Has anyone's earnings bounced back?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)
  1. weezyschannel profile image87
    weezyschannelposted 7 years ago

Just wondering if everyone else is still getting slammed to the ground still.  It's been about 3 week that my earning were cut almost 80%

I know about Fred, but traffic to my no 1 hub hasn't slowed much. I've always only maybe made a Buck from Adsense in 2 years.  My earnings are all from the Ad program (nor Amazon)

Just don't understand--

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Mine only dipped slightly and now traffic is picking up again, albeit slowly, so hopefully all will be back to normal soon. I'm lucky that Amazon sales seemed to pick up the slack.

weezyschannelposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well, I wouldn't know because they deleted all my Amazon capsules just because I didn't purchase the item and/or use it. Only earnings I can get are from the ad program. This is just discouraging---

Earning were up, moved to Healdove, earnings dropped and now earning less than I did my first few days 6 years ago

2. TheAlexisChantel profile image61
      TheAlexisChantelposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Mine actually took a dip as well, but I'm very new so it's no real surprise. It was just interesting to see my views, as a new person, majorly drop down. I can't really say if mine would've went down for the same reason all of yours have though. It still seems to be down, but hopefully it will recover.

3. Bedbugabscond profile image92
      Bedbugabscondposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yesterday was the first day that my traffic was back to normal. I don't know if that will continue. I did update 25 articles, including ones on niche sites. The google quality guidelines emphasize frequent edits for medical YMYL articles. Only one of my articles is on healdove. I think the edits are the reason I am back to normal.

4. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Bounced back quite a bit but not all the way back to what it was; I'd say I have about 3/4 (rough estimate) of what I had before the slam.

2. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

Mine is dropping and dropping... I think I will give it a miss for a while, what's the point of pouring water into a leaky bucket? So disappointed! I have always written truthful articles, most have been good enough to take to the other sites but I still seem to be losing out. Today I have lost another 100 visitors!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree about new content. A couple of weeks ago I got all excited and created about five new hubs. Now... meh... What's the point? If it picks up properly, then I'll make some more, but for now, I'm going back into coasting mode.

2. weezyschannel profile image87

I feel your pain. My total earnings as less than $.40

When they changed the site up, is when I noticed the crash. Was making decent earnings, now, I don't even want to check anymore

3. Athlyn Green profile image83
    Athlyn Greenposted 7 years ago

So many of us have tried hard to make our content align with ever-changing Google requirements, but it seems it never ends. As fast as we see our earnings start to climb again, bam! same-old, same-old--another algo tweak and writers lose out once again. My days of moving hundreds of articles to the next hot site are long over.

This may keep up until the net starts to stagnate with little new content produced, because it isn't worth anyone's time. Why keep creating fresh content if you are cut off at the knees at every turn?

Yes, I agree!  It seems like when I moved some articles to the niche sites, is when my earnings plummeted to nothing L

4. Lipnancy profile image80
    Lipnancyposted 7 years ago

Good news - After losing 50% of my views after the new update, today I am finally back to normal.

5. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 7 years ago

Yes, slowly but surely, earnings getting back to normal. smile Hub on HealDove never regained traffic, still in single digits, unfortunately, used to be one of my top traffic drivers. sad

Yes Jan, I totally feel your pain! My denture hub was my number one out of all that was transferred to HealDove; Traffic increased and I was finally making a little bit of earnings, now with the update and the new site look, I can't  even make $.30 a day… I hope it picks up, I put my heart and soul into my writing… May not be the greatest, but my heart and compassion is there

6. eugbug profile image96
    eugbugposted 7 years ago

It's a dilemma whether or not to switch to Adsense. Last week I took a break from the HubPages program and switched to Adsense. Some days, earnings were 50 to 100% higher than typical values for the HP program. On other days, I had few clicks and earnings were low.

1. ChristinS profile image38
      ChristinSposted 7 years agoin reply to this

My experience has been the same overall as yours, so I am also at a loss a bit of what to do.  When I do get clicks, the amounts are so paltry on some of the niche sites it's laughable.  I'm done doing new hubs for now until I see how all the latest experiments here iron out.  I almost wonder if AdSense sees individual authors as "spammy" now having our writing on so many sites? it is something to ponder. 

I have several niche sites, two have seen improvement, but they've been around for many years and are well-established and I update them semi-regularly.  I think new sites may just require time and energy I don't have to devote to them at present.  I'll leave my hubs up but I am done creating new ones for now.  The same for niche sites/blogs - I don't plan to create anything new, just update what I have.

1. eugbug profile image96
        eugbugposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I haven't written any new hubs since last year, mainly because I haven't the time at the moment, but also because it's a hit or miss affair whether they will be successful, somewhat like throwing mud on a wall and hoping some of it will stick! Even when lots of effort is spent writing a hub with plenty of textual content and loads of time spent taking photos, it doesn't guarantee Aunty Google will approve. So I tend to spend time improving what I already have and promoting it.

7. earner profile image81
    earnerposted 7 years ago

Stats took a slow slide down .... but that happens anyway .... so I couldn't contribute that to any one event - it may be a seasonal issue.

8. Nell Rose profile image90

And mine are still going down and down! what the @@@? If mine have been good enough before, why the hell are they dropping still? taking a break for a while I think!

9. Nell Rose profile image90

I think the trouble is, when we were just on hubs, then we tended to be more individual, but now that they have put us on various sites, if google doesn't like a particular site, and we know it hates personal health ones, then if we have written a lot on health, like I have, then we are screwed!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

You can always delete any posts you have on niche sites, wait a bit, then re post them on the hub pages site, but when you do this you lose all of the "juice" you have gained over the time your article has been posted.  Conversely, you can move them to your own blog site if you have one.

I suspect one of the problems is competition.  Every day many more people write articles on the net, and if theirs is better than yours...well...there you go.

I have a few posts on Healdove and their views did not appear to change much, but they don't get a ton of views anyhow.  I suspect that if a niche site turns out to be a dud, the team might reconsider and place its articles back on the site.  I think it's very hard to compete with the big medical sites., which is why I write very few health related hubs.

1. Nell Rose profile image90
        Nell Roseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks TimeT! smile

10. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 7 years ago

Yes, based on what you guys are saying, I'll add to what Christin said and hold off on submitting any preexisting hubs to niche sites for the time being. Of course, we can't stop them from choosing to place hubs there, right? Maybe there needs to be a moratorium on adding any hubs to the niches sites until whatever is happening blows over. Maybe a couple weeks at least. I will wait until May to submit to niche sites.

1. ChristinS profile image38
      ChristinSposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't think we can keep them from putting a hub on a niche site, but I think by May we (us and HP staff) should hopefully have a better handle on what is going on.  Even on my sites where I am getting more traffic since Fred, I am not earning more money.  I really hope this irons out soon, it does get tiresome.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)