Interesting Read About Hillary

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

I'd be curious to hear the left's take on this article detailing some of the highlights of the Wall Street Journal editorial on Hillary.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-1 … ntons-sins

In case you don't feel like clicking the link here are some excerpts from the editorial

If average voters turned on the TV for five minutes this week, chances are they know that Donald Drumpf made lewd remarks a decade ago and now stands accused of groping women.

But even if average voters had the TV on 24/7, they still probably haven’t heard the news about Hillary Clinton: That the nation now has proof of pretty much everything she has been accused of.

It comes from hacked emails dumped by WikiLeaks, documents released under the Freedom of Information Act, and accounts from FBI insiders. The media has almost uniformly ignored the flurry of bombshells, preferring to devote its front pages to the Drumpf story. So let’s review what amounts to a devastating case against a Clinton presidency.

On the email scandal

The source, who spoke to FoxNews.com on the condition of anonymity, said FBI Director James Comey’s dramatic July 5 announcement that he would not recommend to the Attorney General’s office that the former secretary of state be charged left members of the investigative team dismayed and disgusted. More than 100 FBI agents and analysts worked around the clock with six attorneys from the DOJ’s National Security Division, Counter Espionage Section, to investigate the case.

“No trial level attorney agreed, no agent working the case agreed, with the decision not to prosecute -- it was a top-down decision,” said the source, whose identity and role in the case has been verified by FoxNews.com.

A high-ranking FBI official told Fox News that while it might not have been a unanimous decision, “It was unanimous that we all wanted her [Clinton’s] security clearance yanked.”

“It is safe to say the vast majority felt she should be prosecuted,” the senior FBI official told Fox News. “We were floored while listening to the FBI briefing because Comey laid it all out, and then said ‘but we are doing nothing,’ which made no sense to us.”

On her stint in the State Department:

The Obama administration—the federal government, supported by tax dollars—was working as an extension of the Clinton campaign. The State Department coordinated with her staff in responding to the email scandal, and the Justice Department kept her team informed about developments in the court case.

Worse, Mrs. Clinton’s State Department, as documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act show, took special care of donors to the Clinton Foundation. In a series of 2010 emails, a senior aide to Mrs. Clinton asked a foundation official to let her know which groups offering assistance with the Haitian earthquake relief were “FOB” (Friends of Bill) or “WJC VIPs” (William Jefferson Clinton VIPs). Those who made the cut appear to have been teed up for contracts. Those who weren’t? Routed to a standard government website.

The leaks show that the foundation was indeed the nexus of influence and money. The head of the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Ira Magaziner, suggested in a 2011 email that Bill Clinton call Sheikh Mohammed of Saudi Arabia to thank him for offering the use of a plane. In response, a top Clinton Foundation official wrote: “Unless Sheikh Mo has sent us a $6 million check, this sounds crazy to do.”

On her media coverage

The leaks also show that the press is in Mrs. Clinton’s pocket. Donna Brazile, a former Clinton staffer and a TV pundit, sent the exact wording of a coming CNN town hall question to the campaign in advance of the event. Other media allowed the Clinton camp to veto which quotes they used from interviews, worked to maximize her press events and offered campaign advice.

On her flip flopping on official positions

Mrs. Clinton has been exposed to have no core, to be someone who constantly changes her position to maximize political gain. Leaked speeches prove that she has two positions (public and private) on banks; two positions on the wealthy; two positions on borders; two positions on energy. Her team had endless discussions about what positions she should adopt to appease “the Red Army”—i.e. “the base of the Democratic Party.”

Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Apparently no one on the left can refute this. If they could, someone would have already come in to this thread, swinging.

I suppose it is simply more fun to condemn Trump than to talk about the truth of Hillary.

1. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Satan news, I mean CNN (Clinton News Network)  came out and said its illegal to posses these stolen documents from the Wikileaks, but its different for the media.   So everything we learn about these leaked emails, we need to learn from them.  I kid you not!   

https://twitter.com/WDFx2EU7/status/787 … 24/video/1

There is a war on for our minds!

I am consistently saddened by how many on the left refuse to think for themselves in an open minded manner. Being spoon feed what to think and say by a media bent on hiding facts, skewing truths and otherwise doing anything they can to prop Hillary up.

I suppose we deserve what is happening to us all.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
            GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wilderness must be channeling through my keyboard...

"I am consistently saddened by how many on the Right refuse to think for themselves in Assn[SIC] open minded manner. Being spoon feed what to think and say by a media bent on hiding facts, skewing truths and otherwise doing anything they can to prop Trump up.

I suppose we deserve what is happening to us all."

Not me, I'm moving to Idaho!

But, before I go, consider this. Given your opinion of Trump as a person, and your support of the political message that Trump symbolizes; why do you defend him beyond the level of calling out bogus meme attacks?  Why not just drop your eyes and mutter, "I know, I know..."

ps. Sorry Wilderness, looks like the right side of my keyboard wasn't being cooperative.

GA

Please point out where I defend him beyond the level of calling out bogus meme attacks?

I will say I have always been sympathetic when someone appears to be the victim of hypocritical double standards. Trump is a tool., I've always said that but we aren't being fair and honest in regards to Hillary. I think we should be.

And I'm curious what leads you to believe you are channeling wilderness. I don't see that at all.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
                GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The "channeling Wilderness" part refers to pointing out how a simple substitution of Left or Right, Conservative or Liberal, in a statement does not alter the statement's truth.

"I am consistently saddened by how many on the Right refuse to think for themselves in Assn[SIC] open minded manner... "

Isn't that a statement that would be true on either side of the fence?

"...Being spoon feed what to think and say by a media bent on hiding facts, skewing truths and otherwise doing anything they can to prop Trump up."

Ditto the above.

As I thought of a response, I recalled several similar efforts by Wilderness - hence the channeling.

As for the level of your defense of Trump...  we could really have a good conversation arguing about what "defense" is, (like Bill did with "is"), but I look at it like this; Pointing out hypocrisy is our civic forum duty. It is the blood of life coursing through the veins of this body of topic threads. (Damn! that was cute, the truth is, arguing is the reason I am here (and for you too, come on, admit it)).

But... when it includes a, "well, he did it too..." it then becomes a defense of the accusation. No nuance, no spin, it is a rationalization, a defense.

GA

I agree with the first part. We can all, from our personal perspective, make that statement about the other side. I'm afraid this election cycle has shown me things about the left and the right that I don't find to be very pretty.

As to the 'he did it too' thing. It isn't the fact that one did it, so the other can too. It's a question of the reaction of the left when it was done by Bill. There was no moral indignation. there was no outrage. Not that I ever saw. And, when Hillary made that ridiculous Tammy Wynette statement and then did exactly what she claimed she wouldn't there was no head shaking on the left.

So, if you can't muster some moral indignation when it is done by the left why in the world should anyone listen to complaints when it is exposed on the right? There is no moral indignation it is simply a bone to shake in hopes that it will help lose Trump a few votes.

I'm afraid this type of hypocrisy makes it difficult to believe anything the people who are displaying have to say. It is obvious that they are turning a blind eye to indiscretions and it shows me why they cannot discuss Hillary's other indiscretions without pretending that they don't exist and claiming that anyone who notices them is somehow brainwashed by the right.

I've never made any bones about the fact that I think Trump is a tool. What I don't think he is is a crooked politician. Which is exactly what I think Hillary is.

2. Live to Learn profile image61

One other thing. This thread was started asking opinions of the editorial in the Washington Post. Not to drudge through the Trump video. We do have threads, ongoing, to discuss that.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
          Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Satan News / Satancrats / Satancans lol
          I run from these!
          Many don't ...
          at all.

2. PhoenixV profile image63
      PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The reporters will do some tiddying up of the stories as the speech is delivered/completed, but they will largely be filed as she goes on.  In terms of TV, the first stories on health won't pop until 2. 1 pm is just when we will quietly approach the reporters. So that gives a window for the cables to (a) take the speech live possibly, and (b) for midday cable shows like Andrea Mitchell to talk about it afterwards ...

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/11277

1. PhoenixV profile image63
        PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

We expect the stories that pop at 2 pm to have headlines such as “CLINTON IN ‘EXCELLENT HEALTH,’ MEDICAL RECORDS SAY” … “CLINTON RELEASES HEALTH REPORT” ... "CLINTON CAMP AIMS TO ONE-UP BUSH IN DISCLOSING FINANCES". The lede of most of these stories will be the health records since they are being released in full, but the lower paragraphs of the stories will focus on how the campaign says it will

2. PhoenixV profile image63
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

One of the reasons media outlets like NBC have not been reporting this much is because they haven't got the okay from the clinton campaign yet or how it should be reported even if they do okay it.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Anyone who believes the narrative from democrats  , is twice  as" closed minded" as the image they wish to portray of those on the right ,      I have understood this since the sixties  !   

Believe what we say or else !
      http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13238317.png

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)