Should We Ban Muslims, Gay People and Reinstitute Slavery?

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Sychophantastic profile image85
    Sychophantasticposted 7 years ago

According to a recent CBS News poll:

75% of Republicans support banning Muslims from the country

According to a recent APPP poll:

33% of Republicans support banning gays and lesbians from the country
    20% of Republicans said that Lincoln should not have freed the slaves

What do you make of these results?

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well there is 15 times more Muslim than America Republicans in the world.
      That vote would be cancelled in a true democracy.

About 8 times more gays in the world than Americans Republicans. No contest.

Most Americans are already living in economics slavery.

2. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your first problem is listening to CBS news polls . Second , you probably believe this rhetoric anyway so , why ask why ?    After all  none of it s true !

Sychophantasticposted 7 years agoin reply to this

These are two different polls. So basically, if you don't agree with the information or feel it's not correct, then you conclude it's not true? Same with climate change, I presume? What should I listen to? Breitbart? Drudge report? I don't know the exact methodology of the polling, but I presume they asked a particular question and got a particular answer.

Incidentally, what percentage of convention Republicans do you think support banning all Muslims from the country?

2. Sychophantastic profile image85
        1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You do realize that polling a small geograpahical area does not represent the country?  And that your other two links do not support the statement that "75% of Republicans support banning Muslims from the country"?

So you don't buy the CBS poll either? The others just support the assumption of the first that a large number of Republicans support the notion.

The poll may be right or it may not - what I said is that none of them support your wild claims.  And they don't.

One is about ONLY Texans (from both parties), and the other two about stopping immigration by Muslims, not banning them from the country.

It might pay you to actually read and understand the polls before you draw wild conclusions from ones that don't say what you claim they do.

We're having a disconnect. I was just using links to support the Muslim ban part.

The first link says clearly "half of Americans support the ban. 71% of Republicans support it and 84% of Trump supporters do."

The second link says 67% of all Republicans support a temporary ban.

The third link says that 53% of Texas registered voters support the ban. I really just used that one to show that Brietbart had something related to what the CBS poll was saying.

No they don't.  They mention a temporary halt to Muslim immigration, though - do you think banning all muslims (including American citizens that are Muslim) is the same as a temporary halt to Muslims immigrating to the country?

You might ask some of those Muslim citizens if THEY think it is the same....

Here's a poll that suggests one in five South Carolina Republicans supports banning homosexuals from the country:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/ … errifying/

The response to my original question was basically "oh, that's not true". I'm just providing very easy evidence that there's plenty out there to corroborate the first poll results. Unless you believe that nothing is true unless you believe it to be true and then it's pretty much impossible on any subject to provide any evidence that's at all convincing.

There are 80 countries where homosexually is illegal, making it seem plausible.

Yet I think it unstoppable and stupid to try to stop other kinds love relationships. Just because of the Bible's unsure thoughts about gays, yet not  Constitutionally right to do so..

2. wilderness profile image95

You do understand that if you carefully choose the right group that a poll will show anything you wish it to?  Bet if you stay to the western side of SC and out of any city over 10,000 you could raise the figure to at least 5 of 10.  And if you cherry picked only the ones you wish to hear from it could go as high as 10 out of 10.

And if you limited it to Democrats found in the same locale you'd get the same results.  Or, if you set the parameters to Republicans that are not Christians, 0 of 10 - did it occur to you that you're checking predominately radical Christians that vote Republican?  Maybe the problem is Christianity, not conservatism.

3. Sychophantastic profile image85

I did find this poll from a right-wing site:

http://redstatewatcher.com/poll.asp?id=570

I do recognize that we are probably talking about support of a temporary ban. It's unclear whether the poll was asking about permanently banning muslims.

From your links:

"A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 67% of Likely Republican Voters favor a temporary ban on all Muslims entering the United States until the federal government improves its ability to screen out potential terrorists from coming here."

"A new poll shows that 50 percent of all American voters support a temporary ban on Muslims traveling to the U.S. — an idea originally proposed by GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump.  " (Temporary, then, until proper vetting as proposed by Trump)

"The Texas Tribune/University of Texas poll finds that 53 percent of Texas’ registered voters claim to “somewhat” or “strongly support” Trump’s proposal to ban non-U.S. citizen Muslims from entering the country. " (Temporary, then, until proper vetting as proposed by Trump)

So all three were about a temporary ban on Muslim immigration and travel only - those that are American citizens are welcome to stay.  A very far cry from what you claimed - did you read the articles before posting that all Muslims were to be banned and deported?

Yes, temporary ban. You're right though, this was badly worded and ill-conceived. I asked Hubpages to take it down as misleading. I've posted another forum topic that is way more specific and hopefully fair. My apologies.

3. profile image52
            Setank Setunkposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are wasting your time Wilderness. These two are Liberal Trolls nothing more.

1. profile image0
              ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Liberal trolls !   Is right , all bans proposed by Trump ARE temporary , THAT HAS BEEN CLEARLY STATED FROM THE BEGINNING . The more I learn about these  extreme liberals  , the more I realize THEY are the ones who should be banned !

LIBERALS ARE NEVER INTERESTED IN ANY CURES , THIER ONLY INTEREST IS  PERSONAL ATTENTION !

3. profile image52
      Setank Setunkposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Typical Liberal lies and hate mongering. You should be barred from publishing here.

When America invaded almost 7 countries in 7 years who is doing the hate mongering. I don't care about politicians, it's the Israel projects pulling the strings and brainwashing Americans multi media.

Deep down most Americans don't want war.

Very Trump of you:

1. Deny the problem
        2. Accuse the other side of the thing you are being accused of
        3. Attack

3. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Not banned. The threads started by this Hubber are so childish and ridiculous no adult could take him seriously. He's funny.

It's 75% of Republicans in South Carolina want Muslims banned from the country.

And is it so far-fetched to think that many Republicans would like to see homosexuals banned from the country? Some evangelicals talk about exterminating them. And the Republican platform contains lots of anti-LBGQT language. I guess I could assert that Republicans hate gay people, but perhaps it's more fair to say that they generally do not want them to have equal rights under the law.

4. Live to Learn profile image60

I think NBC takes some ignorant polls and probably more than a few people saw it as such and answered a stupid question with a stupid answer. I would have. Why take such nonsense seriously?

Oh, I don't know. Because their presidential nominee supports it?

1. Live to Learn profile image60

NBC's presidential nominee? Supports what? Polls or slavery?

The Republican nominee supports banning Muslims.

So, there are people who support banning muslims. I know people who support it. I understand their position. I respect it, just don't agree with it.

Think about it. Say we end up with massive, wanton violence by independent terrorist cells and lone malcontents. What do you think will happen to our civil liberties and our freedom? In order to maintain order, in such a scenario our society will have to go into virtual marshall law.

I can't turn my back on my values but I can see their point. Their fears are not unwarranted or unfounded.

True, fear of Muslims is unwarranted and unfounded.

Just stop invading the Middle east and all will be find.

Your two statements seem to be slightly at odds.

When America military throws up red flags all around the world and Funds it and guns ISSI.
                    To create the wars they want in order to own the World.
                    Nothing to do about humanity aids or Muslim attacks on the US.

2. wilderness profile image95

Proof, please, that Trump would ban all Muslims?

Nope, you're right. I misread the original data. The CBS exit poll was in South Carolina where 75% of respondents supported banning Muslims from the country entirely. They're nuts in SC. Still, pretty scary.

The poll results about homosexuals though was among Trump supporters. So, my bad there. Definitely too quick to see what I wanted to see.

That said, the results still suggest a very disturbing trend.

It was shocking when Trump went 10℅ higher in the polls when he bans Muslim from coming into the Country.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)