Donald Trump: How to win friends and influence people?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 7 years ago

I reference the title as that of a book written by Dale Carnegie in the middle of the last century and was mandatory reading at our household when I was a kid.

Folks are running away from being associated with the Trump name akin the the 'Red Death'.
    Considering the fact that he is often call a 'whiney little b****, our Presidential candidates have gone from greatness to grating.

This article focus is on the PGA moving the world golf competition from Miami, Trumps golf course, to Mexico. There must be economic repercussions for Trump as he is furious.

In light of his other rather ill considered comments, NBC drops him like a hot potato.

Macy's has decided to stop selling his clothing line, drawers included.   

There is a slide show as part of the article below, showing just a cross section of those that have 'abandoned ship'.

What is of greater concern is how Trump reacts. "When I am President, all this is going to stop'. Is that a warning? Is the potential leader of the free world focused on petty revenge against a free press or an economic slight which is well within the right and parameters of those that choose to do so? Will he push the nuclear button if Putin calls him a whiny little b****? The proper temperament and traditional professional decorum that is considered 'presidential' is absent.

Your thoughts 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos … p/?ref=yfp

1. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The fact that Trump is petty, childish and mean is well documented. I think we have ample evidence from his many comments during this campaign that he does not understand what, exactly, the limits on the powers of the presidency are.  So I do believe, if elected, he will use his position to lash out at any person or entity he feels has slighted him in some manner; at any time during his lifetime.  It does amaze me that he has gotten so far in this election cycle when these are simple observations which can be made at almost every time the man calls a press conference or opens his mouth to the press; so don't require any digging to be made aware of.  It fascinates me that he can so easily be caught in a flip flop of a lie and his supporters simply turn a blind eye to it and blame the press for reporting the news.

Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Everything that you have said about Trump, I agree with. But, all the civil disturbances and violence in San Jose against his supporters are uncalled for, though. The Trump people will blame Clinton or Sanders supporters, but I say that it is more anti-Trump than pro-Clinton or pro-Sanders.

I have heard from his followers that they don't care how he behaves or how many cheap con-man antics he is found involved in. The come back to me and say 'What about Hillary's e-mails'?

While HC has more skeletons in her closet than I feel comfortable with, Trump is unsuitable in virtually every way. It is the difference between allowing a 16 year old to drive my or car or a 2 year old...

I'd feel better about the comparison if you has said a 16 year old juvenile delinquent. The problems with HiIlary run deep and I fear she has as little respect for the laws of the land as does Trump.

I do agree that much of the violence can probably be attributed more to anti Trump ignorance than pro anyone else. And, I have noticed that it doesn't matter what Trump says or does the only response is a less than intelligent 'yeh, but Hilary is worse.' But, I suppose that has some truth to it. We only have two choices lining up and each difficult to stomach. We each determine which one is truly undigestible and learn to stomach the other.

Your fears are well founded, that is why Sanders has so much mileage and won't simply go away. We each will have to determine which candidate would provide the least indigestion, between either of the two that will have to turn your stomach at least a bit.

2. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Let's consider for a moment what Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee for President is saying.  He is asserting that when he is President, he will prevent a private organization from deciding where they want to locate their events, based on .... what?  Whether it personally offends him?  Do you Trump worshipers not see a problem with this?

This is just further evidence that he believes the world revolves around his desires, and that he will use the power of the presidency for petty personal gain, and that he thinks that is perfectly okay.

Yeah, Panther, I have considered it and it makes Donald Trump the most dangerous and irresponsible nominee for the Presidency since George Wallace. At least Wallace ran under a third party, this guy, Trump, carries the banner for entire Republican party, that says a lot...

2. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Dale Carnegie's family is one of the ruling families of the Globalists and played a big part in the agenda to brainwash academia, Schools and colleges...  Its well documented, well known.

Heads of the One World Order
    http://theglobalelite.org/globalists/#

Trump and Obama
    http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaemb … iginal.gif
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aIr_0hnsdI

Trump hasn't changed his views (1980 - 2015 video) and present.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxf1XmVZ9qY

You have to come up with something other than propaganda, Cred. 
    Trump certainly isn't the one who is a whiny little b____.  heehee

Propaganda? Not from the side I am sitting on....

Dale Carnegie, a globalist? Geez, the man has been dead for over 60 years. Just more stuff from people who congregate in the bushes. Rightwingers are so ridiculous, I guess Marco Polo was a globalist, too?

1. tirelesstraveler profile image61
        tirelesstravelerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you ever do public speaking and sales you should take a Dale C. Class. The most important thing I learned from him is every presentation whether speech or sales pitch has to have a hard fast beginning and an ending plan. Just saying that's what he is most famous for.

Thanks, had to do both at one time, the concept worked for so many aspects of life beyond selling things, like selling yourself. I learned from his book that I could get what I want by giving others what they wanted.  That was priceless advice to provide a kid who wanted to successfully work his way  around the world.

2. Credence2 profile image78

BTW, I did look at your links, Yes, Trump sounds a alot in 1980, like he sounds today, He just seemed so much more gentil, then.

Even if Carnegie is among the globalists as you link indicates, that doesn't mean that he cannot write a helpful publication. Hitler, burned all books written by Jews, the content of which were irrelevant. That is pure rightwing think.

What is your response regarding the PGA situation? Is the Washington Post propaganda, I take that over Breitbart. Carnegie or his political leaning have nothing to do with that.

We live in a global world, what are the rightwingers advocating, that we return to the Flintstones? Fred's rockquarry job had long since been outsourced to Mexirock.

And Trumpstone can't bring it back.

3. colorfulone profile image79

You would do yourself a favor exposing the corny capitalist commies.

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm dying to know, how is it possible to be a capitalist commie?

1. colorfulone profile image79
        colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That would be sad...keep breathing! 

Obama came out of the closet.
        "Obama: Forget The Difference Between Capitalism And Communism"
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BadFTesAPzY

(Cuba actually has better healthcare than the USA but that's ObamaCare)

4. colorfulone profile image79

After the judge on Trump University lawsuit released some court documents it was revealed everyone connected to this lawsuit has some MAJOR political issues with Trump.

Even as a federal judge rules against Donald Trump and today unsealed hundreds of documents related to the lawsuit against Trump University, a new bombshell in the case has just been revealed.
    Turns out, one of the two law firms representing plaintiffs in this case against Trump — coincidentally, appointed by the judge overseeing the case whom Trump has (it appears rightly) accused of being “hater” and “very hostile” — have some ties to Hillary and Bill Clinton.
    As in half a million dollars worth of ties.

As The American Spectator reports:
    It comes to light from LawNewz that the law firm Robbins Geller appointed by Judge Gonzalo Curiel to represent a plaintiff in the Trump University class action suits has another connection to Hillary Clinton beyond a $2700 campaign contribution from firm chairman Darren Robbins. LawNewz did not mention the firm’s connection to the Trump University case. The information was apparently retrieved from a Washington Post data base with the Clinton financial filings on file. (The Post itself has not reported on this connection.)

It seems that Robbins Geller “paid the Clintons nearly half a million dollars in less than a year.” Why? Speeches of course.

That’s right. One of the law firms picked by the Judge in the Trump University case — the very Judge Donald Trump accuses by name of anti-Trump bias — awarded this firm the case after — say again after — Hillary and Bill Clinton had been paid a cool $450,000 for two speeches by the firm.
    While one might have expected this connection to Trump’s presumed rival in the campaign to be called out as a potential conflict of interest, amazingly, this hasn’t happened — either in the courtroom or in the press.

And, of course, this isn’t the only connection in the case against Trump University that would raise eyebrows, at the very least, or lead one to wonder if this isn’t just a big charade — witch hunt — aimed at trashing the presumed GOP nominee.

As The American Spectator reports, several other key players in the lawsuit have some interesting ties to Democrats.

The judge Gonzalo Curiel himself, whose Hispanic heritage Trump has called out, is an Obama appointee and has been honored by “his leadership and support” to the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, whose purpose is to advance the cause of equality, empowerment and justice for, not all attorneys of any race, but specifically Latino attorneys and the Latino community in San Diego County.

http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/trump … e-is-more/

More than whining, ...exposing the corruption is more like it.

What is the name of the source you are referencing "Girls just wanna have guns", really now.

That is not authoritative in any way.

California is not the only state where the judge is bringing down the boom. What about New York, what is your excuse to explain the similar circumstance there? Right there in the heart of Trump's lair.

5. colorfulone profile image79

I don't read about what right-wingers are advocating because the corrupt establishment has been in a struggle to see Trump defeated. Paul Ryan said today he will vote for Trump, his office said that's as good as an endorsement.  Trump only cares about getting the peoples' endorsements though.  I'm not too keen on Ryan for bending over for Obama. 

Trump is a humble man, a nice man, smart, and tough. He loves America and there wasn't anyone else standing up who could fight the bullies and win, so he is.

Gosh, I'm not feeling well, goodnight.

1. GA Anderson profile image90
      GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Calling Trump a "humble man" might be the source of your "not feeling well."

I know that would have tilted my balance too.

GA

Please, do some research on what it means to humble yourself to God.  Try it!  It won't turn you into a feminist fairy.  Or, join the mockers who don't have a clue.  shrug

1. GA Anderson profile image90
          GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No thank you. I have enough research for my comfort level, and I am skeptical that you can provide any proof of Trump's humbleness - before God or Man. So once again we discover the discussion is about belief instead of fact.

GA

I'm going by what people who personally know Trump say about him being a humble man.  Also, I have listened to Trump a lot going back several years, and in my opinion he is a humble man before God.  I don't just listen with my ears, I use discernment by the Spirit to gain understanding. 

"God can't stand pious poses, but He delights in genuine prayers."
            Prov. 15-8

2. Live to Learn profile image61

Since it appears that Trump's god may be money, it could be somewhat true.

6. colorfulone profile image79

There is a dark-side of truth in the mind control operations that involve government agencies at many levels including DARPA, CIA, NSA, just to name a few.  Who exactly pulls the strings is well hidden.  The Bilderburge agenda?  It is evident to see how effective it is through MSM and major universities because of what it produces.  They are after our minds.  It is devilish! 

Trump is aware of the dark powers of the elites' he is up against. Even Jesus Christ dealt with evil doers harshly, he even whipped some guys. There is a season for everything and this isn't a season for Trump to be weak and turn the other cheek.  But, he knows its politics and when its all done he said he will let it go, that it might take some time to forgive, but he won't hold a grudge, because he likes to be happy and is it the right thing to do.  MSM won't show you how humble the man he is.

A lack of intellectual depth and curiosity is like a cancer...shallow people do turn a blind eye because they cannot see the truth. Keep them blinders on!  Kind of proves my point when I see someone constantly taking a swipe at Trump supporters.

The primary thing I lament on this sight is that there is no emoticon to designate a gag reflex.

2. Credence2 profile image78

I am not after Trump supporters as much as I am after Trump.

Bill Clinton provided this bit of oratory last May 27th:

“We all need to recognize that white, non-college-educated Americans have seen great drops in their income, have seen great increases in their unemployment rate, have seen drops in their life expectancy, and they need to be brought along to the future. But they can’t live under the illusion that you can reclaim a past which is just that — past. This country is always about the future,” Clinton said.

So, to those that think that Donald Trump can somehow 'turn back time', I have some great beachfront property in Colorado to sell you....

7. colorfulone profile image79

It is starting to look to me like the Hillary and Bill Clinton for the WH deal is switching to no deal, because of their corruption that Trump is exposing she is unelectable.  The press cannot censor a nominee running for the WH. 

CNN Politics:  How Donald Trump could win
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/31/politics/ … -election/

US election 2016: Hillary Clinton could lose Democratic nomination to Bernie Sanders
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world … 59076.html

*  Is the CIA getting ready to dump the Clintons?
    https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2016 … -clintons/

The Clintons: how Putin grabbed a fifth of all US uranium
    https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2016 … s-uranium/

8. colorfulone profile image79

Super delegates are switching over the Bernie! 
    People are seeing the truth about Hillary and Bill. 
    Thanks to Trump for giving it hell!

Thats news! where did you find it?

Perhaps speaking in faith to create the inevitable outcome here, and reading between the lines.  Like the Clinton News Network has been suppressing the truth about the rise of Bernie, and making it seem as though Hillary has a straight shot to the WH. 

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
        ~ George Orwell

MSNBC admits: "We'll SUPPRESS VOTING to help CLINTON on June 7th" | Bernie Sanders
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGG3DJAALkw

Well, that's one more cat out of the bag!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)