Why does God hate sinners when he created them like that?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years ago

God created everything including the concept of sin, and he created people that he knew would sin before he created them so why did he deliberately create people who he knew would do things that he claimed are "sins" so he would have to send them all to hell for eternity?

Why does god hate us so much?

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I must say, this question has some merit.

1. Paul Wingert profile image59
        Paul Wingertposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Man without god is just a man. God without man is nothing.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If he ever truely existed, then I believe he was a sadist. I think that Jesus bloke sounds like a much more understanding guy.

3. amine-sehibi profile image67
      amine-sehibiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

1- Who told you that God hates us?
      2-Who told you that God hates sinners?
      3- I'm not so sure, but if you were saying that all sinners would go to hell for eternity, then who told you that?
      4-what is 'the concept of sin'?
      As for the answer for the question "why did he deliberately create people who he knew would do things that he claimed are "sins" so he would have to send them all to hell for eternity?" I would answer you with the following, it's not about the sin, but about the ability to honestly regret your sins and go back to God, that's the point, because we all know that all humans are fallible, imperfect and so damned to commit sins no matter what. hope that answers your question.

4. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

G-d does not hate sinners. If the sinners repent and ask forgiveness from Him, G-d forgives them. Please
      Regards

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

And when the "sin" is an inability to believe in an invisible friend that lives in the sky?  What then?

1. profile image51

One can always correct one's belief.
          Right? Please
          Regards

Obviously false.  You believe in a god that does not exist - can you correct that belief?  Not just pay lip service to not believing, but actually believe there is no god out there?

1. profile image51

What was one's belief before one reached to one's present stance of "G-d does not exist"? Please
              Regards

Many people have never felt the necessity to make up a god to give their life meaning or to provide a moral structure.  For those it is just as it is now; a recognition that the likelihood of a god's existence is very small.  No belief in a god, then.

Others have studied what we know of the world and of various god's, concluding the same thing.  They have gone from a belief in one (or more) of the gods man has created to none at all.

And still others have decided that they want a god in their lives and chosen such a belief system.

Three possibilities, then - do you not find it so?

1. profile image51

One did not answer my question.
                  Please don't mention about others, just answer the question in first person, it it is no secret. Please

"What was one's belief before one reached to one's present stance of "G-d does not exist"?"

Regards

I can't answer that personally as that is a belief that I do not hold.  Only whose putting belief on a higher plane than knowledge claim to know whether there is a god or not - the modern gods are defined in such a manner as to make either answer unknowable - and a belief without evidence is something I try to stay away from. 

As far as not answering questions, though, you seem to have conveniently skipped over some yourself.  You never did answer the question asked of "You believe in a god that does not exist" - can you correct that belief?

2. Alastar Packer profile image71
    Alastar Packerposted 12 years ago

What if the Creator of sinners isn't actually overseeing their every sin but has moved on to create other sinners elsewhere and just leaves sinners alone to find their own way back to non- sinning. Is that possible?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Yep.  Perhaps he's moved on to judging all those sinners, who have judged sinners in his name. Who knows? I'm an atheist. smile

1. Alastar Packer profile image71
        Alastar Packerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't that make you a sinner too, being an atheist?smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Oh, I admit I'm a sinner- but discount atheism as sin. smile

3. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

God doesn't hate sinners? where did you get that notion?

Yes he made it clear that He hates sin. Sin destroys everything it touches.

But His love is stronger than any hate,and he proved love by providing a sacrifice and subsitute for OUR sin.

His name is Jesus.

ie. Hate the sin ,love the sinner wink

Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Where did I get the notion? I explained that in my original post.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well I just made 2 big batches of cookies - I told my sons NOT to touch them until after I get home from work.

I am sure one of them will. I dont want them too,but I know they all have the potential to scoff the lot and know that I will still love them- (next time ,I devise another plan) wink

No doubt they will reason in much the same way and have similiar excuses.

Sure I want to be able to trust them and maturity  and wisdom will bring that ,just as understanding why sin hurts us will.

Except that sin and its ramifications have far more consquences than disobeying mum will,the principle is similar.

When a person becomes a Christian they decide that God knows better-even though they dont fully understand the complete reasoning behind the commandments.

Trust and obedience.

Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I want some cookies

1. profile image53
            Robertr04posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Father hates the sin, not the sinner.

4. tirelesstraveler profile image60
    tirelesstravelerposted 12 years ago

Like the children in Eglewiki's cookie analogy God gave man freedom of choice. He doesn't want us to sin, but when we do he made a way to clean up the mess.    We all feel better when we get an altercation settled.  When we do something that hurt someone then clean up the matter relationship is restored and everything is much better.  Quit looking at God as some cosmic killjoy. He wants a relationship with each and everyone and thing he has created. He gave us the ability to do what we want. Eglewiki knows the kids won't learn without guidelines and loving discipline, but won't strike the kids dead if their freewill gets the better of them. There are consequences to actions. In Physics  every action has a reaction.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

And eaglekiwi is not going to set her kids on fire if they do eat the cookies, so there's no reason why God would either.

5. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 12 years ago

What is a sin?when God hates all the same people you do...that seems to be a personal problem?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God doesn't hate people.

God is love and does not contradict himself.

Why would he hate something he made?

6. Trichakra profile image61
    Trichakraposted 7 years ago

God does not hate sinners. Bad and good persons are same .

7. Oztinato profile image76
    Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

Fourth: honest scholars try to find out the good parts of religion and build them into a philosophy.  For example, the law.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The worldwide law of, love, ethics and natural law is my Religion and God. A set of laws that is made possible plus has it's own karma if not followed.

Where other God laws are impossible to follow and are more Hippocratically broken by their own  followers than anyone else.

"Kill or be Killed" is your religion?!?  big_smile

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Never have physically harmed anyone or in my life and eat meat less than the average person. Did kill some fish but ate them , yet no fish got harmed for long. I only tried to slow down the senseless killing and harm around the world by mainly the synthetics over ego rulers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)