Do you feel rewarded by HP since you've started?Do you feel rewarded

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Gami Rina profile image36
    Gami Rinaposted 7 years ago

Do you feel rewarded (financially or mentally/emotionally) since you started HP?
    I've been stressing out about getting my hubs to go through. I would really like to know if you think there's a better future for me out there once I get used to the community and the quality checks....

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Much depends on your personal needs and attitudes. In my case, the answer is yes.  I have been here more than 4 years and have learned a great deal about how to write online articles, met a number of fabulous people who have become my friends and yes, have finally started to earn some decent money.  However, I work very hard at it, found a good niche that brings in reads and make sure I follow all of the rules.  Writing is an art.  To do well, I think you need to have some innate ability or, at the very least, be willing to work hard and hone your skills.  You would do well to look at some of the articles written by the more successful writers here to see how they set them up, title them, use capsules and use images.  Then model your work after theirs.  Good luck.

2. profile image0
      promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I do, especially once I developed a good understanding of how the HP system really works.

For starters, use the guidelines in the upper right corner of the page where you create a Hub. Are you writing 500-word Hubs or 1,250 words? Are you using spell and grammar checkers?

Are you using large quality photos and interactive tools such as polls? Are you using SEO tools to analyze the search engine potential of your articles? Are you promoting your Hubs on your social accounts?

In time, all of these efforts will pay dividends. Never give up. Always test, analyze and try new ways of improving your Hubs. Effort and faith pay off.

3. chef-de-jour profile image96
      chef-de-jourposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I feel rewarded. I started out with hardly any knowledge of writing online so was extremely grateful to receive many helpful answers from experienced hubbers whenever I asked my pretty dumb questions! HP writers and staff are so generous with advice and suggestions, surely a reflection of a quality site? I am still learning - as writers we never stop learning - and earning, albeit a small amount each month. The keyword here is perseverance. Keep at it, learn from other experienced writers and put your learning into action, step by step.

2. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 7 years ago

If you need a sideline income, Hubpages is a good place to be. The reason I say sideline is, because you can't rely on a per hour income at all. You need to know the right things to write about and that takes trial and error. Besides that, you'll need patience since Google can take awhile to give your article the attention it deserves.

Hubpages has been emotionally rewarding, but has caused me some depressing moments at the same time. You need to be able to have your traffic go from good to almost nothing because of Google and not let it bother you. You also need to be able to be tough and take criticism. If you can write and not take things too personally, you'll do fine.

3. NateB11 profile image89
    NateB11posted 7 years ago

Yes, I do feel rewarded; for two reasons: Income and education. I don't make a lot of money but I do make some money and would probably make more if I wrote even more Hubs. I feel rewarded in the sense of education because I've learned a lot about writing online and even starting my own websites, from advice from other writers here on the forums and in Hubs.

4. DrMark1961 profile image97
    DrMark1961posted 7 years ago

If you are just here for the emotional reward, as in helping people that want to volunteer find the right place, this is a great place to learn and teach others what you have learned. The writers on HP can help you improve your article a lot so that it reaches more readers that need the information you have to offer.
    If you are here for the financial reward, I am not sure what to tell you. I do well here both in page views and payout, but a lot of writers here put out some very good articles and do not do as well.
    I have spent a lot of time here learning SEO by reading other articles, learning how to write and rewrite my titles to attract readers, and learning how to use the social media to bring readers to my articles. You have already proven that you are willing to work at this since you did such a good job in changing your first two articles. At this point you should keep trying. Get ready for some disappointments and once in a while there is some great news.

1. Gami Rina profile image36
      Gami Rinaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

thank you so much for your honest response I really appreciate it smile

5. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

As TimeTraveler says, it depends on what kind of rewards you want.

If you want to be part of a writing community, then you can reap the reward by actively seeking out Hubbers whose Hubs you enjoy, Following them and making sure to read and comment on their new Hubs as they're published.  Many of them will read and comment on your Hubs in return, and offer advice on how to improve.

You can also be active in the forums (though I'd recommend sticking to the HubPages forums NOT the topical forums, where too many trolls hang out), and learn and network here too.

However, if you're seeking financial reward, it's harder.

If you enjoy expressing yourself by writing, then HubPages is a good place to enjoy your hobby - and you will earn money from that hobby.  If you're willing to put in the work, like DrMark, AND you're able to write about subjects which are popular and highly searched, then you could do quite well. However if you're the kind of writer who 'just wants to write', or if you don't have any particular expertise or knowledge, then it's more likely to be pin money.

6. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

To date, I've got two t-shirts, two mugs and enough education to allow me to work from home fulltime and support my family.

I've made some money on Hubpages, but the skills I've learned and the people I've met have been far more valuable; I now have a range of sites I own, plus the skills to do copywriting, SEO, web development and digital marketing for clients and agencies alike.

When I joined Hubpages in 2010 I didn't even know what a DNS or keyword was. Within a year I'd started my first website based on what I learned in these forums and today, my main website receives over 500,000 views a month. Hubpages is not about simply being a place to earn; it's a free and very useful first stepping stone.

7. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 7 years ago

Yes, I feel rewarded. Even though most of my hubs fall into the "Creative Writing" niche which doesn't generate a lot of Google traffic, HubPages is where I learnt to write online and where I have made more lifelong friends than I can count. I have also won two hubby awards (two mugs) and recently have even been getting hubs selected to move to niche sites..surprise surprise!
    I don't make a fortune here but what I've learnt has enabled me to make money freelancing elsewhere. So, hang in there, be patient and enjoy your writing.

1. sallybea profile image94
      sallybeaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I do feel rewarded as this is where I have been able to carve out a writing niche for myself.  I also won a mug for one of my felting tutorials on HubPages recently and my work here has had far more exposure than I could ever have imagined.
      I was recently approached by a publisher of a quarterly edition of a Felting Magazine in Europe who I am delighted to say will be publishing a Tutorial of mine in their November Edition for 'real money'.
      Writing on HubPages is definitely worth it, especially for all the friendship I have received here and the financial rewards which continue to increase the longer I stay here.

8. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 7 years ago

Congratulations to all those above me who have improved, succeeded and generally done well from the HubPages experience.

I came here six years ago and tentatively tried writing for the first time.  Support and encouragement from the very start helped me.  Knowledge learned from the forums helped too.

Now I know that creative doesn't work for me, not for money anyway.  I know about the stuff that does work and either can't or don't want to do it.  Those are positive experiences by the way. I stopped banging my head against the brick wall.

In among my writing attempts I did some drawing.  Once again people were nice, tolerant, supportive, encouraging.  I cannot thank you enough.  My future lays in tee design and product creation on CafePress, Zazzle, wherever. 

I might just be able to make some money from it.  Thanks HubPages!

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13227456_f1024.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)