Fan Mail

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (26 posts)
  1. sallybea profile image94
    sallybeaposted 7 years ago

I cannot reply to fan mail.  The page won't load.  Has anyone else been having this problem?

1. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This bug has been reported to the engineers and will be fixed soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

sallybeaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Matt.

2. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Just want to let everyone know the Fan Mail bug has been fixed.

Many thanks Matt.

3. Au fait profile image85
      Au faitposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you sallybea, for resolving this issue.  I really didn't think it was a glitch, but that it had been taken away.  Glad you brought it up and now it's working again.

2. Au fait profile image85
    Au faitposted 7 years ago

I have found it impossible to leave fan mail.  I figured it had been taken away like so many other things we used to have available.

I figured it would be nice to thank the people who wanted to follow me.  Seems only polite to me.

1. Au fait profile image85
        Au faitposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it would be nice if it were corrected so it works again -- or returned if it's been taken away.  I haven't seen anything about it being removed, so maybe it is just a glitch.

2. kenneth avery profile image80
        kenneth averyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

@sallybea,
        "Yes! Finally. Someone who thinks like me (about this one area) of emailing my new followers and yes, this is only courteous.
        sallybea, you still rock <3

Thanks Kenneth, call me old fashioned or what!

1. kenneth avery profile image80

smile sallybea, you, My Friend, ARE NOT old fashioned.
            Courteous? Talented writer? Yes on both counts.
            But certainly NOT old fashioned.

Thank you, Kenneth, you are too kind:)

1. kenneth avery profile image80

Aweee, how sweet. Thank you for the warm comment. I wish that were the case, but I lean toward Honesty rather than rest of sweetness. Wow! That sounded intelligent, right?

3. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 7 years ago

I too noticed that we no longer seem to be able to post fan mail. Someone asked about it in a forum a week or so back and I thought it must have been a glitch. However, now when you follow someone the fan mail window no longer pops up. It has probably been removed like the voting buttons, Hub of the Day etc. but it is strange that no announcement was made. I personally don't think it should have been removed as it is just depersonalising the site even more.

The page won't load for some reason, it just keeps on searching.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
        Venkatachari Mposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I just posted a fan mail to you. I don't know whether you got it or not? The page shows it is still "working" circling continuously. But, at least I was able to type it and then clicked the send button also.

Venkatachari M thank you for doing that but I never received it.  Like you I find the circle just works continuously until I get fed up and leave the page:)

So, there must be some problem with it. The technical staff should look into it. Let us see if anybody responds to Jodah's post.

2. Jodah profile image91
        Jodahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I posted this in the technical questions forum to see if we get a response from HP staff.

Thank you Jodah, I saw it:)

2. Venkatachari M profile image84

Thank you, John, for posting this in the technical forum. Wish some staff answer's it.

1. Jodah profile image91

Here is the reply I received in the Technical forum:

Matt Wells posted 9 hours ago
            JODAH WROTE:

It appears that the fan mail feature is not working. When you follow a new Hubber the "fan mail" box does either not appear or if it does what you type is continually loading and never sends. Can this be checked out please.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This bug has been reported to the engineers and will be fixed soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

1. Jodah profile image91

Ok, I see Matt replied here also. Great!

Good to see that they have responded and trying to fix it.
                But, it is not only with new followers. I follow sallybea since long ago. I tried just sending her a fresh fanmail to see whether it is working or not (and, I really appreciate her great hubs). But, it didn't get posted as confirmed by her.

Venkatachari M, thank you but I did not receive this one either:)  Have a great day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)