My Cat Talks. Really am I crazy or alone in it.

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (21 posts)
  1. zolaente profile image58
    zolaenteposted 16 years ago

I was in the past watching the talking cat video and now my cat has been talking clear for some time. Has anyone here also had the problem of them learning maybe words they should not repeat? At first it was cute and still is but, at times I have audio and video on since I do bodypaint shows and the last thing I need is her yelling bad words for attention. I put news clips of her on the news and her talking on the site but, for her to clearly say cuss words live could be bad. I do like a pg show so kids do not need to learn words from a cat. Know what I mean.
      Hey I am wondering if anyone else here has cats or dogs that are talking. I know it happens and have heard others but, it seems not so common. I first thought I was nuts but, others hear it too alot so maybe we are all crazy there eh. Am I alone in this or does anyone else have one also that is starting to talk or learn speach?

1. Bikash jha profile image61
      Bikash jhaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oops she is alone. is nobody there to answer her. i just found her message in bottle which was floating in space from almost two year. do you guys have same crazy experince, well i am posting in this because i think its intersting and people of present civilization should know about it which our ancestors couldnt understand

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow....i never heard of this situation before.  although i would think that having a talking cat would be more of a blessing in disguise than a curse, as i know i'd be filthy stinking rich if i found a talking animal like a cat or dog.  however, all kidding aside, your actually the first person that i know of that's had this problem.  plus, i don't mean to criticize you or anything, but how do you know that it's not all in your head? 

seriously, even the most skilled shrink will tell you that the mind can often play tricks on all of us.  then again, since you said that you had other friends that have allegedly heard this cat talk as well.  therefore, it's hard to fathom that many of the same people would have the same hallucination. i would probably record your cat talking or take her/him to a vet and see what they say about this.

another thing i want to ask you is....do you and these people have a history of mental illness or drinking problems by any chance?  i apologize sincerely if that offends you or if i come off insulting asking you that.  im mean no offense by it.  im just trying to ask questions to help you figure out the root to your problem that's all.  anyways, i hope that helps.

3. profile image0
      GalaxyRatposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your cat could just be mimicking words.
      This freaked me out.

2. profile image54
    CatsAndDogsposted 13 years ago

When in college I lived in a house turned into apartments. One day the police showed up. The old woman downstairs had complained that I left my baby alone crying all day. No kids - I lived alone. At that moment my half-Siamese cat walked up and said clearly "Mommy! Mommy want out!". We couldn't believe it. I later learned he'd been begging at another neighbor's house - He would say "Mommy, hungry!"  The neighbor thought I was a witch and the cat my familiar. Some cats can talk.

3. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

The speech ability is not unique to homo sapiens.

However, repeating versus understanding is more than likely unique.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cats have the ability to "say" a lot more than we are willing to understand. If somebody fed me all my life nothing but  dry food, two scoops two times a day, I WOULD START SWEARING TOO!!! Any language, never mind what!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, agreed.

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

The OP has managed to write 1 hub in three years (and no I've not been to see what it is). My guess is that he or she is either in need of mental help or they were lonely and just wanted someone to talk to.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

IzzyM, have I got a post for you! Give me about/maybe 15 min!

Edit: Go Britain!

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You'd had 46 minutes now! Sitting here drumming claws...waiting...

5. patdmania profile image61
    patdmaniaposted 13 years ago

It would be amazing to actually understand what they are saying.  Cats are very smart.  They talk for food, affection, or to go outside.  I wish i still had my old cat(RIP - Socrates.  He was the master talker!

6. IntimatEvolution profile image67
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

My cat Lola Bell talks to us all the time.  She does a lot of kitty cat chattering.

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh my God!!! I thought.............. Never mind just forget it!

7. Teresa McGurk profile image61
    Teresa McGurkposted 13 years ago

Well, not to sound totally bezonk-oid or anything, but I raised a kitten from about 14 days old; she and I have conversations, mostly in mi-yows. Nothing other than "food" "out" "love," but she takes me places in the yard or in the house to show me things (a dead bird outside, a puddle where one of the old dogs couldn't wait to go outside, a place she likes to hide, etc.).

Or maybe I am completely bezonkified.

8. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

all animals talk in many ways and some learn our some words in our language. People just have such a mind-set about them they don't try to talk back or even listen.  It shouldn't freak us out that they understand and start to talk back.  I think they would talk more but their mouths and tongues are not made like ours to speak the way we do. Animals think WE'RE the ones who are nuts and sometimes they think we're rude or just not very smart because we don't listen.  Sometimes they ask questions that go unanswered because we are too obtuse to listen and respond simply because we think animals are "lower" than us!  how rude can we get?

9. Hestia DeVoto profile image62
    Hestia DeVotoposted 13 years ago

I've never known a cat that truly communicated in English as far as the sounds they made, but my cat clearly understands me.  If she's trying to get my attention and I ask her "what's wrong?" she will tell me precisely in a mix of cat noises and body language.  She leads me all over the place to point things out to me or if she wants me to move from my desk to the favorite chair in the living room, etc.

Now the parrot that used to live with me when I had a roommate... that bird could talk!

10. Lifeallstar1 profile image61
    Lifeallstar1posted 13 years ago

Can you post a link to a clip of the cat talking? I'd love to see that. I did see a clip on funniest home video or something of a cat singing, I think. It was quite a while ago but I was amazed!

11. Lifeallstar1 profile image61
    Lifeallstar1posted 13 years ago

Oops...that post was from 3 years ago so I doubt they'll put up a link. If anyone else has one, let's see it!

12. profile image52
    frankukposted 10 years ago

when i was about 5 years old i had a friend a few houses down she had a cat i still remember the cats name, the date was around 1956 on the south coast of england .
    me and my friend and her brother was looking over the garden fence at the bottom of her garden her cat was up a tree, as we looked over we saw about 6 cats sat in a half circle looking up at my friends cat in the tree and to our amazement one of the cats talked saying we are going to get your cat, actuly it spoke the cats name.
    ill never forget what we heard and wish i could find my friend because i am sure they to would remember. i wont give the cats name in case i ever contact her or her brother and they say the name of the cat and the road we lived in, then ill know its them.
    i know cats can make strange sounds but this was very clear spoken.
    now here is another strange thing a few years ago i happend to walk past this house as i looked i saw a sign beware of the cats now that freaked me out after 50 plus years had past.

13. Justin Foist profile image60
    Justin Foistposted 9 years ago

My friend has a talking cat. At first I thought it was a little girl or his mom. Then I thought it was him. But no, it was his cat. You can have a full conversation with her, and she curses a lot. She also likes and hates certain people. He says she just started talking a few years ago. We also don't hang out much, but we talk over Xbox Live.
    He joined the Marines a few months ago. When he returned after bootcamp, her voice was real hoarse at first. Then my friend (that she really wants to kill) joined our chat and she flipped out. It came back real quick hahaha!
    The first time I saw her was the last week of senior year of high school. Some friends, him, and I went to his place to get some things before we left to see the new Godzilla movie. I said, "Hey Sassy, it's me, Justin" and I pet her. She just gave me a weird look, and went and hid in the other room. Kind of disappointing, since I've talked to her for months. She's just an old, fat, tabby cat. Nothing special. Except that she talks.
    I still have my doubts because I haven't actually seen her talk, but my friend isn't the type of person to lie about something like that. I've heard him say something to her that made her mad and scratch him, and he would show me the scratches the next day. I have also recorded her talking on my phone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)