Finally, Police are taking down protesters blocking traffic.

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (40 posts)
  1. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Obama's stand-down orders have been changed, now police can deal with the anarchists and anti-Donald Trump protesters from blocking traffic.  They took these guys down gently but firmly. 

Portland Police respond to protesters blocking traffic 1/25/2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0f3SnOiqcs

Several videos of the incident surfaced on social media after the altercation.

Its about time, the tables are turned.  These anarchists and protesters are far-left-wingers, and everyone should be glad to see the police being allowed to do their jobs. 

The George Soros' bused in and paid for anarchists have become a joke...thanks to President Trump.  This is a great start, and a very big favor for the Democrats.

1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

The protests will continue regardless of the conservative and rightwing desire to muzzle all forms of dissent in regards to the reign of the Chosen One. The real issue is that conservatives do not like dissent and the media attention it gets and what it takes from Trump.

There still is a line regarding the right to protest verses violence to persons, destruction of property or otherwise interfering with the public thoroughfare. The recent woman's march was an example of a successful protest and I am encouraging dissenters to work along that model, acquiring permits if necessary.

Despite of the Trump regime, the Left will fight tooth and nail to retain the right of peaceful protest, whether the Political Right likes it or not. You can't be afraid of a few people voicing their displeasure, after all, you have the White House and both Chambers of Congress?

colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The riot police were actually being cheered.  Yes! Public support in the street for beating down Antifa anarchist protesters that were blocking traffic as they screamed and leaned on vehicles.  They didn't really even have a message.  They were just blocking traffic and disrupting business of people who may or may not support Trump.

"Given their behavior during the inaugurations, when Antifa rioters smashed up businesses and violently attacked Trump supporters - it couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people."

I don't like seeing the riot police out in full gear out on the streets. I don't like seeing people thrown down and arrested mob-style by police.  That is the last thing I want to see.  But, as Ron Paul said, if these protesters continue in their behavior in the streets, they will be the ones that bring in martial law.  This is just the fact. These Antifa protesters need to get themselves under control because if they don't THEY will be the reason martial law is brought in, not Donald Trump.  Spread the word!

Why would anyone want martial law?   Are they idiots?
        I am for freedom of speech and we all know Trump is. Violence and disruptions like blocking traffic is not a right, its against the law.  It has to stop before they ruin it for everyone.  But, finally the police are not being ordered to stand down! 

Hopefully, those idiots will get the message loud and clear soon.

Added:  Its not difficult to stay on topic.

2. PhoenixV profile image63
        PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The womens march was not a successful model because " they were afraid of a few women that wanted to voice their opinion and protest. "  and excluded them.

I dunno, Phoenix, 3 to 4million participants across the globe in protest on exactly the same day seems pretty successful to me. Look at all that great media coverage!!

1. PhoenixV profile image63

Doesnt matter if it was 8 billion. And of course they are going to get media. Even Hellen Keller knows thats a given.  They messed up excluding other women. Not too enlightened and sophisticated if everyone must think exactly the same way. Are they women with their own minds or not. It was funded by Soros.

Edit.

I dont care about Soros funding it, but HE is a partner but women with their own minds are not?

Money talked and women had to walk away.

2. Credence2 profile image79

That's BS, Phoenix, the Right is downright intimidated and justifiably so, but there is nothing they can do about it.  The Hair Apparent may well find that his reach will well exceed his grasp, and this is just the beginning........ I will demolish the reactionary's edifice one brick at a time.

I would prefer rebuttal to the points specifically. Saying you will demolish something along with the claim of some reactionary seems contradictory. Orange Sauron is not likely intimidated.

Look, Phoenix, the fact that the March is illegimate to you regardless of the depth and breath of participation is not lost on me. There are now so many protests, like brush fires around the country and I can only admonish my comrades in arms to stay peaceful and law abiding in their protests. We don't want to provoke the Trump regime and his jackbooted responses, now do we? I have heard only spotted reports about women that were excluded. But, it has been hailed as far more successful than otherwise and you can bet when the ladies get home they are not going back to knitting, there are further plans in the making.This has been the largest protest in American history and you poo-poo it?

I don't like right wingers nor their manner of thought, that you already know. What is it that you want me to specifically rebut?

Well if they are breaking the law it wont be some chimera with jackboots it will just be the police. The imagination is getting out of control. Ideas have the ability cause negative outcomes.  It becomes self fulfilling. Youre a man. Right? Can you tell me no woman has groped you? They have me. Most of the time it was okay. Not every time. Have you ever heard women talk on a couple martinis? Make Trump blush probably. You know how much heroin coming into the country, where its coming from and how many od? This is 2017 and we are wide open for another 911. All that is prolly moot point. Hillary and Trump probably drinking mimosas and lol at us. Well Trump probably drinking and Hillary is prolly having a her usual bag of o neg.

2. colorfulone profile image78

lol   So true!

3. colorfulone profile image78

Its true the so-called Women's March didn't allow any women to join in the march that aren't mentally deranged like they are.   It was funded by the evil Soros.

2. colorfulone profile image78

Micah Rhodes, an anti-Trump protest leaders of Portland’s Resistance was arrested for sexually abusing a boy.  He was already a registered sex offender.  Pedophiles sure are anti-Trump,  oh, that speaks volumes.     

This is the kind of scum leading protests?  Yepperz!   Lock them up one by one.  Repeat sexual offenders don't deserve to living free in a nation like America because they abuse that freedom.  Thank God this creep was caught.   

May he find Jesus in prison and turn his life around, I pray. 
      http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/31/leade … ing-minor/
      http://www.kgw.com/news/crime/portland- … /394582060
      http://koin.com/2017/01/30/portlands-re … ual-abuse/

So how many pedophiles are pro-Trump?

You go find some authentic political statistics, only original sources, I bet there aren't any....but I'm sure you could make some up!

Let them out of the closet.

Any of us can just 'bet', I doubt is there is such a statistic one way or the other, but that does not substatiate your point nor perspective.

You would most likely not 'get' my point or my perspective in the first place, because we are as far as the East is to the West as far as perspectives go.

Gosh, a pedophile got arrested and he was a anti-Trump protest leader.  Hmmm!   Methinks you protest too much about my perspective.

"because we are as far as the East is to the West as far as perspectives go"

This is true, I know that it is time for the sanitarium if I drift to closely to your perspective on most things.

Ecclesiastes 10:2-3   "A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left.  Even when the fool walks along the road, his sense is lacking and he demonstrates to everyone that he is a fool.…"

Leftie Micah Rhodes, the pedophile, anti-Trump protest leader is a fool.   
                  Maybe he needs to go to a sanitarium?  Repeat sex offenders are insane.
                  I do hope he will repent and turn his life around.

Today's rightwinger is anything but wise. The analogy you make with biblical text is of no meaning at all, so why use it?

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

I'm a realist and I do not understand why we can't call America's protesters exactly what they are ----Anarchists !  And , for the most part they are uninformed of the politics of the  issue  in general as well as of the subject they protest specifically !    Take the woman's march - They call out  Trump for the exact things that they SHOULD have called out  Obama and  the Clintons for , ...........AND , if women protest bigotry , sexism ,  religious , inequality  and burn the American flag ?...........etc.

Why don't they center their protests AT the particular foreign  embassies that  represent populations and politics of the eleventh century or earlier ?  The  Iranian , Syrian ,Iraqi  , Mexico , Somalia , even the European countries that  have tighter controls over even women rights than America does  ?
    Go burn their embassies , vehicles , flags ,if you really want to make a statement  .

Hypocrisy lives ,especially in  all the protest marchers !

For some people, anyone who marches against right wing oppression and tyranny is an anarchist....

It has to do with  nothing  more than your voicing displeasure and dissent or just simply being there.

For me,  that  attitude is dead in the water at the start.

No rapists, murders, or crazy celebs were at the March for Life. 

No one was nasty, repulsive, disrespectful, calling names, revolting, disgusting, abhorrent, repugnant, offensive, vile, foul, loathsome, sickening, nauseating, hateful, detestable, monstrous, noxious, horrendous, obnoxious, unsavory, unpleasant, distasteful or promoting ideas of terrorism....like they had at many the so-called anarchist Women's March events. 

I saw enough video footage to make me sick and ashamed of women that are nut-cases, with liberal mental disorders.

Oh, there were real women marching, speaking and protesting for real women's rights, like the women who suffer under Sharia law.   But, they weren't acting out like the ones mentioned above, they acted like respectable ladies.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)