Will James Comey's Testimony End The Trump Presidency?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (59 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image87
    crankaliciousposted 6 years ago

Say what you will about James Comey's performance as head of the FBI. You can think whatever you want about him. What is absolutely true is that he does NOT have the reputation of being a liar and there is historical evidence to back up his practice of taking accurate notes on his meetings. Both Republicans and Democrats regard Comey as somebody who tells the truth and he is somebody who has a record of telling the truth.

Therefore, if he testifies that Donald Trump attempted to stop or interfere with his investigation(s), will that end the Trump presidency? If that's what Comey testifies, then Donald Trump will be guilty of obstruction of justice, which is a crime.

1. Live to Learn profile image62
      Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well, if wishes were fishes. But, if the guy testified in May that no one interfered with or attempted to stop the investigation and he would now say otherwise is he a liar now, a liar then, a sometimes liar or just unable to remember the facts?

I realize many would like a smoking gun in order to boot the president out of office buy I doubt we'll get one out of this.

Sorry.

crankaliciousposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well, what we've learned from your post is that you read right-wing blogs and news feeds because James Comey did not testify that President Trump did not interfere with his investigation.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter … erence-fb/

Here's the full exchange you are referring to:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos … 034074c8a6

If ABC news is a right wing blog I suppose I'm guilty as charged.

1. colorfulone profile image78
            colorfuloneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good to know that ABC reported the truth about Comey testifying that there was no interference in the investigation.  Kudos to ABC.

Doesn't matter. If it doesn't fit the liberal's  narrative it has to be a right wing blog.

2. colorfulone profile image78

Washington Post and Politifact don't have their facts straight, which is to be expected. They don't have much credibility left.  As credible as a 1k a day crackhead...Sadly. 

Comey, (in fact)  testified under oath that there was no interference in his investigation, saying that would be a 'big deal'.  Never in his experience has that happened not from Trump either.

"James Comey Admits Trump Admin Didn’t Obstruct Investigation"
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gleewHxt7k

That's a Mark Dice comedy video. Its very funny to watch Democrats lie publicly.  Skip to about the 1:40 mark to hear Mr. Comey testify under oath. 

Really, its the liberal leaning sites that spew-out mis-information and fail to report important facts.  Its no wonder so many good people are so mis-informed.  That is the saddest part.

I've included an actual transcript of his testimony, so you can read it for yourself and see that's not what he said.

2. ptosis profile image66
            ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I did, and she asked the question:
            So if the Attorny General or Senior Officials says that the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory, yes.

So your statement is true here:
            "
            then you lied when you said that Comey said  "

Comey's prepared statement for tomorrow found here:
            https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the … annotated/

"It turned out to be just the two of us, seated at a small oval table in the center of the Green Room. Two Navy stewards waited on us, only entering the room to serve food and drinks.

The President began by asking me whether I wanted to stay on as FBI Director, which I found strange because he had already told me twice in earlier conversations that he hoped I would stay, and I had assured him that I intended to. He said that lots of people wanted my job and, given the abuse I had taken during the previous year, he would understand if I wanted to walk away.

My instincts told me that the one-on-one setting, and the pretense that this was our first discussion about my position, meant the dinner was, at least in part, an effort to have me ask for my job and create some sort of patronage relationship. That concerned me greatly, given the FBI’s traditionally independent status in the executive branch ..........
            ........ On the morning of April 11, the President called me and asked what I had done about his request that I “get out” that he is not personally under investigation. I replied that I had passed his request to the Acting Deputy Attorney General, but I had not heard back. He replied that “the cloud” was getting in the way of his ability to do his job. He said that perhaps he would have his people reach out to the Acting Deputy Attorney General. I said that was the way his request should be handled. I said the White House Counsel should contact the leadership of DOJ to make the request, which was the traditional channel.

He said he would do that and added, “Because I have been very loyal to you, very loyal; we had that thing you know.” I did not reply or ask him what he meant by “that thing.” I said only that the way to handle it was to have the White House Counsel call the Acting Deputy Attorney General. He said that was what he would do and the call ended.

That was the last time I spoke with President Trump."

IMHO 'that thing' was Trump let Comey keep his job and now wanted Comey to do some PR work putting the word out they the FBI was not investigating Trump himself.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-same-thing-or-different-thing-c2e24c.jpg

2. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What you're hoping for is a dream ,    How you describe Comey is partial at best ,  He obviously has egotistical  and self serving   issues ,   Obama didn't like him although he hired him ,Hilary Hated him  with a passion , democrats hated him, obviously more than any of this The Media uses him and  love-hates  his theatrics at the same time .
      Trump also , is so far above the sensitive phase that liberals hope for as to render him bullet proof to these P.C , media driven and  liberally  swallowed causes .

I have said Comey will be working in the MSNBC , CNN , Oprah   media lead talk shows and Invititation only liberal  college circuits for years .I sure hope Comey  can fit that in with his book tour schedules .

It's truly impressive how you don't answer a question and how your mind works in such a completely irrational fashion (well, irrational from my perspective. I'm sure I'm irrational to you). Honestly, I had a discussion tonight with another "liberal". Neither one of us thinks Trump probably did anything wrong vis a vis Russia. Whether those around him did something wrong is another matter. All that just doesn't matter to me.

What I'm saying is that James Comey is respected in Washington and he's got a reputation as somebody who tells the truth. Your assertion that he's egotistical and self-serving is straight out of Trump's mouth. Basically, everything Trump says, you regurgitate in some form. That's fine.

Then there's reality. If James Comey testifies that Trump did not ask him to stop his investigation or interfere with it, then no problem. If he testifies to the opposite, and his notes back it up, Trump is in real trouble.

Can we even agree on this: if you are the President and you ask the FBI Director to stop an investigation that involves you and your staff and/or you do anything to impede that investigation, you are guilty of a crime.

1. profile image0

Answer , uhhhh , No.!

One more "wish upon a star" for the Hilary or Sanders sore losers , take your pick .of washington or willy wonka land ,If  you  really knew people  ,  you would know Comey  is a man   playing the system for the cameras ,  A career  government mule ,  a systematic obstructionist for personal gain ,   the politics of benefits and pensions  ,  Trump hasn't gone down yet and he ain't going down tomorrow . Is THAT clear enough for the baby obstructionist in you ?

Tomorrow ,, Comey will speak for a hour and say absolutely nothing . A hilary speech. An Obama rant .

Clear enough ?

Once again, literally regurgitating everything that Trump says. Why not just post what Trump says word-for-word?

2. colorfulone profile image78

Actually, today Comey was questioned on who has the authority to stop an investigation.  He answered saying he thought the president could direct who can be investigated and who cannot be investigated.  He was correct.  A president can also pardon anyone.

3. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hello crankalicious,

There is a lot of speculation, (or leaks), that Comey will not say Pres. Trump attempted to obstruct his investigation, but I will leave that to the pundits and answer your question.

From what I have heard and seen, Pres. Trump did not demand the investigation be dropped, or attempt to stop it. Or threaten Comey.  He only asked that the FBI let it die. As long as Comey left the meeting feeling he still had a choice, (and the leaks about his back-up memo says he did), then I do not think Pres. Trump is guilty of obstruction. Inappropriate actions for sure, but not obstruction.

GA

I read some stuff about Comey's intended testimony. It struck me as smart. He's apparently going to provide his perspective, but believe that his opinion about what Trump was trying to do is "irrelevant". That's likely to make his testimony more powerful.

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it is being reported that he intends to lay out the facts and decline to offer his opinion about whether Trump's actions amounted to obstruction. It is now up to the investigators to determine that.

2. profile image0

If he left the meeting feeling he still had a choice, then was subsequently fired after choosing to continue the investigation, do you think the previous conversations might be viewed in a different light?

1. GA Anderson profile image88
          GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There you go again PrettyPanther ... asking tricky questions. ;-)

But it is a good question.

Putting the two events together could possibly paint them both as efforts to obstruct. Or, since even Pres. Trump must have been aware, (a dangerous assumption?), that firing Comey would not have stopped the investigation, the former may still have been only an effort to influence, and the latter may have been an act of pique due to the former's failure.

In other words; Pres. Trump may have fired Comey because he was pissed off Comey wouldn't do what he wanted. Revenge or retribution don't seem implausible attributes to Pres. Trump's actions.

GA

1. profile image0

Just how or actually why does the left expect armageddon  from Comey's biased Obama   investigations of Trump , but didn't expect him to do and feel the same for Hillary , Oh yea ...........forgot about that one huh ? Hilary's emails from her rinky dink  broom closet  server were intercepted by FIVE separate foreign intelligence agencies  ,   Comey investigate that , uhhhh why not ? 

Anybody suspect  by now that James Comey's a 'Deep State"  dopus ?
            Remember what I said about a book deal and a MSNBC  anchor job ..........Fire up the barbie George Soros , here comes  James Comey.

2. profile image0

Given the recent reports that Trump has been seething ever since Sessions recused himself from all matters having to do with the Russia investigation, I think your assessment that Trump could have fired Comey mostly  out of anger at Comey's "disloyalty" might be right.

It's all going to come out eventually. As Carl Bernstein of Watergate fame keeps saying, where there's smoke there's fire, and there's an awful lot of smoke in this case.

3. ptosis profile image66

The president knew exactly what he was doing when he invited the FBI chief to a private dinner at the White House and asked him to pledge his loyalty. And on Valentine's Day, when the president asked Comey to stay behind in the Oval Office, Trump was clearing the way for what he knew was an inappropriate conversation.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions surely realized what was going on. That's why he was reluctant to leave. So did Trump's son-in-law andadviser, Jared Kushner, who also lingered behind until the president excused him from the room.

Trump wanted the investigation into fired National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's contact with the Russians to end. And he went straight to the man in charge to tell him to drop it.

4. profile image0
      promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I suspect it will take a combination of Comey, Mueller and closed-door testimoney by Coats and Rogers to trigger any impeachment proceedings.

Impeachment is more likely if Coats and Rogers say that Trump asked them to intervene, which they refused to answer during the public testimony.

But Comey sure could damage Trump if he testifies about his notes and especially if he confirms he told other officials about pressure from Trump.

5. jackclee lm profile image80
      jackclee lmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why did Comey leak his own notes to the NYT? It seems odd for the ex-Director of the FBI...
      He seems like a stand up guy. He should have resigned if he felt he couldn't trust his boss - President Trump...IMHO

1. profile image0

He didn't "leak" anything. "Leak"implies that the information he shared was classified or otherwise confidential. It wasn't.

1. profile image0

That is naive , He will be lucky to avoid charges for breaking the trust of a private presidential meeting........  about a fed .  investigation !  He worked FOR Trump.

1. profile image0

No, he works for the citizens of the USA, something Trump apparently needed to be reminded, if he ever knew it in the first place, given his woeful ignorance of how our government works.

2. ptosis profile image66
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

been already said that he won't state if an obstruction of justice.

3. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

By the way ., I would suggest liberal obstructionists contact Michael Moore , he has offered his services to Shallow - Deep State leakers anywhere !

4. crankalicious profile image87

Certainly, one thing President Trump says is true: he could gun somebody down in cold blood and his supporters would still love him.

Apparently, if reports yesterday are true, he siphoned off money meant for a kid's cancer charity for his own personal benefit. So, he's getting close.

And keep in mind, this is coming from Forbes based on tax information:

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/busine … 200857.php

5. profile image54
    peter565posted 6 years ago

THe President don't stand trial while in office, so we need to wait until at least 4 years later, till he can stand trial

1. ptosis profile image66

Political Incompetence Is an Impeachable Offense. but there will be no impeachment.

Suppose, for example, that a sitting President is diagnosed with a mental illness that a competent authority decides makes the President unable to carry out his duties, but the President refuses to step down. Assuming this President commits no impeachable crimes, can he still be removed?

25th amendment Section 4.
      Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

But if the President objects—declaring in writing “that no inability exists”—it gets complicated: then the Vice-President and a majority of the Cabinet, or of Congress, have to tell the Speaker and the president pro tem that the President can’t do his job. Then it’s up to Congress, which would have forty-eight hours to meet, twenty-one days to decide, and then to vote, by a two-thirds majority, on whether to give the President’s powers to the Vice-President.

https://mariomurilloministries.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/unfit-copy.jpg?w=700

Of Course , 25th amendment would create a crisis and won't be invoked, because the following was a warning in 2016 and nobody cared:

Statement by former national security officials (2016)
      The undersigned individuals have all served in senior national security and/or foreign policy positions in Republican Administrations, from Richard Nixon to George W. Bush. We have worked directly on national security issues with these Republican Presidents and/or their principal advisers during wartime and other periods of crisis, through successes and failures. We know the personal qualities required of a President of the United States.

None of us will vote for Donald Trump.

From a foreign policy perspective, Donald Trump is not qualified to be President and Commander-in-Chief. Indeed, we are convinced that he would be a dangerous President and would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.

Most fundamentally, Mr. Trump lacks the character, values, and experience to be President. He weakens U.S. moral authority as the leader of the free world. He appears to lack basic knowledge about and belief in the U.S. Constitution, U.S. laws, and U.S. institutions, including religious tolerance, freedom of the press, and an independent judiciary.

In addition, Mr. Trump has demonstrated repeatedly that he has little understanding of America’s vital national interests, its complex diplomatic challenges, its indispensable alliances, and the democratic values on which U.S. foreign policy must be based. At the same time, he persistently compliments our adversaries and threatens our allies and friends. Unlike previous Presidents who had limited experience in foreign affairs, Mr. Trump has shown no interest in educating himself. He continues to display an alarming ignorance of basic facts of contemporary international politics. Despite his lack of knowledge, Mr. Trump claims that he understands foreign affairs and 'knows more about ISIS than the generals do.'

Mr. Trump lacks the temperament to be President. In our experience, a President must be willing to listen to his advisers and department heads; must encourage consideration of conflicting views; and must acknowledge errors and learn from them. A President must be disciplined, control emotions, and act only after reflection and careful deliberation. A President must maintain cordial relationships with leaders of countries of different backgrounds and must have their respect and trust.

In our judgment, Mr. Trump has none of these critical qualities. He is unable or unwilling to separate truth from falsehood. He does not encourage conflicting views. He lacks self-control and acts impetuously. He cannot tolerate personal criticism. He has alarmed our closest allies with his erratic behavior. All of these are dangerous qualities in an individual who aspires to be President and Commander-in-Chief, with command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal.

We understand that many Americans are profoundly frustrated with the federal government and its inability to solve pressing domestic and international problems. We also know that many have doubts about Hillary Clinton, as do many of us. But Donald Trump is not the answer to America’s daunting challenges and to this crucial election. We are convinced that in the Oval Office, he would be the most reckless President in American history.

1. profile image0

SIMPLE ,  THE ABOVE------TOTALLY  AND COMPLETELY   HOGWASH !

LIBERAL WHINERS , GET OVER YOURSELVES

Fifty Republican former national security officials issued an open letter affirming they would not vote for Donald Trump and deeming him dangerously unfit for POTUS.  Are you saying that a personal single opinion is more legit and has more credibility then 50  Republican former national security officials?

I did not know you are/were  had/have Super-duper over-the-top security clearance with omnipresence. I feel blessed to have interacted with such greatness. I'm in awe.

1. profile image0

Anyone who.disagrees with him or Trump is a liberal whiner. He just called 50 national security officials liberal whiners. When he jumped on the Trump Train, it must've been slathered in super glue because he ain't jumpin' off.

2. profile image0

Just five months in office, and Trump has already demonstrated that their concerns were legitimate.

6. ptosis profile image66
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Sanders says the Teflon Don is not a liar. Who on this forum doesn't think he's a chronic liar?

"Those were lies. Plain and simple,"
    "I was honestly concerned he might lie about the nature of our meeting."

Comey directly disputed three more claims by Trump:

That Comey had sought the Feb. 14 meeting to ask to stay on as FBI director

That Comey ever reached out to Trump via phone

That Trump's "No, no. Next question" assertion about whether he asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation was true

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/0 … ony-239295

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/5728c7af52bcd0320c8c0665-1190-625/this-man-is-a-pathological-liar-ted-cruz-explodes-at-donald-trump-after-trump-goes-after-his-father.jpg

https://progressivecynic.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/trump-politifact-liar-year.jpg
    http://images.dailykos.com/images/367301/large/Trump_liar_in_Chief_Trumpskilledliar_1_.jpg?1487318771
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_5AMeX05cZbJX99QiGMbkNnc0hZLAHqmGsyg7NTawDCGK1kKz

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2015/151030-republican-frontrunners-winning-big-in-epic-battle-against-truth.jpg
    http://img.scoop.co.nz/stories/images/1703/985efdb2cc09a328b2b1.jpeg
    https://i1.wp.com/www.theleaderng.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/FB_IMG_1457519840839.jpg?fit=720%2C924
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/86a0d338470346fac70b585f005c36ef/tumblr_ole4icNHyT1rncbh7o1_500.jpg

1. profile image0

All Honest Don has to do is produce those tapes he threatened Comey with. The truth would then be known.  Or, is it possible Honest Don was merely making an empty threat? Hmmmm, such a mystery....a mystery that could be quickly resolved with those tapes.

Of course, Comey testified under oath today. I know who I would trust and it isn't Honest Don.

If there are 'tapes', then like Nixon, he must produce them since government records

1. profile image0

The stupidity and the awesome display of Comey's   incompetence is displayed amazingly in his every response yesterday , -----WHILE liberals everywhere AND their "downstream" media continue to ignore that it was actually Comey who broke both our confidence in government offices , and the law of the land  as well .

Without any input whatsoever by Trump .

1. profile image0

Okay, if you are right, why won't Trump produce the tapes? It would discredit Comey and clear Trump. Why won't he do that? It would put this issue to rest and save us taxpayers a a lot of money. Why won't your clever businessman simply release the tapes?

1. profile image0

I think what possibly ,you and many , many people lack is the intuitive ability to tell the difference between  a liar and a politician , or a businessman and a career celebrity exibitionist for that matter .  I have seen Comey as one , a VERY self serving and obviously a devout liberal  , and two  a career government employee who lacks  the sense of  duty and loyalty to serve HIS JOB period and not the ideology  of those that hired him .

All the more reaso he should have been immediately fired .

Trump is easy for many to personally dislike , really easy , me included , BUT the leadership ability is  extraordinary ,  the ability to push , cajole , force ,  bribe and move mountains is his to own .
              Stand back and watch a leader .

Everyones Advice ; Stop trying to "LIKE "  your leader ..Simple

1. profile image0

You didn't answer the question,

1. profile image0

Is that a typical liberal response or do you like to ignore reason , or is there actually a question you specifically want answered ? Tapes ?   If there are any  , it still may not answer the difference between  Trumps ;"...........I hope  you can let this go .............."   And  Comey's ..."   I believe in my heart he was telling me  ......."

Remember this ; this was just all okay with liberals everywhere  , "What difference , at this point , does it make ?"

I'll answer this way , What difference DOES it make now , tape or no tape ?  You will only go on to the nest obstruction on the your anti-Trump menu anyway !

1. profile image0

What difference does it make?

@realDonaldTrump
                    James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!
                    5:26 AM - 12 May 2017
                      25,495 25,495 Retweets   77,481 77,481 likes

An empty threat? If so, why? If Trump isn't worried, why would he bother with this silly threat? If the tapes exist, he should be eager to share them. If they don't, then he is a liar or a bully or both. I think even his supporters know the truth about that.

7. crankalicious profile image87

I will be the first to say that after Comey's testimony, there is not enough there to impeach President Trump.

1. jackclee lm profile image80

Thanks for being an honest stand up guy. The main street media can learn from you. You don't have to like Trump but this charade and false narrative they are portraying is not helping anyone.

I don't think it's a charade or a false narrative. I think that Trump's people did a lot of stuff they shouldn't have done, but I think Trump himself was probably just operating in a business-like fashion and for him, that meant arranging deals and setting the stage for future deals. That said, Trump has a mix of business people and political people working for him. I suspect that the political ones interpreted his directives quite differently from his business people. After all, there is political speak and business speak. We admire business people and hate politicians. It all comes down to intent. I think Trump intended to make deals. I think some of his people, like Flynn, tried to operate outside the law.

And I think what Trump hates most about all of this is that it makes him look incompetent and he wants the media to stop reporting that his White House is in chaos.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well said!  Now if the REST of the country can just recognize that Trump is not the run-of-the-mill politician, with normal political goals and methodology, we might actually get down to running the country.

1. colorfulone profile image78

I can appreciate what crankalicious said.  It really shows that he is thinking.  I may not agree with everything, but when people are using thought it is a wonderful thing to see.

2. profile image0

Lol, the rest of the country does recognize that. Some think his goals and methodology are great; others not so much.

8. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

Not only did it turn out to be nothing there .. But it turned out to be no nothing here , there or anywhere near there, there  !  After listening to three ours of Comey say , repeatedly to questions ...........".......I could be wrong but ......"  .about one hundred times  , and then having him  admit to being the leaker to ...".....My friends in the media ........" when he found out he was fired , I am thoroughly convince Trump was absolutely justified in firing Comey , AND  that he should have done on the first  day in office .

I can only hope that someone brings such deserving  charges against Comey !

If Pres.Obama had actually" had a set "   he would have fired him for all the incompetence before then EXCEPT that Comey was definitely  of a highly polluted liberal  supporter of THAT administration .

What a vacillating  meathead Comey turns out to be !

9. Misfit Chick profile image74
    Misfit Chickposted 6 years ago

What difference does it make? This is the tame, logical end of the stick...

The most likely reason for Trump feeling a need to talk to Comey inappropriately & ALONE so many times; is because of his 'bullying' experience as a businessman clashing with his INEXPERIENCE as potus. He seems either completely clueless about processes and even what his position does. He takes on everything as if he is a dictator bellowing orders that are supposed to be immediately followed. That's how things happen in the business world, so thats how things should work in Washington, right?

We've seen all kind of subtle and larger (like this) examples of Trump's 'inexperience' (if that's what it is); and the really funny thing is... If Barack Obama had attempted to elbow his way around like Trump has, talking to whomever whenever about whatever, bullying & grandstanding (and tweeting!) to get his way - his haters would have been screaming for his impeachment.

Of all the NERVE... that BLACK guy with the scary Muslim name!! A good old fashioned lynching is what HE needs!!!

1. profile image0

And you're an expert on presidential   "experience or inexperience "........How ?

Don't forget Pres. Obama  is  only "......half black ......." by his own admission . But how the left  always gets to race used to baffle me , now I fully know it's just an  excuse to avoid reason in a debate at all costs .

10. ptosis profile image66
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

https://adamsmith.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/methode_times_prod_web_bin_84ea93da-4c7e-11e7-8b46-aeb9dec90269.jpg?w=600
    http://media.cagle.com/139/2017/06/09/196635_600.jpg
    https://images.dailykos.com/images/411527/small/O_LORDY.jpg?1497113640
    https://ipolitics.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/CRO1802-1.jpg
    https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/19/23/95/trump406.jpg

1. jackclee lm profile image80

Very funny. Or it could be Trump is not a typical politician that has their own language and protocol. An average person has difficult in that world. He just wants to establish a good rapport with his staff...
      A moutain out of a mole hill.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)