My Hub didn't make it past the QAP again:(

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Trihorus profile image69
    Trihorusposted 7 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Possibility of life beyond earth (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

Please go through this hub and point out my mistakes. Also tell me the ways to improve my hub so that i gets published this time.

I had the following message : " Please proofread your hubs"
    Thanks again!

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

There are several issues with your hub, and yes, it does need proofreading.

Your title and sub-headings should be written in title case: Possibility of Life Beyond Earth

"Our day to day life is as busy as we hate to admit it." What does that mean? No-one hates admitting they are busy - it's nothing to be ashamed of. That sentence is what we call 'waffle'. It has no bearing on the topic and is just generic fluff. You don't need it.

You put your 'thinking cap' on when you need to solve a problem. It doesn't work in this context.

Your whole introduction is mostly 'waffle', I'm afraid. It can be reduced to one sentence/question, "Does life exist beyond Earth?

You have some odd instances of capitalisation - 'sustain' in the first paragraph, for example. Here's another, "Being an Universal solvent". That sentence should read "As a universal solvent..."

"Life Can't thrive on a planet which gets continuously bombarded by outer space debris - asteroids, comets and various other objects that will potentially wipe out any life that has thrived and then it will take a sufficient amount of time for life to thrive back."

You used 'thrive' three times in that very long sentence. Do you think you could rework it? How about "A planet which is continually bombarded by space debris, such as asteroids and meteors, cannot realistically support life for any length of time."

Sorry I haven't got time to go through the whole article. You could try using Grammarly and Hemingway to tidy up the writing.

As far as content is concerned, you need to go through the whole article and pinpoint what you need to do to present your ideas in a concise way. Get rid of all the unnecessary words that are mere 'filler'.

Also be careful of all those assumptions you are making; as Wilderness notes in the comments, life may not always be carbon-based.

There is a lot of work there to clean it up, but I'm sure you can do it.

Good luck.

Trihorusposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I have realised where I have fallen short. I will make sure I edit everything again and polish the overall article more removing those fluffs.

2. profile image0
      RTalloniposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Very often people who ask others to point out their mistakes become offended with honest responses, but since you ask so pointedly I'll mention that I could only read through the first paragraph because it is rife with error and is too long.  You should proofread your work and study up on how to write paragraphs for online writing.

That said, I did scan the remainder of your post and it is difficult to read for many reasons.  You feel passionately about this subject but are trying to use theory and supposition as facts.  That life on earth is unique is no issue but you have dismissed what life is after death on this earth and how its Designer has communicated what we need to know about it at this point.

Reason and Wonder: Why Science and Faith Need Each Other states that "Oxford scholar C. S. Lewis wrote about the possibility of life beyond Earth and its implications in his works of both theology and science fiction" in its coverage of the topic. Reading his work, as well as others, such as Escape from Reason by Francis A. Schaeffer would be a huge help in understanding the subject you are exploring.

Trihorusposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hello RTalloni,
        I'm glad that you provided me with your feedback, and no you can get brutally honest with me. I appreciate that you took some time to read my hub and let me knew why it fell short. In the end, I want to improve, and your feedback is highest in my regard that helps me to get better. thanks!
        Please, could you tell me what you intended to say by "That life on earth is unique is no issue but you have dismissed what life is after death on this earth and how its Designer has communicated what we need to know about it at this point." I couldn't quite follow it.

1. profile image0
          RTalloniposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I can see that saying you "'dismissed' what life after death is..." was not fair to you for I don't know that you've dismissed it.  I should have seen that you may simply not yet know and I should have responded more fairly to you.  Please accept my apology.

To answer your question about what I meant by the statement you quoted requires a two-fold answer.  To be more clear on "life on earth is unique..." I meant that it is established fact that no other known-by-us planet or universe is set up similarly, and that your post reiterates that established information. 

On the second part of the statement the reference to Designer refers to our Creator.  One of the references to the concept that is useful to a heart and mind wanting to understand is John 1:3.  He is our Author and in spite of efforts to disprove the facts and color the data with man's theories, creation continues to prove His Word on the topic as researchers continue to uncover its mysteries.   

A person who will humbly ask God for help to read and understand His Word to us will gain His help to see what He is showing us.  He wants us to share our questions and concerns with Him.  He wants the relationship with us that takes us through this life and into life beyond this one that we now experience.  He desires us to trust Him so we can have abundant life no matter our circumstances in this world and belong to Him in Christ so that we can be with him after death as eternity unfolds.

Anyone can begin reading His Word and I recommend starting with either a NAS or an ESV Bible. You might like to note that a scientifically inclined mind might appreciate beginning with the book of Mark.  Just find a quiet place and talk to God like you would a friend who cares for you. Ask Him to help you read and understand what He has to say to you. Ask Him to help you seek Him. Let Him surprise you.

That said, reading what others have studied about the created world and universe we live in would be of help as you explore what you are looking at in your hub.  "Why God Created the World" from Desiring God, "The Created World, A Creationist Perspective: Part 1" from Answers in Genesis, CRI's "The Creation Story: How Old is the Earth?", and "The Creation Answer Book" from CMI could all be useful even if you only want to balance your thinking on the topic. 

Each of these resources offer more if you explore their websites, and other resources include https://creationtonewcreation.com/2014/ … n-carson/, http://www.gty.org/resources/sermons/90 … on-part-1, http://www.icr.org/article/bible-believ … sts-past/, http://day4.org/resources/famous_scientist/, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv4kx2QP4UM, and https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/132 … olumes_1_3

There are plenty of resources refuting the positions that these scientists and authors present but they all leave us unsatisfied in this life or at least at the point of death. A Biblical world view directly opposes a Godless world view, obviously, but anyone exploring the topic you ask about in your hub can at the very least embrace the opportunity to thoroughly explore both opposing sides in the way they are intended to be explored.  "Mere Christianity" from C. S. Lewis and "The Language of God" by Francis S. Collins would be helpful if you pursue the chance to do so.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)