Will Progressives praise Trump for anything?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (34 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 7 years ago

A simple question for Progressives. I realize you are against Trump and will do anything and everything to protest...and attack his administration and his policies.
    Here is the simple question - Is there anything that Trump does you will praise him for (even if it is a progressive idea?)
    For one example, Trump has said in the past he support a single payer healthcare system...
    What if he replaces Obamacare with a Single Payer System?  which is the holy grail of all progressive organizations.
    What would you say then?

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Persistence and stubbornness, if he could apply this for the good for all. I would follow him to the end of the earth.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Progressives could be handed  absolutely free health care ,  lifetime college education  vouchers ,and free "Ben and Jerry's " ice cream for life , And the holy grail itself by Trumps very own hands and they would still revert to sticking their index fingers down their own throats .     That is the collective  dues of being in the new left inn America , AND mainstream Democrats are perfectly willing to let the  soldiers of the revolution hand them whatever else comes for free .
        http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13395859.jpg

If potatoes head liberal only invest their money on ice cream and love to fight in the streets.

You better off finding why social system are more efficient in Canada and in Northern Europe where people are healthier, happier and less criminals than in America.

2. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I was excited about plans for new investment in infrastructure, and it looked like an opportunity to get something useful done. Sadly Trump's attacks on the Constitution, and the judiciary, are making it politically costly for Democrats who wanted to work on this. Interesting article about it here:

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/ … n-new-dems

jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It is hard to bet against someone who wins most of his life.
        Trump, like him or not, is not a quitter. He has done so far most of what he campaigned on...
        Is there anything you progressives will give him credit for?

1. What if the economy turns around and we have 4% GDP?
        2. What if jobs pick up and real unemployment is down?
        3. We are one terrorist attack from closing the immigration gap from Middle East...
        4. Sanctuary cities has met their match, Trump will pull Federal funding to stop them from disobeying current laws...
        5. Healthcare the sky is the limit, any changes to Obamacare will be welcomed by all clear thinking people.

1. Don W profile image82
          Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

None of that is worth more than the Constitution.

Very true if the Constitution was violated. Where were you when Obama trashed our Constitution?

The solution is to lock up the centro bankers, ban Israel and replace the Federal government with the American people.

Of course you can't do that, America loves these corrupted Corporation more than they do for American citizens combined.

Only solution is Civil and World war, I'll be hidden somewhere esle safe.

Your doomsday scenerio is over the top. Our country is unique and will survive any one individual. We had great Presidents, good presidents and not so good Presidents and even the disaster of presidents.
                That is the beauty of our Constitution, it makes us immune from dictators and tyrants. You can hide under your desks.

True, but not this time.
                  Only chance is a wake up after a 2nd America' s civil war then move into a full revolution when the greedy steal from your accounts to pay for a world war.

Then only then take down your greedy zionist owners. It will be bigger than the second world  war. Take the nuke codes away from that Orange clown Trump.

You keep under estimate him "the clown" you called him. I don't know if you remember bsck in the 1980s, they try to do the same to Reagan,
                    They thought he was going to start WW3. Guess what, they were wrong, instead he ended the cold war without firing a shot. Reagan was one of our greatest President in the modern ages.

3. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Here is the simple question - Is there anything that Trump does you will praise him for (even if it is a progressive idea?)

I am solidly Anti-Trump more than I have been' anti' any President since birth.
      He is turning out to be quite the boor. I did mention that he could receive praise from the progressive community, but that is simply not likely unless he changes in a substantial way. Small things like to cease the stupidity of the idea that the overwhelming number of anti-Trump protests participants are all being paid.

Trump offer a single payer health plan in clear defiance of GOP orthodoxy? He doesn't have the courage to actually take a stand in interests of the people.Trump is a plutocrat, why do you think he going to do anything for the man in the street? He is just putty in the GOP establishments hands.

I put it to you this way, I will believe it when I see it.

4. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I told you that I would give Trump praise when due. This reluctant recognition comes from his recent decision to carry on with the tradition of a "One China" policy (44 years)as the perquisite for any diplomatic initiative in Sino-American relations. The concept is understood as not negotiable.  Someone odd must have whopped Trump over the head or led him into quiet room where the reality of global politics in this matter was quietly explained over his objections. Another good lesson for him to learn, that the world is not going to comply with his directives just because he is Donald Trump. A lesson in humility that he needed to learn and seemed to have learned well.

I can move the doomsday clock from 3 minutes from midnight to a safer 4 minutes.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

If he builds on the Affordable Care Act, I'll be happy to give him credit.  If the economy grows and all classes benefit from it, I'll give him credit.  If any of his appointees improve the agencies they oversee, I'll be glad.  If he keeps America at peace and rebuilds our broken military, he gets the applause. I appreciate anyone who moves America in the right direction to improve lives - not just the 1% - but the general population.  If he does any of that - great.  But don't expect praise until he does any of that, because so far, this looks like the biggest mistake since New Coke.

3. profile image53
    Mrossbrokensystemposted 7 years ago

Is there a reason you don't think we are oppressed in the same way via a system that is nothing more than revenue for the state? The people who control u and me along with all others have no interest in justice. They simply want to fund all things they deem important to their agenda(whatever it may be) and use non-viloant offenders as a means to that end. They also set all up for failure in the probation system they have in place after they are given sentence. The fact that if one pays their fines the same day they start probation, that is all that the state requires for said offender the complete in order to no longer be on probation. In short if u have money you are no longer forced to pee in a cup or any other number of things that vilolate the civil rights of a person to insure they won't be getting out of the grip of the system until they pay a great deal of money. And if u don't have it, well all the hoops you must jump through are your interest payments to them. Is it right for one to be jailed or found in contempt simply because they don't pay money! Make no mistake that is exactly how our system works. And to me that is the worst way to oppress a human and insure that person has no real freedom. Of the mind or any other way of life. Am I the only one who thinks this is not only hipocricy at its peak, but just plain awful to do to people. Those who have never been in the clutches of the court can never understand how this feels. Its no longer about right and wrong. No, it's about how much money you can pay to feel like a free person again. We are so far from free it's nothing but a joke at this point. You WILL do as they tell you to! Or suffer greatly! Freedom is nothing more than a myth that our flag makes all who look upon it think they are free. But it's the biggest scam ever to befall a people in modern times. Anyone have any thoughts on this subject? I would really like to hear what some intelligent people think about such injustices as that. Thanks, hope I got at least one person to think for a brief moment.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

We are still recovering from the damage Reagan did to our economy.  We were on our way under President Obama.  Now we will likely be in the same shape again within four years.  Deregulation was Reagan's legacy and look what a mess it has made of our country.

Are you kidding? Reagan's recovery was 3 times that of Obama's. You are trying to re-write history and unfortunately the millenials of today does not know of Reagan and what he did to save our country from the maliase of Carter and of ending the evil empire of the Soviet Union. Any honest student of history would give Reagan the credit for saving our country from decline. For that reason and more, he is consistently rated as one of our top presidents in the modern era. You don't have to take my word for it. Just google it...

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The rewriting of history and the ignorance of the truth is PATHETIC, isn't it?

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

The number of jobs that United States employers added in January is 227,000. It was the best job growth the country has seen since since September. Last year’s average was a monthly gain of 187,000 jobs per month.
    From: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/06/trump … z4Y2RaowT4

Many hope President Trump will:

1. Keep AMERICAN businesses in AMERICA.
    2. Renegotiate BAD trade deals.
    3. Slow ILLEGAL immigration.
    4. SLOW the spread of Islamist TERRORISM.
    5. Repeal and REPLACE Obamacare.
    6. REFORM the IRS.
    7. STRENGTHEN our military.
    8. Appoint COMMONSENSE Supreme Court justices. 
    9. IMPROVE our overall standing in the WORLD.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

What did the left Hope Hillary would do as POTUS? What would they like President Trump to do while in office?

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This post isn't about Hillary, isn't it? What would they like the orange man-baby ("President Trump" - LOL good one!) to do while in office? Resign and that his crony cabinet with him!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)