Is This Where We Are?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (21 posts)
  1. GA Anderson profile image89
    GA Andersonposted 7 years ago

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13012228.jpg

This meme has stuck with me. I removed the Obama reference to keep this from becoming an Obama bash/praise thread. Forget talking about who's fault it is.

Really folks? How true is this? With all the problems facing our nation - the top discussions are about who can use what bathroom!

I have sympathy for folks. I don't want to see anyone denigrated for choices they can't control. But with the serious issues that face us as a nation, both economically and globally, do you really think who can pee where is a major issue?

Our national prestige is now a Twitter poll? Facebook is our news source? Holy cow! Do you folks have a clue how silly you look to those of us that remember a non-internet tme?

And our politicians now make major policy statements with a 140 character Twitter Tweet!!!!!

Geesh! Where did all the adults go?

GA

1. AshtonFirefly profile image69
      AshtonFireflyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what issue in the United States could possibly be more important than where I choose to pee. Shame on you.

Just kidding.

I agree (although I did just write a lengthy debate with myself on this topic, in reply to another post on this, thereby making my agreement somewhat hypocritical.) Still, good point.

smile

GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for jumping in AshtonFirefly,

And thanks for indulging an ol' fart's lament concerning our current societal state of affairs. As a nation we are losing jobs - due to progress and societal change, we are losing national pride - due to the inevitable, (and in my view unstoppable), slide to globalization, and we are in a state of income inequality that even the Baptists among us are finding hard to defend, yet where we pee will soon become a Supreme Court decision!

Geesh! I am almost ready to go back in time to the 60s. At least then there were the good fights; like civil rights and gender equality.

GA

1. AshtonFirefly profile image69

True!

Everybody says they want to go back to the sixties.Makes me wish I was born thirty years earlier. Except then I wouldn't have had Playstation during my childhood. smile

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Welllll, some people want to go back to the 60s; others don't remember it so fondly.  Just a side note. Off topic.

Don't forget to note that I said almost ready to go back to the sixties. At least I knew where to pee then.

GA

1. profile image0

Noted. I suffer no confusion about where to pee. Weird, huh?

2. AshtonFirefly profile image69

What? So all these stories from my hippie parents about how amazing and fun the 60s was has been a lie?! yikes I've been disillusioned. Ah well. At least I'm not as jealous now.

1. profile image0

I'm sure those stories are true. Just sayin' some people have different stories, that's all. ,)

2. colorfulone profile image78
          colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There must be fractions among us to show who is just and unjust.
          Its the yin and the yang.  - Breathe...it can be stopped, Lord willing.
          Pray.

2. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

With ISIS continuing to behead those who refuse to follow their peaceful religion, and our Government not wanting to get involved, I can see why they needed something to work on.
      I can only imagine the meeting that took place allowing them to arrive at some issue they felt they could control.  They are fully aware that many citizens are upset because they never seem to accomplish anything, and here is their chance.
      It took great courage on the part of the one who suggested they get involved with making the rules on where a person should be able to "pee".  But after many hours of arguing to make us believe they were earning their pay they arrived at a decision.  Now we can "pee" in whichever restroom we want to.
      But that still doesn't give us the right to "pee" behind a tree in a city park or we will be arrested and forced to register as a pervert for the rest of our lives.
      I have often wondered what it would be like to "pee" in the ladies room, now I will get my chance to find out without fear of being arrested.  I can't wait for my next trip to the Target store.

3. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

To pee or not to pee, that is the question.

This controversy has got legs, no doubt. Capt. Picard certainly does not deal with such things in the 24th Century.

This LGBT bathroom thing in moving in a direction of general unisex bathrooms. I am not ready for all of this, yet.

I have a phobia about the concept of public restrooms, anyway.
      I would feel just that more uncomfortable having women sashaying about when men are using the urinals.

Flashback to West Germany in 1978. I was taken aback when female concierges and attendents were in the men's restroom. I guess I can't help to absorb some of the American sqeamishness about sex in general and interaction in this way in particular, relative to the 'liberated' European outlook. 

So urinals as we presently know them would disappear. The stalls would have to be more like sound studios or something. 

The last distinction that we once universally acknowledged as justifying separation between the sexes is now to disappear, such is the cost of progress?

1. profile image0

Well, by all means, let's not have any "sashaying about" in the restrooms.  That would be, uh, disturbing.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  ;-)

1. Credence2 profile image78
          Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

You're allowed....

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

Trees and bushes don't care.

And they're everywhere.

I don't understand why it's a big deal either.

Hey bud,

Thanks for popping in. I follow most of your threads and comments because you appear to understand the ridiculousness of self-importance. Bravo.

ps. I liked you last viral "Trump" email posts. It was good for a laugh.
      GA

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
        Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"I follow most of your threads and comments because you appear to understand the ridiculousness of self-importance. Bravo."

Are you encouraging him, GA? Especially since HE'S so HUMBLE and all! roll

Its all about taking control, GA, (as far as the issue at hand.)
          We are letting it! (The FED)

why again?
        'cause WE don't want the control?????

REALLY ????

Its an issue to FIGHT.
        Fight on!
        Using restroom of appropriate gender or sneaking into restroom of choice was fine before this. Who complained?
        WHO????

2. colorfulone profile image78

+1 ... but, I hope we will all be able to understand the morel degeneration that takes nations down.  It is the plan of the globalists and they make no bones about it.

3. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 7 years ago

I know it's a joke, but are you even slightly unsure which bathroom to use? 

And I'm with you. I don't care who is in the stall next to me as long as they behave themselves.

1. colorfulone profile image78

+1 ... there is always plan B?

4. NBYomi profile image78
    NBYomiposted 7 years ago

And this is why I don't bother with politics. This is an issue drummed up by a small minority that happens to be rather loud... The rest of us who aren't as boistrous already know what bathroom to use and don't really care for such nonsense.

But this is giving the government something ELSE to waste time with instead of tending to the poor, needy, those in need of an education or a job, and war wounded vets. So waste time they shall.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)