Who Is Willing To Admit Their Honest Internet Earnings-I Will Be First

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (54 posts)
  1. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

That's not allowed hmm or lose your account for our ads anyways, lol

1. Pamda Man profile image60
      Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why did you spoil the fun? sad

2. candice5 profile image58
      candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why on earth is that, I cannot see that it is at all important. Is that because most would be very Low, or what????????? Sorry if I sound thick.

3. guidebaba profile image58
      guidebabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

roll  roll  roll

lol lol lol

Joke of the century.

lol lol lol

1. Dale Mazurek profile image61
        Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well i guess the joke is on me then.

Oh well

2. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

I didnt realize it wasnt allowed.  It is deleted.  Im sorry.  I just wanted other hubbers to know that honest marketing is possible.

No need to apologize. You didn't know. smile

2. Mobile Phones profile image58
      Mobile Phonesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't share your online income very OPENLY. It breaks T&Cs mainly with Google Adsense and also gives easy access to your hard work to spammers who are looking for content of high earning people with their writing. They just copy, edit and publish spoiling all your hard work.

I am quite careful when it comes to my internet earnings.  to be honest other than a few dollars on adsense here my affiliate earnings do not come from here and it would be greatly difficult for anyone to pick up my actual trail as my partner and I are very careful to not give away what our main source of income really is.

However I do understand what you are getting at.

3. jdmaffiliate profile image60
    jdmaffiliateposted 14 years ago

I guess I looked to late.  As a person new to affiliate marketing I sure would have liked to see the numbers you were talking about.

oh well maybe you could email me with the numbers.

I will think about emailing you but we too have to be careful as to not get accused of spamming in our emails.  I guess I wont be sending you any links so it should be okay.

Never the less I will think about it

4. bgpappa profile image77
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Its not allowed because it is a violation of Google's TOS.  And, from what I heard, they enforce it very harshly.

I wasnt talking about adsense earnings but rather my online earnings all together.  I have 4 streams of income and the number I was talking about was all of them added together.

Maybe Dame Scribe fooled you. Lol.

Maybe she did or didn't but either way I was just trying to show Hubbers who feel like they are hitting dead ends that there really is a true income to be made on the internet.  I normally wouldnt talk about my earnings but went out on a limb.

Im reading Hubpages TOS to find out where I broke the rules but so far cant find it.  If someone can help please direct me.

1. candice5 profile image58

I can't see where it expressly says that either, its all in the writing, and the T.O.S. is not really saying that, from where I am standing.

2. Jane@CM profile image59
            Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Write a hub about it smile

I now know that is the best idea and will start working on one shortly.

2. candice5 profile image58

Then I can't figure that there is a lady saying something like $99.45 will I make it, isn't that the same thing?
      Its on this same Forum.Another is saying $4.43 adsense in a Month.

5. Pamda Man profile image60
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

Dame Scribe made less money so she was jealous at you. Lol. lol

That could be a reason, people hate to admit that they get less, smile But I am sure she is bigger than that though.

That is not why I wrote it.  My only intention was to let fellow Hubbers know what is possible by an average individual.

Im sure it had nothing to do with being jealous.  Dame Scribe has always been fair with me and I do trust her and thats why I deleted the post so quick.  However I still cant find it in the TOS

If someone can find it can they paste the bit on here, I think I have been looking to long.

6. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I can assure you she is. Dame Scribe is a very respected person here.

Yees I got that I don't know that many people, but I gathered she was definitely NO novice.

2. VioletSun profile image76
      VioletSunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was thinking the same thing. wink

She absolutely is and I would never say a negative thing about her.  I believe it was just a misunderstanding and she thought I was talking about adsense earnings.

7. Pamda Man profile image60

/thread then I guess.

8. Pamda Man profile image60

Lol. I've never seen a spammer on HubPages. I better catalog this on my hub. I always see flamers.

9. Pamda Man profile image60

And yes, I was right. They come in packs. Lethal. Can destroy a thread within minutes. Where are the moderators? HELP!

10. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I was under the impression people could talk in generalities about their online earnings, but that Google prohibits talking about "proprietary" information (like the data that shows up on your Google reports).

I was also under the impression people could be free to state their earnings, as long as they didn't add detail beyond that.

Am I wrong?  (Of course, to be safe it can be a good idea just to not talk about it.)

11. Pamda Man profile image60

Come on guys. I was just kidding.

Oh I absolutely know you werent serious

1. chucky12 profile image57
        chucky12posted 14 years agoin reply to this

O.K  I am only to willing to declare mine, irrespective of wether the C.I.R. are lookin  I have made the princely sum of nothing. But I haven't written anything either, is there a connection.

12. Dame Scribe profile image56

Was busy reading hubs from the hub challenge and fans lol lol ...yeah...tis a no no talkn bout earnings with G hmm but apologies to you Dale sad didn't realize you were talkin bout *other* income streams. That is up to you but jus wanted caution with the *G* accounts hmm and thank you for the kind words. smile goin go blush in the closet, k tongue lol

No need to apologize.  I know you would never purposely steer anyone in the wrong direction.

I deleted the original post just in case you were right.

Anyways no harm no foul.  So now should I repost my earnings and try this again  hmmmm

13. Pamda Man profile image60

To put it in short, he gained 7000 this year's anniversary. Split with his wife 50-50. Next year's goal 10k.

Ha Ha that spammer is from Guang Zhou, I actually liked the Bags is that bad.

Ha, I was right. He's from China.

Squidward is taking over is he usmanali

Well I better clarify a few things.  It was 7000 in the month of July split with my internet partner and not my wife.  Even though we all know my wife gets more than half  lol.

We have been online for a year and I wouldnt normally report my earnings but I just wanted to show some of the frustrated hubbers that there is hope for normal people who are willing to work hard

Oh ya and this doesnt include adsense earnings.  That I wont talk about.

14. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

OH PLEASE!!!

Guys it is allowed. Carry on with the thread.

If you don't trust me then read Google TOS.... They prohibit sharing adsense income and there is no harm in sharing overall revenues and earnings and people earn from a number of affiliates other than Adsense like ebay, amazon etc.

So lets carry on with the thread... Share your income

And you Dame Scribe... I want to know your income in particular big_smile big_smile big_smile

15. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
    Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years ago

Hi, I am new (about two weeks),  have so many questions and I read that the more mature members, experienced I mean, are available to help get us started.  Would this be the forum to ask questions about things like how to get set up with the list of affiliates I found on my home page?  I wondered if there is a way to follow that is more direct without heading out in too many directions at once, but tie the affiliates all together to my work somehow?

16. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Dale, I'm entirely guessing at this, but aside from  Google's rules  (which of course we violate at our considerable peril), I can see why we might not want to post earnings per se.  Bear with me; let's see if I can get it into words that make sense from both perspectives (Google's and "us Hubbers):

1.  Google may not want it done because quite simply knowledge is power and giving away knowledge is giving away power.  Huh?  Well, let's suppose there was a direct competitor for advertising revenue out there by the imaginary name of Microhoo.  One Hubber (it would only require one) is able to provide his or her bosses with detailed earnings info on just how well AdSense is doing for writers.

Microhoo then goes to advertisers with a pitch like, "Hey, you know that Google over there is paying these dumb writers X amount of dollars, and that's money out of YOUR pockets; let us show you a better deal."  Or something like that.  Trade secrets are more precious than gold in a highly competitive environment, and there is no more competitive envirionment than the Internet when it comes to the almighty dollar.

2.  When it comes to us field-grubbing keyboard hacks, it's a little different:

A.  If you (for example) post and I'm making about the same, no big.  I figure, hey, Dale is a good ol' boy, gives me a warm fuzzy knowing we're running neck and neck.  (One possibility.)

B.  If you're making a million bucks a minute and I'm making zilch, now the manure hits the whirly-giggy thing.  It MAY inspire me to write like mad, because you're a shining example that it can be done.  But it MAY just as likely irritate me irrationally (why is HE getting favored?) or crush me (I've written more stuff than him and I'm still making zip, guess I'm a loser, shut down, go jump off a bridge.)

C.  If I'm making MORE than you but not enough to make me happy even so, then I MAY think, hey, he's struggling, it's probably going to downturn on me, too.

Part of it's logical, part of it's vicious, part of it's the pure vulnerability of the human psyche.

Like I said, I'm guessing.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea no free market for Google lol

17. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Posting earnings is not against Google's TOS... Read my previous post in this thread.

18. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

Doesnt seem like earnings is relevant in this post,but after reading lingali's 100th hub got some great advice and started trying it. about a third of my traffic now comes from yahoo search and bring good hits.realised though that you dont need to spam your content with keywords.Just list a few longtail keywords in your hub and they will find you easily.ads are then specific to your content and helps searchers find exactly what they looking for wether your hub is commercila or not.

Anyone agree or disagree?

19. Dame Scribe profile image56

I make enough offline to pay my bills and spoil my kids, big_smile hehe

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Dame Scribe smile, im bottle green with envy. smile

20. Silver Rose profile image67
    Silver Roseposted 14 years ago

Here's what the Google terms and conditions say:

8.1        You shall not disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" means: (a) all Google software, technology, programming, specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Programme; (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Property performance in the Programme provided to You by Google; and (c) any other information designated in writing by Google as "Confidential" or an equivalent designation or which it is reasonably apparent should be treated as confidential.

8.2        Notwithstanding the foregoing, You may accurately disclose the amount of Google’s gross payments to You pursuant to the Programme.

8.3        Google Confidential Information does not include information that has become publicly known through no breach by You or Google, or information that has been (a) independently developed by You without access to Google Confidential Information, as evidenced in writing; (a) lawfully received by You from a third party who has not disclosed it in breach of any obligation of confidentiality; or (c) required to be disclosed by law, provided that You give Google prompt, and, if at all possible, prior, notice of such disclosure.

Hope this helps!!!

21. Dame Scribe profile image56

I wasn't setting out for any sort of argument or debate hmm it's just so people don't breach any TOS. Pardon my concern for others.

22. 3bagsfull profile image67
    3bagsfullposted 14 years ago
  23. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Wow what a controversial subject!

24. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Saying what you earn isn't a problem.

But if you disclose any of the details of how you got that (CTR, what ads paid, etc) then you're violating Google's AdSense TOS.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)