Want to apply the elevator Pixar Pitch? Create a mini story with me?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (25 posts)
  1. profile image0
    threekeysposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13192461_f520.jpg
    There are 6 lead in steps. Then you fill in around the subject. My subject is "photograph".

1. ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS....  a family photograph of my uncle and his brother who was dressed in female clothes from head to toe.

2. EVERYDAY..........I secretly pulled out the photo from the cardboard shoebox hidden in the back of the garage's wardrobe.

3.ONE DAY.......I was looking at the photograph when I heard the thud of footsteps and a voice thunder out "what have you got there?"

4.BECAUSE OF THAT.........I felt shame prying

5.BECAUSE OF THAT.........I decided it's best to leave somethings unsaid.

6.UNTIL FINALLY...............I had enough of all the silences and awkward pauses and demanded to be told all the secrets.

Your word is - "flame"

2. Natalie Frank profile image92
    Natalie Frankposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure exactly how this,works but would like to do it.  My subject is flame and I have to do all the lead in steps?  What if anything goes does the picture have to do with it?  Thanks.

1. Natalie Frank profile image92
      Natalie Frankposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Once upon a time there was a small girl who loved walking in the forrest and one night came upon a will o the whisp alight with flame.

Everyday after that she chose the forrest for play time looking for the flame lit fairy being, for she knew that was what it was having seen its tiny, perfect face, but always she came home saddened at not finding it.

One day when she had all but given up hope, she was playing at the very edge of the forrest, her belief in the flame lit fairy fading, when she heard a hiss and looked up directly into the fire lit face of the fair folk she'd  seen, standing before her on a low slung branch, grimacing its mouth filled with razor sharp teeth.

Because of that she let out a scream and ran, turning to see if anytging like flame followed her, berating herself for her selfishness in wanting to find one of the secretive beings and make them her friend.

Because of that she decided not to play in the woods any more though she still left small offerings for the one of flame, thimbles filled with honey, a small maple sugar candy on a bright red sweet gum star, little bits of spice cake on doll sized china, marbles and squares of foil wrapping paper, all of which disappeared until one day she found a tiny silver bell left in place of the pieces of last year's Christmas tinsel she had laid beneath the branches of the first fir to line the forests  edge.

Until, finally, she could resist no longer and so, putting on her green anred plaid skirt and red blouse and taking the silver bell from beneath her pillow and putting it around her neck, she stole outside heading for the forrest to find the one of flame she had begun to think of as hers.

3. Natalie Frank profile image92

Not sure if that's right or if I had to go with your story or if I needed to give a new prompt.  If so the new prompt is *love and death*

1. profile image0
      threekeysposted 7 years agoin reply to this

All good!smile No the picture does not have relevance however if it does for you, great. I will come back unless someone else has picked up the thread.

So you don't have to use the word in each step?

1. profile image0

Not necessarily but to reinfirce the theme it could be a good idea. I am going to do it here with your theme/words-love and death. Okay let's go....

ONCE UPON A TIME..  there was Eros (love) and Thanatos (Death). Eros asks Thanatos, why do people love me yet hate you? Thanatos responded because you are a beautiful lie and I am a peaceful truth.

EVERYDAY.....Eros and Thanatos fight for the lead. Eros leads me to be in relationship while Thanatos makes me say its time to finish up, leaving me with heartache.

ONE DAY...Thanatos was drowning me in its quietness, telling me not to waste time and let bygones be bygones so that Eros may take seed again.

BECAUSE OF THAT.... hope shines a bright star.

BECAUSE OF THAT....I will never not say I am with Eros, I will never explain that I am motivated by Eros.

UNTIL FINALLY....Thanatos comes uninvitedly to my front door and says its time to change and  therefore time to undergo a death in order to be reborn to life as the Phoenix.

NEXT WORD-rises

Once upon a time there was a stepmother with two stepdaughters, Valerie and Nora, both of which she loved and both of which she hated to whom she always said, "Remember, only the strongest twin rises."

Everyday, the twins went running in the woods but when out of sight of their stepmother, Valerie would always stop and try to get her sister to sit and play games with her but Nora would always say, "Remember, only the strongest twin rises," and together they'd continue to run.

One day, the twins were allowed out into the world and came upon an actors troop and, delighted, they joined, being cast in a play written especially for them involving a chase and a gun but they were too fast for the small stage.

Because of that, Valerie was able to convince her twin to stop and play instead of running each morning as they were bid by their stepmother.

Because of that Nora's lungs began to struggle to breath though she failed to notice but Valerie's lungs became stronger yet because she continued to run in secret all through the night, returning to bed only just before dawn.

Until finally, opening night arrived, the twins ran onto the stage, two shots rang out and they collapsed, but when the applause began only one twin got up, the red bloom on her chest identical to that of her sister's, and strode in triumph toward her stepmother who smiled likewise believing she'd finally cleaved love from hate unknowing that it was hate that now stood before her.

Okay - admittedly not my best and rather runon filled but there you have it.
            NEXT WORD - trickster

1. profile image0

Once upon a time there was a Court Jester called Trickster, who gaily sought the entertainment halls within the intimidating walls of Corfe Castle that sat on The Hill near Corfe village.

Everyday he walked towards Corfe Castle he recanted the magic spell "I call on the forces on high, I ask for love enchantment on high with Lady Anne".

Because of that the yellow dressed Court Jester, Trickster, now filled with hope, faith and courage.

Because of that his heart skipped a beat with joy.

Until finally the castle was in near sight that he received a fright and lost his might, falling  and drowning in the gloat of the moate.

Next word-forces

I'm about to write the next one - I think you forgot One day in your story above

Once upon a time there was a trio of sirens and when their forces combined they could pull an entire cruise ship size boat of sailors off course, though they really didn’t want to have ships constantly crashing into the rock they called home.
                  Every day they tried to sing quietly, barely above a whisper, yet no matter how low their voices, along came a ship and Boom and the next thing you knew the three had yet another boatload of sailors to nurse and tend to all the while pretending their adoring gazes weren’t the least bit annoying.
                  One day the three decided they would just have to stop singing entirely even though if this went on for too long they would die as it was a large part of their given nature and without giving it an outlet they would turn mad then die.
                  Because of this they fought the desire to sing and swam to the bottom of the ocean in an effort to hide their song beneath the waves not coming up until it was time to feed all the men only to find their song had risen in bubbles and a new shipload had arrived.
                  Because of this they arranged for a year exchange program, at a desert stone pyramid which would hold their voices, not that there would be any ships in the vicinity anyway, trading locations with three sphinx who had tired of having to come up with riddles every time a stranger appeared and who thought a year split beneath the sea and caring for needy young men sounded good.
                  Until finally, the sirens were taken by nearby mermaids to the their community where the sirens began psychotherapy to help them deal with their split natures and were then taken to the Oracle who spoke a future of Golden Olympus and matched them with Greek Gods, though they would come to miss their young men.

Next Word: cataclysm

1. profile image0

Fantastic story

4. Natalie Frank profile image92

[I went off of yours and did it from the POV of the girl]

Once upon a time there was a girl who lived in a happy stable home with both mother and father, unusual in that day, sisters and brothers, aunts, uncles and cousins nearby, stable at least that is, until the deeds of a new friend shattered her world.

Every day, after meeting on the at the beginning of the school year, the girl would bring her new friend home and all of her family seemed to take right to her, this friend being naturally charming and a good actress besides which the girl didn’t really mind as everyone was a little fake with grownups and friends family members, wanting to be liked.

One day, however, the girl noticed her relatives were almost never around anymore after school and when they were they wore strange expressions, embarrassment, guilt, shame, anger, even hostility, and they never looked at the new friend anymore so all those glances were aimed at the girl while the girl, confused, turned her glance to the friend noted what seemed to be a smug expression on her face.

Because of that the girl asked her friend if something was going on with her and the girl’s family, but the friend became enraged, indignant, out of control, knocking the girl down, causing her to hit her head on a marble table leg and when she came to she was tied to the radiator and the girl was wearing her mother’s apron on and serving dinner for her glassy eyed family who moved with jerks as if puppets.

Because of that the girl quickly closed her eyes, not wanting the girl to realize she was awake, knowing something was very wrong, wanting to believe she was seeing this while still unconscious but knowing it was real yet not knowing what she could do.

Until finally she knew she had to do something, opening her eyes to see her younger father slumped staring ahead, her sister seeming almost read to follow suit and her brother who locked clear, bright eyes with her, then seemed to let them glaze, slumping forward, his tumble from the chair and the noise of it falling over hiding the sound of the sharp tipped corkscrew scuttering across the tile which in a jerky motion he had kicked towards her.

1. profile image0

Hi Natalie
      Enjoyed your story. Just wondering what the next word is? Cheers

Really sorry about that.  Next word is Invisibility

1. profile image0

Once upon a time there lived a little girl who yearned for sisters and brothers. This little girl had to learn to have fun on her own with her toys.

Everyday the little girl tried to get her mother to talk to her, play with her or listen to her as she shared what happened with her friends at school that day. But her mother was so absorbed in her cleaning and cooking. The litle girl felt alone and unloved.

One day as her mother placed all the neatly well ironed clothes onto the shelves within the little girl's brown wooden wardrobe, her mother unexpectedly cried out with the warning-"beware of the evil eye. Stay small and invisible and you will be safe."

Because of that the little grew to be invisibly silent so that when she tried to speak she couldn't or she would stutter, feeling overwhelmingly self conscious and awkward.

Because of that the little girl grew a big warm smile to replace her words. The little girl's silence made her a popular friend.

Until one day this little girl who became a woman  realized this isn't right or fair. Yet no one around her wanted any more of her except to nod and smile brightly.Yet the day came and she spoke-nothing was the same again...

Next word is -betrayal

Once upon a time there was a baby with no home taken in by an older couple who had wanted a daughter; well, the women did but the man was concerned about his two boys inheritances and so they came to an agreement

Until one day, when the the girl had grown into an adult whose world was all in flames and she didn't know how to put them out or establish the friendships her mother had driven from her life and seeking to have it out with her mother once and for all heard her father exclaim, "You can't continue to fear for your boys inheritance at her expense," and she knew all those years she had lived a life betrayed.
            Everyday the little girl tried to determine what she had to do to please her mother and get her to hold her and play with her like she saw other mother's do with their children.

One day when the little girl was three and a boy shoved her on the play ground she ran to her mother crying wanting her to hug her and tell her that the boy was wrong, but she just stood separate, armed crossed and asked in a stern voice what the little girl had done to cause the boy to do that, a refrain she would hear each time she came to her mother with a hurt or disappointment.

Because of that the little girl learned never to confide in her mother knowing she would be expected to take the blame and it would be tied to other flaws her mother saw in her, and so she stopped trusting her mother.

Because of that she grew up to admit to those things she had caused in life but also to accept responsibility for all the ills that happened around her, believing herself to truly be at fault and so fearful to be around others in case something bad happened and they too would blame her.

Sorry - forgot the next word again - High Tide (technically two words but they go together - Is that in accordance with the rules?)

Okay that's unusual.  It seems to have reordered the paragraphs in my story.

1. profile image0

HI Natalie..all good. Will come back with the story. Just let me know when you feel you want to stop, okay?

5. profile image0
    threekeysposted 7 years ago

Hello Natalie how are you. I am back. I think after this mini story I may bow out if you don't mind. Maybe someone else take up form where I left off. It was fun. Okay here we go...

Once upon a time three pollywogs (tadpoles) named Freddy, Moppity and Toby found themselves living in the moat of Wickford Castle.

Everyday they determinedly darted here and there around the algae covered rocks along the moat's edge. Determined to eat as much algae as they could together with the decomposing brown leaf matter during the next 7 moons passing because it was their time of transformation.

One day, half in and half out the moat's waters, Moppity shuddered as she felt and heard the thundering loud thuds of the human footsteps coming towards them.

Because of that Moppity plunged backwards into the water and swam persistently hard and fast to reach Toby and Freddy over yonder. Moppity whispered "the humans are here". Both Freddy's and Toby's eyes widened with fear and disbelief.

Because of that they knew the irrigation pump would create a high tide changing their whole food scape and landscape which was a crisis during this special time of being. They had to reach the drawbridge where the ladder lay. Exhausted...panting....tails drooping and lifeless.

Until finally, Freddy, Toby and Moppity squiggled their way out of the moat onto dry land. Away from the now flooding moat. High tide failure with high tide success.

Next word-"intelligently"

Cheers Natalie

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)