Do liberals support Illegal immigration because they are lazy ?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Why else support illegals who are merely working the bottom  of the food chain of employment ?

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It produces seemingly cheap products, including food.  That the real cost is far, far greater is something not to be discussed or allowed to be mentioned at all.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

THAT is exactly why corporate America fights against  stopping illegal immigration .

Actually, I don't think that is particularly true.  When all the competition is also paying substandard wages to illegals it doesn't do much for the profit margin.  No, it is the greed of the consumer, the consumer swallowing the tale that illegals pay their way, that is the problem.

1. profile image0

Unchecked immigration is a government subsidy .

Well, a subsidy for the consumer, anyway.  Again, when all the businesses get the same "cut" in costs it doesn't help the bottom line a great deal.  They may get to keep a small portion, but not much if they want to compete and stay in business.

Had a farmer tell me once that yes, he hired illegals and did it knowingly.  But that if he didn't he wouldn't be in business - it makes one think about just how much of that low wage is staying with the company.

1. profile image0

Yes ,  I have seen those employers and their illegal employees and families  in old run down house trailers without air conditioning or storm doors  out behind the tobacco fields ,    Poor -poor  tobacco growers , poor- poor  rich people who can't afford to pay a legal American  house cleaner ?

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

They often *are* the food chain, working with harvest and livestock husbandry which are skilled positions.  It isn't the basis for my feelings about undocumented immigrants.  It is however a fact of the economy that most people in affluent countries want cheap food but not to do the physical labor required to create it.

1. profile image0

What it is -is a Government Guaranteed Minimum Wage System .   

Perhaps anyone here can explain why an entire  ethnic class of people  should be  relegated to a poor working  class  lifestyle in the most advanced nation in the west , supported mostly by the same liberals who want the borders left open ? these people live in a world of exploitation , crime , drugs , sex trafficking , extreme poverty , indentured servitude .?

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The jobs are there for anyone to do them, but affluent people won't because they have better options.

Making all work $15 and hour plus benefits would be fine with me, great in fact.  The same people would do laboring jobs for the most part, and the same people wouldn't.

I think the too issues are less connected than you seem to think, or at least not in the way you think.  If US laboring work paid better, even more people would come over here to do it.  Affluent folks will still prefer flipping burgers or shuffling papers to picking fruit or turning down beds.  They don't do laboring jobs because they don't want to and they don't have to.

Would you really go to a heart surgeon that charged $15 per hour?  An attorney defending your life?  Even an auto mechanic that you depend on for your children's lives?

I wouldn't.  I'd go to Canada, or even Mexico first.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

And to reiterate, this has nothing to do with my support of sanctuary cities and tolerating undocumented workers. My support is partly compassionate, partly recognising a shared heritage, and partly pro-pan-American free trade zone.

1. profile image0

Yeaaa....  I hear there are lot of great benefit packages in certain undocumented trades like say , prostitution , lawn mowing ,  child sex trafficking , drug running , yes  even apple picking , ......I wonder what they do when they fall off a picking ladder  and break their ankle .....call Workmans Comp ?
      What do they do when a drug trafficker  stiffs them out of a paycheck ?  Ask for $15.00  bucks an hour ?

Say there are 20,000  undocumented people here  and  20 %  of them are working parents ;      How many of those are being exploited  in one way or another ,do you suppose ?

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Citizens are 5 times more likely to commit serious crimes than undocumented immigrants.  So if you want to reduce crime, try putting a curfew on citizens.

The answer to undocumented immigrants being victimized is sanctuary cities. If police don't deport victims, victims come forward and get help.

4. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

Economic migrants to Europe have headed to the UK over the last couple of decades, for the same reason Latin American migrants head to the US.

Rightwing countries are fine with poorly paying jobs. Investors make good money and that is what matters in those counties.

Countries like France and Germany do not want low wage/low skill jobs on the basis they do not offer anyone a good life.

If you really want to cut immigration to the US, make it harder to create jobs that local people do not want and will only be taken up by the desperate.

How do they get their low skill tasks done if they don't want such jobs?  Require a college education to work a shovel?

1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Warning, cutting comment ahead, lol.

I realise that the French must seem very clever to the average American but they ain't all Jean Paul Satre.

5. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Time  for educating  ,  as long as there are more diverse people born there will be diverse jobs for them to do .     Some people are born  to pick up  grass clippings , some are born to be professional  college students , or  truck drivers or  waitress'...................?

6. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

This question meets the "When did you stop beating your wife?" test.  Better worded:  What are some reasons Americans might have concerns about illegal immigration?

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That would be your choice of threads ?  Geee ,  ........next time I'll consider how you would word MY question ........................?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
      Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years agoin reply to this

.next time I'll consider how you would word MY question ...

There is always room for improvement - for all of us.

7. profile image53
    Soft Maestroposted 6 years ago

for shame all of you!  opining about something you will never control nor seek to control, nor will have the power to control... what a waste of time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)