Hubchallenge 30 Days Accepted

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Julie Nou profile image54
    Julie Nouposted 7 years ago

I have posted some time ago about what's the other hubbers' opinions about this 30-day challenge and I only got bad feedback. Says it doesn't work anymore, blah, blah, blah, because it's not gonna be a quality content.

I say, I can do this apart from all the BS replies about the challenge. Creating one high quality article a day is not too much anyhow. And I wanna do this so to improve my score, challenge other hubbers, and challenge myself as well.

Will also update this thread everytime I posted a new hub for the day.

So without further ado, here I go...

(wish me luck, though)

Regards,
    Julie

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It depends what you mean by "worked".   The 30 Day Challenge was never a challenge where you compete with other Hubbers - it's a personal challenge for you and you alone.  If it results in you producing more good-quality Hubs, even if you don't get to 30, then it worked. 

I tried the 30 Day Challenge a couple of times and didn't make it either time, however I wrote more than I would have otherwise and they formed the basis of some good Hubs ultimately.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image89
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Best of luck, Julie!

3. Rangoon House profile image89
      Rangoon Houseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wishing you luck Julie.

4. Julie Nou profile image54
      Julie Nouposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Christy and Rangoon!

2. profile image0
    promisemposted 7 years ago

Good luck! Do you have goals for minimum length, number of photos, etc?

Nah, I don't wanna constrain myself on one subject. As long as I keep it 800+ words.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

Best of luck! I did 4 x 30 day challenges back when I started. Although about 1/2 that content ended up deleted eventually, it was a fantastic exercise in writing fast, instead of nitpicking every detail. Honestly, I think it takes around 100,000 words of Internet writing before you really get rid of all the cliches, issues and lack of confidence - and really find your own speed and style. The good thing is, with more content, you have a big experiment with SEO and SMO, so you can see what works and what doesn't. The bigger the experiment, the more you learn!

Thanks WryLit!

4. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

The problem, these days, is that to have any real chance of visitors, you will have to produce stuff that is suitable for the niche sites.

HP is pretty picky about what it will feature on the main domain these days and getting to a niche will require a 'stellar hub' type page.

Best of luck, anyway.

I don't have any intentions on featuring on any main domains though. I have my own websites to deal with featuring.

If nothing is successful here, I just pull them down and post it somewhere else. No biggie. Google doesn't penalize syndicated or relocated contents.

5. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 7 years ago

"And I wanna do this so to improve my score" - Don't bother with this. The score is irrelevant and doesn't reflect on the level of success you achieve.

First and foremost good luck with the challenge.

Why do you say that each one should have at least 800 words? Just make it the best you can less or more is irrelevant. Of those 30, not all are going to be successful, you will eventually find out which ones work and then work on improving those. But for now you should try and make them as good as you possibly can. Do not just quit if you hit that 800 word mark.

Hence I said "at least", lol smile

1. lobobrandon profile image87
        lobobrandonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Haha what I meant is sometimes even though rare, you may not be able to write 800 words on a topic. That shouldn't stop you from publishing.

6. Julie Nou profile image54

10/15/16 - First Hub for the Challenge - http://hubpages.com/family/12-Tips-to-S … ids-School

7. Julie Nou profile image54

10/16/16 - Second hub for Challenge - http://hubpages.com/family/29-Tips-To-B … -Your-Home

8. Julie Nou profile image54

10/18/2016 - 3rd Hub for Challenge - http://hubpages.com/entertainment/DMCA- … A-Revision

9. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago
    1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 7 years agoin reply to this

LOL.  Here's another

http://hubpages.com/business/11-Most-Co … -Agreement

http://www.omwlaw.com/wp-content/upload … _1994-.pdf

I admire the balls it takes to slap her copyright notice below the articles she steals.

10. Julie Nou profile image54

this was written by me and posted it in Engadget Public Access and took it down days ago. i never thought it was syndicated across many websites. Sorry for such, i will take this down here instead.

1. profile image0

The asset purchase agreement hub was not written by you, it was written by  Robert G. André in 1994.

not that one, I meant to say the DMCA.
        Have both of them unpublished though. So no worries.

1. profile image0

Just out of curiosity, why is this a 30-day challenge? It probably  takes less than two hours to post 30 stolen articles.

That DMCA, as I have said, I have written it some few months ago for public access in Engadget. I took it down few days ago and never knew it was syndicated. (I knew Lifehack.org site is syndicated by many other small sites, but never thought the EnGadget as well).

As for the article that you said I copied, yes, it was, but it was an old post that I have copied it before, so yes, I don't deny that. Copied it probably a year ago, some articles I have before was shorter and it needs to be updated, so I deleted many and save some and have me force update it. In a way, It wasn't part of the 30-day challenge I'm doing now.

1. artsofthetimes profile image94
              artsofthetimesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

?

2. theraggededge profile image96
              theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

And, seeing as you know all about DMCAs, you probably realise that copying other authors; work and publishing as your own is illegal? Not just 'naughty', but illegal, as in 'against the law'. You could be sued or landed with an expensive bill.

On top of that, if a HP staff member notices, you could lose your HP account and any accrued earnings.

As I have told you over and over again, I haven't notice it was syndicated. Geez! I took it down the moment you guys noticed it...

Another thing, I'll give you an example of syndication (to which you guys apparently have no idea what it is and how it's done)

My post here in lifehack, has a link back to my blog and this was dated October 7th:
                http://www.lifehack.org/482048/10-thing … -last-days

A few hours after it was published in lifehack, the article is syndicated across 6 websites:
                1. http://www.makemoneywithedmund.com/2016 … last-days/
                2. http://tampabayarearealestatelistings.c … last-days/
                3. http://glolocal.org/10-things-you-can-d … last-days/
                4. http://nifymag.com/10-things-you-can-do … last-days/
                5. https://mlgsmokers.tk/10-things-you-can … last-days/
                6. http://megapersia.com/10-things-you-can … last-days/

How do I know this? I got a ping back from my own website. See this screenshot: http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w46 … tzqeuw.png

My question -- After 6 multiple sites syndicating the whole article, is the Lifehack website penalized? NO! Is my website penalized? NO! Just look at the screenshot, they are still indexed in Google!

(Evidence 1: http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w46 … yyvu19.png)

(Evidence 2: http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w46 … ddsm5o.png)

I quote this again...

You are merely going along among the assumption of the vast majority and all the BS info they come up.  Matt Cutts from Google says "I would not stress about that (duplication)" (See the video here: http://searchengineland.com/googles-mat … mmy-167459)

And here's a more recent info for 2016 about duplicated content. Watch the video also, just scroll down a little bit: (http://www.hobo-web.co.uk/duplicate-content-problems/)

1. theraggededge profile image96
                  theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am not referring to your own duplicate content - that's your business. I am referring to the 1994 article by Robert G Andre, mentioned by Calculus Geometry.

2. profile image0

Geez! I took it down the moment you guys noticed it...

translation: Geez! I deleted the evidence the moment I got caught...

Just a heads up, articles aren't instantly deleted from HubPages servers when you hit the delete button.  It's about 24 hours on the front end, and on the back end who knows how long they keep caches. So the evidence will still be accessible to admins for the rest of the day at the very least.

I guess if your account still exists by the end of the day you are probably safe.  They might be too busy to care what you've been up to.

PS: Don't bother writing a novel-length reply saying I don't understand what syndication is.  I understand very well that only the author of an article can authorize its syndication, and I'm pretty sure Robert G Andre did not authorize you to 'syndicate' his decades old piece on asset purchase agreements.

2. Julie Nou profile image54

And also, just to make this clear -- I am not up for earnings here. I'm making $3k monthly from one site alone. You guys are too succumb with the "duplicate thingy" to which only HP apparently cares, and google isn't...

However I do respect the rules, and I HAVE TAKEN DOWN the articles the moment YOU GUYS GIVES ME A HEADSUP... 'Nuf said.

11. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 7 years ago

Duplicate content on it's own is not something that's going to sink your ship. But HP has it clearly stated that they do not accept articles published elsewhere. That's all there is to it. Personally I do not put copied content onto my own site I'd rather just link out instead.

Yep, like I said, only HP cares. Again, I have TAKEN IT DOWN the moment YOU GUYS GAVE ME A HEADSUP... smile

1. lobobrandon profile image87
        lobobrandonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes that's it then. Forget about the issue and go on with your challenge. It's not called a challenge for no reason wink You're going to face issues such as this. You only learn from your mistakes, right?

Good luck!

Just hate the fact about people throwing out these "words and phrases" they do not know about.

I know about HP rule, that's why I took it down when someone noticed it. And say, I'll have to pay expensive bill when millions of stuff out there are copied, or my account would be banned. Lol, I have lots of copied articles before which HP staff only unpublished them and did not delete my entire account. And nearly 80% of people here have no idea what "syndication" is and fussing too much about duplicated content.

Thank you btw Lobo! smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
            Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You said: "Lol, I have lots of copied articles before which HP staff only unpublished them and did not delete my entire account. "

You mean you've stolen material to make Hubs lots of times before?  Really?

Yeah, and I have taken it down when they get unpublished after being dormant here for many years.

Do y'all really have to nail me down here for that duplicate topic that I have corrected it?

Can't you all see that I am trying to do the right thing here - taking down the syndicated and copied contents - apart from my belief that "syndication" is normal in world wide web?

12. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 7 years ago

You admitted to plagiarizing the law article. If you copied someone else's work and submitted it as your own in that case, why should we believe it was an isolated incident?

What's bugging and angering the writers here is that you copied someone's paper and submitted as your own, original work. No amount of explaining "syndication" will get you off the hook with regard to the blatant plagiarism to which you admitted. We can only assume you've committed more plagiarism, and why shouldn't we assume that?

Most writers despise those who plagiarize. Saying you're sorry, deleting the offending article and asking for us to cut you a break isn't going to help.

Plagiarism will get you banned from HP.

13. Enoch Kane profile image63
    Enoch Kaneposted 7 years ago

I wish you good luck

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)