How to cure immigration problems 101 .

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (48 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Require a drug test ,....... simple .     I just heard that Florida and two other states  have passed legislation for drug tests  for applying for welfare benefits ?   The ultimate cure all for  America's multitude of issues .

So what social sissy will step up and deny this will work?

1. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

How will that cure the millions who do not take welfare and work under the table?

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

For once I agree with Horse on Drugs

They should arrest all sugar cartels, tobacco smokers,  alcohol and all legal drugs. Best to start off with the most harmful drugs in the World.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Arrest the sugar cartels? Talk about throwing me into withdrawals. Say you aren't serious.

An average person takes in 5 times too much sugar than we should. White refine sugar is most related and most leading cause of slow death. Sugar is almost into everything we buy.

It is another big environment reason that I am setting up permaculture operation in Bolivia. I just ignore the rarely odd cocaine plantation down here.

1. Live to Learn profile image60

I can tell you this. If the new world order won't have sugar I'm fighting against it.

2. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

These people are entering into the system of  legalized employment , free education , free  healthcare and welfare ,  all on the dole.    Stop sanctuary cities for one , welfare roles ,  hospital admittance ,  the legal job market should stop threatening drug tests and do them for another ,   legal applications for immigration ,immigration  officials  should do drug tests ,  they all seem to have their brushes with the legal system .There is a way to that , WITHOUT the system we have in place being told to "turn their heads away "  from  illegal immigration .     

One way to end illegal aliens  is to force them to come forward , a "carrot and the stick ", then  it's all easier .

Sounds like the Reefer madness days when they deported million of Mexicans over public enemy number one crime.  Being the Mexicans drug call Marijuana , also imprisoned blacks and sent Whites for mental illness treatments. The only mentality ill people I see are the Reefer madness synthetic corporatism.

Add to this mess that nearly half of Americans have tried Marijuana, where do they get deported too, prison. Great recruitment for making industrial military equipment at lease that is a job, not a good one, but a job.

2. rhamson profile image71
          rhamsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Stay with me now and don't just mash everything together. How will drug testing identify working illegals when they don't draw welfare?

2. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Right wingers continue to disgust  me, people may have a legitimate need for welfare without all the invasion of privacy ideas from the right wing playbook. What kind of new fascism are you advocating, is it just another aspect of the "Trump Effect"?

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If they have a legitimate need for welfare they won't test positive for illegal drugs,  so what's the problem?  The hour away from the TV to go get one?

1. Credence2 profile image78

Why not use legitimate standards to determine eligibility for welfare, besides being invasive at the start, it is so Trumpian of you.....

Personally, I find that the funding isn't being spent on illegal drugs to be quite legitimate.  That we aren't simply buying drugs with our charity. 

You may disagree (I assume you do) but that that doesn't make the request illegitimate.  Nor does it make it excessively invasive - we already demand to know the recipients entire financial status and that's pretty invasive in itself.

So "progressive" of you...simply give money away without knowing whether it is needed or not.

2. Live to Learn profile image60

I'm honestly surprised that anyone would have a problem checking to see if someone is on drugs.. I don't think anyone would advocate denying them help but giving money to a drug addict is just going to fund their addiction. What if the money is meant to support a woman with children? Should the kids be neglected and unfed because it's insulting and invasive to make sure the caregiver is drug free?

Look guys, the check on financially background has a direct bearing in to their eligibility for the program If there is probable cause or reasonable suspicion that a recipient is involved in drugs, fine, do your pee tests. The idea that one that is on welfare is automatically presumed guilty of crimes are all just part and parcel of the new Trump regime.

But since there are more whites on welfare than any Minority group, let's see how they take all of this in?

So much for the ideas that conservatives and libs can ever see common ground. The draconian vindictive things you people consider remedies, would never cross my mind.

1. profile image0
            ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's sure easy to say," There are more whites on this than......blah, blah, blah" until you think proportions of any and all   ethnicities , of course there are more whites "on the ship" because there are more whites.... duh .....I took a job at a high end yacht  manufacturing company once and took the drug test to get the job ,   of course I passed it  but  WHY  in the world would we NOT have a drug test for the social programs paid for by a working mans taxes ? And legal immigration applications for that matter ?  We test convicts , ,why not the illegals when they are picked up too ?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
              Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

cuz its un-cool.

2. wilderness profile image93

"The idea that one that is on welfare is automatically presumed guilty of crimes are all just part and parcel of the new Trump regime."

Were there any truth at all to that, he'd say just stop welfare.  Not test to see if it's being abused.  Just more nasty liberal exaggerations?

"But since there are more whites on welfare than any Minority group, let's see how they take all of this in?"

Where did Minorities come into it?  Are you playing the race card already?

"The draconian vindictive things you people consider remedies, would never cross my mind."

Can you explain how not buying illegal drugs for people is "vindictive"?

Is there any statistical data that indicates that a substantial number of people on welfare are engaged in illegal drug use or is this some right wing thing to punish people just for being on the program?

It is just like the racial profiling the righties have no problem with, you have an example of a welfare recipient abusing drugs and this justifies imposing this pee test on them all.

Let get the stats and if what you say is true that even if the drug use of welfare recipients exceed that of the general population, then I will reconsider, the use of these tests on a preemptive basis.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Requiring drugs test for welfare was a huge failure.  The program was extremely expensive and found drug use for people on welfare was significantly lower than for average citizen samples.

And since when is the immigrant problem considered a drug problem.  I bet immigrant drug use is lower than for citizens.  Either doing the paperwork, or sneaking over the border, these are pretty much impossible to do while wasted.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 7 years ago

Whites abuse drugs more than blacks. Latino abuse slightly more than whites.

Imagine job drug test for Marijuana that stays in your system for a month. Then you get fired or deported for it.

Also after being checked and searched in big building, driving, walking and traveling. You would need to take drugs to escape the stressful experiences of being suspected  of terrorist or drug dealing.

Somehow I don't see all Syrians as wandering around high on pot all the time, and they aren't just suspected of being a terrorist.  Instead they are dodging terrorist bullets.

While you may think it's fine to drive high, most of us don't want the added risk to our lives from the driver coming at us in a condition of reduced capability.

Only 17 Marijuana related death on Marijuana in a year in the US compare to 88,000 on Alcohol.

Only got high on pot twice in the last 5 years. Man I miss it,

Top ten we worst things about pot.
        Number one :It is illegal:, plus the same the next 9 places.

I would bet my life that there are more than 17 traffic fatalities related to weed last year.  We just don't check for it or assign it as a cause.

It has been proven Marijuana users are better drivers than ones on Alcohol. When combined use of both drugs, your driving is worst than just on Alcohol.

Education rather than incarceration.

And because it is better than alcohol means it doesn't contribute to accidents.  I believe I'll have to disagree with that concept.

We've educated the public on driving drunk and texting/talking for years and years.  People still do it...but not if they are behind bars.

It make no sense to put over a million Marijuana user behind bars,  other than policing for profit. Where alcohol get away with murder, violence and ruin families.

Text is not good enough, it start with our schooling. When they did show us Reefer Madness in school we students knew it was pure brainwashed BS.

And therefore we should just accept that millions of potheads, driving high, will make a dangerous event even more so?

I fear that I would disagree with that, too.

I would rather my daughter be a pothead than an alcoholic, yet per neither.

America once top narcotics cop with most arrest. Quoted- I rather arrest 500 potheads than one alcoholic. Because the potheads are more polite, peaceful and cooperatives. Where the alcoholic is more violence and more likely to throw up in my police car.

Reverse alcoholic as scheduled 1 and a softer drug Marijuana to schedule 2.
                    I promise you their will be far less violence, crimes and safer roads.

2. Credence2 profile image78

Hey, Castle, it may not be often, but I agree with Wilderness. I consider both alcohol and cannibis a source of intoxication on the road. The stuff still can alter judgement and the cops need to find a way to test for the drug in case one is pulled over for being suspected of operating a vehicle under its influence. I am not one to see anyone jailed for possession and use of marijuana, but driving under its influence or working at a job under influence would be in a condition of impairment for most people.

When you got Marijuana under the food and drugs laws. Then think why are legal drugs more deadly than Illegal drugs? Both ways are more profitable for the greedy, not the many.
                    Besides it's our bodies belong to each one of us first, my body and soul are not for the  Governments to steal also.

Why accept sugar, alcoholic, cheese, coffee , tobacco all more addictive and far more deadly than the soft drug like Marijuana. Most People have spoken and they want Cannabis to be legal. Good reason too Cannabis is the most important plant in the world. Just another failed democracy vote like Trump's.

I am more proud to be Canadain because diversity mean strength not just about Christians white male lopsidedly thinking and whitewashing. Education is more important than incarnation. I would not leave Canada too if US would not steal Canada when they get too desperate and take it over by the greedy bankers and war.

I thought a true Government soul purpose is to protect it citizens and have a democracy. Not to have everything backward including America being the leading terrorist in the World.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)