Can't get this published

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Jonathon Tyson profile image61
    Jonathon Tysonposted 7 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I have adjusted my article many times and can't work out for the life of me why it won't get published. There are no spammy elements in the slightest and I have gone over all the grammer.
    Could someone please take a look at it and tell me what im doing wrong:
    http://hubpages.com/health/Caring-and-S … h-Dementia

P.S. I have to put a link to my article here because I can't find any email contact option to the admins.

Regards,
    Jonny

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Because it hasn't been published, we can't see it using that link.  You should've received an email from Admin telling you why it wasn't accepted, and there's a link in that email which you can use to post on the forums.

If you didn't get the email, check your spam folder and also check your notification settings. 

It may help to take a look at my Hub on HubPages Rules (you'll find it in the slider on my profile).  There may be a rule you've missed or not quite understood.

2. Marketing Merit profile image94
      Marketing Meritposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Obviously you can write, so that's not an issue but somehow, the article doesn't flow right and I'm not entirely sure how best to advise you. However, as a couple of pointers, I would suggest you look at the following:

Larger photo at the top. The one you have used seems rather small.
      You should really credit the source of your photographs.
      Formatting of headers seems rather strange in places eg: Symptoms of Dementia followed by FORGETFULNESS.
      Move the video from the end of the article to somewhere more appropriate.
      Add a poll - helps engage readers.
      Some of the explanations given under signs of dementia are rather short and thus, not helpful eg: behaviour.
      Also, ask yourself if your article addresses the topic i.e. caring and supporting dementia sufferers. Although you explain dementia symptoms, there is not a considerable amount of advice as regards how to care and support. This should also be reflected in your headings.

I'm really interested in dementia and loved your opening paragraph about sufferers wanting to go home by the way. Best of luck with this. I am sure other Hubbers will be along to help you also.

3. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I hope the Hub gets published, very important information in it as far as I'm concerned, very relevant to me because I've been taking care of my mother who has dementia for years now; it's refreshing to read an article like that, makes me realize I'm not the only one dealing with this stuff. I learned from it too, going to try to implement some of the info.

Anyway, personally I couldn't find much wrong with the article and I'm hard pressed to know why it's not published.

1. Jonathon Tyson profile image61
        Jonathon Tysonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Nate.
        Your response means a lot!

2. Jonathon Tyson profile image61
    Jonathon Tysonposted 7 years ago

It actually has been published a few times.
    I have read the reasons but no matter how much I edit it it returns with the same automated response.
    Being not spammy at all, it must come under the category of "not receive high enough ratings to meet HubPages' quality standards".
    But as I stated before; I have gone over the grammer and spelling and found no errors, used 1186 words and included 3 pictures and 1 video.
    Also, this is 100% my work and won't be found anywhere else on the internet.

I will try one of your suggestions in your hub and copy it into a word processor and do a grammer and spell check and see what happens.

Thanks,
    Jonny

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 7 years ago

Jonny,

I see you just recently signed up with HubPages, so let me start with a hearty welcome.

The things I've noticed with your hub are my opinion, but hopefully will help. The subtitles you use are kind of out of wack. When people read on the internet they tend to browse subtitles first to see if they can quickly find the answer they are looking for.

The most important thing for you, as a writer, is to deliver on the promise you make with your title. That means to give the information the reader is expecting from the title. Most of your hub explains the symptoms of dementia, but the title promises more about how to care for dementia patients.

I see that you do indeed answer that question at the very end, but the subtitle does not make that clear and a reader who scans will miss it.

Therefore, here is what I would do:

1. All the subtitles that are fully capitalized should be sub-sub to the subtitle "Symptoms of Dementia". So don't make them stand out more boldly that the subtitle to that section. The main subtitle of that subsection should stand out. So I would just change all the symptoms to bold title-case rather than making them huge capital letters, as you have done. Highlight those sub-subtitles and make them heading3 or heading4.

2. Change the last subtitle "Lack of Motivation" to something more related to the subject of that section, such as "How to Help Them".  After all, that's what you are discussing in that section and THAT is basically what you were promising in the title. So, make it stand out. Make sure to format that subtitle as heading2.

3. Don't make the entire last section bold. Remove that bold formatting and make that text just regular text under the "Conclusion" subtitle.

While you're at it, create an "author bio" and assign it to your hub. Go to your "account" page and click the "about the author" tab.

You did very well with leading up to the issue by explaining the symptoms, and concluding with what the title promised, but you lost the reader because of the weird arrangements of subtitles. That's easy to fix, and I think you'll be on your way to success.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Jonathon, What happened?  I gave you a lot of pointers to help you get your hub featured, but now I see you completed removed it. I hope you're not giving up! You are a good writer.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)