I ask again

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)
  1. sleepylog profile image60
    sleepylogposted 7 years ago

I have asked this question before and never got a reply.
    I would like to know why the Amazon and Ebay capsules are given to us to use in our hubs if they're only going to be deleted when our hubs are reviewed by hubpro? Why put us through the frustration of finding out that relevant Amazon and Ebay capsules were removed without so much as a reason why????? If it's because there are multiple capsules, could not just at least one be left? No, they are all deleted. I find that very frustrating and confusing. Please don't provide us resources to use if you won't want us to use them.

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This is something you should ask HQ.

I go through any edited hubs and put the necessary capsule (singular) back in. One of mine, which generates good sales, had its Amazon capsules taken away and replaced by a tiny text link. It used to have three Amazon capsules, but I figured you only need one for people to click through.

So far none of my re-edited hubs has been rejected.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are making a generalization that does not apply realistically to what is happening.  Far too many writers here have abused the placement of ads and created huge amounts of spam.  This is one of the reasons the site has had problems with Google and is also one of the reasons HP has created the niche sites.

If you properly use ads and keep their numbers low, they will not be snipped.  If you have a problem with a snipped ad, you can always contact the team to explain why you needed that ad. I have found them to be most reasonable about this.

People complain a lot about the ads being snipped, but if this is happening, most likely it is because they are misusing them.

Hope this helps you to understand and also answers your question.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

TT2, it's not true to say "If you properly use ads and keep their numbers low, they will not be snipped."

You know that I'm very well aware of the way to use Amazon capsules and use them with great care, yet I've still had them snipped.

I can fully understand the OP's frustration because it is, indeed, getting to the point where I wonder why HubPages doesn't just remove the Amazon and eBay capsules - they seem to be so afraid of them.  In fact, several times Robin has referred to them as "risky" and has asked whether using an Amazon capsules was worth "the risk".   That's a distortion of the facts - Google has clearly said that a well-chosen, relevant affiliate ad is not a risk at all - but it's what HubPages believes and that belief seems unshakeable.

I know the background - that too many Hubbers used Amazon capsules wrongly and excessively.  But it is frustrating that HubPages is going to the other extreme.  That's a common human mistake - e.g. we're told too much salt is bad, so some people obsessively remove all salt from their diet, (which is dangerous as it's essential to health). 

However, it's their site - so it's a case of take it or leave it.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

and yet I checked one of the OP's hubs to see how this person was using ads, and it was totally incorrect!

It should be clear by now that the team does not want tons of ads on articles, even if they are properly used. They advise that this is not necessary and is risky to do, which is why they limit them.

I have only had one real problem with snipping, which was when a hub was moved to the niche sites.  I wrote the team and was able to return two of the four to the article and the other two stayed on there as in text links.

I fully understand why they want to place limitations on ads and am able to see why this happens, even in my own case.

Thus, my response to the OP.

If the OP's ads were used incorrectly, then that's a different subject.  I was answering your claim that correctly chosen ads will not be snipped.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

The reason I mentioned this is that many here often complain about this issue, but when you look at their hubs, the ads are all wrong.  It's no wonder they get snipped, and I am surprised that this doesn't happen more often.

Why you had that particular problem, I don't know.  Did you discuss it with the team?  If not, it's worth a try.  I know how talented you are with ads, so do wonder why yours got snipped.  Perhaps you just had too many of them?

My Hubs are not important enough to me to waste time emailing about details. 

I'm just pointing out that HubPages DO snip perfectly legitimate Amazon capsules.  You (and others) have proved that, by being able to add back capsules that were snipped.  If they weren't perfectly legitimate, you wouldn't be able to add them back in - so what were they thinking, snipping them in the first place?

The OP is complaining that staff are snipping for no good reason.  In her case, maybe they were correct to snip - but the fact is, they DO snip for no good reason sometimes, and your experience proves it.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 7 years ago

There is a right way to use these capsules and a wrong way.  Be sure to read the blog post that outlines the difference.

http://hubpages.com/community/forum/127 … -capsules-

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Here is the actual deal, so pay attention: HP staff are encouraging YOU and everyone to use TEXT LINKS for amazon ads.

Do I know why? Well, if HP staff are all encouraging something. It is logical to assume it is for business purposes. So do amazon ads with TEXT LINKS.

If you do not know how to do this, we can help you. I will help you.

The caveat for me is they do not have ebay set up to where I can do a text link to an ebay product.

4. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 7 years ago

I've noticed all of the Amazon and eBay ads I put on Hubs that were transferred to niche sites were snipped. So were the links, even the ones that just went to informational stuff. I also don't see the point in giving us the option of using Amazon and eBay when we are not allowed to use them; effectively not allowed anyway, when they are being deleted. It's not really logical. I realize someone is going to say Well you can put the ads back on after they're snipped; but that's silly really. Lots of unnecessary actions.

I don't care about the Amazon and eBay ads all that much. I left the Hubs the way they were after they were snipped. But it still doesn't make sense to me to allow people to use those ads and then get rid of them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)