I un-keyword-stuffed a bunch of hubs...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (35 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

...traffic falls off cliff. No good deed goes unpunished.

This concludes my rant for the day.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

yikes

paradigmsearchposted 7 years agoin reply to this

In all fairness, I should probably mention there was also a formatting overhaul. I remember reading awhile back this can sometimes disconcert Google and they back off for a little while as they re-digest things...

In my expert opinion (laughs), I would say that it is because of the removal of the keywords. Did you at least leave some by incorporating them naturally into the content? The format changes may cause some fluctuations, but adding the keywords back without stuffing, is a good move for sure.

It's possible I might have gone overboard, but I strived to leave as many there as I thought Sir G would be fine with.

Haha cool. Good luck then smile The removal may make those hubs possible niche site articles, that's when it would pay off if not earlier IMO.

That's my plan. In fact, due to some rather startling information I came across recently, I've pretty much decided any hub not making it to a niche site will be transferred to my website.

Startling information yikes

If I were a meme guy, I would have one right now. May I ask what information in case it's public knowledge?

Nah, to do so would cause freaking chaos around here. Plus, my interpretation could be wrong. lol

2. SheilaMilne profile image93
                  SheilaMilneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Interesting....  Do you have a time-scale for deciding when a hub hasn't made it? 

To tell you the truth, I don't think any of mine are moving, not even the two Editor's Choice. They're both travel, and Travel has been done.

Not really. They are not done. They just selected the hubs with the highest traffic for now to get the many niches started. Once they are done with the niches they will be going back to pick the other good ones.

2. paradigmsearch profile image59

First, I need to finish my updating/editing/reformatting frenzy.

Then, starting with my lowest traffic hub, it will simply be a case of intuition and brutal self-awareness and honesty.

2. Nell Rose profile image90
              Nell Roseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Keywords, nouns, vowels and comma's all gone Para? .)

Only the memes remain.

Hubs are all still showing a pulse. I'm actually starting to feel optimistic. Middle of next week will probably tell the tale.

2. yecall profile image73
    yecallposted 7 years ago

It can be so difficult, getting all the SEO just right but without keyword stuffing.  Boy, is it frustrating, especially when you know the standards change because of Panda. Ah, well, what can we do though, but continue on bravely?

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I read a forum thing where Robin E. said something about how keywords in the capsule titles wasn't important any more.

Well, I'm certain she knows a thing or two more than I do about the business of all of this, and so I've been doing less titling of capsules. Because what is the purpose of putting text over a capsule if not to insert some valid and useful keywords?

I'm glad of seeing this cautionary tale in the ol' feed of mine.

Hey, paradigmsearch - why not just put them back the way they were?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think there is still value in text titles.
      As a formatting element they break up text blocks.
      They help to 'organize' your article... sort of like an outline.
      They also allow a reader to skim and entice them to read.
      As far as using keywords in them... why not, as long as you are not being over-repetitious?

2. lobobrandon profile image88

Where did you read this forum thread? I strongly disagree. They are headings and they count a lot. Try getting them out of the titles when you are ranking for a certain term and see what happens to your position within a week

3. paradigmsearch profile image59

I have given Mr. G what he wants. I'm going to give him 30 days to figure that out. big_smile

I might add that awhile back, HubPro decimated the total number of keywords in a couple of my hubs. Those two hubs are now my top performers. I've become a believer.

Cool

4. paradigmsearch profile image59

Just a note...

I've noticed HubPro has pretty much replaced text capsule titles with callout capsule titles. It do look prettier... big_smile

Haha yes. And I went a step further and changed them to Classic: a type of callout thingy instead of the regular callout. Wish they centered those texts too. I had to go and find a Goldilocks amount of characters to make it look the best.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they do. I haven't tried them yet, but I probably should.

They're kind of like potato chips. You can't do just one.

Hahaha!

5. paradigmsearch profile image59

In the interests of updating...

Traffic has returned to previous. Am now hoping for increase. After all, that was the whole idea.

I should mention other variables are involved, so keyword reduction is tangled up in that.

Good to know. Hope it continues going up.  By other changes do you mean adding some of those new boxes. I forgot what they are called. Those big grey /black ones.

As a matter of fact, I infested my hubs with those. All of them.

Hahaha

They are all h2 headings though. Don't throw them in in quick succession.

2. paradigmsearch profile image59

I have concluded plagiarizing HubPro is a good idea.

Definitely. Take the best of everything to make it even better. Hubpro and brandons tips for success smile

6. mattforte profile image89
    mattforteposted 7 years ago

Keyword stuffing works.

Removing keyword stuffing also works.

The key here is to do both.
    Stuff keywords properly.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)