what do you do with non earning hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (40 posts)
  1. oderog profile image47
    oderogposted 14 years ago

Is there anyway to make non earning hubs to earn you money, will appreciate your advice

1. profile image48
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I ust deleted about 8 last week because the keyword was low paying anyway. If it's a high-paying topic add to it, tweak it about, but if it's not I just delete it, but thats just me !

1. profile image0
        Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I deleted all my non earning hubs, I'd be left with...well, none! HA! lol

1. profile image48

Yeah but by earning I am talking big hitting 07 cent hubs, I didn't delete all non earners just the ones that were getting zero traffic !

1. profile image0
            fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that even possible? I mean for a hub to have zero traffic? Like nil, zilch, nada?

2. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Truthfully? I leave them alone. Partly because the objective (when writing them) wasn't to earn money.

And partly because they're mine. Mine mine mine. And I like them. Right where I can see them.

Which is even better when you find out that something you wrote brought immense joy to someone - that hasn't felt much like smiling in a long time - as I did two days ago.

It's a matter of personal choice I guess smile

1. profile image48

They were mostly the first ones I wrote, and to be honest were getting at most 2 reads a week plus no clicks in 4 months so thats why. If I feel I can get anything out of a hub I will try and make it better but those 8 were beyond help lol !!

1. frogdropping profile image76
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you BC. I have actually deleted one. Because I think I really was drunk when I wrote it big_smile

Was a good bit ago though.

1. beautyrose profile image60
          beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I intend to post a hub so weather its earning or not I would still like to published it.

So badcompany is back. Hope fortunerep will be here too.

1. profile image48

She is back, we have made friends and what can I say about that night. Of course I regret it but I can't change it, but am I the only person to have made a fool of myself, I doubt it !

1. fortunerep profile image68
              fortunerepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are right bc, it was just as much my fault, we move on, don't we

1. profile image0

What's going on here? What night? C'mon? I mean, badcompany and fortunerep are like two of my most respected people in here - if they made a fool of themselves I wanna know about it! lol c'mon, fortune, badcompany, somebody, anybody holla at me on this!

1. profile image0

Whao! I just saw the thread. Mad man stuff! And just when I thought I was the only madman in here! Its good to know that there's none perfect under the hp sun. lol Brilliant!

2. profile image48

You mean to tell me people write Hubs when they are sober, cool smile

1. beautyrose profile image60
            beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow that's great.I'm happy for you.I just knew that she love you.

2. oderog profile image47
      oderogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes personal choice, but what if this is a hub written for monetary purpose only

3. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like you more and more everyday!  Can I adopt you? big_smile

4. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She could unpublish them.  I do that cause I am like you, they are mine, mine, mine, mine. smile

3. frogdropping profile image76

Gosh sorry, I didn't actually reply to your OP because I was going off the header.

Tweak them. Look at where you can improve them. You can unpublish them and re-write sections, add better-related keywords or add them into the actual text if you have the right ones already but haven't used enough.

You can also make better use of headers (the capsules), pictures and so on. Plus don't forget to link similar hubs together and write a seprate summary rather than have it calculated automatically.

The summar is what shows up on search engines - make sure it grabs the attention of those looking for what you have written about.

And if you need further help, simply use the hubpages search facility. Type in what you're looking for: 'tweaking hubs' for eg and see what comes back. I'd check the forum and hubs if I were you.

Hope that helped smile

4. frogdropping profile image76

I have a feeling that copious amounts of vodka are not everyones' cup of tea ... smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol
      No ,but I honestly think a change from earl grey might just encourage my creative juices to flow,least one of these nights Im gonna give it a whirl ,just hope I remember to stay outta the forum  lol

5. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Yep, all forgotten and forgiven. Besides we did entertain a lot of people that night and I doubt if we are the only two people to have ever made fools of ourselves. But tis deff in the past my friend !

No. You're not. But ...

You should write a hub on 'Exploits, Upsets And Jolly Good Rows On Hubapages: The Official How To Guide'

big_smile

1. profile image48

Pmsl, you are a bad Frog smile

1. Beth100 profile image69
          Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, that all depends on the rum, don't it???  ;0

And Froggy, what would Kevin say about that?  Maybe he could help u research the topic... smile

I don't need any help from a chain-smoking, scrabble cheating, scale covered flying snake neutral

6. Lgali profile image58
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

i think someday they will earn some money

1. profile image48

I like your thinking Lgali, I really do !

7. frogdropping profile image76

Probably ...

8. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

BTW, I leave all my hubs on, or I wouldn't have any pages left... lol

9. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I've found that over time, there's been almost none of my Hubs that didn't start earning money.  Even low-paying ones.  Out of my (looks at account) currently 139 Hubs, only a handful (yeah, I mean five) have not earned anything in three years, and they all happen to be newer ones... so I expect that will change over the next year.

I've gone back to improve and diversify content, perhaps even changing the angle of a Hub's take on a topic and I can almost always boost a Hub's performance.  I also did a lot of experimentation with keywords and have cut out a lot of the ones that knock your Hubs down to that one-star potential earning level.
    I also used the competitive ad filter on my AdSense account to block some sites I felt were serving really crap ads to my Hubs and that's helped too.

You also have to accept that if you really love to write about lots of really low-earning topics or aren't writing in a way that is geared towards earning that you just aren't going to make money.

10. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I hardly ever delete a hub. It's just been a short time that I've been here and every hub has contributed something financially. I almost never rework a hub either. Write it and move on.

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You might be curious to read this account of Hub rewrite.

1. profile image48

Relache your advice is second to none, I have read a lot of your stuff and deff it has improved how I approach hubs, you are without doubt one clever lady and I just want to say cheers for making your advice public !

11. profile image0

Relache I'm not saying not to rewite hubs. It just seems that's all some people do.

After just 4 or 5 months here, I don't really think I have a large enough sample to start making wholesale judgements on any hub. I'm really just starting to get a sense of what works well, what works really well, and what never should've happened. I'm going to go through the Xmas season. And then probably take a second look. But I probably won't make any major changes until the majority of hubs are a year old or more.

btw, I didn't recognize you this morning!

12. relache profile image73

That rewrite gave that Hub a $35 day.  I didn't think much of rewriting Hubs until that happened.  I don't do a lot of it, but when I've got a Hub that I know somehow touches something that I know people are into, but the Hub just doesn't seem to be doing it, I give it a think.

And I like to change my avatar once a year, sometime in the neighborhood of when my HP anniversary happens on July 31st.

13. profile image0

Your new avatar is beautiful. Did you draw it?

14. relache profile image73

Thanks, badcompany.  BTW, that was the most Angie's ever earned me, as ususlly entertainment Hubs are only really good for traffic.

Nelly:  that image of me was drawn live at a rather unusual party I went to right before I moved away from San Francisco.  I think it really looks like me, but what's funny is when you see the full size, he didn't draw any of my tattoos...LOL...

15. Claudiu0007 profile image59
    Claudiu0007posted 14 years ago

Yes is possible for a hub to have 0 traffic but you can improve this situation.(If you really care about that hub). I remember that i work a lot for a hub about a ebook and i get in top 3 for the name of that ebook and also i make sales.. The key ...i think is traffic! Good Luck to all of you !

16. Mac Mission profile image60
    Mac Missionposted 14 years ago

we have to wait for there chances.i have many but those hubs gains more importance when high paying hubs is not earning

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)