Snipped for the sake of SNIPPING!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)
  1. profile image0
    LittleYewposted 7 years ago

On my other account, I've noticed that the people who snips hubs are intentionally snipping content just for the sake of snipping something (no matter how small the detail). This happened to two of my hubs already.

For example, in one of my lists, every item had a video attached. After snipping, one video was removed! Now, the whole hub looks unbalanced. Before every other item had a video.

Next, another hub had "two" link modules (two links) linking to related  hubs. After snipping, one link module was removed! The two were placed as centered and neat-looking as possible, so now that only one remains--the whole hub looks unbalanced.

Given all that has happened, it seems that the "SNIPPERS" are snipping just because they have to snip something even though it doesn't have to be snipped. It seems that they can't leave a hub unsnipped, even though it's already good.

Has anyone experienced this? If this really is the case (that they snip hubs just to meet a quota or something), then it should be addressed.

1. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 7 years agoin reply to this

you can remove the editor editing mode if you want to at the setting, then there won't be any snipping. I didn't see any snipping on my hubs

1. Will Apse profile image89
        Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you can opt out of basic editing only the Hubpro thing, or whatever names they use at the moment.

2. SakinaNasir53 profile image95
      SakinaNasir53posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi! I have written 5 hubs till now. Out of which 2 of them have been edited by a HubPro. In one of them a correction was made in the title and in another an amazon capsule was snipped. I didn't get upset. Instead I felt happy, because they have helped remove errors or unnecessary capsules. Do not worry. ☺

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I've had several Hubs moved to the niche sites with no snips at all so no, I don't think there's a quota

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

As far as I can see, its the luck of the draw or, perhaps, the daily zeitgeist.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Little Yew - I don't know how much you're across the changes which have happened here in the last year or so.

Hubs are snipped because they're candidates for moving to the new niche sites, most of which have a far higher income potential than HubPages.  So although it's annoying, it's a good thing in one sense.

The snipping happens because HubPages is imposing stricter rules on Hubs on the new sites (I think some of their new rules are over the top, but it is their site after all).   If you're going to include links to products or websites in your Hubs, they now have to be DIRECTLY related to the topic of the Hub.  If they're even slightly off-topic, or if they're giving information on something mentioned as a side issue, they'll be snipped. 

Are you sure that the video they snipped was working?

4. profile image0
    LittleYewposted 7 years ago

@Marisa Yep, the video was working and the link was directly related to the subject. You're right that getting transferred to a vertical site is more of a good thing than a bad thing. Still, I just feel a bit disturbed about the unnecessary removal of stuff. Thanks for your inputs so far, by the way.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I do wonder if the problem is that your definition of related is not the same as their definition.

It does have to be related to the MAIN topic of the Hub. As you know, it's often necessary to write a paragraph or two that's slightly off-topic (explaining the background to the subject, for instance) and if you include a link in that, it will get snipped because it's only related to that paragraph, not to the main topic.  Just a thought.

Also I've noticed they don't like you linking to related Hubs, because they feel there's already enough interlinking between Hubs on the page (and I'd agree with that actually).

5. Margie Lynn profile image88
    Margie Lynnposted 7 years ago

I have had a lot of my articles snipped, but then moved to niche site! I have learned a lot from my hubs being snipped. You know what will get your hub moved to a niche site, then follow that in future articles. I have 14 hubs moved to a niche site, only put a Amazon ad in if it is something you have actually used and then write a description. Happy Hubbing!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)