adding niche sites to adsense account

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (36 posts)
  1. letstalkabouteduc profile image95
    letstalkabouteducposted 7 years ago

I just read on another thread that we must add the niche sites to our AdSense account. I don't know anything about this and don't know how to do it. Could someone please give step-by-step directions on how to get this accomplished? I don't remember hearing about this when the niche sites started. Thanks.

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your question hit my curious bone. I signed into Adsense and the homepage report showed for sites; HubPages and DenGarden. I did not add DenGarden. So, I would just sign on and look first.

2. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

As far as I can see, this happens automatically.  I can see on my Adsense report, the earnings I have made from the niche sites.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image95
        SakinaNasir53posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sally! smile

Can you please tell me how to check Adsense reports? I haven't been able to understand that.

2. Saarith LM profile image90
        Saarith LMposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's interesting because I can only see earnings from Hubpages.

And it has always confused me that the performance screen does not add up to the actual earnings, while the reports for the hubpage site do.

3. Saarith LM profile image90
      Saarith LMposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Can you tell me were you read this? Want to read it myself.

2. ShailaSheshadri profile image91
    ShailaSheshadriposted 7 years ago

Even I want to know about this. I want to add a few niche articles to the AdSense account. I don't know how to do it. Please help me.

3. Kristen Howe profile image91
    Kristen Howeposted 7 years ago

Maybe it's still early for me yet. I haven't made anything from Letterpile. I just have HP under Adsense.

4. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 7 years ago

I posted instructions on the other thread. If none of you find it, let me know and I will explain later tonight. You only have to do it if you chose not to allow ads on sites without your permission.

5. Kristen Howe profile image91

Which thread, Lobobrandon?

6. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

You can add them, but it shouldn't be required.

1. Glenn Stok profile image94
      Glenn Stokposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Paul, some people may have enabled "Site Verification" in the past to protect their Adsense account, and then forgot that they need to turn on the "verified" switch for any new sites.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It depends if you've restricted your Adsense account to allowed sites only, which is the recommended setup for security reasons - and I do recall a thread on these forums recommending it some time ago, so longer-standing Hubbers have probably done so.

If you have Adsense set up for allowed sites only, then you don't earn anything from sites where  your ID appears but you haven't added them to your list of allowed sites.

7. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 7 years ago

Ok let me explain it again.

When you have an adsense account you have a publisher ID. This ID can be used by anyone on any site. Hubpages does not show ads on pages that may be against the Google Adsense TOS. However, your publisher ID could be used by anyone on the web on any site, even in areas that Adsense does not wish their ads to be shown. This could result in you losing your Adsense account. It's not common, but it does happen on rare occasions - Why risk it?

So what you do to prevent this is: Tell Adsense that you only wish to earn from ads (with your publisher ID) from websites that you approve. This way you have a 0% chance of being banned if someone uses your ads on a prohibited content site.

To do this you need to go to Settings > My Sites and activate this feature. Once this feature is activated you need to add the main domain of the websites where you wish to earn form. For example: hubpages.com, owlcation.com and all the other niche sites and your personal sites where you are willing to place ads with your publisher ID.

For those of you who have already opted for this feature, you will NOT earn anything from the niche sites (via adsense, HP ad program is different) unless you add the domains to your allowed list of sites.

8. Glenn Stok profile image94
    Glenn Stokposted 7 years ago

In addition to what Brandon clearly explained, I just want to add that the default setting is to allow your Adsense code to be used on any site.

However, to be safe and not let someone cause your account to be canceled, it's advisable to enable the setting for "Only authorize my verified sites to use my ad code." You get there by clicking the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of your "My Sites" page.  Then select "Site authorization."

If you never did this the sites get added automatically, but if you enabled site authorization then you need to always add any new niche site that you get moved into in order to keep earning from Adsense on those sites.

If you're not sure what you did in the past, go to "Settings > My Sites" and review what sites are there. It only shows five at a time, so you need to scroll.   Make sure each "Verified Site" is turned on  when you click the "v" symbol next to the site's URL.

If you definitely never opted for site verification, then you don't need to worry about missing payments for niche sites. However, I recommend you use this feature to avoid losing your Adsense account as Brandon explained.

When I have a hub moved to a new niche site that I never had anything on before, I always check to be sure it's listed in my verified sites.

1. letstalkabouteduc profile image95
      letstalkabouteducposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Brandon and Glenn, for taking the time to clearly explain this. I was confused. Your help is much appreciated!

2. sallybea profile image95

On my settings page, I only appear to have 1 subdomain of HubPages listed namely FeltMagnet but on the report page 1 other shows although I have articles in 3 subdomains.  I seem to be missing something!  I have verified the existing sites there but am wondering where I find the list of HubPages niche sites if they are not listed on the settings page.  The drop down menu does not reveal them either or even a manual search. Do I need to click the + button before I can do a search for one of the niche sites?

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Have you set it up so that only sites that you add are allowed to show ads?

1. sallybea profile image95

Yes, I have and each one is verified but the only niche site showing is FeltMagnet even though I have hubs in two others, one of which appears on my report page.  Do I have to click the green plus sign to add the other two? I am always petrified to do anything in my Adsense account in case I do it wrong:)

When you login to Adsense (I assume you are on a desktop and have the same design of Adsense as me):

On the left Sidebar > Click Settings > My Sites

Rows per Page set it to 20. (This is seen on the bottom of the page when on my sites).

Do you still not see the new niche site domains? If not there's a blue plus button on the top right (You say green, maybe it's green in your case?).

Click that symbol and you should see this:

Add a new site
            Please enter the URL of the site that you would like to add (e.g example.com)

New site URL (example.com)

Enter the new domain as owlcation.com for example. Hit Add Site.

That's it.

Thank you so much lobobrandon. All done now and I am so very grateful. Much appreciated.

You're welcome smile

Thanks, have a terrific weekend:)

3. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Glenn and Brandon. Now, I have the opportunity to continue earning.

9. Terrielynn1 profile image84
    Terrielynn1posted 7 years ago

Where do we do that?

Glenn and I have already explained, I don't think it can be any clearer. Maybe search for youtube videos?

10. Kristen Howe profile image91

Thanks you two. I would have to double-check it this weekend.

11. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image84
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 7 years ago

I added hub pages niche sites to my ad-sense account. Thanks.

12. Venkatachari M profile image86
    Venkatachari Mposted 7 years ago

Glenn and Marisa, how can anybody copy your ad-sense code and implement it on other sites? Is it possible? Does it appear to them?

It's very simple. Just copy your publisher ID. I can see it from the page source on any webpage.

13. Kristen Howe profile image91

Yes I am.  Let me do it right now and see what happens. Thanks for the tips.  I did it for Letterpile.com. I would keep this in mind, when I add more hubs to niches this spring.

Nice

14. Kristen Howe profile image91

Thanks. Now I have to figure out how to do Flipboard this weekend somehow.

Let me know how that goes. I know Glenn has a great article on it, but I don't have the time to do it right now.

15. Kristen Howe profile image91

I will. It's going to be my weekend project.

16. Grant's World profile image80
    Grant's Worldposted 7 years ago

Glad I found this thread. I didn't have a niche site added to adsense that I get the majority of my hubpages views from. Now maybe get some Adsense love.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)