What's your favorite meal scene is a movie?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (36 posts)
  1. expatincanada profile image61
    expatincanadaposted 13 years ago

Matthew McConaughey eating oysters, A Time to Kill – Matthew McConaughey eating oysters………need I say more?

2. timorous profile image83
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Meg Ryan having an orgasm in a diner, in When Harry Met Sally.  After which another patron tells the waitress "I'll have what she's having".

Or Steve Martin playing a dimwit (in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels) who asks, in the presence of a female dinner guest, "May I go to the bathroom".  Michael Caine gives his consent, and the Steve Martin character sits there staring into space with a glazed look in his eyes.

1. Lily Rose profile image85
      Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When I read the thread topic, the only thing that came to mind was When Harry Met Sally, the diner scene!  I do remember the Steve Martin one, too, now that you mention it - another great one!

3. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I have a few favorites. 91/2 weeks has some hot scenes but I always like the subtle much better.

Marie Antoinette eating pastry?

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Marie-Antoinette-movie-05.jpg

4. msannec profile image60
    msannecposted 13 years ago

Soul Food - The Movie
    http://www.ivstatic.com/files/et/imagecache/636/files/slides/soul-food-dinner.jpg

5. Bill Yovino profile image87
    Bill Yovinoposted 13 years ago

Under the Tuscan Sun, when she serves the workers an amazing meal.

6. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

"Stand by me" the cherry pie eating contest
    http://www.davidpetersenartworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/stand_by_me_lardass_pie_eating.jpg

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!!

7. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Robin Williams, as Mrs. Doubtfire. The restaurant scene where it reveals his identity.

http://www.dvdreview.com/assets/images/MrsDoubtfire8.jpg

8. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

final dinner scene in the dark comedy, "the last supper."  enough said.

9. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

http://www.horroria.com/i/nstills/08/84/884/884-15496.jpg

"The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover"

The cook roasts the wife's lover, she feeds him to her husband-the thief.

1. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is this an American film? When was it released?

This is completely f#$*ed up. I just have to see it.

10. pakpub profile image70
    pakpubposted 13 years ago

Lady and the tramp sharing a spaghetti meal.

11. Pauladance.co.uk profile image60
    Pauladance.co.ukposted 13 years ago

Still 'Lady and the Tramp', the Spagetti dinner.  Yes, I do always cry!

12. sabrinaaq profile image59
    sabrinaaqposted 13 years ago

In 'No Reservations' the spaghetti!!!! smile

13. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

"Animal House" scene with the late John Belushi stuffing his cheeks with mashed potatoes in the school cafeteria after announcing "see if you can guess what I am now" after Babs says "that boy is a P-I-G, pig".

He pops his cheeks, mashed potatoes go everywhere and he proudly says...."a zit, get it?"   A huge food fight ensues!

14. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

My all time favorite was in the 1963 film Tom Jones - with Albert Finney as Tom having dinner with a floozy in a roadside inn - it was the way they ate the roast chicken!  wooooohoooo!

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes!

That was something else!

I wonder if that is on Netflix.. Have to go look.

15. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Joy Luck Club when the non-Asian hubby totally messes up Chinese etiquette at his first meal with the family.

And I know it's not a movie or a meal, but any time I think of entertainment and food, my mind shoots directly to Lucille Ball in the candy factory. smile

16. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Christmas Vacation Turkey Scene

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Spmqbs8YCW8/0.jpg

17. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 13 years ago

this from "Nine And A Half Weeks", if we can talk about meal ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIwD-oDm6cU

18. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

what about Bob.

19. Diane Inside profile image71
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I didn't start out as a meal scene but the fight Mark and Daniel in Bridget Jones' Diary where they start in the street and wind there way through a restaurant breaking up the place disturbing the meals and a birthday song all the while the music score was "It's raining men." I was priceless.

20. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Oh my god, there's one scene in Monty Python's The Meaning of Life where Eric Idle's in a nice restaurant at the piano playing a song about it being awfully nice to have a pen*s.  Then this freaking huge man comes in to have his dinner, hurls and orders everything in the menu. He eats so much and hurls throughout and John Cleese keeps feeding him until the last little bit makes him explode. Aaaaaaaaggghhhh!

It's not my favorite but it's so disgustingly memorable. big_smile

1. timorous profile image83
      timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Ah..I hope Monseur is feeling better"?
      "Yeah...better get a bucket, I'm going to throw up".

The whole Mr. Creosote bit would simply be too gross if they hadn't made it way over the top.  That's what made it so hilarious.

One of my favourites too.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would you like a thin little wafer? Just one, thin, little, wafer!

21. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

I love it in Secondhand Lions, when they are at the diner.
    http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/030812/141353__secondhand_l.jpg

It is not so much the eating, as the scene that follows.

22. GoTo Gal profile image70
    GoTo Galposted 13 years ago

Beetle Juice Day-O

http://ticklebooth.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/beetlejuicedayo.jpg

23. anniedee profile image62
    anniedeeposted 13 years ago

Re: What About Bob

Hahahaha yes, I used to mimic this when I was a kid. Love it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvVKFCP5cCA

1. profile image51
      lfraiteriposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The scene in Rocky Horror after eddie(meat loaf) is killed, they are having dinner at the table when someone mentions Eddie and Tim Curry says "Yes, Eddie, thats a rather tender subject right now" and everyone realizes they are eating eddie.

24. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

The dinner table scene in the animated Walt Disney movie, The Beauty and the Beast.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_itkEj5Cw_WE/SmSquqGv5nI/AAAAAAAAAYI/z2cJ3ayga8E/s320/lumiere.gif

25. bayoulady profile image68
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

Anne of Greene Gables/ She has discovered a mouse in the pudding because she forgot to put the top cloth  on it.She dishes the mouse  out and is planning to tell ,but  she just can't confess to Marilla. Then just as a guest is about to eat the pudding Anne screams and tells the truth. Cracks me up...

26. sim0n30 profile image60
    sim0n30posted 13 years ago

Pulp fiction.

Vincent: Douglas Sirk steak, and a vanilla Coke.
    Buddy Holly: How would you like that? Burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell?
    Vincent: Bloody as hell.

Its the only way to have a steak.

27. calebacea097 profile image60
    calebacea097posted 13 years ago

my favorit is the meal in the good the bad an the ugly where blue eyes is talking bucho and feeding him right before he tortures him and shortly after clint enters and sits in the same seat

28. profile image57
    Dahlinkposted 7 years ago

Eating Raoul dinner party. Grossest, one of the Silence of the Lambs with Anthony Hopkins serving Ray Lotta his own brains.

29. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

It has to be the scene in the Lobster House in 'My Best Friend's Wedding'

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)