I need feedback please on my hub.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)
  1. dragonangel16137 profile image41
    dragonangel16137posted 7 years ago

I have done what I can think of to change my hub,  i am trying to publish.  I have taken out all links.  I have added pictures and polls and it looks better then my one hub I have already published. But it STILL doesn't approve my hub for publication.  Can someone PLEASE tell me exactly what I am doing wrong here with this hub, so I can finally get it approved and featured!!???

http://hubpages.com/community/Showing-d … ise-online

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's overly vague and just a plug for your self-published book on web advertising. 

If you're trying to get people to buy your book about free advertising methods, why don't you apply the methods in your book to advertise your book? 

https://media1.giphy.com/media/Hqtw4vzrni8cU/200_s.gif

dragonangel16137posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it was overly vague, it has places you can go to advertise like the article says and I also don't have a link directly to my book in the article, so not sure why you are saying that, but I guess thanks anyway for the feedback.

2. dragonangel16137 profile image41

Also i do use all of those to advertise.  I was writing this article to SHOW others, but took the affiliate links of mine out so others can still find the sites and signup even if not under me.

2. erorantes profile image49
      erorantesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hello miss dragon. The content of your article is excellent. You can still add extra information to give your hub extra power. There are a few things hub pages does not accept. I will give you a little help. Capital letters in any paragraph is not accept by the program. You need to check your punctuation. You need to check your spaces. Good luck with your hub.

Ok thank you I will go through and try and change those!!  thanks so much!!

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

One word of advice:  If you ask hubbers for help, don't waste their time by arguing with them about their comments or trying to explain them away.

Obviously this hub has issues.  Listen to the advice and fix what is wrong if you want it to become featured.

ok first of all i wasn't arguing I said thank you for the feedback anyway when I stated about why they thought there was problems.  I have gone back and changed what was suggested by everyone. 

So if you think my  tone was being argumentative I apologize as it wasn't meant to be.  I was stating back what they said was wrong and really didn't understand even with their feedback how it could of been construed as some of problems they were saying.  IE:  Spammy links, as I have none on the hub.  If  someone sees any that I may have missed certainly please tell me and I will correct them.  Another-- when they posted from the hubpages thing itself the title was for being overly promotional and THAT ISN'T what it was being denied for.  It was denied for more improvement.

So please don't say I was arguing with them when I was just trying to verify to others WHY it wasn't approved from their observations.

4. dragonangel16137 profile image41

Thank you to all that have given me feedback.  I don't think my two hubs I have are going to be published after all. 

The Halloween dessert one I had that was featured is now NOT featured (even though it was featured for going on two years) as it says needs improvement now as well.  I unfortunately may have to give up my hubbing career for something different. 

Why is it so hard to get a hub featured when you THINK you are following what you are suppose to do from the rules?  sad  When it was squidoo I had no problems getting my lenses accepted.  sad

If I have to move on to another site, I want to say thanks again for the help I did receive thus far and sorry again if anyone thought I was being argumentative.  smile

5. dragonangel16137 profile image41

YAY!!!  I finally got both of my hubs featured!!  Thanks so much for all the feedback that you all did give and I did make the corrections on!!  It truly does help to keep pounding away at it til you get it right!!!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

First impression before even getting to the rest of the article, that title is awkward as hell and waaaayyy too wordy.

ok thank you I will try changing that hopefully that helps!!

3. julieann26 profile image85
    julieann26posted 7 years ago

The main reason your hub has not been published is that it is overly promotional.  This is from the FAQ about spammy links...

My Hub was moderated for being overly promotional; what does that mean?

Purely promotional offers and Hubs designed only to promote other sites or businesses are not allowed. In particular, the following actions are likely to get your Hubs identified as overly promotional:

including more than 2 links to any one domain
        keyword stuffed: repeatedly emphasizes words or phrases (often times with bold or italics)
        short "teasers" with links to "read more" at another site
        solely promotes a product, site, program, organization, or service
        including links to a page that contains largely the same content as your Hub

Please note that promotional links are links that you have any interest in promoting (your blog, your Website, affiliate offers, etc.). Links to well-known Web resources which you don't have any personal interest in (like Wikipedia, news sites, encyclopedias, open directories, etc.) are exempt from this limitation.

Again as I said to the other poster, there is NO LINKS or keywords, in my article so not sure how it can be considered "spammy" if there are no links??

2. dragonangel16137 profile image41

Also they didn't say it was for spammy links as to why it wasn't approve it just says needs improvement.  But thanks for your feedback anyway.

4. john000 profile image93
    john000posted 7 years ago

Well said.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

The rules have changed and will probably continue to change.  The link doesn't work for me, when a hub is unpublished they email you a special link that can be used to share the hub here.

ok thank you for letting me know psycheskinner smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)