"A Basket of deplorables " The REAL Hillary is showing ?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

This is what I've said all along !      Now the reality and truth surfaces ,"... A basket of deplorables .........." .......Well Hillary  , that basket of "deplorable" people  is about to bite you where it counts ,  . You stole the democratic primary , you've lied about  everything you have or haven't done from the beginning . And now as the exhaustion  of the real election  settles over you ,  you finally tell the truth about your opinion of everyone who disagrees with you , .    Welcome to reality America .

What do they call it ............ A Freudian Slip of the tongue ?

1. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hillary claimed she misspoke about her deplorables comment. BUT, she must really like this thought process as she has publicly made this same statement more than once about millions of Americans that support Trump.

Hillary said the same disrespectful thing a day prior in an Israel press interview.   

She has to be totally desperate to say something so divisive and hateful about American voters. 

Her apology came ONLY due to the backlash.
      Her foolish heart is darkened.  Lies, lies, lies!

"The truth of the matter is that the men and women who support Donald Trump's campaign are hard-working Americans, farmers, coal miners, teachers, veterans, members of our law enforcement community, members of every class of this country, who know that we can make America great again," Mike Pence says responding to Hillary Clinton's comments about Donald J. Trump supporters.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
      Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"has to be totally desperate to say something so divisive and hateful about American voters."  Hillary?  Have you heard a word Donald has said in the last year?  I'm beginning to think Trump supporters aren't so much deplorable - but delusional.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
      Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Stole the democratic party"?  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  Hillary won her nomination the same way Obama won his - super delegates.  That is the system the democrats have - to avoid something happening to them like the republicans have had happen to them this time.  If the R's had them - they would have been spared Trump.

4. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your not going to believe this, but the deplorable comment by Clinton was because:

Something that most meme-lovers know is that once their pet meme is embraced by “normies,” or people like Clinton who don’t get internet culture, it is no longer cool. For this reason, Clinton’s demonization of Pepe may actually be the thing that keeps the smug frog going forever.

PePe the Frog is now being labeled as a symbol for white supremacists. 

"How a Harmless Frog Became a 'Nazi Symbol': Pepe’s an Issue in US Election"
      *   https://sputniknews.com/us/20160913/104 … acism.html

Clinton has continued to attempt to portray a large portion of Trump’s millions of supporters and the alt-right (a group of people with varying politics, but appearing to have as their main theme freedom of speech) as the scourge of humanity, with the now infamous “basket of deplorables” line.

lol  Hillary, now has a full page on her website dedicated to PePe the Frog in her presidential campaign.  Its like she is trying to reach the minds of nine year old Americans.   Are voters that dumbed down? 

*   https://www.hillaryclinton.com/post/don … explainer/

Sounds delusional.
      http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13193465.jpg
      HILLARY DECLARES WAR ON PEPE THE FROG
      Embattled candidate calls cartoon frog "sinister"
      *   http://www.infowars.com/hillary-declare … -the-frog/

This is ridiculously funny!   What a joke! 
      Don't forget the "alt-right" Hillary made up.
      This really is very creative though.

2. aasl profile image54
    aaslposted 7 years ago

Oh yeah absolutely! It's no secret that she considers other Americans her enemies including NRA members and other conservative/libertarian groups. Even other democrats feel her wrath.

Please take a moment to follow my page based on homeland security. Thank you!

3. profile image0

There is far , far more truth  about how Hillary feels about ALL OTHERS  in her words than even she realizes , obviously  her sense of  self worth is far, far above that  of her constituency .  I have seen all along how her  elitist attitude   seeps from her every pore . Why in the world  those of you who cannot see that  are blinding yourselves to it , I can't understand .

"A Basket of Deplorables "    Is simply how she views everyone below her and her Clinton Foundation !

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've seen you say much worse about liberals, which are a much larger percentage of the population than half of Trump supporters, which is what Hillary said.  Do your standards apply to yourself?  Do they apply to Trump, who calls large swaths of people much worse than "deplorable"?

Oh, I get it.  It's only awful when Hillary does it.  For the record, based on the Trump supporters here on these forums, I'd say she isn't too far off the mark.  She really ought to stick to her guns on this one.  Even my Republican husband agrees with her, and he can't stand Hillary Clinton.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well Hillary has said about enough hasn't she , one Freudian slip  and  the world falls apart right ?  Don't take it personal that  she is falling in the polls ,  it isn't your fault , don't go on the defensive  . That statement from trump would have disqualified him from the election process , no ?

Just how is it that you totally ignore her  racism  , her bias , her total  bigotry  and yet .......turn the blame for it  right back onto Trump ?  Was that a  curriculum requirement in your government service  .?

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I was referring only to her comment that about half of Trump supporters are the deplorables, or something to that effect, a comment that I don't view as inaccurate, and I stated so.  The evidence in its favor is right here on these forums, with Trump supporters posting lies and BS and not even acknowledging when they're caught or proven wrong.  Deplorable describes it pretty well.  Do you have a direct response to any of that, or do you just want to try and change the subject again?

4. Alternative Prime profile image56
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

"Basket of DEPLORABLEs"......Um......I'm not quite sure what other "EXPLETIVE" other than PERHAPs "EVIL" more Accurately "Describes & DEFINEs" the "Klu Klux Klan" which is Gleefully PEDDLING "Racist Trump" ~ sad ~

I'm Confident a TINY Minority of Americans Truly Believe in their DARK Little MINDs that "The KLAN" is filled with "FINE Respectable Human Beings", but I'm also VERY Confident that the VAST Majority of Citizens would STRONGLY Disagree with that Delusional Conclusion ~ smile ~

Lastest POLL ~ 97% of African Americans REJECT Donald with 3% UNDECIDED ~

5. KatyWhoWaited profile image82
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 7 years ago

The real "all of us" is showing.  The truth of the matter is that those on the right think those on the left are a basket full of deplorables who they call "unpatriotic" "un-Christian" "elitist" "bleeding hearts" "stupid" "lacking common sense"   Those on the left think those who deny global warming, can't see the effects of the 1%, don't see the effects of dismantling unions, cheat on taxes, hold narrow-minded views, see all government as evil - are deplorable.  We just don't call each other deplorable in person because we know that what we see in others as deplorable is only PART of what is good in them.  When it comes down to it, I view some of my best friends as having deplorable politics. They want to escape into things that are pleasant to talk about, use illogical arguments and want to feel God will take care of everything.  They listen to music in the car instead of turning on to anything that will help to give both sides of an issue.  They watch "Dancing With the Stars" anything that would help inform them of what is going on in the world.  Today hundreds of people were bombed in Syria - little children.  I doubt one of us here on hubpages is going to sit down and figure out what we can do to force a cease fire.  So is that deplorable?  Yes.  Am I deplorable?  Yes.  I try not to be, but I like to be entertained and be comfortable and have fun.  So the real "all os us" in my opinion is deplorable and we better do better because it's the right thing to do.

6. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Well, I have news for Hillary.

The millions of pro-lifers standing against her abortion extremism are not deplorable. Hillary’s callous disregard for innocent human life is what’s deplorable – for three key reasons:

1. She supports abortion up until the day of birth of the child.
    2. She has pledged to increase funding to the nation’s largest abortion business, Planned Parenthood.
    3. She has promised to repeal the Hyde Amendment, forcing all Americans to pay for abortions on-demand.

Abortion is deplorable.

And forcing pro-life Americans to pay for abortions is deplorable.

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/09/12/how- … -to-birth/

Amen!

1. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What might be more deplorable is forcing your beliefs onto an unwilling human being. What is more deplorable is a callous disregard for the rights of women to make their own choices concerning their own bodies.

1. profile image0

That in itself would be fine !   What most  people against abortion  know well however  , IS  that the cost of the abortion machine is covered by others than those obtaining them !
        Everyone should look at the statistics of who's getting the majority of them .

You tell me. As cold hearted as this may sound; what costs the tax payers more? Helping a woman in poverty with an unplanned pregnancy or footing the bill for a child born in poverty who may, in all likelihood, stay in poverty for their entire lifetime? Because the costs of that also are covered by others. And let's not forget the push by these people against abortion to ensure that insurance companies don't cover the procedure. Women are pushed into a position of asking for help if they don't have the resources at the time.

Sorry because, again, this will sound cold hearted. Until we come up with a better solution for raising people out of poverty into the position of contributing citizens the money going into Planned Parenthood is money well spent. And, as long as the religious right is hell bent on attempting to hog tie women with their attempts to create laws in opposition to the spirit of Roe vs Wade you can guarantee that your complaint on this point will fall on not deaf ears but ears which can't understand the hypocrisy of your position.

1. profile image0

"The Hypocrisy of your position "............ You .Might check on the hypocrisy of  Roe vs. Wade, for one  , and on the accepted belief that nothing can prevent aborting a child -attitude of yours !

One , In the last five years alone abortion has grown by a margin that includes fully one quarter of all abortions to date . , 

Two ,   Jane Roe now works as an advocate of ANTI abortionists , dedicating her life to overturn  the law  THAT SHE HELPED TO CREATE !

Three , more black children are killed  IN THE WOMB by abortion , than by any other cause whatsoever , check the facts  !

Four ,  At what point do we start paying taxes  for individual accountability ? I'd rather pay to educate than  pay to clean up your clinical solution  and the  unfortunate circumstances of unwanted kids.

Now who has the position of hypocrisy?

I'm not an advocate of abortion. I'm an advocate of a woman's right to choose. What with insurance companies willing to foot the bill for men's virility pills and not for women's birth control there's no wonder that there is a growing problem.

As to Jane Roe. That is usually the gist of it. A woman wants the right to choose when she is younger and many who had abortions regret it. Then, they fight to deny other women the same right they took advantage of. Oh, the hypocrisy.

No one is killing kids in the womb. Women are having abortions. These are called fetuses. Not babies. I'm not asking black women to have abortions. I am advocating their right to that choice. If you care so much perhaps you can start some programs to help educate these women so that when they do get pregnant they can see some hope of a brighter future for that child. Maybe then they wouldn't consider abortion? I don't know.

I see in four you state you are willing to pay to educate. Perhaps you could 'adopt' a poor pregnant woman? Pay for her education? Or, maybe you could just adopt some of those kids you say are unwanted?

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

There are other issues this country is facing.  Abortion is not going to change in our lifetimes because the majority of American want legal abortion available.  Please take a look at these candidates and where they stand on the issues that will affect all Americans today and in the near future.  Being a one issue voter is an easy path, but there is much more to be concerned about besides just one issue.

The problem with Hillary runs the gamut. It isn't one issue. Never has been.

8. profile image0

Hillary's mentality is that of a nine year old entitlement freak .   Any surprises there really ?

9. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 7 years ago

Directly from the basket...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/09/10/03/382532D100000578-0-image-a-20_1473476042923.jpg
    A woman yelling anti-Muslim sentiment allegedly attacked two Muslim women as they pushed their children in strollers in New York, authorities said.

Emirjeta Xhelili, 32, allegedly tried to rip the hijab from the women's heads during the attack in Brooklyn on Thursday.

She struck the women in the face and body, and repeatedly shouted, "this is the United States of America, you're not supposed to be different from us," court documents allege.

Xhelili allegedly told the women, "get the (expletive) out of America (expletive), you don't belong here."

She also attacked their children, pushing one stroller to the ground and rattling the other while two infants sat inside, according to court documents. The 11-month-old and the 15-month-old, along with their mothers, were not seriously injured.

She was arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault as a hate crime and reckless endangerment of a child and harassment.

Xhelili, who calls herself Mary Magadalene on Facebook posted a number of Islamophobic Facebook posts, written in all caps, in the hours leading up to the attack.

'What is your Allah doing to me? It's kissing my a**', she wrote less than an hour before the attack.
    'You can't live in America and be a Muslim! When you take the oath it says so help me God! It doesn't say help me Allah!'   

In one post Xhelili seemed to attack to her neighbors, writing: 'Your f*****g Alll llah (sic) is so powerful that you need to rent houses near me, have stores near me and be visible to me.'
    'Nobody sees you, notice you or cares you are alive.'

In another post written just a day before the attack, Xhelili specifically threatened women who wear hijabs.

'From this moment on, ever woman that waers (sic) the jihab/hijab will go to hell!' she wrote.
    'I can't stand you f*****g hypocrites. You have been warned.'

Xhelili also called Martin Luther King Jr a fraud because 'you can't be a black Christian' and praised Donald Trump.

'Can't hide I love Trump,' she wrote. 'When I had no hope and I thought everyone was bad, I looked at Trump goodness and speeches (sic)...And I had hope.'

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)