"Don't Be Afraid " CBS , Sixty Minutes is so Phony

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Leslie Stahl for one  ,  is such a lousy  interviewer ,  That  the American  people on the left who are protesting , rioting , wilding out ,burning ,  looting , injuring and murdering , destroying private property  .......In protest  because they are afraid ?     What an incredibly , utterly moronic assumption and assertion  .        Its time for the  American main-steam media to grow up , put on their big boy  and girl pants and get real  , It's time for them to call out the left for what it really IS doing ,  attempting to tear down the electoral and governing  process in America .

- Failed in their attempt to BUY the election
    - Failed in the  attempt to  use a incredibly biased media
    - Failed to produce a candidate not morally  corrupt
    - Failed  to acknowledge  a fair and balanced ideology is what they represent
    - Failed to acknowledge  THEY are the only sore losers in a fair election

Anyone ever wonder why the right doesn't riot , they already wear big boy and girl pants !

1. Don W profile image84
      Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So how long are you asking people who didn't vote for Trump (the majority) to wait before asking why he  hasn't delivered on certain promises? 3 months? 6? A year? 2 years? How long do you advise people to give him to prove he isn't a lying conman?

2. Billie Kelpin profile image85
    Billie Kelpinposted 7 years ago

Again, you WON! The electoral college will NOT turn around your candidate's results.  The "biased media" was not able to block your movement.  A "morally corrupt individual" did not win the election. The protests will change NOTHING. Even my daughter has given up saving for an environmentally efficient car. It's all in your hands now.  YOU get to wear all the big boy and big girl pants you want - perhaps for 8 years!  You WON! Can't you just be joyful and STOP all this negativity?  How about talking about cute little dogs or how to grow delphiniums. You have all 3 branches of the government.  It's OVER.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Billie , Don't take it so hard ,   an election isn't about what you can get out  of a government , but the responsibility of what you put into it .     There is no joy in politics  as liberal ideology has  attempted to bring  to your voting booth.     Only the accountability of good citizenship .  Want to talk about cute little dogs or flowers , I suggest you go to the entertainment forums or hub it !

An environmentally  clean car by the way ,  doesn't run on coal fired electrical charges , or  forest depleting wood burning electric plants , or natural gas guzzling  Honda Prius' like  vehicles .    I suggest  you lost your own election because of such naiveté' to begin with.

Maybe if your daughter invests her money in political schooling , or in challenging and changing the  biased  media ,  or in understanding the deficiencies of a morally corrupt candidate for government office ?

1. Billie Kelpin profile image85
        Billie Kelpinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

My daughter and I worked within our legislatures for years - encouraging the votes for the Super Fund Bill that cleaned up the Mississippi River that FMC was polluting.  My daughter was a member of Badger State Government in high school or whatever it was called that provided mock government in which she gave up time that her other friends spent having fun and spent it instead experiencing what the tough, hard, tedious work of government  REALLY was.
        Politics is defined as "the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area"  To me the greatest activity of politics is participation. My daughter saw me work in 1980 for a forward thinking Representative in MN State Legislature who got a bill passed so that deaf adults could have registered interpreters so that they understood their doctor's explanation of the cancer surgery they were about to have or a thousand other critical messages that needed to be translated.  I worked to support captioning of emergency news about impending tornadoes for the safety of deaf people. None of that is possible without getting involved in Politics.  She saw me working for the Federal agency TRIO program to ensure a level playing field for first generation, low income, and special needs students, so please don't tell me that my daughter and I need political schooling. 
        Last week she thanked me for taking her on a March down the streets of downtown MN after going to a teach-in about El Salvador and the government we were backing. Despite her present hopelessness, she is still proud of her beliefs. 
        So please don't tell me that she needs political schooling.  We worked for changes that benefit the needs we saw around us and there is no one who understands more what hard working legislators, both Republican and Democrats, do day in and day out to ensure our rights and our safety

I have had a website for YEARS (26 in fact) that has a fill-in-the-blank Preamble to the Constitution, the Presidential Oath of Office, the Gettysberg Address and portions of MLK's "I Have a Dream Speech" .  I created those because I love my country.  I invented the card game "Presidential Solitaire" so students could have fun learning the order of the Presidents, both Republican and Democrats. My husband created an interactive version of that game. Years ago I sold a Presidents trivia game with more than 400 facts that I researched and made into matching and memory games. 
        So please don't tell me my family needs to be schooled in Politics or government.  My daughter probably knows more about world affairs, who are the leaders of what countries, where to find those countries on a globe, what their political stances are,  how bills become laws, how politics and government works than both you and I put together.  So seeing her give up - seeing her say that there is no hope for the planet's survival is a sad, sad thing for me. Hearing her say she's glad she has no children whose future she would have to worry about is a sad, sad thing for me. And if you don't think I have a right to express that grieving, then you don't believe in the First Amendment.
        I will never, never, never be able to understand your logic and view of the world nor will you understand mine.  Just be happy for your victory.
        Again, you WON!  It's OVER.  Have at it.

1. PhoenixV profile image63
          PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Obama had 8 years to save the world. What we get besides 20 trillion in debt. My best friends wife has a preexisting medical condition. Theyve been paying outlandish premiums she is now going to drop it, save up money to pay for some brain scan outa pocket and take the fine. Or continue into the poor house.

Liberals bragged about Republican establishment not supporting Trump. So many people crossed party lines for a longshot at draining the swamp. If people are crying over the clintons they are the swamp.

I started to question which is worse: clinton or people crying over them and I am satisfied that liberals can cry till the cows come home. No more Clintons.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image85
            Billie Kelpinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am NOT the swamp! I'm not IN the swamp!  There is no swamp. I'm an honorable person of high ethical character.  I try to be empathetic and to do in the world what I have been taught is honorable and ethical.. To imply otherwise is cutting.  Over and out.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
              Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ate you a Washington politician? If not you aren't in the swamp.

3. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

I will say that I am more suspicious of the news media now than I ever have been. I honestly think they skewed the polls in an attempt to create the illusion that Hillary would win. I think they attempted to imply that the stock markets would crash, in an attempt to create the illusion that Hillary should win. I think they are pushing this negativity and fueling the flames in the hope that it will extend the protests to imply that Hillary not winning was a great blow to America.

I truly hope that we are standing on the cusp of real change in Washington. I think we are. But, the news media does not give up easily and they appear to want business as usual to continue on and are truly miffed that all of their bias did not secure the outcome they had hoped for. I hope we, as the American people, can find a way to put all of this negativity behind us and demand that Washington clean itself up and put the best interests of all of the people of this nation first.

4. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Corporate MSM is a joke. They are disqualified as being reliably honest, ethical or news worthy. Media Matters is their deceptive leader.

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13277224.jpg

1. PhoenixV profile image63
      PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

http://www.redstate.com/uploads/2016/10/Bill-Clinton-Scared-Face.jpg

The days and nights before the election I watched Andrea Mitchell and quote Team NBC on twitter congratulating themselves and figuratively toasting their historical win over Trump and electing the first woman president.
      Personally I would not want to hitch my hopes, dreams or morality to any clinton. Boy was NBC caught in a " compromising position " on election night.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

There are people who are afraid.  It's a big and diverse country, people are feelings all sorts of things.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)