Can we add our own Twitter Button?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

Purely because i find it so cumbersome having to keep opening twitter, copy paste and so on. Then because it doesn't always show the url we then have to write out the Title and so on. I know hubstaff took it down, but I am so used to using it its a pain.
    But the main reason is that my earnings have dropped liked a stone down the drain! not sure if this is the problem but it can't be helping!
    Any ideas? i can't quite work out what the hell they are talking about at twitter concerning buttons for sites etc.

1. always exploring profile image77
      always exploringposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I miss twitter too. How would we add a twitter button?

2. PhoenixV profile image64
      PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Maybe there is some Twitter addon or app for your browser.

2. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 7 years ago

I don't think we can, Nell. I've been doing copy and paste to Twitter on desktop or tweeting articles from my phone. It's just as easy.

1. Nell Rose profile image89
      Nell Roseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jan smile

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 7 years ago

Nell, The Twitter button cannot be added. It was removed since Twitter was not doing as well as Flipboard, which was added.

As far a tweeting, why do you say it doesn't always show the URL?  Of course it does – if you look in the right place. The URL is always in the URL field of your browser when you are on that page (hub). You can't take it from your stats list if that's what you are doing. (The stats list has special forwarding URLs for niche sites).

Just click to your hub and copy the URL from the URL field.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Glenn, I beg to differ.  On the stats page, if you right-click on any title, there is a choice to "copy link address." Then just go to wherever it is you want to showcase the article, and choose 'paste.'  Presto!  I just use that at any time I want to promote a hub on FB, Twitter, etc. It works just fine, regardless of whether it's going to a niche site, or staying here on HP.

1. janshares profile image92
        jansharesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It works for pasting to some sites but not all. Some sites can't follow the logon link. 

Take a look at the URL you're pasting and you'll see what I mean. Niche sites have extra code that logs you into the niche site when you click from the account stats pages. That's not the URL you really want to copy and paste.

Hubs on the main site have the standard URL in the stats page and with those you can do it as you describe.

1. Venkatachari M profile image82
          Venkatachari Mposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I didn't realize this difference in URLs. Thanks, Glenn, for pointing out this fact.
          I, however, always open my hub and then copy the URL and paste it wherever I want to share it.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
            Glenn Stokposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Correct! That's the right way to do it. That was the point I was trying to make.

4. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

Not sure what all the hoo was about the stats? I always take the url from the main hub page at the top. It was just that I wanted an easier way to click from the hub like we always did. But thank you all for answering, back to just copy and paste smile

1. PhoenixV profile image64
      PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Probably just click a button on your browser if you loaded an addon. Itd pop open a new window or tab complete with title and url then share. No copy no pasting.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)