Crime is everywhere in America

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 6 years ago

this actually gets to the heart of the matter. trust vs distrust.  Maybe conservatives do not trust and liberals do. I would say, yes, crime is everywhere and I have been lucky. My purse was stolen out of my unlocked car and, another time, a wallet was removed from the purse I had left in my unlocked car. The contents of the wallet were later sent back to me! Does this apparent showing of conscience on the part of the thief, (or someone else) make me a trusting liberal. Heck no!

Now, I usually lock my car, but it depends on the area and length of time gone. In front of my house, not all the time. But I should. If my car is stolen, it will be my fault.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Conservatives do not trust and liberals do? Is there anything some people won't separate into categories labeled conservative and liberal?

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. I'm trying to resist my natural urge to point out the absurdity of most of the threads here. Of course, I freely admit to giving in to it with this post. big_smile

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
          Kathryn L Hillposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Forgive me for going off course. sad

1. profile image0

No forgiveness needed. You can posit whatever you want. It's a free country,

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

Crimes of certain types ARE on the rise ,  Opioids  , drug use ,  property crimes associated with drug abuse and addictions, theft , robbery , burglary .........  parked car crimes as well , There is the need to steal and sell to gain just ten , twenty , thirty dollars . Around here in rural America it's just as bad as in the inner cities .

Be vigilant all , watch for the safety of elderly , children ,  wives !

1. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"Around here in rural America it's just as bad as in the inner cities."

Really? 
      We have very little crime in our rural area.  I think the further a person lives from major cities the better. Less people, less problems.

2. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It is crimes against the English language that worry me most, lol.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Of course , typical liberal  response -ignore the topic or solutions of forum conversation  to what ,to hide the facts of increased specific crimes nationwide ? This being a direct result of liberalizing  and loss of control of justice systems everywhere ?

So much for pseudo-intellectual ,elitist , liberal , activist judges of the last five decades and their 'soft on crime ' constructs of the "new and improved " criminal systems  all across America .

How's that ? 
        This is where you tell me that the fact's of our much trusted "media " says otherwise

2. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Were you drunk when you decided to be so unpleasant this time?  I believe you understand the severity of criminal activity but maybe you don't care about it in America.

3. profile image0

Well, I thought it was funny. ;-)

To the rest of you, some rates for particular types of crimes have risen, some rates have dropped.

I personally don't always lock my door at night in my small town of about 5,000 but I do have a dog who awakens us when anyone enters our driveway or yard.

3. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

In the interests of International Amity and Mutual Understanding, I promise not to Make Fun of any American for One Full Day. Except in Bars and Places of Ill Repute, wherein I cannot be expected to know Whosoever I am talking to.

I, so Pledge.

Further, I will forfeit one thousand pieces of white space to any Aggrieved Party and Two Buckets of commas, of a serviceable and scatterable kind for the pleasure of said party.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Your and many others in forums incredible envy of being and experiencing the wonders of being American ? Duly noted !

2. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Wish we could follow suit but making fun of the Brits is a national past time here.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

"Crime is everywhere in America"

In other shocking news: The sun is hot.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)