Just Want To Say Thanks! :)

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

Yes I know it looks like I am creeping badly, but I just wanted to say Thanks to all the Hub Staff for their hard work over the last, well, months mainly and years of course.

Since they have changed to the other sites my views and of course earnings have gone up. But that's just part of it. We are all pretty good writers, she said modestly! lol! But these guys have given us free editing and help from the experts in the field of what it looks like and sounds like on the Internet, so I thought it was time to say, thank you. Creeping over, but hey here's a bunch of flowers for ya'll! LOL!
    http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13019898_f1024.jpg

1. Christy Kirwan profile image91
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Nell, for the beautiful flowers and the enthusiasm. We're pretty stoked about the success of the new sites so far too. smile

Nell Roseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Glad you liked them Christy! I have been writing here for a while now, and so far its still the best site, better stop creeping now lol!

2. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 7 years agoin reply to this

+1

3. Solaras profile image94
      Solarasposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, thank you very much to HP staff.  As a relative newcomer, I did not think such views were possible. I hope this stroke of genius can maintain itself; I am encouraged to continue writing for this site on a number of different topics. Best wishes to everyone.  The niches just keep getting better week after week.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

HP staff's level of ethics and good faith are indeed way above the population statistical norm. And as with all companies, standards flow from the top down.

1. lobobrandon profile image89
      lobobrandonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Way way above wink

2. Nell Rose profile image89

Para, um what? LOL!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 7 years agoin reply to this

In other words, they're lovable.

LOL! thanks para, been a long day, my brain is sort of, well, is, mush!

3. Nell Rose profile image89

Just feeling all warm and glowwy cos my views were high! lol! but yes, these guys are better than other companies or people, lets not mention Bubblews for example....(cough)!

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Definitely worth a bouquet of flowers, thanks, HubPages.

4. lctodd1947 profile image78
    lctodd1947posted 7 years ago

Well, I am sorry to say, I do not have the same results. I earned more years ago when I started out. No, my writing was not always perfect, but HubPages was where I succeeded. Now, I earn nothing hardly a cent or two and have taken down a lot of my articles.

Traffic was more and now they do not feature because of traffic they say. Disappointed, yes because I had over 100 articles at one point. So, if traffic was the only issue WHY DO THEY NOT PROMOTE THE TRAFFIC LIKE THE USED TO DO THEMSELVES.???

I have done marketing myself, but still nothing???? So, why am I still here? I guess the new people take the time to make certain one's income better, they certainly have not mine.

Sorry, but I speak the truth.

1. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 7 years agoin reply to this

my hubs were never moved to anywhere else, my traffic are low, 100++ daily, so I don't see any differences at all

5. Nell Rose profile image89

Sorry to hear that, don't get me wrong, its not a huge leap in viewing figures for me, just a 100 or so, but it had got pretty dismal, and is now perking up a bit, thats all, maybe yours will too soon. it was better years ago when I started, and maybe this is a glitch with mine, but just felt in a good mood.

1. always exploring profile image75
      always exploringposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What a nice idea to thank the staff. I agree!

Hiya Ruby, I have been on here since the year dot, with dinosaurs! LOL! thought it was time to say thanks a bunch!

2. Sneha Sunny profile image86
        Sneha Sunnyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Good idea indeed!

6. lctodd1947 profile image78

Okay guys, I have an idea. I have 4960 +- Facebook friends. I will share your post if you will share mine. Does that sound like a winner?

I do not mind sharing here but I work online elsewhere with websites, blogs etc. I would love to make money here again and write more often but it just seems like I do not get any results now???

I do not mean to be negative at all. Here goes I am going to share some post on my FB.

Thank
    Linda

Hiya IC, we always do that anyway, we are on facebook, various groups and one is hot hubbers? not sure if you are there, but anyway I would be glad to share your work, smile

Yep, just shared hope it helps.

7. lctodd1947 profile image78

Thank you Nell. Just an idea and I have shared some of your work. I am here http://facebook.com/lct999 and I will check out the hob hubbers.

Thanks IC, yes I couldn't find your facebook, so thanks, I will click on now.

8. suziecat7 profile image77
    suziecat7posted 7 years ago

The staff has always been great here. I'm glad things are picking up for you and it was very nice of you to post a thank you. I think they have forgotten me but I appreciate all their hard work anyway.

no, I am sure they haven't forgotten you suzie, it takes a while I think to get through all the writers, I just felt it was time to appreciate the fact that this is an awesome site, and to be honest I haven't stuck with any other site for more than five minutes! lol!

1. suziecat7 profile image77
        suziecat7posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree that HubPages is still the best.

9. Faith Reaper profile image84
    Faith Reaperposted 7 years ago

Aw, Nell,

This is a sweet post from you.  I'm happy you are feeling happy about about your views of late. 

I'm also glad the new niche sites are working well for you.  I only have one hub on a niche site at the moment.  LOL  However, I don't have hundreds and hundreds of hubs either and don't write full-time like so many do.  I have a full-time job in the city as a paralegal.  I hope to write more in about three years after I retire.

I've appreciated HubPages since I joined three years ago because they allow me to write really what I want and to be creative in my presentations.  I take up a lot of space with my commenting and hubs, and I'm surprised they haven't sent me a bill yet. LOL

I have met so many wonderful friends here over the years and I can't think of ever switching to another site.  The best thing of all is that they allow me to be me!

Faith, I never realised that you were a paralegal! sounds like a fascinating job! I was just having a slushy moment! LOL! its not improved That much on m y site, but just felt like a thank you was in order. it really started because I was trying to find another decent site, but long story short, er no not one! lol!

1. Faith Reaper profile image84
        Faith Reaperposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it can be fascinating at times and overwhelming at times too, especially in the area in which I work.

I want to know what "creeping" means here this context? Do you mean as in creeping along as far as views, and now you're soaring ...It is always a good thing to express gratitude.

lol! Faith, I meant creeping as in 'being nice' it was just a joke!

1. Faith Reaper profile image84
            Faith Reaperposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I've never heard of that phrase ...must be a British saying. Plus, I've never heard of lushy? 

We use "creeping" to mean going very slow LOL and a lush is someone who drinks too much.

I love learning new phrases from other countries.  It's always fun to learn new things in this life.

I just had another hub chosen for a niche site!

I hope you enjoy a peaceful weekend with a lot of views.

10. lctodd1947 profile image78

Nell, an honest confession is good for the soul.   LOL I have articles on Wizzley but ...........some do really well and others do not. You have to get to a certain % to even get one cent.  It seems that in these recent years, one must do their own marketing. Meaning promotions to get people to your work. It hard, frustrating and that is why I have my own websites, blogs elsewhere etc.

You know they have the ability to promote, but they do not promote everyone. Bottom line.

The old saying goes; you scratch my back, I will scratch yours. Life is life and they do not scratch my back.

You work very hard and I wish you the best with your stuff. You and I have been on here for awhile but I have not focused on this as much myself, but if you can't see any profit from being here, why would you work at it so hard?????

I understand, I do need to do other work on other sites but never seem to have the time, but will do soon

Forgot to add, not sure what you mean about promoting? we do that, not them. I was thanking them for the changing face of hubs, the new sites we are being added to and so on. the writing and promotion is down to us.

11. spartucusjones profile image91
    spartucusjonesposted 7 years ago

Both my views and earnings are at a high time high!

It has been a while since I wrote a Hub, and I initially been holding off with all of the changes and uncertainty. But if this trend continues, it looks like I'll have to start writing some Hubs again.

I also want to echo the sentiments of thanks for all of the hard work of the Hubpages staff. It is not easy to navigate the ever changing internet landscape.

12. lctodd1947 profile image78

Okay that is the point. Why would some make improvements and not others? I had over 100 articles at one point. So, it must mean that my articles are not worth much to them to promote or something. It should be even Stephen.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image91
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It has always been an integral part of our platform that promoting author work is up to each individual author. While we do our best to provide information on what tends to work well in the Learning Center and create policies that keep the site in Google's good graces, we aren't the ones advertising Hubs. Most successful authors have found methods that work for promoting their own content, while others write simply write to attract search visitors from Google.

2. spartucusjones profile image91
      spartucusjonesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

In my case the improvements seem to be directly connected to the new niche sites. I've had 11 of my Hubs transferred to Spinditty and those 11 Hubs are resulting in 93% of my traffic. So if you have high quality Hubs that fit into one of the niche sites, then hopefully they will get transferred, because that is where the traffic seems to be coming from. Otherwise, there is no evidence that Hubpages has been putting forth any special efforts to promote my Hubs (or anyone else for that matter).

Also, as a note, I kind of just forgot about those Hubs, and haven't done much to promote them. I'm not saying that promoting on social network doesn't work, because for some it does, but if your Hubs do well with Google and people are finding your content through search engines, then you don't really need to do a lot of promoting. But a lot of that SEO success, is going to be dependent on the writer (and occasional dumb luck). Even though the niche sites seems to be a big positive, realistically not everyone is going to have the right type of Hubs that will benefit from this change.

13. lctodd1947 profile image78

No problem.

14. Susan Hambidge profile image95
    Susan Hambidgeposted 7 years ago

Well said Rose! My views are up as well, they seem to be very slowly climbing each week. I have only one (my most-viewed one) on a niche site and that is slowly getting more views, and all the others are also getting a few more looks. I think, maybe, as you get more on one hub then, then some people take a peek at one or two of your other hubs, increasing everything overall?

Anyways, I am quietly pleased. No retirement plans just yet, but it has encouraged me to get a few more hubs written.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)