Making a theft complaint to Google

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (27 posts)
  1. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 7 years ago

What is the email address for making a DMCA complaint for a trifling blogger on blogspot? I just went through a feedback route on "Google Blogger" site policies to ask for an address but I know that wasn't the proper procedure. I'm a little frazzled, mad because one of my best performers went from around 100 views yesterday to 13 today. Please HELP! sad  I'm also at jury duty, will check back. (Sigh)

1. ChristinS profile image38
      ChristinSposted 7 years agoin reply to this

https://support.google.com/legal/troubl … ts=1115645  Here, this is a link to the tool you use to report to Google.  Good luck.

jansharesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, ChristinS.

2. janshares profile image92

I've tried this before and was not successful because I get really confused with the steps. Once I get to the step with logging in to my Google account, I'm lost! Can't figure out what's next. It's probably me. I will have to find the specific steps, print it out and have it beside me when I have more time at my desktop. Or have someone walk me through it on the phone.

I've been trying to address this particular hub issue for some time. Could there be another reason this hub all of a sudden tanked? It's on a niche site and has been fine for months even though I couldn't get the copy taken down.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

When you follow the link that ChristinS gave you, what are you clicking at the bottom of the page?  You want
      "I have a legal issue that is not mentioned above".

Once you click on that, the rest is really obvious, so I'm guessing you are not clicking on that option.

Yes, I clicked on that, followed it, led to log in page. I'm off my desk top now, will try again tomorrow. Turning in for the night. Thanks, Marisa.

So, at what point did it send you to the login page?   Was it after you'd filled in the form, or before?

What you could try is logging in to Google first, then opening a second tab or second window and try following the link again.

"Could there be another reason this hub all of a sudden tanked?"

But of course! Google! I had a feeling.
      https://www.seroundtable.com/google-fre … 23538.html

3. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

Its driving me nuts too! some of the hubs you can't get a form for because the site in question doesn't have adverts so not googles problem! but that still takes our revenue just by being there. And the others take for ages
    Some times you can't contact the site purely because its owned by the person doing it! My adsense has gone down to 2 dollars a day! checking for copyright infringement I have found at least 30 of my top hubs, well, they are my top hubs! have all been copied! I am going to be there forever!

I never waste time contacting the site, unless it looks like someone who's done it innocently (e.g. a church reproducing an article on shyness because they think it's useful).   

What you need to do is find out who hosts the site and then report straight to them.  It's the same as when you report a Blogger blog to Google - Google is the host and they have the power to close them down.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

My attitude, too.  I think of the 100+ I've filed, I only though that 2 of them were innocent.  So I almost always go straight to the host.  Just wish I could get better results from foreign ones, particularly those in China.

Wish I could figure out what to do with "spun" copies, too - I've got over a dozen of those that I haven't filed on because I can't show that they are copies.  HP says they are, and they're right, but proving it is another matter.

1. Nell Rose profile image90
          Nell Roseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What annoys me is the non advertising ones. I mean what the hell is the point of them plagiarising our work, if they are not going to earn! its just plain stupid!

That's it, wilderness! It's spun, not a copy. They copied entire sections, rearranged the formatting, changed title and subtitles and added different images. And it is a foreign site, Chinese I think. Ugh!!!

4. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

I totally get you now! I just tried to file one too, and boy is it so complicated! I went through the whole thing and then it just stops! with a silly little note at the bottom saying, was that helpful???? er no its not! I want my stuff back!

OMGoodness, Nell so it's not just me.

Hi Jan, no I have so many that need doing, loads of mine have been copied. its a nightmare!

5. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 7 years ago

This takes you directly to the form. It's pretty straightforward.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools … &pli=1

Edit: Note that is for Blogger blogs.

Thanks Ragged, phew! lol!

Bev, thank you. When I click on this link, it takes me to log-in page. I log in and I'm on Google home page with a link to my blogspot. I see no directions to take me to any form.

1. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I just tried it on my tablet, where I'm not logged in to Google. You're right, it takes me to the log in page. But if I log in and leave it open in its new tab, and then go back and click the link again, it goes right to the form. It seems you need to be logged in to Google, then you can go directly to the form smile

Thanks, Bev. Will do that. smile

6. janshares profile image92

Submission of complaint to Google complete! Thank you, Bev, Marisa, ChristinS, Nell, and wilderness for your guidance and support. HP veterans rock!

1. Jesse Drzal profile image92
      Jesse Drzalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sorry you have to deal with that, janshares. You would think there would be more proactive things writers can do to protect their work. Someone should get busy designing some sort of anti-theft technology or something of that nature. If it can even be done I don't know.

Thanks, Jesse. I recall hearing about apps a few years back but I don't remember the name. We just have to deal with for now, comes with the territory.

It was Copyscape.

2. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Fantastic. Glad to help smile

7. janshares profile image92

FYI/Update: It wasn't the blogger thief this time who stole my views. It's an algorithm called Fred, theft now in progress. sad Paul Edmonson is working on it with Google.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)