One Possibility to Get Rid of Trump - Faithless Electoral

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 7 years ago

FORGET PRAYING that something will prevent Trump from taking office! It’s like signing the stupid Impeach Bush or Obama petitions that does absolutely nothing except giving you the feeling like you did something by doing absolutely noting! If you give a crap, DO SOMETHING like look into this, download/fill out the forms include in this and other sources under Faithless Elector or any source that deals with the electoral college. They have the power to alter their electoral votes and void Trumps presidency.  This needs to be done as soon as possible. I believe the electoral college meets on Dec 4th. The following is such an incident where the presidency was denied to a victorious candidate.
    During Faithless Elector (wikipedia) During the 1836 election, Virginia's entire 23-man electoral delegation faithlessly voted against victorious Democratic Party Vice Presidential Candidate Richard Mentor Johnson[1] due to Johnson's openly admitted, publicized, long-term interracial relationship with his slave, Julia Chinn. The loss of Virginia's support caused Johnson to fall one electoral vote short of a majority, causing the Vice Presidential election to be thrown into the U.S. Senate for the only time in American history. However, Virginia's electors voted for Martin Van Buren as pledged, meaning the presidential election itself was not in dispute. The U.S. Senate ultimately elected Johnson anyway after a party-line vote. Despite 157 instances of faithlessness as of 2015, faithless electors have not yet affected the results or ultimate outcome of any other presidential election.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/douglas-a … 97066.html

1. PhoenixV profile image64
      PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Howd that work out for ya Mr. Wingert.

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Well now , Lets just get rid of him , Hey "I know a guy that knows a guy , you know what I mean ?". Why don't we impeach Trump even before he is officially in office ?    How about we invoke  our Revolution  Restitution Clause  and just burn it down!   .Join the thugs in the street and burn a few police cruisers    Why don't we ask the Clintons what we should do ? The people and the electoral process have spoken clearly ,   IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT OUR FIFTH ESTATE DIDN'T LET YOU KNOW BECAUSE  YOUR AND THIER THEIR INCREDIBLE BIAS AND BLINDING HATED  !     What the left has to do right now is just plain suck it up , grow a pair and move on , wait for your turn . much like mommy used to tell you when she said ;
    "Now honey , Put on your big boy pants " Might as well listen to her,  Canada wants to put up with such childish and meaningless selfish attitudes almost as much as Putin would.

You got a vote - and you lost . welcome to  VOTES -R US !

3. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

Hillary Clinton attempted to calculate a win through electoral college votes and miscalculated. Karmic justice, I say. But, on the surface, I agree the electoral college might need to be set aside. We've had this conversation after quite a few presidential elections. Unfortunately those who back the winner rarely like the idea. And when the roles are reversed those who were complaining become those smugly smiling.

What might be a more doable task is to clean up the corruption within the DNC so when it has an electable candidate seeking the nomination they might stand a chance of winning the nomination.

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
      Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump stated he will bankrupt America and make a new deal. He is right, most people know it too, America is going bankrupt either way. It is just that he is not the man to make new deals based on his corporatism corrupted and failed businesses background.

War is the only answer for people to wake up and take control of their live rather Corporatism running Americans lives into servant and slaves or ruins our lives like in the middle East.

Sorry, I am not Frontline insane enough to join this civil and world war revolution. Yet will return with solutions and to help clean up the mess. These massive white heads on many US CITIZENS neck, must grow to a full size second head then into a two face head. Then explode it with a guns and bomb's like how Hollywood hit series of fantasy violence that been preparing YOU's Alll for this for a long time.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, if we have to take drastic action to clean this mess up we won't be looking to a coward to step in after the danger and take charge.

Remember I'm fearless, just not stupid. It takes alot more courageous person to do what ever it take to improve the natural environment than to steal and damage from it. It takes more courageous person to give kindness, harmony and be harmless for all earthlings than to create the greatest genocide for both creatures and humans in this world today.

Take your pick, it is your karma at stake?

Tooting your own horn doesn't equate to you actually being whatever you immodestly claim to be. It's a faceless forum here.

That is my face on this forum and yours is a pussy and get a load of that TRUMPET.

I will say that this pussy as you pointed out would be in the line of fire if need be. Although with my abnormally large head for a cat I'd probably be an easy target.

Then switch to a tiger or a golden lab of charactor, what is wrong with your own face. Just don't including your name for privacy act.

Well, if I used my own face I would be recognized. Can't be having that now

4. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

It just occurred to me. I wonder if any study can be done to determine how many people swapped votes, if that vote swapping actually caused any upset in the balance of the electoral college.

Wouldn't it be a hoot to find out that attempt to manipulate the system (by democrats) caused that party to lose.

5. Leland Johnson profile image83
    Leland Johnsonposted 7 years ago

Now is not the time to be discussing the possibility of scrapping the electoral college.  It's like trying to claim the $500 for landing on Free Parking when all players agreed to leave Free Parking out of the game.  It's done.  The point is that had circumstances been reversed and Clinton won all her supporters would acknowledge the validity of the electoral college.  Wait one year begin complaining.  However, by that time I'm sure there'll be plenty of other things for the Left to complain about; eg an improved economy, a strengthened military, things like that.

6. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

It is a solution, yes.  Simply throw ethics out the window in an effort to get what you want.  It is the way of the swamp, after all, and the biggest reason Trump is President, so why change anything?  After all, liberals don't want ethical and responsible legislators, so why should they retain any ethics themselves?

The whole Government is Illegitimate, base on Corruption of Corporatism. It is not base on sound ethics like the American Constitution or true democracy like it drums repeatedly like a Religion. Large Hierarchy systems will always break their own ethically rules more than anyone.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No argument from me.  And when we advocate losing the ethics of the people themselves to get the results we want we are no better than that government.

There are smaller, more ethically, more happier Governments in other countries. Just get rid of your FEDs and you got one too.

7. jacharless profile image75
    jacharlessposted 7 years ago

While a novel idea, the Faithless Electoral Vote will not work.
    The largest amount of Faithless electors was 36, in 1836, when Greeley died unexpectedly causing his entire delegation to vote third-party. In order for Clinton to overturn the current electorate, she would need minimum of 72 faithless. Given the Republicans now have full control over the House, Senate, Supreme Court and Executive branch, fail to see any going no-vote.

The reality is in the map. By comparison, Red outweighed Blue & Yellow 15:1. Frightening? Absolutely. Even inversely, would still be frightening.

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13273756.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)