American presidential election

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (58 posts)
  1. Sebastian Franzen profile image61
    Sebastian Franzenposted 7 years ago

Clinton vs Trump
    Good vs Evil ?

1. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This user has been banned from HubPages

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Lol. That may start a chain reaction of resentment which will lead to world changes unimagined. Kind of like Castro losing his dream of playing professional baseball in America. Hitler's dreams of being an artist dashed. Mohammed desire to be a prophet unfulfilled.

Hub pages may regret this act.

I get your point, hmm...I may forever be wondering. 

Like Hillary thinks she is capable of being president of the United States.
          “Capable?
          Capable of leaving AMERICANS to die.
          Capable of disregarding law.
          Capable of disrespecting rape survivors.”
          ~ Steven Seagal

2. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

lol I've heard Hillary called a lot of things. None synonymous with good. But, I'd put it more like choosing between a dung heap and a compost pile.

3. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Corrupt establishment politicians like Hillary Clinton are the reason for the manifestation of Trump.  This isn't about Trump, he represents "We The People" who are fed up with corruption in Washington.  It is truly a movement.  IMHO

This isn't about Democrats or Republicans in my view, its about the corrupt establishment on both sides that took over.  They are evil.

4. Alternative Prime profile image57
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

It's ABSOLUTELY a CONTEST of "GOOD" vs "EVIL" ~ Hillary FIGHTING for Good & Righteous IDEAs while "Delusional Donald", a "NATIONAL Disgrace" According to Colin Powell & the VAST Majority of AMERICANs, Continues to CON, Manipulate, SWINDLE & TEST the "GULLIBILITY" of a Small SLICE of the AMERICAN Electorate by PEDDLING LIEs, Misinformation, Hate, FEAR, Divisiveness, RACISM, Bigotry, WOMAN Hating & ANTI-American Rhetoric ~

In the END, "GOOD Always DEFEATs EVIL" & when this happens in NOVEMBER, "SWINDLER Donald" I'm sure will have the "OPTION" to MOVE himself & his ENTIRE GRIFTER Family to the COUNTRY he Now PLEDGEs his ALLEGIANCE to....COMMUNIST Russia....If of course he's NOT "Indicted & EMPRISONED" for any number of ILLEGAL Actions before then sad ~

GOOGLE "Felix Sater & TRUMP" ~ Just one EXAMPLE of "Delusional Donald's" CLOSE Connections & TIEs to CRIMINALs in Communist Russia ~ A stand alone "DISQUALIFIER" ~ Then GOOGLE "Trump Encourages ESPIONAGE AGAINST the United States ~ Just ONE More "DISQUALIFIER" ~ sad ~ His ANTI-American AGENDA is ENDLESS ~

Still WONDERING WHY Donald is CONCEALING his Tax RETURNs?? It should be MANDATORY for EVERYONE to READ this:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 … -case.html

Sebastian Franzenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't agree with you more, Obviously I can't vote because im under 18 and not an american citizen but Clinton is an angel compared to Trump. All of Europe hopes America makes the right choice when it comes down to it !!

Being under 18 and not an american citizen I'd have to assume that you don't know enough to make an informed decision on the topic.

We talk a lot about in school and it's all you see on the news. Sure I probably don't know as much about it as Americans do but I know enough to have an opinion on it.

2. GA Anderson profile image87
          GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

... and we all know what assumptions do to those making them.

GA

Seriously? The premise put forth is that this election is a case of good versus evil. Sounds less than a mature conclusion. What is good, in the context of politics? What is evil? It's all rather silly, if you ask me.

From our perspective it is a case of good vs evil. Or at least that there is one that is better than the other but that's viewing it from a European perspective. Perhaps my opinion ( and that of others ) would be different if we lived there, in any case this is how we see it.

1. profile image0
                PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

A sizable number of American voters agree with you.

Great !

2. Live to Learn profile image60

A sizable number don't. I can't believe this election is seen in such am immature light.

Good vs evil. It's ridiculous.

1. profile image0

No, it's ridiculous that some people don't see the huge significance of this election. Authoritarianism is evil.

2. Alternative Prime profile image57
                    Alternative Primeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

NOT "Immature" ~ FACTUAL ~ Sebastian is CORRECT, And anyone who thinks otherwise is OBVIOUSLY in a "STATE of DENIAL" or perhaps a card carrying member of the KLU KLUX KLAN who CRAVE the Trump Pseudo-Campaign ~

INVESTIGATE "Delusional Donald's" FRAUD filled PAST to DISCOVER the TRUTH ~

* "ELDER ABUSE" is EVIL
                    * INVITING COMMUNISTs to "Cyber-HACK" the USA is EVIL
                    * Using "CHARITABLE Donations" to pay PERSONAL Legal Expenses is EVIL
                    * "INSULTING & Degrading" OUR Military Veterans is EVIL
                    * Business RELATIONs with Communists who were CONVICTED of STOCK Fraud is EVIL
                    * INSULTING Carly Fiorina for her APPEARANCE is EVIL
                    * Proliferating a "GRAND Lie" that OUR Current President is NOT a Citizen is EVIL
                    * Misogyny & HATRED of Women is EVIL
                    * RACIAL Hatred & Bigotry is EVIL
                    * SCHEMING to "SLASH Wages" of ALL Hard WORKING Americans is EVIL

This is just a PARTIAL List of "EVIL Activity" Perpetrated by CON-Man Donald ~ Don't believe me, I ENCOURAGE ALL Readers to INVESTIGATE on your OWN ~ U might be "SHOCKED" at what U DISCOVER and it should lead U to believe that a CONSTITUTIONAL Amendment to PROHIBIT Mentally Deranged FRAUDSTERs like "Delusional Donald" should be INSTITUTED IMMEDIATELY ~

3. profile image0

I'd say his opinion indicates he is better informed than about 40 percent of U.S. voters. See, I can be just as snooty, but from the opposite viewpoint.

Damn pp., that did come off rather snooty. You sure you aren't English?

1. profile image0

English descent. Plus Irish, German and Dutch. But American to the core. smile

Well, stop channeling the english.

And, I'd really argue the authoritarian label you appear to be placing on Trump. I feel like we are under such a government now and a vote for Hillary would compound the problems.

1. profile image0

We disagree on that.  And I'll channel whatever I like to post here, although I don't buy into the stereotype that the English are snooty.  Where did you get your haughty nose?

I know enough english to feel comfortable stereotyping them. smile My nose isn't haughty. It just looks that way because it's big. I'm from a big nosed family, according to one of my brother's ex girlfriends

4. colorfulone profile image78

Sebastian, replied to your comment and didn't correct you that he is 18?  Isn't that interesting?  Seem like a normal teen?   lol

2. rhamson profile image72
        rhamsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Having your own opinion is part of living in a free society. No one can blame you either way as the two choices presented are less than adequate for the task. Be careful of absolutes as that is the theme these politicians focus on rather than the issues.

3. colorfulone profile image78

Just a friendly heads up!  HubPages TOS:  "Only adults (18 years and over) may register for an Author account."

It would be a waste of time to publish on HP since you are not 18 yet?  Could be, maybe so.

Sorry I just turned 18 that's why I said 17

"Obviously I can't vote because im under 18 and not an american citizen" 
            You wrote: http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2840117

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13204517.jpg

Wink, wink!  wink

must have been the auto correct

Yeah, sure, that must be it according to you. 
                wink

I can see why he is a Hillary supporter. Kindred spirits.

1. profile image0

Really cheap shot.  The guy has a right to his opinion.  I'm starting to think he's more mature than some of us here.

2. Sebastian Franzen profile image61

I was originally a Sanders supporter but had to switch over to Hillary.

2. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The same old tried and fried crap. Hillary will effect no change as will Trump. We are left with the same bad choices as has been presented in the past. When will we ever learn?

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
      Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Enough of the capitalization, please.  It's like yelling at us.  Thanks.

5. peoplepower73 profile image89
    peoplepower73posted 7 years ago

i think we need to heed how others view us, even though he is 18.   I assume he is old enough to go to war and fight for his country.   When you are dealing with foreign affairs, you are dealing with how others perceive your country.  And he said all of Europe is watching us.

1. profile image0

Yes, I'm personally embarrassed that a hideous man-child was selected by major party voters as their candidate. It's scary.

2. Sebastian Franzen profile image61

We are watching and hoping for the best. We Europeans have a love hate relationship with America. We love pretty much everything besides the politics. Too much too the "right" is what most people would think.

6. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Great Nazi opinion there P.P.   It's okay to be for your own choice of candidate - After all -This Is Still America !

1. profile image0

Huh? You make no sense.

7. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

The presidential election THIS year  ; Is totally about entitlement acquisition .

I am watching every single and  especially  inner city , protest riot  against  the conservative   candidate this election  , having been around for decades ,  and am clearly  seeing the reasoning behind them .  There is a mass movement towards entitlement driven voting .  Charlotte , Chicago , Baltimore ,Cincinnati ,  , Cleveland ,Detroit , NYC.,  Atlanta ,   Ferguson ,  ............

Name the city , name the protest , name the  SUPPOSED reasoning  ,  BUT ,  what does the evidence show ?   What is being taken  from others ?
    Cigarettes
    Red Bull
    Nike's   
    Clothing
    Guns

So you tell me , what is the message of these protests ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)