The Obama Wiretapping Investigation

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (76 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image86
    crankaliciousposted 7 years ago

President Trump has stated that he found out former President Obama wiretapped him and has evidence to prove it. He has called for Congress to investigate.

Question: Why would President Trump ask Congress to investigate when he already has the evidence to prove his claim?

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Because regardless of what he says, the liberal half of the nation will call him a liar?  Think back to when Obama "proved" he was born in Hawaii and the response to his absolute proof that he was.

crankaliciousposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wildnerness - WHAT?!?

Trump says he has evidence. Yes, he's being called a liar. All he has to do is provide the evidence. Why call for an investigation when you have the evidence? Nobody will call him a liar if he provides the evidence he says he has.

Ironic you should bring up the birth certificate issue. Trump promised he had explosive evidence proving that Obama was not born in this country. Where is it? We're still waiting.

Obama said he was a citizen.  The naysayers demand proof and he supplied it in the form of a state birth certificate.  Whereupon he was called a liar within hours and the naysayers said it wasn't true.

The point is that the haters don't want truth, they won't accept truth.  They will ONLY accept what they want to hear, so why bother to try and provide evidence when it is a foregone conclusion that it will be declared a lie unless it "proves" what the listener wants it to?

Evidence is evidence. Instead of wasting taxpayer money on an investigation into evidence he already has, why not just supply it? Otherwise, it makes sense for Congress to request it from the President.

1. Credence2 profile image78
              Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

It was stupid for the idiots to make the charge that Obama was not a citizen based on the mindless rants of Trump and the rabid Right. There was no basis for such an assault, as there is none for this allegation from the Trump crew, now.

Didn't Trump have the nerve to ask for the President's transcripts, such temerity. Which former holder of the office was subject to such gall?

Ignoring the Trump bashing, yes it was stupid.  The first time I saw it I thought "Oh, come on - the GOP hasn't taken care of the question already?  The Justice Dept?  Somebody has, when he first filed to run for President".

And yet it went on and on and on (without help from Trump), while he insisted he was a citizen.  And proved it, without stopping a thing.  Which is the point.

2. wilderness profile image94

"Instead of wasting taxpayer money on an investigation into evidence he already has, why not just supply it? "

At the risk of repeating myself, "Because regardless of what he says, the liberal half of the nation will call him a liar?"  And again, paraphrased: Because those claiming he lies will claim he lies regardless of what proof he provides.  Nothing Trump can say, show or do will convince them otherwise.

2. dianetrotter profile image62
            dianetrotterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

True!

2. Credence2 profile image78

This is disingenuous, so where is the proof for the outrageous allegation made by Trump? Or does he just receive automatic credibility for what ever he says?

Don't dare to compare this with that stupid birther thing. The burden to prove that Obama was not born on the country fell upon him which he never proved and was at the greatest height of stupidity to think that HEknew more than all those whose task it was to verify such things long before Obama took the oath of office.

http://hubpages.com/politics/forum/1404 … ost2877411

My comment isn't about evidence; it is about the unwillingness of Trump haters to accept any truth that does not "prove" what they want to hear.  Exactly as it was with the birther thing.

The misfit chick has it right, your idea that the left is not willing to accept the Truth just because it involves Trump is incorrect. Both she and I are just saying PROVE it. Is that asking so much?

Why do you spend so much time dancing around this, what truth without evidence? Is that not important to you?

Evidence is evidence so prove it, already.

"Both she and I are just saying PROVE it. Is that asking so much?"

I repeat myself: "Because regardless of what he says, the liberal half of the nation will call him a liar?"  Personally, I don't think you would accept anything he provided, claiming it either a lie or fake.  But either way, there is a huge number of Trump haters that won't whether you do or not, so why bother?  Let someone else provide it.

Is it important to me?  No.  I don't believe for a second that anything would be done if it IS proven true, so why bother?  Proving once more that major political parties, and their members, violate the law isn't worth the time, money or effort - we already know quite well that such things are happening on a daily basis.  Including illegal wire taps.

Your opinion is mere conjecture on your part with no real basis in reality. No, I don't like Trump, but if Trump is right we have cause for concern as  this is a bombshell charge. So why are we being evasive and not asking for the same thing that you would have asked from Obama without all of the 'I believe that the facts and truth are irrelevant to those that are not in favor in Trump' stuff, that, in itself, is arrogance on its face.

"Your opinion is mere conjecture on your part with no real basis in reality. "

Except that we saw that very thing (disbelief in the face of positive proof) in the birthers.  And more every day as people believe the garbage they're being fed by politicians and media (Trump banned Muslims, for instance, or doesn't think women can do the job even as he hired one to run his campaign).  It's called "reality" and pretending it doesn't happen doesn't change anything.

'I believe that the facts and truth are irrelevant to those that are not in favor in Trump'

But I haven't said that, insinuated that or even hinted at it.  Indeed, I've made it very clear that party affiliation doesn't affect it at all, and neither does liking Trump.  In the big picture, of course, not in specific cases; in those cases it is ALL about party politics.

1. dianetrotter profile image62

There is a lot of cognitive dissonance on the part of people who will only believe what supports their own beliefs.  How can people learn anything new or enlightening?

2. crankalicious profile image86

It's more than that. Trump said in his tweet that he learned of this. How did he learn of it? His handlers said that he has evidence others don't. It doesn't make any sense. He's asking Congress to investigate (spend taxpayer dollars) when he has the evidence in his possession. Isn't that just a waste?

2. Valeant profile image87
      Valeantposted 7 years agoin reply to this

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13440247_f248.jpg

1. Valeant profile image87

On the lighter side though...

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13440248_f248.jpg

1. Dean Traylor profile image93
          Dean Traylorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13440256_f248.jpg

3. Dean Traylor profile image93
      Dean Traylorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Smoke and mirrors....just a diversion to get the latest on the Russian scandal out of the news.

4. Ewent profile image68
      Ewentposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump is like all sleazy CEOs. He simply believes in a CEO entitlement to lie and "recreate" facts. When he was asked by Tucker Carlson where he got the information he used to accuse President Obama of wiretapping, Trump said, "I got it from the paper." When pressed "which" paper, he admitted it was the National Enquirer. He considers the National Enquirer "real news" when this paper regularly prints and has cover pages that often borderline on sci fi bizarre.

That is one thing he certainly did not lie about.  When asked where he gets his advice from, he proudly said, "The show!"

Unbelievable!  No time for security briefings.  The shows tell him ever thing he needs to know.

1. Ewent profile image68
          Ewentposted 7 years agoin reply to this

One wonders if Trump will consult the National Enquirer when Kim Jung Un of North Korea is nuking the entire East Coast and Trump Tower with it.

I don't blame Trump.  I believe he is ill.

The scary thing is that people would vote for him, knowing what has been revealed.  It was a scary election.  It's too bad he was such an excellent marketeer.

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image59
              Dont Taze Me Broposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Diane, the real scary thing is that anyone would ever even consider voting for Hillarity knowing what has (and hasn't) been revealed - still under investigation you know (let alone nominate her as the best they have to offer?). What's even a scarier "thing" is how blacks would vote over 90% Democrat when the Democrats were the biggest advocates of slavery, founded the KKK, were against civil rights and have never done a thing to earn the black vote!  Everywhere, city and state governments, where Democrats have been in control for the last 30 or 40 years their plight has never gotten better but always worse, just look at the statistics. Fact is they are worse off after 8 years of Obama than they were before "their" black man took office. Rub the sleep from your eyes and wake up.

Are you black, how are you qualified to say that 'everything' is worse since Obama? So many others seem to know what is in our best interests outside of ourselves.

What does the GOP have to offer? We certainly lost ground under Bush, so what is your point? With Obama there was an advocate, with Trump, not so much.

The other issue is I wish your sort would stop talking about a Democratic Party that was in existence over a century ago. Is there anything that hasn't changed in a century and a half?

You don't have to be black to read the statistics -
                  http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 … dent-obama

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/blac … der-obama/

of course you don't care about the facts, they can't be facts if it isn't a black pointing them out? Another kooky  liberal tactic, you can't use the facts if you aren't black or whatever race or gender or minority they pander to solely for votes. Republicans don;t help blacks? it was the Republicans that passed civil rights while the Democrats opposed it. What black votes did it get them? Why should they do anything for blacks when blacks won;lt vote for them no matter what they do, but then vote for a party who has never done anything for them?
                  And 100 year ago Democrats? another straw man - most everything I say about the Democrats is about modern day democrats, not the democrats of a century ago so nice try once again at a straw man and mischaracterizing everything I say. Keep it up, this is not going your way.

Jump into the current decade.  Democrats support social programs, which lower income Americans need with the wealth gap that currently exists.

Considering Obama doesn't make laws, putting the blame on him and not on Congress is ridiculous..

No one blamed him, plain and simple he did nothing to help them. I didn't blame him for their plight, but since you brought congress up in his first term he and his party had control of both houses of congress and what did "they" do? Pass Obamacare under which the uninsured rate among Hispanics and blacks has fallen by a far larger percentage than whites. Exiting the fourth quarter 2015, the uninsured rate among Hispanics and blacks dropped by 7.8% and 7.4%, respectively. The fact Obama  ignored his promises to Hispanics and blacks when he controlled congress just proves the Democrats will do nothing but provide lip services to get votes from those constituents.
                  You say Democrats support social programs, as if Republicans don't? That's intellectually dishonest. There would be no social programs without Republican support, the difference is the Democrats promise and never deliver, liberal programs have only made the plight of blacks worse, they don't care, they just want to appear caring to get the votes while Republicans are more interested in providing safety nets and helping people get back on their feet like the welfare reform congress passed in the 90's, NOT making people more dependent on Government which is the only motivation for Democrat liberal policies.. there is much you need to learn.

Trump has made promises to the underserved communities, let's see how well he delivers?

Sure, the democrats controlled Congress for the first two years.  You seem to be truly ignorant about the state of the economy left by his predecessor.  First was to heal the broken, collapsing  economy left behind by previous presidents, and I'd include Clinton in that.  Second, passing the ACA which took at least nine months to accomplish.

As for failing minorities, 24 states, all held by Republicans chose not to take the Medicaid expansion.  Those include Texas and Florida.  That's who failed to help the Hispanic population.

2. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Except the National enquirer  is the darling model for liberals left-stream news media these days !

3. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Funny that there is mounting evidence the Obama administration did spy on the Trump team. I guess Men in Black was just ahead of their time.

Of course they did. When it was the NY Times and others who already reported they did from leaks weeks before Trump tweeted it and then the same medias called Trump the liar you know it was true. NO different than when the fact checker media said their was no dancing in the streets of Jersey on 911 calling Trump the liar when their own newspaper reported on the very same occurrence. http://gotnews.com/fact-check-muslims-d … -ny-times/

It's the media who are the liars, not Trump.

I loved reading how you came up with your alter ego!

I loved that you get it.

2. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

The US has made a formal apology to Britain after the White House accused GCHQ of helping Barack Obama spy on Donald Trump in the White House.

"Mr Spicer had earlier repeated claims that Barack Obama used GCHQ to spy on Mr Trump before he became president.

"He’s able to get it and there’s no American fingerprints on it," Mr Spicer said of the intelligence supposedly provided to Mr Obama by Britain.

"Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command - he didn't use the NSA, he didn't use the CIA, he didn't use the FBI and he didn't use the Department of Justice - he used GCHQ."" - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03 … retapping/

Oh this is ridiculous. Tripling down in a torte of lie upon lie. Sad & dangerous.
    https://www.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/designs/13326187,width=178,height=178/trump-lies-matter.png

And what price should Trump pay for the brazen lies and fabrications in this case? I suppose that all the Trumpets will quietly move on as if nothing has happened....

1. profile image0

And what price should Obama pay for lying to the American public taxpayer dozens of times ,  The Obama Care costs will driven down ,  " ............The coverage's will increase ......... the publics choices of health care providers will ALWAYS be  there ......... the costs will go down not up ........blah blah blah ........For implementing a colossal tax nightmare that will never go away .

All of what you say is debatable, the point is that NOW Trump is President and he is going the pay the piper for stupidly stirring a cauldron of his own making.

Trumpcare has not exactly gathered a great deal of support, haven't you noticed?

1. profile image0

Trump care or any care other than the previous versions of Medicaid,  SSI  , Medi-Care   should very well ALL be dumped .    what , les han 100 days and you want Trump too clean up the messes , many messes , created over the last  eight years or more ?   You still cannot dispute the fact that Trumps accomplishing more than  Obama did in a whole year or more .

The competition in the regular economy is by far the best  resolution for " Any-name "  Health Care , open the state borders to  insurance company competing  and federally  regulate overall care and  performance !

"You still cannot dispute the fact that Trumps accomplishing more than  Obama did in a whole year or more"

On the contrary, I do dispute it. You sure did not allow Obama to blame Bush for the biggest economic meltdown of the economic in 80 years on his watch. So we need to avoid hypocrisy and take the same attitude toward Trump, after does not the 'buck stops here'?

1. Valeant profile image87

His accomplishments to date:

- Sowing violence against minorities and foreigners using angry rhetoric.
                - Disparaging the former president with made up conspiracy theories.
                - Rolling back environmental protections that will cause more incidents like Flint.
                - Cutting social programs that will hurt ordinary citizens such as Meals on Wheels.

Wow.  "Sowing violence" yet!  Outside of a few terrorists, who has been subjected to Trump's "violence"?

At this point one would have to ask for proof they are "made up" (bearing in mind that ignorance is not proof).  Or is the statement equally made up?

"that will cause more incidents like Flint."  I would surely love to have your crystal ball that can see the future!  It would be invaluable in playing the lottery.

Which social programs has he cut?  Not adjusted in a proposed budget, but actually cut, that will hurt ordinary citizens?

1. Oztinato profile image74
                    Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

How on earth do chronic atheists support chronic right wing fundamentalists?
                    Hypocrisy.

Yep, great job, Donnie. This man continues to astonish by the day.

2. dianetrotter profile image62

Now Great Britain and Germany are being drawn into the drama.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
              GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hello Dianetrotter,

I saw the traditional after-meeting photo-op between Chancellor Merkel and Pres. Trump. I don't recall ever seeing one with such obvious negativity - on our president's side.

Words don't fail me here, but caution does restrain my two typing fingers.

And you just have to love the Brits for their use of "rubbish." I like that almost as much Biden's "malarkey."

GA

This is so amazing to watch.  I still say something is wrong with him.  Dementia doesn't cause one to lie.  I think people are afraid to tell him.

Merkel's expression was priceless!

Who can be serious to think that this man is Presidential material? At least when Nixon lied he had plausible explanations to serve as diversion. This Trump guy is not even smart enough to do that. What is he hiding? I know that he did not listen to anybody before he started running his mouth. While Pence is a deplorable rightwinger in his own right, he probably was prudent enough to suggest to Trump to exercise  prior restraint before he made his administration look foolish. He must be insane and it is obvious that he simply lacks the temperament for the job. It does not matter, any number of contentious issues are closing in on Trump and as I said earlier, in time we will get him out!!!

This is the stuff of sit-coms, not real life.

It appears that he is a good salesman.  He lies more than he breaths.

Thank you for being on topic.  I know it's not my foturm but I like to stay on topic!

He is not even a good salesman, he does lie and it seems to be as natural for him to tell a lie as it is for decent people to tell the truth.

3. profile image0

You  dispute it , are you dipping into the wine tonight ?,  You  make no sense. The difference ,Obama blamed bush after Obama's   failure of 3- 4- years ---Trumps been in office for less than a hundred days ...............?

After the stupid accusation against Obama without a shred of evidence to support it, your man has shown his ample a$$ to the entire world. An apology is in order from the Stupid Orange one to Great Britain and Russia as well as Mr. Obama.

But I know that his arrogant ego would never permit him to humble himself in such a way, he will leave the crow eating to Pense and his other assorted henchmen.

4. GA Anderson profile image89

Cred, I will always be here to pull you back from that pure Blue abyss. But I must admit; my Purple is having a difficult time resisting jumping on your anti-Trump bandwagon. Fortunately, my optimism that 'hope springs eternal', is able to restrain my "hunt and peck" fingers - so far.

GA

GA, it ain't easy being me. But this so called experiment must have many in a state of buyers remorse and it has not been 60 days.

You don't have to hold back, no point in resisting when giving in is as natural as going down a playground slide. So, let nature take its course.

This guy is not right, it goes beyond politics, ideology and such. I am not keen on much within the GOP. But my problems with Bush and Reagan were ideological. This Trump is different, he has wolves within his own party that are going to have to deal with him before he brings down the whole she-bang.

1. GA Anderson profile image89

Hmm... I think a little more time is needed. I will get back to you in a month or two.

GA

2. GA Anderson profile image89

Oh my! I just had a mental picture of my Mom marching over to your Mom's cloud and asking why she never taught you that 'Two wrongs don't make a right."

GA

3. surewaytohealth profile image61
    surewaytohealthposted 7 years ago

Legally, the process would start with the DOJ or Congress to investigate. He could submit evidence but they have to verify it, either way.

4. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

@ ahorseback  I don't get what you said - are you calling Trump a liberal?  The National Enquirer has an umbilical cord tethered to Team Trump, and only writes what Trump wants them to write.

While the president labels many outlets “fake news,” he speaks with nothing but respect about the National Enquirer. He did so in his recent interview with Time magazine, whose Washington bureau chief brought up the tale of the Cruz family and the JFK assassination.

5. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

Just in case anyone is interested in data. Jobs lost/created under Obama.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13465401.png

and an overview:

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13465495.jpg

http://sc.cnbcfm.com/applications/cnbc. … 20jobs.JPG

6. profile image53
    THEJO GEORGE JACOposted 7 years ago

President Trump was having a doubt that former President have wiretapped him.
    actually is is not having any proper evidence to prove that.

7. tammyechevarria profile image60
    tammyechevarriaposted 7 years ago

I know a lot of people r still unsure about President Trump. I am still unsure about him myself.  He has done some things that Former President Obama didn't accomplish,, But.. With President Trump being a businessman(not a politician) he's gonna do what it takes to get the job done.  I do believe he is trying but.. on the other hand I think things r getting a little hairy for him due to the fact that 1: he's not a politician, 2: he's a businessman(a successful one) 3:He has nooo clue how the Government works.  He needs to concentrate on the things important instead of the crap that is unimportant like the "wiretapping claims", The media writing bs about him. people r gonna talk and people r gonna protest. But... things like this shouldn't stop him from doing what he was elected to do and that is help America get back on it's feet, to help the Veterans who fought for us who have come home and no medical, no home, no jobs for them.  He needs to get companies to make more jobs so people who r able to work  can have a job and raise their families and get them off of welfare.

*I'm sorry if I mad anyone mad but this is just my opinions.

8. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

no problem, I agree,  get the real deal medical care for vets - that's just a start.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)