how to take care of themselves, you need fewer doctors. "Give a man a fish and he will soon be hungry. Teach a man (or woman) to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The poor have to rid themselves of the negative mindset that the world owes them a better way of life.  I am talking about the poor in the United States.  Many poor people in the United States are generationally poor.  Why is that one asks?  They are poor because of wrong life choices.  They exist in the world of present/immediate gratification without considering the future ramifications of their actions.  They don't/won't see in the future.  Many of them select choices that oftentimes have deleterious future effects, not only upon themselves but for their future generations.

There have been many social programs implemented to help the poor.  Such programs for the most part only caused the poor to be more dependent & less likely to better themselves because they know that they will always be taken care of.  It is time to apply tough love methodology.  Cut the social programs by at least 85% & implement strong workfare programs with stiff penalties-if one refuses to work, then one won't have assistance.  That will spur the poor to help themselves.    Regarding the working poor, many of those poor have negative attitudes towards work & education which keeps them poor.  Many of such poor are happy where they are; if they weren't, they would have taken steps to improve themselves educationally & socioeconomically.  It is the consciousness, mentality, mindset, & philosophy of the poor that keeps them poor.  If poor people want to improve their lives, it must start with themselves.  Only they must take responsibility & be accountable in their lives.  No one else can nor should do it for them.

Many poor people want the wealthier classes to support them & give them a more comfortable lifestyle without them making any effort on their part.  No one is obligated to financially give others a ride.  Each person should EARN his/her keep.  If people want something, they SHOULD WORK by it.  Wealthier classes aren't ATMs for the poorer classes.  Why do poor people believe that wealthy people should forego their lifestyle in order for the former to live better?  Why do poor people contend that wealthier classes should give them a free ride? ( I just thought of yet another thread)
      http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12039645.jpg

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

GM , you just described the entire democratic leftist party uprising of late !   It all began with   " Feed me , clothe me  , school me ,  pay me ,  And NOW  , "Give me all your wealth  so that I don't have to struggle with my    generational poverty  or intellectual laziness ."     What is it that you suppose happen to educated  leftists .  I heard it said this morning that  " Revolution  is merely evolution "  , so I understand how things must always evolve , but darn ,   I always thought that education was permanent .

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yet, it is red states that are the takers, and the liberal blue states supporting them.

I know, actual facts are hard to swallow sometimes.

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/20/10_red_ … t_partner/

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Lets talk economics , republicans are those who's political  support  tend towards accepting federal monies in subsidies , grants  ,tax breaks for professional , corporate , agrarian  economics , jobs ,because .....of  the importance of the economic livelihood of  capitalism.

Democrats , tend towards more immediate free gains at local levels ,universities , local  schools , arts , welfare and entitlements and  healthcare ,

One ideology is more supportive of the overall  economics and growth and  that pay's itself forward economically  , the other is more entitlement oriented at the personal level .  Can you deny that conservatives are more focused  on the overall health of capitalism ? No.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)