How many of you here were here 6 years ago?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (49 posts)
  1. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image87
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 7 years ago

I've been missing in action for quite a while. I think the last time I participated or discussed anything in the forums was probably 4 years ago. I've missed everyone! I am friends with a ton of you on Facebook, but I don't remember anyone's user names. I'm wondering if a lot of the originals who were here while I was here are gone or if they're still around? Are the forums still hostile? That's why I left in the first place - it went from a community of helpful writers and wonderful fun to angry discussions and rampant fighting. Anyway, to those who know me - HEY! It's been a while! And to those who don't know me - Hey! It's nice to meet you! XD

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I was here back then. I don't believe we got to know each other though.

BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's lovely to meet you! I can't wait to dive into your hubs big_smile

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
          Barbara Kayposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Becca. I'll do the same with yours.

I'm excited to read more of yours! You have a lot of content I find fascinating!

2. PegCole17 profile image93
      PegCole17posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hello and welcome back. I was here but I never got to know you. I'm looking forward to catching up with your work.

Hiya! It seems like I remember your name, but I can't remember your work right offhand. I'm gonna go read your hubs again to familiarize myself with you again! XD

3. Ann810 profile image51
      Ann810posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've been on Hubpages going on 6 years now. I have activity almost daily on Hubpages rather in "Q&A's" forums, or adding new hubs. I rarely "hop-hubs" in the accounts feature. I just wish that more of my hubs are chosen for the new niche sites. So far, I have about 7 articles chosen for the niche sites. I like to write, this is why I gravitate toward this site daily.

I've noticed that the forums have calmed down quite a bit. That makes me happy. When I first began here waaaaay back in 2008, I was a lurker. Everyone was so wonderful to each other and genuinely wanted to help. If they had critiques, they were always given with the utmost respect. Then somewhere along the line the critiques went from respectful to downright insulting and people started attacking one another. I couldn't stand it anymore so I just dipped out. Forget it, it wasn't even worth it anymore. I got tired of hearing how my poetry sucked and my humor articles weren't funny. But I decided to give it another go because I missed writing so much! Now it seems like everyone has calmed down and the worst folks are long gone. Hooray! Now we can have respectful, constructive conversations again!

1. Ann810 profile image51
          Ann810posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, there are many of us that actually like respectful conversation. It's one thing to "agree to disagree" and then there's trolls bullying someone.

There are going to be people that like our articles or style of writing, and there will be people that don't like it. Those that don't like it, shouldn't comment on it. It's like, if you don't like what you're watching on TV, well turn the channel. You have to see it in that form.

I agree wholeheartedly! Excellent way to look at it!

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I was here then but I must admit, I don't recall you either.

I stayed away from the topical forums even then.

The forums became so hostile and angry it seemed. There were certain hubbers who just wanted to pick fights no matter what you posted. I got tired of the trolling, so I dipped out. I remember your name, I think, so I need to go back and read your work again! XD

1. gmwilliams profile image85
        gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The topical forums aren't so contentious now.  Many people have been permanently banned from the forums so the mood is much calmer now.

That's awesome. XD Now I'm really happy I came back!

3. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Hi1, I was here

I remember you, sunforged. I read your hubs often!

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

Hi, I was here then as well - over 9 years now.

I remember you very well Patti! I've spent many hours reading your work! You're a wonderful writer!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your very kind words!

I spelled your name wrong. Sorry about that LOL! I'm bad about putting I's at the end of names instead of Y's. I would do that even if I knew their names ended in a Y. Just a weird Becca thing, I guess. Anyway, you're very welcome!

5. Denmarkguy profile image83
    Denmarkguyposted 7 years ago

I've been here almost 10 years... but I haven't spent that much time on the forums.

I don't remember you, but I'll definitely go read them now! Pleasure to meet you!

6. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

I am here for almost 8 years now. But my communication in the forums have been very limited.

I definitely remember you, Anamika! I've read many of your hubs as well XD

7. Atcelle profile image61
    Atcelleposted 7 years ago

Hiii BeccaHubbardWoods, My name is Marcelle ( atcelle) it is wonderful to meet you, I hope that you stay this time and don't let the ignorance of the ignorant upset you, just ignore them Okay smile

Hey Marcelle! Beautiful name! You can call me just Becca XD You wouldn't believe how much one can grow in 6 years. Especially learning to ignore trolls on the internet (keyboard warriors)! Now, water off a duck's back LOL. I had to learn to not take everything to heart in the forums because I considered fellow writers friends. But, can't please them all and you can't make everyone a friend. Some folks just wanna be hostile to get a reaction. So I'm gonna ignore the forum trolls this time and focus on writer friends XD

1. Atcelle profile image61
        Atcelleposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank You Becca smile Yes! Ignore the trolls and do your meaningful works smile Have a wonderful Day/ Night smile

8. WryLilt profile image90
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

I've been around since early 2010 if that counts? smile

I remember you well. XD I've read much of your work, and I look forward to reading more!

9. ProBeatStudio profile image61
    ProBeatStudioposted 7 years ago

I was, but not on this account

What was your name before this one?

10. Richard-Bivins profile image79
    Richard-Bivinsposted 7 years ago

I was here but was using Livewithrichard as my username.

Your previous username seems familiar to me. I'm sure I've read your work before, or at least met up with you somewhere on here. XD

11. earner profile image82
    earnerposted 7 years ago

I've been here over 10 years.  I've not been a frequenter of the forums though as I find the layout/style long-winded and confusing, so a "sucker up of time". 

smile

Well, I'm going to check out some of your hubs right now, as I can't remember your username. XD Looking forward to diving in!

12. ddsurfsca profile image71
    ddsurfscaposted 7 years ago

Hello,
      I have been writing here for six going on seven years.

Hi ddsurfsca! I don't remember you, either, but I'm looking forward to reading your hubs!

1. ddsurfsca profile image71
        ddsurfscaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have almost 200 hubs and I did frequent forums, but there was a 2 yr. period of time that I didn't have a computer, and my phone wasnt a very good way to write anything.  But, I am back.  I have a lot of editing to do before I can get anything new written here, but that is how it goes sometimes.  I remember you, I think.

I bet I'll remember you when I go back and read your hubs. I was more into poetry and humor writing back then. I've had a lot of my humor articles pulled lately and that bums me out because I took a lot of time and thought into making them work. But whatever. I'm trying to look for another place to put my poetry now because I see HP isn't real poet friendly anymore, and that's cool. I just don't want to lose any of my work. Anyway, it's great to see you and I can't wait to reacquaint myself with you XD

13. TeriSilver profile image95
    TeriSilverposted 7 years ago

I think it was 2010 when I started on HP. There's been a lot of improvement on the site since then, but there's also been some negatives, too; the latest regarding niche sites, snip editing and a lack of ways to arbitrate disagreements. Editors should be working  with writers, not against them. But the site is fighting a changing internet world and must do what it can to stay current and productive.  The administrators do get involved with us, which is a real plus.  Still, all the flattery in the world (on both sides)  doesn't resolve the problems.

I've noticed a huge change. A ton of my articles are being pulled for niche sites, mostly Delishably. That's totally cool with me, though, but I've noticed a huge difference in the changes editors make. One will change something to one thing and another will change the same thing to something else. It kind of makes my articles look messy since different editors are changing the exact same layout to different appearances. But I'm not complaining. It's nice to be praised on a job well done.

14. Babbyii profile image75
    Babbyiiposted 7 years ago

Started on HP in 2008 too Becca. Never had the pleasure of reading your work. Lots of illness and other life issues through the years have made me an absentee.

I hope you're doing well now! I look forward to getting to know your work! XD

15. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 7 years ago

I have been here almost seven years, but don't recall your name. So obviously our paths never crossed.

Well it's a pleasure to finally meet you, Jodah! Even if we have been on the same site for several years together XD

1. Jodah profile image92
        Jodahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Same here, Becca. Nice to make your acquaintance.

16. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

Been here for 8+, your name sounds familiar.

I think I remember you from the forums, Rochelle. Your name is definitely familiar!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)