Are There More Married People On Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (88 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

It sure as hell seems so. No friggin' kidding! Everyone's got a wife. Or a husband. Everyone's hitched. What's hubpages, a community of married writers? smile

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have one American husband and one African husband... Did you forget, cj?

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All I can say is - you...you, Davina...you

2. candice5 profile image59
        candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You pic has been driving me crazy I thought Who does she look like, Sandra Bullock. Dead ringer:)

2. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
      Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm still single for 28 more days...

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
        Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're not single, you're just not married.  Full disclosure, Hup, full disclosure.

3. Sally's Trove profile image80
      Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So far, you and I seem to be in the minority here.  I don't think HP is a place to "hook up", but it surely is a place to engage with like minds...who knows what can grow from that?

@Pam:  I really don't see you in that supermarket scenario, but then, you didn't say YOU would do that.  I think it might work very well for some (men or women).

1. profile image0
        pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True, true. I'm more on the receiving end of that usually, although now that I'm old and squashy, not so much. smile

I gotta old man now, so I don't have these issues anyhoo.

1. Sally's Trove profile image80
          Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Old and squashy.  HA!  I don't think so.  I think you just like your "old man".  Good for you!

4. soni2006 profile image76
      soni2006posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages is a community of mixed writers, married, bachelors, engaged, committed, and I do not want to use more words........because I do not like.

2. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

<--- not married

1. beautyrose profile image59
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But you got kids right?

3. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

If your married, you dont have to worry about having fun or enjoying life, so you can focus on writing

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ouch..lol

2. profile image0

How come then I still write and still have loads of fun. I mean loads of it - you wouldn't believe. In fact, I'm writing, not a hub. And its almost past ten at night here. Almost approaching my favorite time of the day. Next thing, I'll pop on one of my large black jackets, so I can move like a friggin' killer. Mold myself into the fiery element of the night. I'm a friggin' vampire.

4. Ladybird33 profile image68
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

This is a place for writing and a not single's club smile  You know I had to go there smile  Yes, married and happy.

5. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I'm not married but I am in a committed relationship. I don't think writing at Hub Pages is a great way to hook up. What you want to do is, go the grocery store or the laundromat and act helpless. smile

1. profile image0

to get married, sure, hp is not a great place. But to 'hook' up, exclusively. Haven't you heard. Hubbers around here have been shagging themselves like a bunch of dogs. No friggin' kidding! Lmao.

1. profile image0

Rilly? That is totally the funniest thing I've heard all day! Thanks! lol

2. Lady_E profile image61
        Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You been on the ale again? smile

1. profile image0

No E bunny, I've not. Though I wouldn't mind sharing one with you. The thing is Babe, you read only the nice, innocent hubs and participate only in the nice, innocent threads. You're an Angel. I read all kinds, and Baby this isn't a joke. A lot of people in hubpages have shagged themselves. smile

1. agvulpes profile image85
            agvulpesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say
            "A lot of people in hubpages have shagged themselves."
            If you are shagging yourself you are not actually being unfaithful to your partner, are you?

1. candice5 profile image59
              candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can be married to your job ie writing.

2. earnestshub profile image81
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile That seems right ag!

3. profile image0

okay you got me there. Thats what I get for having - if i may quote Misha, ESL. Lol. I'll rephrase - a lot of people on hubpages have shagged THEMSELVES and EACH OTHER. does that sound about correct to you now. smile

I would say It can be dangerous to quote Misha.
                Ok now your getting to the point I guess which is , and please correct me if I'm wrong. You think that certain Hubbers are "playing around" with other Hubbers (Virtually I presume)?
                Well my comment to you is that unless one of the Hubbers is your partner or family . "What the f**ck has it got to do with you?" Why dont you go scare a kid or an old lady or something ?LOL cool

1. profile image0

dangerous to quote Misha, please, boring. Not virtually. They meet up and shag themselves, sorry each other. And you're damn right - its got nothing to do with me. And about scaring kids and old people...got anyone in mind?

OK if it has nothing to do with you why are you bringing it up and tainting everyone with the same brush. If you are the Hero that you seem to be in your own mind,  why not name names and face the wrath of the accused rather than just start unsubstantiated rumours. As far as scaring people its not my scene but I'm sure that you could find some defenceless old lady somewhere,or there may be a new Hubber you could pick on ?

But make sure they don't have teeth cos they might just bite !

2. countrywomen profile image60
      countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good ideas for singles to find life partners. I saw on TV single guys taking a dog for walk and meeting prospective partner. big_smile

PS: I am happily married to a wonderful man. smile

3. beautyrose profile image59

so whats the difference in a relationship but not married? so your in a live-in right?

6. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

my wife and I both partake in Hubpages Scotslass is the love of my life.....jimmy

7. AsherKade profile image57
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

like the weird new profile pc, fiery....very demonic...or something...

Happily married here...probably TOO happily married...

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumbimg_310/1221175148ymLU7V.jpg

big_smile

8. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Go to the laundromat and act helpless?  So that's how my wife did it.  Borrowed a quarter for the dryer at the laundromat, approximately, um 17.5 seconds after she walked in the door.

1. profile image0

I'm tellin' ya... I could be a matchmaker. It's always the simple things that work. big_smile

9. WeddingConsultant profile image67
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

Did someone say marriage? wink

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice looking family WC.

My 18th wedding anniversary is Monday August 3, 2009

pgrundy, I can't even imagine you even acting helpless in a supermarket. tongue

1. profile image0

LOL! You'd be surprised. I have trouble walking without tripping over stuff. I lose my car keys when I'm holding them in my hand. smile

10. Rik Ravado profile image85
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

A good thread for you WC!  I too am married to a Hubber but will leave you all to guess which one!

11. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I am married and both my husband and I participate in Hub Pages, it is "our time together" and we love it!!! No Kids, no phone no TV. We can't wait until the end of our busy, hectic day to be able to sit and explore hub pages and be able to express our feelings to each other and the world. Plus it is GREAT quiet couple time !!!!!

12. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Some of my favorite HP hookups have been with happily married Hubbers:-). It's all in good fun.
    Rik -- I think I've figured out your Hubber spouse. MM

13. Rik Ravado profile image85
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

Well done Mighty Mom (an apt name!) - Your post on my Hub was spot on - Good detective work!

14. Balinese profile image39
    Balineseposted 14 years ago

still single wink))

15. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

I'm not married.  Almost was, once.  Barely escaped.

16. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Escaping is Good... I did that too. Now I am happily unmarried as opposed to unhappily married. smile

1. k@ri profile image85
      k@riposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love this answer, Pearldiver!  Me too!  smile

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ummmmmmmm Moving Right Along hmm Have you ever considered escaping all over again... but this time with another escapee from New Zealand? big_smile

17. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 14 years ago

I don't think it's much of a secret, but my hubby and I are both hubbers...big_smile

18. profile image0

So it pretty clear that I'm right - there're indeed more married people on hubpages than the unmarried.

19. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I vote there is Fiery sad

1. profile image0

Definitely.

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I forgot to answer the question..unmarried...and unlikely to smile

20. HubChief profile image71
    HubChiefposted 14 years ago

married and writing smile.

Is the point that married people have more time as they have seen everything else? smile)

I do not think so. Writing and blogging is a personal taste and does not correlate with social or personal circumstances, does it??

21. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I see more married than single too.

1. profile image0

glad I'm not the only one in here who does.

22. HubChief profile image71
    HubChiefposted 14 years ago

did we all come here to earn more money in free time. At least I followed a link and reached here.

Within 2 days my perspective has changed. I found this place to write and write and write. I am enjoying sharing. Awesome site. May be more married are here as they were all trying to find some extra petty income from online ad? is it the reason?

23. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 14 years ago

I am in a committed relationship, so its really like a marriage without the papers. smile. Pam's idea on meeting someone in the grocery store is a good one; hey who knows she may end up writing a hub or article with tips!  cool

24. Pamda Man profile image59
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

I am a legless bird.

1. profile image0

No. You're a panda.

2. earnestshub profile image81

I thought you were a Panda?

25. Pamda Man profile image59

That was a metaphor.... -.-

26. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I am single too.

1. profile image0

And hot, too, if I may add.

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She is !!

1. profile image0

A well fitting name - SweetiePie.

27. CEN7777 profile image59
    CEN7777posted 14 years ago

Yes iam happily married and we are togetherfrom last 28 years.

28. candice5 profile image59
    candice5posted 14 years ago

goinjg going gone.

29. Pamda Man profile image59

Hello. My name is Spongeward Squid.

1. beautyrose profile image59

I think most hubber here are married except for you and me haha

30. profile image0

@agvulpes. Who's tainting who? What rumours? Dude, you really have to read more hubs and participate in more forums to get I'm saying. This is common knowledge, not a rumour. Hubbers have been fucking each other. Just browse the site. As for those who can bite - dude, if only you knew my background. Suffice to say, anyone who you think is a bad-ass around here, anyone, and I can guarantee that whatever they may bring to the table is child's play, compared to what I have seen. Probably ten times. Its not something I brag about, but its not something I regret either. Everybody's got a past. Mine is just darker, gloomier and more fiery than most. That's all. You think I made up the name fierycj offa my head - think again.

Oh so now you are trying to intimidate me, is that how you operate ?
      The point we both seem to agree on is the fact that it is none of anyones business who is fucking who. So why bring it up at all.

1. profile image0

Dude, just think for a sec here - no one, and I mean no one seems to care that I brought it up, except you. okay, so I brought it up. I made it my business. What're you gonna do about it, huh? Bite me? Lmao.

1. Pamda Man profile image59
          Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I suggest moving a step back than provoke.

2. agvulpes profile image85

LOL. Gotta give you that one mate.!
          There would be about 3000 Hubbers I would rather bite than you.
          But just because I'm the only one that is raising the subject does not make it any less of it being none of your business.LOL

1. profile image0

Hey, watch it, I'm the Vampire here. I make all the bites, and drink all the blood. A friggin' Nosferatu I am. Okay fine, its not my business. And when I said it, I just said it flippantly, and didnt think much of it. Everyone else didnt think anything of it. Till you came along - So I'm guessing Hmmm, I'm making it my business now, and I still wanna know what the fuck you're gonna do about it. smile

Sorry waterycj, shit now what is his name again. Oh yeah fierycj
              I got distracted last night by something far more interesting than listening to your cock of the walk bullshit.
              You ask me what the fuck I'm gonna do about it. What makes you think I would want to do anything about it at all.
              Why should I care about who is doing what to who. As we have both said it is none of our business. There are far more important things happening in the world . Would you not agree ?
              As far as you being "Nosferatu" you are possibly quite correct.
              He was a poor old monster taken to frightening young women and also a figment of someones futile imagination.
              Much like yourself I guess.

1. profile image0

ha ha ha ha I didnt even know you had replied to this. Hmmm, it took you almost a whole 24hrs to come up with a response didnt ya. Oh how brave people talk on a pc forum. Okay, I'll make you an offer, like I made to someone else, just to prove that I'm a danger to you, as well. FLY over to the Heart of Africa, and come tell me all this face to face. I'll pay for your Air Fair back, I'll even throw in first class seats for ya and all. No kidding. Now I'm giving you a window of opportunity to actually DO something, than just rant. We 'Nosferatu' prefer action, not words. lol

1. earnestshub profile image81

Jeez fiery, do you have to challenge everyone who disagrees with you to a dual? Get over it mate!

2. agvulpes profile image85

Furrycj, wow,  now that you have become a legend in your own mind,I want to let you know that you do not stack up against my 3 year old grandson. He would run rings around you in the fear factor.

1. profile image0

Ok. So you coming or what?

2. profile image0

Hey, watch it, I'm the Vampire here. I make all the bites, and drink all the blood. A friggin' Nosferatu I am. Okay fine, its not my business. And when I said it, I just said it flippantly, and didnt think much of it. Everyone else didnt think anything of it. Till you came along - So I'm guessing Hmmm, I'm making it my business now, and I still wanna know what the fuck you're gonna do about it. smile

31. earnestshub profile image81

This is bullshit! I do not want to know that much about other hubbers, just as I would not like to know about any who is doing it to who... as agvulpes says, it is none of my business or yours.

1. profile image0

Fine, and I agree 100%. I only like to know about that kinda stuff when it concerns me, catch my drift. I'm just directing a question at my man here, so what if it does, I mean, what if its my business, he's the one who assumed that its what I'm making it, cos I brought it up. What a genius he is. So what if it is - what's he gonna do about it. Nothing. Simple, case closed. Can we get back to the thread topic now. About More Married people on hubpages and all. smile

1. Pamda Man profile image59
        Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol. You 100% disagree within your heart. You just see that not just agvulpes is disagreeing with you so you scared. Lol. And now you try to switch people's directions. If you want to get back to the thread, you would have done that before these posts.

1. profile image0

ha ha ha. You crack me up, Pamda. Everytime you post something, I just start laughing. Sorry, I cant help it. Your name Pamda man pretty much makes you a joke in here. Most people in here think so, man. They tell me how weird they think you are. Now thats a popular notion for ya ass! Ha ha ha

32. earnestshub profile image81

Gettin warm in here!

33. lawretta profile image62
    lawrettaposted 14 years ago

I am not married but i am in a relationship. Interesting thread!!!

34. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Happily married for many years. And still having great fun. Maybe my hubby should join HP too!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)