Ever Wonder Why its Only Liberal Heads That Explode in Protest ?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (52 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Seriously ?
    http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13401505.jpg

And when they do , They all react the same .

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13401506.jpg

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 7 years ago

Don't blow my top over anything anymore. The way some of these people react, it likely someone will put Trump into a danger.

3. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 7 years ago

Liberals are the only ones smart enough to realise that protest is the only weapon available to stop a tyrant so you can save all your baby a$$wipes for yourself. But the protests will rage on and there will be no calm on the political front for the rightwinger. Got you sitting on eggshells all of the time? Yet, this is just the beginning.....

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Got you sitting on eggshells all of the time?"

Actually, yes.  Will it be my car that is burned next time?  Will I be caught in the next riot and injured/killed?  Will the road be blocked when the ambulance tries to get to my home in an emergency?  Eggshells is a good word for it.

1. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Far more subtle than that, Wilderness. How long will the "Exalted One" tolerate a free press and assembly as it brings negative attention to his agenda? It begins with press muzzling and moves toward censorship. Next will be roundups and the gulag for anyone that may have a word of disparity  to share about 'His Fullness'.

Peaceful or not, Trump will not tolerate dissent at any level, and will search for methods legal, or extra-legal to staunch the flow. Being the narcissistic clown that he is, watch and see that I am correct in this assessment.

You run scared of an imagined end to free press: I'll put my fears into the known riots that libs are performing.

2. Will Apse profile image87
        Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with all Americans during their terrible ordeal of being alive.

On a less cutting note:

Using the vast power of the state to crush all dissent and the power of the courts to jail millions can only ever be a short term solution to problems of inequality, poverty, racism and the general malaise of a society dedicated purely to materialism.

2. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Quite frankly ,I believe  the right is probably more prepared and primed for the next phase of America's  uprisings . Especially if the left gets even  more violent .  But prepared though , it won't be nice .

3. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No one is sitting on egg shells. I, for one, am simply shaking my head at the selfish arrogance of the left.

1. PhoenixV profile image64
        PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Its almost like something bad is going to happen if everyone doesnt give in to liberal demands. Its really frustrating to me because they dont seem to have any explicit or coherent demands.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
          Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I notice the right media picks out young kids often and ask them questions. Where if you ask left minded people here online, you will get a much better reply.

To me Onesidedness is not smart.  When your fighting , then bankers are laughing away wail stealing your money, and things are going to their plan, excellent. Mmoo ha ha mmooo a ha

2. Live to Learn profile image61

I see the primary demand as ensuring we all see their overpowering hatred of all things conservative.

Along with the inevitable and gratuitous warning of you haven't seen nothing yet

1. Live to Learn profile image61

LOL. And, I'm sure they fantasize about everyone shaking in their boots. That's OK though. They are simply the flip side of the coin. It wasn't too long ago I had to listen to tea partyers giving dire warnings that the revolution was at hand.

Nobody is talking about Revolution, but we have to give the Tea Party credit where it is due. They may have had a large role in the losses suffered by the Dems during the 2010 midterms. So, we've got 2018 coming up and change can be affected without revolutionary fervor.

I would prefer revolutionary fervor to the childish tantrums we are observing from the left at the moment.

Never heard anybody as deep into Revolution as Steve Bannon.

2. Credence2 profile image79

I prefer the current approach as it get the changes we are looking for without upsetting the apple cart of government based upon rule by law. You can call protests tantrums if you like, I call it freedom of assembly and speech.

3. PhoenixV profile image64

Obama gave everyone free phones. Trump needs to take them away and ground them. Democrats need to go clean their rooms. Philosophically.

2. PhoenixV profile image64

Oh I remember tea parties and even tough talk from conservatives. I just dont remember any of them setting cars on fire.

We have got a few bad apples but that does not reflect the whole bunch. The scientist and acedemic community marches and that planned for First Nations will hardly be a riot, but with good press coverage we can put the negative focus on Trump Regime policy, all the same

I guess you all can blame that 'liberal press'?

Yet, this is just the beginning.....

Ya win some ya lose some. Liberals need to rage on down at the voting booth and show some grace and stay away from my car.

2. Credence2 profile image79

So look who came out of retirement......

Not really. I've been somewhat addicted to a game on my phone. Every weekend they have level up challenges and I get about 28 hours of free play time. I'm only here now because my phone is charging. smile

My problem is with reactionaries, which is what Trump and his followers are, not classic conservative in that sense.

You may be right.   They are reacting to the gross mishandling of government over the past couple of decades.  And just as you say, neither Trump nor his followers are classic conservatives.

big_smile  We can agree of something!

Only problem is learning to discern the difference in the 'Trump Approach' and those of the mainstream GOP, he is either 'in like Flynn' with their royalty, or has folded up like a lawn chair before them and their policies.  Much like trying the tell the difference pepper and rat droppings?

If something 'bad' is considered more protest (peaceful), then I guess more 'bad' is coming.

First Nations consisting of 300 tribes will be visiting Washington between 3/6 and 10, and they are not coming for tea. More great fun, yes?

Don't you get a little tired of having to continually insert that "peaceful" all the time, and then explain that rioters don't count because they aren't part of the movement?

I know I would...eventually I'd get so sick of seeing the violence every time there is a major "peaceful" protest I'd just give up on it.

Didn't I tell you that I have problems with violent protests? It is possible to protest and be peaceful, it that an impossible concept for you to consider?

4. profile image0
    jonnycomelatelyposted 7 years ago

Seriously?

Well maybe it's the right-winger nonsense-spinners who can't stand the heat of competition argument.  I mean, dropping down to a score of 50 and unpublishing?  What sort of metal is that?

Could it be something to do with dual identity?  When people claim to have a christian basis to their life, yet then treat others who are less fortunate in material terms as underdogs; and use all manner of questionable business tactics to make a quick buck....  Being called a liberal is therefore not so shameful by comparison....IMHO. smile

1. profile image0

I almost wish this deserved a response.

1. profile image0
        jonnycomelatelyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Pardon me for being so bold.  You claim the freedom to paint all "liberals" as a group that can be disparaged.  You apply a label, as though nothing any liberal ever says can be taken as legitimate.

Is this simply to stir up argument and controversy?  Can't you get away from your incessant beating up of "leftists," and intelligently consider each and every point of disagreement, without resorting to political labelling?   I purposely painted a picture of the "right wing," so as to show you what prejudice looks like.  I hope it registered with you; if not, then go your own way. 

Each and every person in a fair and supportive democracy is free to put in his/her point of view.  If the democratic society has any wisdom at all, it will listen to those differing points of view and glean, over time, what is most useful and edifying for the society at large.   "Universal" health services which are made available to the less fortunate of our society, can be a great benefit to everyone.  Granted there will be some who abuse the system and some of those will be relatively well off financially...not just the financial poor.  In fact if you have ever had to do business with the wealthy, you will know there can be a long wait before you get paid.  Those living humbly are more likely to pay up-front.

So, to address the title of this thread, I feel you need to see people more as people instead of tarring people with particular black/white/rainbow colours.  I promise to try and do the same.

2. PhoenixV profile image64

Maybe if you wrote liberal poetry youd get a higher score.

Where art thou fair hillary,
        In woods oer yonder.
        Looking for artillery?
        Or bills clothes to launder.

1. profile image0
          jonnycomelatelyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

++++. lol

If Trump can't write a poem , how will horse?.

Yes the presentation would be better than
            Why DAGG thoe ##**good for NUTING##?!!!××××#####$@ liberals!!!!

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

Yep.  You nailed us.  We are all exactly the same.  No differences among us at all.  Paint us with the same stroke. Lump us together. Slap that liberal label on us and be done with it.  You are exactly right about us.  No question.  No room for debate.  Period. Done. Over and Out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTFp7WG9J-E

1. profile image0

Uh Uh Uh Uh , remember ,......... Its the left that  constantly labels with the usual six or seven labels of usual social intolerance .!      Not the right , I guess there is at least one reason  they call us right ....................we are !

6. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

As to hub score ,  I was at a 98  or 99 years ago ,You should have been around  when it meant something to have a 100 and be thus sharing  with real artists ,   Nothing changed of my contributions in my hubs BUT the scoring  by Hub-page staff  , maybe they don't like conservative opinions too, !  I haven't contributed anything new for a couple of reasons , one , true artistry on hub-pages is  only recognized by how many varieties of brownie recopies you Hub , Hub pages is  no longer supportive of  any artistic content . Personally I believe hub-pages is changing and not for the better   ,As to painting those of the new left the same colors - in political  forums -  If you act the same - I will so paint you the same .

Here , maybe this helps , general  acceptability of  conservative  opinions .
    http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13402897.jpg

And If I offend your political sensibilities ;

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13402898.jpg

You write better than me. Have not heard you tell anyone to shutup like Steve Bannon.

Nobody will be able to shut me up. If they do, I'm out of the pleasure business.

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

" I just think the left had 8 years to get it right. They didn't."
    LtoL:  Don't know how you define right.  They saved the economy, reduced our involvement in two wars that had gone on for a decade with the smallest military since before WWII, brought health insurance to millions of people, reduced unemployment from historically high levels, and created millions of jobs.  After one of the worst presidencies in history, how much do think can get done in only 8 years?

1. profile image0

Even LESS than you are LEAD  to believe obviously  !

2. Live to Learn profile image61

No. They did not save the economy. I am confused as to how anyone could arrive at that conclusion. 

They did not reduce our involvement. As far as I'm concerned we have more involvement, or definitely not less, in the Middle East than we had when he took office.

They did not bring health insurance to millions of people. I pay and get nothing in return. I pay so that I won't be fined. What they did was have an orgy of pork barrel spending in order to agree on a bill that lined the pockets of the insurance companies at the expense of the American people. Anyone who thinks we got our money's worth out of that one is a dreamer.

And, my opinions on Obama's presidency are the culmination of watching eight years of ineffective leadership. Exactly how long has the left been able to observe Trump's leadership in order to come up with their conclusions? I don't think they bothered to observe anything. They came to the table with their minds firmly made up and their feet dug deep in the sand.
      They have not reduced unemployment. If you buy into the government's figures then that is your choice. Millions of jobs may have been created. I don't know that I would credit that to the government. I do notice that many, many part time jjobs are now there where full time employment was the norm.

You can chalk Bush up to one of the worst presidencies in history. I wouldn't argue that he was an ineffective commander in chief. I simply wouldn't define Obama as an effective one. We are more polarized as a nation than we have ever been. I will credit him with that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)