Hillary's podium at debate taller than Trumps ?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (45 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

For a campaign  built solidly on image over substance  , WHY NOT let Hillary have a taller  podium than Trumps   and while we are at it  ,   lets put hydraulic back supports on behind her to prop her up in case she collapses , maybe   some side boards so that she doesn't fall sideways , How about  a cable from above  to control her hand motions  while debating ..............

Any other props for the Clinton campaign ?

1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Of course, Clinton will be shorter in stature than 'Lurch' . Well, Horse, she not being judged on how tall she is when compared to Trump and I do not want the substance of the debate ignored due to the irrelevant. They both require a stand that allow each candidate equal stature from the view of the audience. But, let's just see what comes out of Trump's mouth, this evening. That is where the rubber meets the road.  And for his sake, it had better be good.

2. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

* In the debate negotiations, it was Trump who insisted on standing, Hillary's aids preferred being seated.

* It was Trump's 90 minutes idea with no long bathroom breaks, and no commercial interruptions.

Trump said no moderates, he wanted to go Lincoln vs Douglas style. 
    They will have moderates and I have no idea who picked them.
    One female moderator on the list is a long time friend of the Clinton's from what I heard.  So, will there be knives and daggers?

Excuses, excuses, nothing but excuses. Trump has run out of them, he had better do well, tonight.

1. colorfulone profile image79
        colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Why did Hillary request a step stool is my only concern because of the talk about her health since the 9/11 ceremony.   Her stool request was denied.   I hope she can make it to the debate, and I hope she can go the full 90 minutes tonight without coughing for 4 minutes straight like she did in Ohio, or falling, etc.   It should be interesting! 

I'm so glad we are alive to see this debate. Exciting times! 

What 'excuses'? 
        You know that debate negotiations are normal for candidates, I'm sure.

Glad that you will be tuning in, hope your man does not trip over his tongue tonight.

I expect Hillary's strategy will be to get to Trump coming out of the gate to try and get him to say something really politically incorrect so the media can go nuts feeding their viewers a line of crap like they do, spinning it for all its worth.
            http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13210648.jpg

MEDIA BUST: Exact Script of Lester Holt’s Plan to Rig Presidential Debate for Hillary Clinton Leaked 28 Days Ago to True Pundit

*Hillary is already being coached for the Sept. 26 Presidential Debate. But the Democratic strategy is bizarre. Her handlers do not think she will respond well to stressful questions or rhetoric so Hillary is memorizing canned answers that may not even directly address the subject or question. Why is this a viable strategy? We’re told this will work because the moderators will not redirect Clinton or cross examine her original answer to a question, regardless of her answer. This has been negotiated. So Hillary is free to pontificate without being called on her verbal nonsense, regardless of topic or content. Must be nice. You can bet no such agreement is in place for Trump.

“The debate is already stacked against the guy,” the former operative said. “Hillary’s lawyers already hammered out her ground rules before the debate questions were even formulated. It’s a stacked deck. She knows the game and all the referees.”

-Excerpt From True Pundit, August 30, 2016
      http://truepundit.com/media-bust-exact- … ue-pundit/

That's exactly what happened.  Nothing on emails. Nothing on the corrupt Clinton Foundation. And nothing on Benghazi.  What a sham!

3. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 7 years ago

Lol, the Trump team is out in full force worrying about trivialities because they know their candidate is uninformed and cannot stand tall on the issues.

4. profile image0

She requested a step stool to avoid being unconsciously dismissed due to being shorter than Trump. Research shows this unconscious bias against shorter people to be real. I'm sure, as a responsible voter, you would prefer the candidates be judged on substance and not on who has a larger countenance.

5. profile image0

It is important to watch the debate live for oneself and not rely on snippets posted on websites by people who cater to a particular audience.

6. profile image0

It will be interesting if Hillary can stand for 90 minutes without collapsing and not have  a coughing fit or three !

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If she does, then what?  You'll claim it was a body double?  LOL

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well she does have double the body  of most !

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13210630_f1024.jpg

Every Globalist New World Order publication I have read has said that if Hillary falls and fails, its the beginning of the end of their corporate new world government. 

We've seen the Brexit leave the NWO, and we've seen Russia back out of the NWO.  When (if) Trump is voted in as president, that's the beginning of the end for the NWO system.

I don't like multi-national corporations running the USA and Americans getting the shaft.

7. colorfulone profile image79

Oh, dear! Hofstra University spelled Hillary’s name wrong on the First Presidential Debate Ticket. 

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/stat … wsrc%5Etfw

NBC confirmed "Hilary Clinton" not Hillary. 
    Trump isn't debating Hillary Clinton tonight...lol.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Any body surprised , This is after all,   a university !  The intelligence factor  of recent years has dropped significantly !

8. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 7 years ago

Why is Trump so short of breath?

Who's the sick one? hmm

1. profile image0

Yep, he clearly got tired. Sniffed and fidgeted like a squirmy schoolboy.

1. IslandBites profile image89
        IslandBitesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it was that. I think it was worse at the beginning (he also drank a lot of water). Maybe he was sick, or nervous. It was pretty evident (and weird).

Btw, I found it hilariously ironic... All the "concern" about Hillary's health, would she be able to stand, talk, not cough, and so on... Yet, he was the one having troubles tonight. LOL

9. profile image0

Most obvious is that Lester Holt , Where was the  moderator ?   I'm sure  that  as easily as he let Hillary slide  on his questioning her ,he is working towards being her Clinton Press Secretary.

As usual --- the media vote s for Hillary !

It was an enormous fail for Hillary Clinton.   Trump showed great restraint in the face of her many lies.  Then, Lester Holt shilling for Hillary, has disgraced himself to the world.  He sounded ignorant. 

Trump all the way, in a new direction!
      That is what America needs, a much better direction.

10. profile image0

Trump, on whether he supported the Iraq war. What happened to his ability to form a coherent thought?

"And I understand that side, also, not very much, because we should have never been there. But nobody called Sean Hannity. And then they did an article in a major magazine, shortly after the war started. I think in '04. But they did an article which had me totally against the war in Iraq.
    "And one of your compatriots said, you know, whether it was before or right after, Trump was definitely – because if you read this article, there's no doubt. But if somebody – and I'll ask the press – if somebody would call up Sean Hannity, this was before the war started. He and I used to have arguments about the war. I said, it's a terrible and a stupid thing. It's going to destabilize the Middle East. And that's exactly what it's done. It's been a disaster."

Is that how he will speak to Hassan Rouhani if challenged during a lengthy meeting?

You really want this incoherent half-wit representing our great country? He is an embarrassment.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

How about Clinton on getting new jobs?  (paraphrased)

"I will raise taxes on the rich (giving them a good incentive to keep their wealth overseas) and use that (nonexistent) income to cover the country in solar cells (doubling or tripling power costs in the most intensive power using country in the world)".  Unsaid but obvious - "We will import those solar cells because my tax raises will drive out any investment monies needed to provide US plants and jobs to build them, paying whatever excise taxes are asked to avoid a trade war.""

And you talk about half wits?

1. profile image0

I notice you had to add your own twist to Hillary's words to bolster your claim.

I know it's hard defending Trump.

big_smile

Oh?  How would you interpret her words?  True, I added the inevitable result of her plans, but twist her words?  I think not.

But I didn't defend Trump: he came across, as expected, as a redneck from Arkansas (or at least close to that).  And Clinton came across as the polished, professional politician that she is.  Very good, in other words, at giving half truths aimed at convincing a listener that a lie is true and ignoring questions in favor of her own agenda.

1. profile image0

We each have our opinions. I'll go with the one who works for it and not the one who is either too lazy or too arrogant to prepare for the highest job in the land, if not the world.

2. Credence2 profile image79

So, the question remains, who is going to vote for a 'redneck'?

“She hit me at the end with the women,” Trump said, referring to Clinton characterizing him as a misogynist for insulting Rosie O’Donnell and others. “I was going to hit her with her husband’s women, and I decided I shouldn’t do it …. I didn’t feel comfortable doing it with [the Clintons’ daughter] Chelsea in the room. I think Chelsea’s a fine young lady.”

This guy, Trump, has no clue to compare his instances of documented misogyny with Hillary's relationship with her husband which is none of his business, since Bill is not running for President. He has the temperment And judgement of a 2 year old. Geez, all he had to do was keep his mouth shut and stand and look presidential and he could not do that.....

Speaking of 2 year olds: the attitude that we'll just take what someone else has anytime we want more money, without concern for any repercussions or consequences, sounds very much like a 2 year old child.  So does declaring it "fair", when the rich are already carrying far more than their share and paying more than almost any time in history.

1. profile image0

Mischaracterizing a position to make it easier to argue against is also rather cheap, don't you think?

"we'll just take what someone else has anytime we want more money, without concern for any repercussions or consequences"

Yeah, Hillary does that all the time.  LOL  If you're referring to taxation, that is always voted on by Congress, who are elected by the people.  Don't like what they do?  Don't vote for them.  That is the republic we live in.  That does not constitute taking "what someone else has anytime we want more money, without concern for any repercussions or consequences."

It's her plan, not that of congress.  And it will be pushed by her, not congress.  And, instead of a mischaracterizing a position, it is exactly what she said - she wants more money to make her solar cells; the obvious answer is to take it from someone, and she is concerned at all about consequences she certainly didn't mention it.  All that was mentioned is that she would do it because it is "fair" that the rich pay hundreds or thousands what others do.  As that is obviously false even to a 2 year old, it remains that she'll do it because she wants the money!

1. profile image0

Well, if I see Hillary showing up at your door to rob you of your riches at gunpoint you can bet I would be supportive of impeachment.

If, on the other hand, she promotes green energy and seeks funding for it by lobbying Congress for additional funds or redistribution of funds, well, that's how government works. I wasn't too happy about Dubya's unfunded invasion of Iraq but I didn't accuse him of stealing money from me ro pay for it.

Let's get real.

11. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

His microphone was lower than hers. He had to stoop to speak into it. His sniffing was just the way he breathes when speaking. It probably had to do with where the microphone was. Poor Trump. He had to seem somewhat chivalrous, a gentleman, in her presence. He did well under the circumstances as she calmly turned her knifes and forks quite villainously … I am sure he's dreading the next debates.
    Maybe he could send in Eric. No? Darn.

1. profile image0

"He did well under the circumstances as she calmly turned her knifes and forks quite villainously … 

That's what preparing well does for you.

2. Aime F profile image69
      Aime Fposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This is hilarious. 

If that was chivalry I'm glad so many people complain that it's dead.  He was aggressive, talked over her, and was explosive every time he felt uncomfortable.  "Gentleman" is one word I would never use to describe Donald Trump.

I'm sure he is dreading the next debate.  Unless he can learn how to keep it together under pressure it'll just be more of his frantic rambling.

1. profile image0

I don't think "chivalry" has a place in a presidential debate. Common courtesy and respect? Yes. Chivalry? No.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
          Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

A man will try to be (somewhat) chivalrous in the presence of a woman. He was trying to be a (gentle)man despite EVERYTHING! He could have been way worse, as he was to the men of his 'own' party, calling them names, insulting them with various truths, sticking it to their wives and stuff.  (Or maybe he was actually a bit intimidated by Clinton.)

2. wilderness profile image94

LOL  you're right there - no one could call Trump a gentleman.

But for dreading the next one - even the analysists couldn't assign a clear winner here, and I'm sure Donny thinks he won quite handily.

12. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 7 years ago
  13. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

Were we watching the same debate?  I think the only people allowed to vote in this presidential election need to be people who watched the actual debate, start to finish, without spin, interpretation, opinion or convolution.  Hear for yourself.

14. colorfulone profile image79

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13212223.jpg

Prepare the way for President Trump!

LOL  An interesting question, though - as President, will Trump try to use his own air and ground travel equipment or switch over to the dedicated Air Force One?  Certainly his plane is more comfy, but it does not have gear Air Force One does, either.

Air Force One is a mighty big plane. I got to see it landing once a upon a time.  Never seen anything that big flying before or since.  Unforgettable!

I don't know if President Trump would use his own air lifts or not. 

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13212266.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)