Bird hits your window and dies???

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Black Lilly profile image61
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

Last week a robin hit my window and died in my hands in a few mins.
    According to a popular superstition this means someone I know would die soon (just googled it).
    I wouldn't take this seriously if not a vivid dream I had a week ago, for a few nights in a row. I literally rose from the grave, shaking off the ground, and saw my mother grieving nearby.

Honestly, this combination sends a few shivers down my spine - anyone have an idea what this could mean?

1. yoshi97 profile image56
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It means birds can't discern between a closed window and an open one ... other than that, I wouldn't make too much of it. smile

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

The superstition you are referring to was about "Dove", not just any bird.

I can see how it would get distorted over the years. But, it's about a Dove.

There is a prime example in One episode of the "Ghost Whisperer" TV series. I hope you at least buried the bird, so other animals don't eat it.

This individual sign is to be followed by other signs too. And, dreams are not one of them.

You, I think are making more out of it, hence the dream. Just my thoughts on it. smile

Nice topic though. smile

1. Diana Maes Fritts profile image58
      Diana Maes Frittsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I had a dove fly into my back and bounce off me it was bleeding and fell to the ground, I was out on my sisters back patio and this happened I ask my brother inlaw to help me because I did not know what to do, he took the bird away I think he disposed of it but I don't know I was too busy cleaning up the blood on the patio furniture, could you please tell me what this means I'm worried last time I had a incident with a bird was in 1995 when I found one dead in my bedroom and a person told me then it was bad luck and I've always had bad luck all my life too much of it to get into but ya I could really use some help here, thank you

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Birds often die this way, I hurt a lot when it happens, as it seems such a lousy thing to happen. A family has lost a member.
    If other nature lovers feel as I do, they will see that these types of dreams are common after seeing such a useless loss of life. I would not be concerned about it, just honour the bird and the dreams will change.

4. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

As Cagsil said, the bird in that superstition is supposed to be a dove, a white dove, specifically.

The dreams are hard to explain without knowing anything about you, personally. My first interpretations of the dream were:

1. You are going through a time of personal rebirth. Part of your rebirth includes letting go of things that happened in the past, specifically with your mother.

2. You are doing something your mother views as self-destructive and the dreams are your subconscious letting you know she is concerned for you.

3. After seeing the death of an innocent creature, you feel that you need to put more meaning behind it than there actually is. The bird's death has made you question your own mortality.

Hope I helped smile

5. Black Lilly profile image61

The thing is this dream came about 2-3 days BEFORE the bird. That's bothering me a bit, because if it was other way round, I could somehow write this dream off as a result of this bird-thing...now i can't.

1. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay... Please forgive me for this, but are you having any family issues? With your mother, specifically? Are you going through a time of change, physically or emotionally? Sorry to ask personal questions, but dreams are best interpreted if you know a bit more about someone.

1. Black Lilly profile image61
        Black Lillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nothing to do with family or personal life - no issues, no extraordinary events; work changes constantly, and I don't take that seriously, because it's common.
        My mum asked me to buy her candles, not presents in that dream. And to be honest, I could not recover from that dream until next morning.

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe dream interpretation can only come after finding out a massive amount about an individual, such as their archetypes, symbols, background, family etc. About a years work for a good therapist before any attempt can be made at dream analysis that would be verifiable.

6. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

The house I rented before buying my current home sat on a corner lot and numerous times I would have birds hit the windows on this one particular corner of the house. Looking at the windows on this corner from outside the house you could see the trees were reflected with an amazing clairity...made me wonder if the birds thought they were going to be landing in a tree...Then WHAM!?!?!???

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I let the window they hit get dirty, or sometimes have had to put warning tape on the glass.

8. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

This just means the damn bird was stupid and suicidal. No prophecy from the suicidal bird.

9. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

I was driving about 85 miles an hour northbound from Sierra Vista, Arizona to Tuscon....I watched this white bird flying towards the road, from my left, but it was a ways off....but sure enough it managed to fly so that the front bumper of my 92 civic turned it into dust..

Another hit my windshield while I was driving in Hawaii...

10. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Unfortunately we have hit many but we travel alot. I did catch one while fishing. I casted and this group of birds flew by and one got tangled in the line! I reeled slowly and got it to shore and untangled it and it flew away!smile

11. SandyMcCollum profile image64
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

I have a huge picture window that's mirrored because the house faces the sun in the hot part of the day. The first day we lived her a robin hit the window and died. Two smaller birds hit the window but none died. The next day FIVE birds hit the window. Now I have strings of crystalline beads hanging from suction cups on the windows so the birds see them and don't try to fly through.

I think the bird who hit your window was trying to fly 'through' the window. No signs, just a bad day for the bird.

12. Flightkeeper profile image69
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I used to work in a glass high-rise and it would not be unusual for bird flying at full speed, hit the glass, after all it reflects the sky and the poor bird can't tell the difference.  It makes such a loud noise and I was afraid the dead bird would fall on someone below. You just feel bad when it happens and you should because the death seems so senseless.

13. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

I think it means spring is further off than we thought! smile

14. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I guess, in the grander outlook/perspective or view, one could say that the bird's death did have meaning and wasn't senseless.

The bird died because someone put a house in it's way. Or is the bird ignorant for not realizing the house is there?

The bird's death, on some level seems tragic. Yes, but far from meaningless or senseless, should you happen to feel any thing at all for the loss of it's life.

Just the fact, you felt the loss is significant enough of an impact. It has made many people speak out what they think about the matter. It has many different points of views being expressed. And each shows a sign of remorse for the bird's death.

This is a good thing. It in fact tells you that you can feel. The bird's death created the exact effect/affect is should have.

However, as tragic as the death of the bird is, it doesn't mean, we stop building or constructing places for people to live. On the lighter side, birds are not the most intelligent animal on the planet.

15. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

First, I would like to apologize for not interpreting the dream right away. I decided to consult a friend of mine to see if they thought my interpretations were correct. Anyway, this is what we came up with after discussion and consulting dream cards:

Rising from the grave means your life is going to change and you are going to drastically transform. It can also mean a new beginning.

Based on the second thing you said about buying candles, candles represent hope in a dream.

When looked at as a whole, your dream is somewhat complex, since you said there are no family issues. It can mean one of two things:

You will soon forgive an animosity that once separated your family. This forgiveness will drastically change you and, where you once felt numb, you will be given new life. This interpretation, based on the dream alone, is most likely. Based on what you have told me, unfortunately, the dream could mean something far worse, such as a close family member passing away.

However, I urge you please, not to look too closely at dream interpretation as dreams can mean something different according to each person.

16. Black Lilly profile image61

We'll see how it all goes. Anyway, when it comes to such things most of the times you're just a passive observer - whatever happens, happens. And even if you KNOW something for sure, you can't prevent it - you just have to accept whatever comes your way.
    Just I really, really, really don't like experiencing lots of these things within such a short period of time. Especially when they're that strong.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)